+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

All permit expired

sidon17

Star Member
May 23, 2013
Hello ,

My work permit got expired on this firday, it was BOWP issued based on CEC appliaction last year.
Now i dont have any visa or work permit..I already stopped working..
can i stay in the country or should i leave right away..

i have seen if you didnt work all 4 years you can ask for extension for the time you didnt work ,,means jobless or out of country..
Please help i m looking to stay 2 more months .dont care about work..

thanks

sidon17

Star Member
May 23, 2013
sidon17 said:
Hello ,

My work permit got expired on this firday, it was BOWP issued based on CEC appliaction last year.
Now i dont have any visa or work permit..I already stopped working..
can i stay in the country or should i leave right away..

i have seen if you didnt work all 4 years you can ask for extension for the time you didnt work ,,means jobless or out of country..
Please help i m looking to stay 2 more months .dont care about work..

thanks
Seniors please help

gorkhethito

Mar 23, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31 Aug
AOR Received.
31 Aug
sidon17 said:
Seniors please help
You can ask extension but on what purpose??to be legal you shd have legal status..if you cant get lmia for work than go for visitor visa..you can stay legally for the duration they will give on your tourist visa..this is what i know..u may wait for others advice..thanks

Hhh466

Star Member
Jul 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Apply for a temporary resident visa. That is what I did once my work permit expired. Most likely the visa will be issued for 6 months. However, the processing time is really slow so it should give you enough time to enter the EE pool and what not considering you have 450+ points. I applied for my temporary resident visa in July and I still have got no updates on it. Chilling under implied status for now.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hhh466 said:
Apply for a temporary resident visa. That is what I did once my work permit expired. Most likely the visa will be issued for 6 months. However, the processing time is really slow so it should give you enough time to enter the EE pool and what not considering you have 450+ points. I applied for my temporary resident visa in July and I still have got no updates on it. Chilling under implied status for now.
In addition to applying for a TRV, you will also have to apply to restore your status since you failed to submit an application before your BOWP expired and are now in Canada without status.

nuno1313

Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Apply for a TRV within 90 days of the date your BOWP expired. After that you won't be on implied status anymore and will be tough to get any sort of visa to stick around and stay. You will need to restore your status as well.