I applied for my mother and here is her timeline:

Citizenship & Residence: Pakistan
Visa Office: Abu Dhabi
Application: Online
Application Received: 31-May-2017
Biometric Letter Received: 2-June-2017
Biometric Updated: 5-June-2017
Passport Request: 19-June-2017

During this time I submitted two case specific inquiries since I made a blunder on the IMM5257 form and selected wrong country of birth. I sent new form via case specific inquiry.

Hope this information helps
Hey congratulations.
How did you sent the new form via case specific inquiry?
Where is that?

arcanerk

May 6, 2017
I am in the same situation. I applied on 10th May and still no updated and I cannot link my application online. I made a mistake that I sent my passport with the application and I need my passport now for a Business visit to Dubai.

Can anybody tell me if this is something normal that I will request my passport back OR it can make any impact on decision making ?

Thanks.

pk82

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
I had applied on 25th may paper based no updates yet

I linked my application to online but seems like they have not even touched any application yet

Plus time no extended from 27 days to 34 days

But keep in mind at least they would take 2 months I got visa for schengen which is nearly expiring and now I have a feelings that I will not able to go there any more

sunny82

Star Member
Dec 10, 2010
Same here. I applied for my father on May 10th. Still waiting for any update. 54 days up till now. About passport , you can still request them to get it back. In case of approval they will ask you to submit again. Contact VFS. But i think it should be in final processing now. Let us know if there is any updates. There are many MAY applicants still waiting.
Thanks

pk82

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
Yes but my application was paper based otherwise I would have given them late on approval

I sent email to Islamabad embassy where my case was submitted

At this stage it is not imp for approval or rejected just need my passport Back so I can travel to other country

I hope this week would be finalized I guess so because my time was required 27 days in Canada website and VFS told me 44 days which is crossed already so let see

I will update everyone here and I will call VFS too

pk82

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
Hello

I spoke to the VFS call Centre I explained my situation that I am waiting for my paper based application and plus my other visa is expiring for. Schengen and I need to travel urgently

What they told me u can write a letter to the VO explaining the problem and you will get ur passport in 8 days and later if they approve your Application you can resubmit your passport.

Is that possible and will affect my application if I do that

Secondly if they approve my application how much time required to submit passport again because I'll be spending 20 days in Europe

Can any experienced or expert person can help me
Plz I don't need suggestions which is not experienced

Anwers

Mar 30, 2017
Karachi
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello

I spoke to the VFS call Centre I explained my situation that I am waiting for my paper based application and plus my other visa is expiring for. Schengen and I need to travel urgently

What they told me u can write a letter to the VO explaining the problem and you will get ur passport in 8 days and later if they approve your Application you can resubmit your passport.

Is that possible and will affect my application if I do that

Secondly if they approve my application how much time required to submit passport again because I'll be spending 20 days in Europe

Can any experienced or expert person can help me
Plz I don't need suggestions which is not experienced
No it will not effect ur application and secondly you will be having 30 days to submit passport from letter of PPR and you can get it stamped in any other country as well but you can ask this with isb office

ali2525

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
i applied on 9th may and no update of any sort yet although i did email for case specific inquiry and no reply yet

Ali R Shah

Jun 20, 2017
Thank you everyone for your help specially "pk82" for your prompt responses, I got my passport request letter.
My best wishes for everyone.