Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 19, 2013
LANDED..........
December 6, 2013
ეს არის ქართველების ფორუმი სადაც კანადაში ჩამოსვლის მსურველებს ეხმარებიან "სტაჟიანი" კანადელები... :) :D :D

This is the topic for GEORGIANS TO HELP EACH OTHER TO SETTLE IN CANADA! WELCOME TO CANADA!

GeoCanadian

Star Member
Mar 28, 2012
Nanaimo, BC, Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa, Canada
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2012
Doc's Request.
08-04-2013
AOR Received.
PER receieved on 05-APR-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application (band 8.5)
File Transfer...
Transferred from Buffelo to Ottawa
Med's Request
10-05-2013
Med's Done....
24-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 19, 2013
LANDED..........
December 6, 2013
You may discuss anything and everything related to Georgia, Tbilisi, Or Ankara visa office, travel through and from Georgia, immigrant and non-immigrant interest in Canada; etc, etc...

GeoCanadian

Star Member
Mar 28, 2012
Nanaimo, BC, Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa, Canada
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2012
Doc's Request.
08-04-2013
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
10-05-2013
Med's Done....
24-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 19, 2013
LANDED..........
December 6, 2013
ON THE SUBJECT OF POLICE CERTIFICATES:

Anyone applying for any immigrant visa categories will need police certificates/clearances from all countries they have lived in for more than 6 months since they turned 18 years of age. If you have lived in Georgia for more than 6 months since your 18th birthday, you must provide your police certificate from Georgia.

Up to date (April 2013) information is that you can acquire such a certificate in English language, already authenticated (legalized) by several agencies in Georgia (Police, Ministry of internal affairs, ministry of foreign affairs) within 24 hours. Such one stop, expedited service costs an equivalent of about $100USD. For lesser amount you can obtain this in about 10 days. Here is how to obtain a police certificate in Tbilisi, Georgia:

You may apply for a police certificate in person or by mail to the Ministry of Internal Affairs at the following address (you will need to present your passport and/or any Georgian identification document that has been issued to you):

Ministry of Internal Affairs
Service Agency
21st km of the Red Bridge Highway
Tbilisi, Republic of Georgia
Telephone: 995 (32) 41 90 15 / 41 90 16

If you live outside Georgia
You may apply by writing to the Ministry of Internal Affairs Information Centre or authorize a relative or friend to act on your behalf in Georgia.

Make sure your police certificates are not more than 3 months old when you submit them to Canada Citizenship and Immigration. Otherwise they will ask for renewed certificates.

Good luck!

GeoCanadian

Star Member
Mar 28, 2012
Nanaimo, BC, Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa, Canada
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2012
Doc's Request.
08-04-2013
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
10-05-2013
Med's Done....
24-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 19, 2013
LANDED..........
December 6, 2013
IF YOU HAVE ALREADY RECEIVED CANADIAN PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR CITIZENSHIP, HERE IS HOW YOU CAN BRING YOUR PARENTS AND/GRANDPARENTS TO VISIT YOU HERE:

>So called "Super Visa" - a multiple entry TRV with 10 (!) year validity, is available for this purpose;
>You may apply for your parents/grandparents to receive this Super Visa at the Canadian Consulate in Ankara, Turkey;
>Your application will be successful only if you meet the minimum income requirement, i.e. earn income in Canada that satisfies these minimum income requirements that depend on the number of members in your household. See amounts here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5256ETOC.asp#incometables
>Major requirement and the biggest expense is that you have to purchase a private medical insurance policy for your visiting parents/grandparents. Depending on their age and health condition, this may cost between $700 to $1,500 (!) per month! So, make sure you do have financial means to support this and other expenses associated with their visit/stay in Canada;
>You will have to sign a letter promising to pay for all the expenses;
>Your parents/grandparents will need to undergo health examination;

Here are the details on this Super Visa: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/supervisa.asp

Good luck and blessings to you!

GeoCanadian

Star Member
Mar 28, 2012
Nanaimo, BC, Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa, Canada
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2012
Doc's Request.
08-04-2013
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
10-05-2013
Med's Done....
24-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 19, 2013
LANDED..........
December 6, 2013
Frequently asked question: is there a Canadian Consulate in Tbilisi, Georgia? Answer: YES, THERE IS! IT OPENED IN AUGUST OF 2012.

However, there is NO VISA SERVICE provided to non-Canadians at this location. All immigrant and non-immigrant visa applications for Georgia are still managed by the Canadian Consulate in Ankara, Turkey.

The Canadian Consulate in Tbilisi, Georgia, can assist Canadian permanent residents and citizens with variety of issues, such as getting their passports renewed, etc. They also help the companies to make commercial contacts with the prospective business partners.

Here is additional information: http://www.international.gc.ca/media/state-etat/news-communiques/2011/226.aspx?lang=eng

Here is the contact info for the Canadian Consulate in Tbilisi:
Address : 34 Rustaveli Avenue, Third Floor, Tbilisi, Georgia, 0108
Telephone : 995 (32) 298-2072
Fax : 995 (32) 218-2052
Email : ccogeorgia @ gmail.com

GOOD LUCK AND BLESSINGS TO YOU ALL!

GeoCanadian

Star Member
Mar 28, 2012
Nanaimo, BC, Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa, Canada
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2012
Doc's Request.
08-04-2013
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
10-05-2013
Med's Done....
24-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 19, 2013
LANDED..........
December 6, 2013
FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE FROM GEORGIA, TEMPORARILY RESIDE IN CANADA (E.G. ON A STUDENT PERMIT) AND WANT TO GET YOUR WORK PERMIT FAST BASED ON THE APPROVED JOB OFFER:

As you know, it takes 42 to 89 days to change the status and get your Work Permit if you send your application to the CIC or if you apply online (see: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp ). If you received a job offer and have a Labour Market Opinion, you can get the Work Permit in minutes at any Canadian-U.S. border checkpoint. This is despite the fact that Georgia is NOT one of the visa exempt countries. One requirement is, however, that your TRV (temporary resident visa that is affixed in your passport) must be still valid. It is better if it is multiple entry one. However, if you are a student, you can re-enter Canada from United States even on a previously used single entry TRV, as long as your Study Permit is valid (see here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=473&t=4 ).

The procedure of going across the Canadian-U.S. border just for the immigration purposes and coming in right back to Canada is commonly refered to as "flagpoling". I JUST SUCCESSFULLY FLAGPOLED AT THE CANADIAN-U.S. CHECKPOINT (Woodstock, New Brunswick).

One major point here - even though I am from Georgia and Georgia IS NOT a visa exempt country, this was not even a question and everything went well.

Another major point: Some people waiting for LMOs are confused about the waiting times. I had just received the LMO based on this job offer in Calgary, Alberta. It took just 10 days (including a weekend) from the day my future employer submitted the LMO application. You must know that there are two LMO streams/programs: (a)for temporary workers that plan to apply for a Work Permit - it only takes 7 to 14 days to get an LMO in this case; and (b)LMOs for "pre-arranged employment" on the basis of which one may apply for immigration to Canada - this takes much, much longer. Right now, as of April 19th, they are working on the applications received on March 4th; thus, average processing time for this LMO is 45 days. It may be substantially longer if there is a mistake or correction that needs to be made to the LMO application.

Back to my flagpoling experience. Here is what happened:

>I went to the U.S. side. When asked for the purpose, I said directly that I was just fulfilling Canadian immigration requirements. They asked me to go inside the building. Since I did not have a U.S. entry visa, instead of stamping my passport with an entry stamp, they issued a white sheet of paper certifying that I was at the border but not admitted to the United States. I made sure to ask if this would impact my future travels to the United States. They assured me that this would not be a case as this procedure amounted to me withdrawing my request to enter the U.S.;
>Armed with this white sheet of paper, I came to the Canadian checkpoint and passed my passport with all the documents to the border agent. She asked me if I was there for immigration purposes and I said yes. She asked me some standard border checkpoint questions, returned all the documents to me and gave me an yellow slip too. I was asked to park the car and go into the lobby;
>After about 30 minute wait, another border agent/immigration officer called my name. He asked what I was requesting. After learning that I was there for a work permit, he collected my documents which included:
1. My passport, with unexpired multiple entry Canadian Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) along with my unexpired "Student Permit";
2. My appointment letter/job offer from my employer;
3. Labour Market Opinion (LMO);
4. Letters and transcripts certifying my degrees and doctoral level studies since these were part of qualifications required for the job;
>After briefly examining my documents, he asked me to pay $150 for the permit, which I did with my debit card;
>After collecting my payment and the above documents, he asked me to wait and went into the backroom to work on my file;
>After about 20-25 minutes, he emerged with my documents and a newly issued work permit in his hand; I took all the documents thanked him, we said goodbyes and that was it. :)

Hope this helps! Let me know if you need more info... Good luck and blessings!

TbilisiAnkara

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Back in 2010 Police Certificates issued in 10 days were free of charge at Kavtaradze Police Office and it cost about 10 GEL to have it translated with a notary. Not sure why would anyone want to have it legalized with 20 different stamps (unless it's required by new regulations that I am not aware of).

Up to date (April 2013) information is that you can acquire such a certificate in English language, already authenticated (legalized) by several agencies in Georgia (Police, Ministry of internal affairs, ministry of foreign affairs) within 24 hours. Such one stop, expedited service costs an equivalent of about $100USD. For lesser amount you can obtain this in about 10 days. Here is how to obtain a police certificate in Tbilisi, Georgia:

GeoCanadian

Star Member
Mar 28, 2012
Nanaimo, BC, Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa, Canada
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2012
Doc's Request.
08-04-2013
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
10-05-2013
Med's Done....
24-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 19, 2013
LANDED..........
December 6, 2013
TbilisiAnkara said:
Back in 2010 Police Certificates issued in 10 days were free of charge at Kavtaradze Police Office and it cost about 10 GEL to have it translated with a notary. Not sure why would anyone want to have it legalized with 20 different stamps (unless it's required by new regulations that I am not aware of).

Good point! I also used "free" police certificate with the notarized translation. For a foreigner in Georgia it may be easier to use this one stop shop version so that they don't have to go through separate rounds of translating and then notarizing the document. Also, this fee-based option gives you 24-hour turn around if one is really pressed in time. Otherwise, I believe CIC does not require authentication (legalization) of the Police certificates - at least, they did not turn mine down. :)

Thanks for posting TbilisiAnkara!

bongcan

Dec 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2010
Doc's Request.
04-11-2010
AOR Received.
23-05-2011
Med's Request
14-12-2012
Med's Done....
22-01-2013
Passport Req..
08-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-05-2013
LANDED..........
24-07-2013
GeoCanadian said:
ეს არის ქართველების ფორუმი სადაც კანადაში ჩამოსვლის მსურველებს ეხმარებიან "სტაჟიანი" კანადელები... :) :D :D

This is the topic for GEORGIANS TO HELP EACH OTHER TO SETTLE IN CANADA! WELCOME TO CANADA!
Wow, I never knew Georgian script is so similar looking to some of the Indic scripts.

Some of translation of the Georgian into Indic scripts like Telegu, Kannada will be like:

ఈ ప్రజలు "ఆధునిక" కెనడా లో కెనడా సందర్శించండి అనుకుంటున్నారా వారికి సహాయం ఇక్కడ ఒక వేదిక (Telegu)

ಈ ಜನರು "ಸುಧಾರಿತ" ಕೆನಡಿಯನ್ನರು ಕೆನಡಾದ ಭೇಟಿ ಯಾರು ಸಹಾಯ ಇಲ್ಲಿ ಒಂದು ವೇದಿಕೆ ಇದೆ (Kannada)

Can't believe my eyes !!!

GeoCanadian

Star Member
Mar 28, 2012
Nanaimo, BC, Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa, Canada
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2012
Doc's Request.
08-04-2013
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
10-05-2013
Med's Done....
24-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 19, 2013
LANDED..........
December 6, 2013
Hi there,

Yes, both scripts seem to share similar characteristics. They are all very curvy in appearance. Check out Thai fonts too. They give out the same vibe.

On another note - what program have you applied under? What stage are you at right now? Any connection with Georgia?

Cheers...

bongcan said:
Wow, I never knew Georgian script is so similar looking to some of the Indic scripts.

Some of translation of the Georgian into Indic scripts like Telegu, Kannada will be like:

ఈ ప్రజలు "ఆధునిక" కెనడా లో కెనడా సందర్శించండి అనుకుంటున్నారా వారికి సహాయం ఇక్కడ ఒక వేదిక (Telegu)

ಈ ಜನರು "ಸುಧಾರಿತ" ಕೆನಡಿಯನ್ನರು ಕೆನಡಾದ ಭೇಟಿ ಯಾರು ಸಹಾಯ ಇಲ್ಲಿ ಒಂದು ವೇದಿಕೆ ಇದೆ (Kannada)

Can't believe my eyes !!!

bongcan

Dec 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2010
Doc's Request.
04-11-2010
AOR Received.
23-05-2011
Med's Request
14-12-2012
Med's Done....
22-01-2013
Passport Req..
08-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-05-2013
LANDED..........
24-07-2013
Nopes, I am from India residing in NA. I applied what was a precursor to present day CEC program called FSW Category 3 under first set of ministerial instructions issued in 2009.

sof220

May 11, 2014
Hello all,

My girlfriend is from Tblisi Georgia, we are currently studying in Spain until June and after that I´d love to sponsor her to migrate to Canada as a either a student or by a work permit, I am a Canadian citizen and have been in Canada since 2000.

How strict are the visa regulations for Georgians? Can we apply at the Canadian Consulate in Spain or would it have to be from the Tblisi Consulate?

Madloba.

Mar 14, 2020
tbilisi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ankara
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
rogor chamovide canadashi ras mirchevt?26 wlis var samushaod minda chamosvla