+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL SENIORS - KINDLY ADVISE LANDING RULE

sunandan kumar

Star Member
Jul 27, 2009
Dear All,

This was a proposal of our family of 4 members i.e. my spouse, 2 dependent children and me as principal applicant wanted to land at Calgary. I need a clarification from the seniors for the following points:

Point No.1
Two members of the family (principal applicant and a dependent child) wanted to land in Sept 2010 as
Child's college admission process will begin in Aug 2010

Point No.2

Two members (spouse and a dependent child) wanted to land in August 2011 due to child pursuing college degree to be completed in June 2011. Mother of child will too stay in India for taking care of child.

Please advise whether family Break up for landing is possible and am confused as to what is the Canadian immigration rule ?

Regards,

Ksunandan

sunandan kumar

Star Member
Jul 27, 2009
sunandan kumar said:
Dear All,

This was a proposal of our family of 4 members i.e. my spouse, 2 dependent children and me as principal applicant wanted to land at Calgary. I need a clarification from the seniors for the following points:

Point No.1
Two members of the family (principal applicant and a dependent child) wanted to land in Sept 2010 as

Point No.2

Two members (spouse and a dependent child) wanted to land in August 2011 due to child pursuing college degree to be completed in June 2011. Mother of child will too stay in India for taking care of child.

Please advise whether family Break up for landing is possible and am confused as to what is the Canadian immigration rule ?

Regards,

Ksunandan

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

sunandan kumar said:
Dear All,

Point No.1

Point No.2

Regards,

Ksunandan
1. The principal applicant has to "land" first or at the same time as any dependents. The dependents can "land" at later date as long as their COPR is still valid. The COPR is only valid for 1 year from the date of the medical or the expiry of the passport, whichever comes first. So your wife and other child would not have enough validity of the their COPR to postpone their landing that long.

PMM

CoolEJ

Star Member
Jul 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMM, This is Off-Topic, but I'm just curious.

What if the PA landed first and then the dependents decided not to proceed to Canada afterall?

Considering that the wife, who is one of the dependents, contributed some 4 points to the Adaptibility points of the PA, will there be any effect to the PA still staying Canada?

chandan

Star Member
Sep 16, 2009
Once the PR is approved, that's it. Whether the dependants land or not is of no relevance. If wife decides not to emmigrate after PR has been approved that's of absolutely NO CONSEQUENCE infact principal applicant can request for RPRF(right of permanet residence fee) paid by the wife. It has no negative effect on the PA even though he claimed adaptability points through wife's education. Once they finalised your case, it's done and dusted, O_V__E_R. Hope this clears your mind CoolEj?

CoolEJ

Star Member
Jul 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wow,cool. Thanks Chan!
So this can be something to be considered for those having doubts getting a job immediately or are tight on budget.