+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

All questions on Student permit along with family.

AskBD

Star Member
May 27, 2019
This is incorrect. Spouses of international students are not always granted a permit. More like 50/50.
Hi Canuck,
I value your opinion as an expert. Can you help me with ideas on how can I establish better Local Ties with these profile? Seeking others inputs as well.

My profile:
1. Loving in Bangladesh. Age 38 yrs, applying with family. 2 kids 9 yrs and 7 yrs. Spouse ex banker now house maker.

2. Work experience of 12 yrs in globally renowned bank. For last 3 yrs working in Supply Chain Management having BBA in marketing and MBA in finance. Now applying for 1 yr PGD course as I didn't have formal education in SCM.

3. I'm eligible for 1 yr sabbatical leave without payment for higher study. I'll come back to country for better carrier. My monthly gross salary is quite good in country appx CAD 4k.

4. My siblings are living abroad. I need to come back for my parents and their property assets management which are of handsome values.

Now plz suggest how can I show string local ties when I take my family with me.

bosun2020

May 18, 2020
Hi Canuck,
I value your opinion as an expert.

My profile:
1. Living in Nigeria. Age 37 yrs, applying with 3 kids, 7 yrs, 5 yrs and 3 yrs.

2. Spouse is a Manager, has business visitor visa till 2023, bank balance of $75k (usd) equi of over $100k cad.

3. Been a self-employed caterer for over 10 years, bank balance of over $100k (usd) equi of over $140k cad.

4. Applying for a diploma in Culniary arts which is related to catering.

5. Have shares investment and 3 developed landed properties.

6. Been denied visit for April 2020. Not sure maybe due to COVID-19 issues.

7. Spouse has a profile on Express Entry modest score of 444.

Question. What are my chances considering spouse has a profile on Express Entry and family ties to Nigeria.

AskBD

Star Member
May 27, 2019
Hi bosun,
Your case is unique. Your finacsila strength is strong. But having your wife's express entry probably triggers a negative impact for visa officers. Most importantly, you did not mention the refusal reasons. It's very important to know the facts right.

bosun2020

May 18, 2020
Hi bosun,
Your case is unique. Your finacsila strength is strong. But having your wife's express entry probably triggers a negative impact for visa officers. Most importantly, you did not mention the refusal reasons. It's very important to know the facts right.
The intended visit was for my sister-in-laws 40th birthday, which was to hold in April. As when we were denied, there was already a ban on international travel. The reason given was due to ties to the home country.
I have travel history to Switzerland (last October), and a visa to France (January 2020) which I didn't go. I have also traveled with my husband and 3 kids to Dubai earlier last year.
My real fear is the Express Entry profile which my Husband has.

bosun2020

May 18, 2020
Is it okay for my Husband to state the that he has a profile on Express Entry, and also his visa in his supporting letter of Explanation. He was in Canada last year for about a week only.
I already have my acceptance letter and have already paid the required deposit

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Canuck,
I value your opinion as an expert. Can you help me with ideas on how can I establish better Local Ties with this profile? Seeking others inputs as well.

My profile:
1. Living in Bangladesh. Age 38 yrs, applying with family. 2 kids 9 yrs and 7 yrs. Spouse ex banker now house maker.

2. Work experience of 12 yrs in globally renowned bank. For last 3 yrs working in Supply Chain Management having BBA in marketing and MBA in finance. Now applying for 1 yr PGD course as I didn't have formal education in SCM.

3. I'm eligible for 1 yr sabbatical leave without payment for higher study. I'll come back to country for better carrier. My monthly gross salary is quite good in country appx CAD 4k.

4. My siblings are living abroad. I need to come back for my parents and their property assets management which are of handsome values.

Now plz suggest how can I show strong local ties when I take my family with me.
Given that you already hold a senior position in SCM a post grad diploma will not lead to career advancement and is clearly for immigration purposes.

Reactions: AskBD

Faiza Rabbani

Jun 4, 2018
Hi, everyone. Hope you all accomplish your dreams.
I am a newbie and want to ask few questions.
If I apply for an Associate degree online in business admin, can my husband and three children accompany me if I apply for their study permits and OWP resp. (Why associate degree? bcz my ECA gives me a low level of education being done only 2-years of bachelors in commerce.)
Secondly, is this associate degree eligible for PGWP later on?
what would be the best province to study in and settle on temporary basis?

kindly reply

AskBD

Star Member
May 27, 2019
I don't think there is any restriction for associate degree for PGWP. You need to have minimum 8 months education probably not in English language, you need to be a full time student and it has to be from a DLI.

Here is the link for details.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/post-graduation-work-permit-program/eligibility.html

But not sure if 2 years bachelor has a problem. I'm not an expert on this.

Lola2019

Nov 9, 2019
Hi bosun,
Hi, I am a bit confused.
1. Does having an express entry profile weaken your chances of getting approved for a Study permit?
2. What if you were never selected or proceeded with it?

AskBD

Star Member
May 27, 2019
Hi, I am a bit confused.
1. Does having an express entry profile weaken your chances of getting approved for a Study permit?
2. What if you were never selected or proceeded with it?
1. Yes it does in most cases as I came to know from my study on this but Ive not found it from any person experienced.

2. That's is some people suggested me that if I am not invited and applied further for my PNP, it is okay not to declare the express entry application.

Let's here from experts?

PriyankaPratik

Star Member
Jun 16, 2019
Hi all,
I am planning for may 2021 graduate certificate program and i have below queries-

1. I already have MBA from india and 9 yrs of IT experience.will this increase my study permit application rejection chances due to inappropriate course?
2. I already have Express entry profile as well but with low crs score and will expire on mar 2021. Will this impact my application? Shall I withdraw the profile?
3. I have 2 yr kid and want to apply with my husband for SOWP ,visitor visa for my child and mother. Hence my statement of purpose will include reason for husband is o financially support me and mother will join only for initial few months to set our life.
Since my kid is small I cannot leave him and join the course hence need to move along with husband and kid. Is this a strong or weak point?

4. Also I have my home ,my all family members here in home country. Wat else do I need to mention in order to convince VO about my home ties as I will be applying with my husband and child.

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Hi all,
I am planning for may 2021 graduate certificate program and i have below queries-

1. I already have MBA from india and 9 yrs of IT experience.will this increase my study permit application rejection chances due to inappropriate course?
2. I already have Express entry profile as well but with low crs score and will expire on mar 2021. Will this impact my application? Shall I withdraw the profile?
3. I have 2 yr kid and want to apply with my husband for SOWP ,visitor visa for my child and mother. Hence my statement of purpose will include reason for husband is o financially support me and mother will join only for initial few months to set our life.
Since my kid is small I cannot leave him and join the course hence need to move along with husband and kid. Is this a strong or weak point?

4. Also I have my home ,my all family members here in home country. Wat else do I need to mention in order to convince VO about my home ties as I will be applying with my husband and child.
1. Depends, if it's a business program then yes, if you are changing your career to something other than business then, maybe. Work experience is not an issue with regards to career change. I shifted from Hospitality to marketing and had 4-5 years of work experience in hospitality; I got approved. If you are going to apply for a marketing with an MBA and 9 years of work experience for example, then you are most probably going to be rejected.

2. You can have dual intent, that is have both an Express entry profile and apply for a study permit. They will however examine your case more to see if you will leave if your PR application is rejected, this will mean that they can assess that you would not leave Canada if your PR application is refused. More scrutiny, but it is up to you.

3. It reduces ties to your home country, by bringing your family with you, and this would be a factor that they would check for your dual intent. Your mother is not counted as that would be a tourist visa. Getting a SWOP for your husband and bringing your child (not sure what visa children get) will add time to your visa application. There is a possibility of it being rejected and yours being approved.

4. When judging ties, they only see immediate family members. If you are married, that would include your husband and children to a greater extent to the rest of your immediate family. Also, any residents abroad would also come into factor, but you will not be rejected for having a relative in Canada.

AskBD

Star Member
May 27, 2019
Hi all,

Hi i am also applying for wintwr 2021 with family and 2 kids. Here are ny views based on my research doen so far:

1. It depends on how you put out your plan in SOP. There is no straight answer to this. You must clearky establish thta this program is going to help you progress in career im your home country.

2. Having dual intent is officially allowed but significantly lower your local ties and most likely to play a negative role in decision making by VO. I would prefer to close the express entry profile way before i apply for SP.

3. Vistor visa fine for your kid as hes below the age of being considered as a student. I would suggest don't apply for your mom with you. This will make your local ties look poor.

4. Having home and relatives does not actually proof local ties. Tdu to show relatively larger amount of assets if not your yours rather of your parents even in laws. If you can take sabbatical leave from study that will be string kocal ties IMO.

zohaib90

Apr 27, 2017
Hi everyone, my wife and I will be applying for study permit and dependent visa under SDS.

Currently my wife resides in Pakistan and I am living in uae, can we apply visas under sds? As I read one must be staying/resident in Pakistan to apply under sds.

Also, please let me know how can we show strong ties back home, except from owning a property or business. (Considering student already have an MBA and going for PG course for 2 years along with the dependent).

PriyankaPratik

Star Member
Jun 16, 2019
1. Depends, if it's a business program then yes, if you are changing your career to something other than business then, maybe. Work experience is not an issue with regards to career change. I shifted from Hospitality to marketing and had 4-5 years of work experience in hospitality; I got approved. If you are going to apply for a marketing with an MBA and 9 years of work experience for example, then you are most probably going to be rejected.

2. You can have dual intent, that is have both an Express entry profile and apply for a study permit. They will however examine your case more to see if you will leave if your PR application is rejected, this will mean that they can assess that you would not leave Canada if your PR application is refused. More scrutiny, but it is up to you.

3. It reduces ties to your home country, by bringing your family with you, and this would be a factor that they would check for your dual intent. Your mother is not counted as that would be a tourist visa. Getting a SWOP for your husband and bringing your child (not sure what visa children get) will add time to your visa application. There is a possibility of it being rejected and yours being approved.

4. When judging ties, they only see immediate family members. If you are married, that would include your husband and children to a greater extent to the rest of your immediate family. Also, any residents abroad would also come into factor, but you will not be rejected for having a relative in Canada.

Thanks for such a detailed view. However below are the points that i will consider.

- Planning for International business management course that will enhance my career in IT Management stream.

- Thinking of withdrawing the EE profile just to ensure that this doesnt count to one of the reasons for visa rejection if at all.

- Is it a good option to apply with child , mother and me -since my kid cannot leave without me so i have to take him along in any case and my mother to help me out in initial stages on visitor visa. Is this a better approach, reducing the visa rejection chances.

- Will be option 3 approach be better to prove this? if yes after how long can i apply for my husband and how long will the process take so that he can join me in Canada?