+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL BANGLADESHI EXPRESS ENTRY APPLICANTS, LETS CONNECT HERE!

SRZ0210

Aug 21, 2016
If I want to apply for Express Entry, how valuable will be the Campbell Cohen firm be in the process ? Any reviews ?

Rainforest

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
shammi.polen said:
Re-posting

I am bit new and late in this forum. Am not even sure if you will reply back to my post. However, I would like to try.
I could not help but notice your NOC is 1111. By any chance you are or happened to know a qualified CA to migrate and settle in Canada? I need to know because currently we are waiting on an update on our FSW application under EE. We have received our AOR in this April and as well as the Schedule A form.
Now, my husband is a qualified CA and we are wondering what type of degree he can pursue from Canada to start a better career. He can do CPA. But that would perhaps take a long time since ICAB is not enlisted and thus he will not receive any waiver on exams. Now there is an online certified training they offer name "ACAF". Is it any good? Cause this course would cost us around 5 lac BDT.

Am sorry for my big post. I really hope to get something substantial suggestions out of it. If there is anyone reading this can help or know who can help please help us out here.

Kind Regards,
Polen
I'm not a CA but would try to answer your questions. Whether he should enroll to the CPA program depends on a number of things - his age, aspiration, priorities, etc. but surely CPA would be a much better option if he wants to pursue. Canadian CPA has a total 14 PREP courses + 4 PEP modules + 2 capstones + CFE (final exam). As a CA he will be exempted for probably 13 PREP courses (except for Business Law). Unfortunately he'll not be exempted for 4 PEP modules as the rules have been changed recently. Hence as an experienced accountants he need to sit for 1 PREP course + 4 PEP modules + 2 capstones + CFE (final exam). Other than CFE, he would probably be able to complete the rest of the modules online. On the other hand "ACAF" would not make any sense for him as the course includes 11 modules which are covered at CPA PREP courses (first 14 modules) for which he will be granted exemptions.

You can have a look at the following link:

http://www.cpaontario.ca/Admissions/InternationallyTrainedAccountants/MemberAcctgBodyOutsideCanada/1010page13560.aspx

SHSajib

Star Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2014
shammi.polen said:
Re-posting

I am bit new and late in this forum. Am not even sure if you will reply back to my post. However, I would like to try.
I could not help but notice your NOC is 1111. By any chance you are or happened to know a qualified CA to migrate and settle in Canada? I need to know because currently we are waiting on an update on our FSW application under EE. We have received our AOR in this April and as well as the Schedule A form.
Now, my husband is a qualified CA and we are wondering what type of degree he can pursue from Canada to start a better career. He can do CPA. But that would perhaps take a long time since ICAB is not enlisted and thus he will not receive any waiver on exams. Now there is an online certified training they offer name "ACAF". Is it any good? Cause this course would cost us around 5 lac BDT.

Am sorry for my big post. I really hope to get something substantial suggestions out of it. If there is anyone reading this can help or know who can help please help us out here.

Kind Regards,
Polen
Hi Polen

Congrats to both of you for being a member of ICAB.
Literally there is not much professional course to do here in Canada except CPA and some banking related course. CPA is the most reliable degree for finance personnel. ACAF is also offered by CPA Canada but it is very new in the market & it only focuses on the Canadian Accounting system and so doesn't have any global value. Even I didn't see any job advertisement that seeks ACAF from applicants. CPA is much expensive than ACAF. Its may be around $1700 per course and you may have to complete around 12-15 course at least.

And most importantly, I am not discouraging you in anyway but the fact is I have my colleagues who did CPA and is now finance manager of Scotiabank and I met somebody who are doing money transfer business after achieving their CPA Degree.

Best wishes
SHsajib

SHSajib

Star Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2014
Is there anyone who can advise me regarding some information on PNP.

Is there any restriction if someone get permanent residency through PNP and move to other province after landing?

Thanks to all in advance

f1ahmed

Nov 26, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-2015
AOR Received.
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
28-07-2015
Passport Req..
30-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2016
LANDED..........
18-02-2016
SHSajib said:
Is there anyone who can advise me regarding some information on PNP.

Is there any restriction if someone get permanent residency through PNP and move to other province after landing?

Thanks to all in advance
Hi, follow this below thread, you will get all required info regarding PNP. Its a great post written by a member name "Jolemath". all credit goes to him/her. hope it helps. thanks and best of luck.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/summary-of-eligibility-requirements-for-all-express-entry-pnp-streams-t432937.0.html

SHSajib

Star Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2014
f1ahmed said:
Hi, follow this below thread, you will get all required info regarding PNP. Its a great post written by a member name "Jolemath". all credit goes to him/her. hope it helps. thanks and best of luck.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/summary-of-eligibility-requirements-for-all-express-entry-pnp-streams-t432937.0.html
Thanks a lot f1ahmed

Monzur

Star Member
Sep 17, 2016
Dear friends, I am the principle applicant and I have CRS score 469 in my EE profile. My wife recently went to Canada for higher studies. While we are preparing for Express entry we took her fingerprint for FBI PCC (since both us stayed in USA more than 2 years). Unfortunately, her fingerprint was weak so FBI rejected her PCC request twice within last 8 months. However, when she applied for study permit she submitted name based STATE CLEARANCE and they accept it. Now, I am still not confident they will accept name based state clearance for immigration so I am going to try for FBI PCC again. This is why I am thinking applying from Canada might be good since we are already in Canada through some clearance but I am not sure.

Now given the situation which options from below I should choose and why:

Option 1: Wait until I get the ITA and apply for Canada immigration from Bangladesh while my wife will remain in Canada. Will it be a problem since she is already in Canada and I am in Bangladesh while applying? The drawback is it might take long (Singapore office vs Ottawa office) and if the PR get rejected I might not the get the chance to visit her in Canada. Moreover, do you think it might be safe to apply form Canada since my wife has some issues with her FBI clearance?

Option 2: Apply for TRV immediately then move to Canada. From Canada apply for immigration after getting ITA. Please note if I apply from Canada I have to apply for open work permit to work until I get PR. Now the drawback is what if I dont get OWP and unable to work for 6 months/until I get PR/not. How difficult will be getting an OWP?

Option 3: Apply for TRV immediately then move to Canada. From Canada apply for immigration after getting ITA. Then I will come back to Bangladesh. However, my wife will be still in Canada. Will it be a problem since I applied from Canada but will live in Bangladesh while the PR process will go on?

Thanks in advance!

shammi.polen

Jul 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
07/04/2016
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
14-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
16-11-2016
LANDED..........
11-03-2017
Rainforest said:
I'm not a CA but would try to answer your questions. Whether he should enroll to the CPA program depends on a number of things - his age, aspiration, priorities, etc. but surely CPA would be a much better option if he wants to pursue. Canadian CPA has a total 14 PREP courses + 4 PEP modules + 2 capstones + CFE (final exam). As a CA he will be exempted for probably 13 PREP courses (except for Business Law). Unfortunately he'll not be exempted for 4 PEP modules as the rules have been changed recently. Hence as an experienced accountants he need to sit for 1 PREP course + 4 PEP modules + 2 capstones + CFE (final exam). Other than CFE, he would probably be able to complete the rest of the modules online. On the other hand "ACAF" would not make any sense for him as the course includes 11 modules which are covered at CPA PREP courses (first 14 modules) for which he will be granted exemptions.

You can have a look at the following link:

http://www.cpaontario.ca/Admissions/InternationallyTrainedAccountants/MemberAcctgBodyOutsideCanada/1010page13560.aspx
Thank you so much for getting back! It helped. Would you provide him with some other possible courses/degrees that he can consider pursuing for his career in Accounting? Anything apart from CPA I mean. Which is less time consuming and demanding at the same time?

Again thank you very much.

Kind Regards,

shammi.polen

Jul 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
07/04/2016
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
14-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
16-11-2016
LANDED..........
11-03-2017
SHSajib said:
Hi Polen

Congrats to both of you for being a member of ICAB.
Literally there is not much professional course to do here in Canada except CPA and some banking related course. CPA is the most reliable degree for finance personnel. ACAF is also offered by CPA Canada but it is very new in the market & it only focuses on the Canadian Accounting system and so doesn't have any global value. Even I didn't see any job advertisement that seeks ACAF from applicants. CPA is much expensive than ACAF. Its may be around $1700 per course and you may have to complete around 12-15 course at least.

And most importantly, I am not discouraging you in anyway but the fact is I have my colleagues who did CPA and is now finance manager of Scotiabank and I met somebody who are doing money transfer business after achieving their CPA Degree.

Best wishes
SHsajib
Thank you so much Sajib for replying back. We are just wondering CPA would be time consuming to pursue even with a few exemption! Any other degree/courses you know about which can be a less time consuming and has demand in the job market at the same time? And your Colleague, is he also from Bangladesh? How long did it take for him to finish it?

Sorry for my tons of questions.

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards,

mushfek98

Sep 22, 2016
HI,

Anyone here graduated from North South University and has completed their ECA ?
I Need to get my ECA done and i completed my BBA from North South University.
If anyone could share the procedure (How to get it done from NSU) it would be really helpful.

shammi.polen

Jul 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
07/04/2016
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
14-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
16-11-2016
LANDED..........
11-03-2017
mushfek98 said:
HI,

Anyone here graduated from North South University and has completed their ECA ?
I Need to get my ECA done and i completed my BBA from North South University.
If anyone could share the procedure (How to get it done from NSU) it would be really helpful.
My husband is from NSU.
Create your profile in the WES website. After you pay (around 322 CAD) they will provide you with a form in a PDF with a reference number on it.
One portion of the form is to be filled by you. Type it or write it in ink.

Make photocopies of your certificate and transcript. If you are willing to send an original transcript then pay BDT 300 in the Bank and you can collect a copy from NSU admin. (Takes 2 working days)

Take the photocopy of your certificate and transcript (photocopy/original) and the form send by the WES.

NSU admin knows what to do. They will fill out the part in front of you or might just give you the info and you have to fill it up. They will attested your certificates and transcript. They will put the form and the papers together in an envelope and will seal it. And will give it to you.

Then you go and UPS it. Make sure to right your reference number on the envelope.

It is pretty easy. And I think on a average they do this once daily.

Should not be a problem. You have to go there only once, takes about 20 mins.

However, just to be sure, take your original ones with you, in case they want to see it.

Hope it helps.

mushfek98

Sep 22, 2016
shammi.polen said:
My husband is from NSU.
Create your profile in the WES website. After you pay (around 322 CAD) they will provide you with a form in a PDF with a reference number on it.
One portion of the form is to be filled by you. Type it or write it in ink.

Make photocopies of your certificate and transcript. If you are willing to send an original transcript then pay BDT 300 in the Bank and you can collect a copy from NSU admin. (Takes 2 working days)

Take the photocopy of your certificate and transcript (photocopy/original) and the form send by the WES.

NSU admin knows what to do. They will fill out the part in front of you or might just give you the info and you have to fill it up. They will attested your certificates and transcript. They will put the form and the papers together in an envelope and will seal it. And will give it to you.

Then you go and UPS it. Make sure to right your reference number on the envelope.

It is pretty easy. And I think on a average they do this once daily.

Should not be a problem. You have to go there only once, takes about 20 mins.

However, just to be sure, take your original ones with you, in case they want to see it.

Hope it helps.
Thanks a lot, really helped.

meu-daffy

Oct 8, 2016
Hello Everyone,

I'm new in this forum. Did anyone from the forum get Ontario PT or waiting for the PT?

I hear they take a lot of time (8 months to 1.5 years) to get in nomination after AOR- Is that true?

fahad04

Nov 22, 2014
Saskatchewan
Hello everyone,

Just for being acquainted to all, myself fahad from KHULNA. SINP nominated. eAPR submitted a week ago.

Hoping for the best.

Thanks.