Waived
Passport Req..
September 24th 2011; Submitted on October 11th 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made on November 14th 2011; PP received on December 4th 2011
LANDED..........
May 7th 2012
I applied on October 17
Wait! You applied to which office? Definitely not Scarborough I think. You are lucky! I have applied in july 2017 and still waiting for oath call. Scarborough doing July 2017 now.

leviathan_55

Nov 20, 2013
Vancouver
Hey Guys,

So I had my test this morning and there was about 80-90 people wrote the test and I think are are two sessions a day. So yeah lots of volume, atleast in Vancouver. The test was very easy. Here is my view of the test. I read the guide twice and did few online quiz and scored 70-80 online and today I scored 20/20. NO DATE related questions. Also without giving the question away 90% of the questions are common sense (Name the most famous hockey player in canada... etc) If you stayed here for 5-6 years and watched news and know bit about canada, You will pass no worry at all. No super tricky questions either.

On the interview side I wasnt asked anything beside Show ID (DL) and the officer didnt even asked for the passport. I had about 20+ travels over last 3-4 years mostly USA and South America, Bangladesh( Might get a notice asking for my passport copy but who knows. At the end officer told me that he approved my application and I should receive Oath in 3-5 months, which is below avg processing time. Below is my timeline. Please update necessary fields and if someone have any questions, let me know. I will do my best to answer. FYI... this forum is awesome, like people here i feel like know more than typical immigration officer and they all vary from city to city. So be patient and one day you'll get that oath letter, I was impatient lots of times as well (cant help it). Here is my timeline:

Type: Single
App Sent: Oct 16,2017
App Delivered: Oct 20, 2017
AOR: Nov 24,2017
IP: Dec 29, 2017 (ECAS)
FP Request: Jan 11, 2018 (ECAS, letter arrived few days after by mail)
FP Sent: Jan 16, 2018
Test Invite: Feb 14,2018 (Email)
Test Date: March 12,2018 (Passed 20/20, officer advised that application has been approved and oath will take 3-5 months).

I will keep you guys posted when i received the letter/email for oath.

Cheers!

mullermax387

Star Member
Jul 24, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2011
File Transfer...
In Process from 17 January 2013
Med's Request
20-12-2012
Med's Done....
05-01-2013, RPRF, PCC, Med received 03-02-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-04-2013
LANDED..........
25th July 2013
Hi,

After a long time I am writing here. I applied for citizenship for me and my family on October, 2017. it is in process since December, 2017. I was a bit worried thinking there might be any mistake. I called them and they said the application is ok and I am not scheduled for the test yet. Even though they confirmed I am a bit anxious about the lengthy process. Is it ok for now??

mullermax387

Star Member
Jul 24, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2011
File Transfer...
Med's Request
20-12-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-04-2013
LANDED..........
25th July 2013
Hi,

After a long time I have returned to this forum as this is the best place to share our issues and experiences. Currently I'm waiting for oath invitation. But, I lost the birth certificate of my daughter. When I tried to make a new one from Bangladesh I found the format is totally changed, which is different from the photocopy I provided earlier. In this case what should I do? Do I need to inform the police? Please let me know if you have any idea. I would really appreciate this favor.

Ahsan

nkshumon

Jan 2, 2012
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2009
Doc's Request.
26-01-2010
AOR Received.
03-05-2010
IELTS Request
sent with application.
File Transfer...
24-04-2010 / in process since 27 march 2012 /Decition made on 17/9/12
Med's Request
17-06-2012
Med's Done....
23-06-2012
Interview........
Weived
Passport Req..
12/08/2012
VISA ISSUED...
19/9/2012
LANDED..........
07-11-2012
Hi,

After a long time I have returned to this forum as this is the best place to share our issues and experiences. Currently I'm waiting for oath invitation. But, I lost the birth certificate of my daughter. When I tried to make a new one from Bangladesh I found the format is totally changed, which is different from the photocopy I provided earlier. In this case what should I do? Do I need to inform the police? Please let me know if you have any idea. I would really appreciate this favor.

Ahsan
Dear Ahsan bhai

Do not panic . If you can provide any original copy that would be fine , they will be verify . Rest of the major stuff like landing paper passport and other studd what they will mention bring in that day
. You will be fine In Sah Allah .

I also want say EID MUBARAK to you and rest of my friends here . Thanks

iceberge

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
INLAND OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA April 10
AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015
Hey Guys,

So I had my test this morning and there was about 80-90 people wrote the test and I think are are two sessions a day. So yeah lots of volume, atleast in Vancouver. The test was very easy. Here is my view of the test. I read the guide twice and did few online quiz and scored 70-80 online and today I scored 20/20. NO DATE related questions. Also without giving the question away 90% of the questions are common sense (Name the most famous hockey player in canada... etc) If you stayed here for 5-6 years and watched news and know bit about canada, You will pass no worry at all. No super tricky questions either.

On the interview side I wasnt asked anything beside Show ID (DL) and the officer didnt even asked for the passport. I had about 20+ travels over last 3-4 years mostly USA and South America, Bangladesh( Might get a notice asking for my passport copy but who knows. At the end officer told me that he approved my application and I should receive Oath in 3-5 months, which is below avg processing time. Below is my timeline. Please update necessary fields and if someone have any questions, let me know. I will do my best to answer. FYI... this forum is awesome, like people here i feel like know more than typical immigration officer and they all vary from city to city. So be patient and one day you'll get that oath letter, I was impatient lots of times as well (cant help it). Here is my timeline:

Type: Single
App Sent: Oct 16,2017
App Delivered: Oct 20, 2017
AOR: Nov 24,2017
IP: Dec 29, 2017 (ECAS)
FP Request: Jan 11, 2018 (ECAS, letter arrived few days after by mail)
FP Sent: Jan 16, 2018
Test Invite: Feb 14,2018 (Email)
Test Date: March 12,2018 (Passed 20/20, officer advised that application has been approved and oath will take 3-5 months).

I will keep you guys posted when i received the letter/email for oath.

Cheers!
Appreciate your effort to make feel better other members. Good luck for your waiting oath invitation.

mullermax387

Star Member
Jul 24, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2011
File Transfer...
Med's Request
20-12-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-04-2013
LANDED..........
25th July 2013
Dear Ahsan bhai

Do not panic . If you can provide any original copy that would be fine , they will be verify . Rest of the major stuff like landing paper passport and other studd what they will mention bring in that day
. You will be fine In Sah Allah .

I also want say EID MUBARAK to you and rest of my friends here . Thanks
Thanks Shumon Vai for the quick response. I have all other necessary main document, except the birth certificate of my daughter. A bit anxious for this.

aronnok

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
Hi,

Ahsan
In oath ceremony they will only check for PR card which you have to return and landing paper.
So don't worry about it.

MrIdaf

Sep 4, 2018
Brothers can you please tell me is it important to do this whole process through an agency as they charge a lot or i can do it all by myself without lawyer. Some say lawyer is absolutely necessary whereas others say it is not much important. Can i have your opinions and advice please. As i am new to this i have very little knowledge.
thanks in advance

iceberge

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
INLAND OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA April 10
AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015
Brothers can you please tell me is it important to do this whole process through an agency as they charge a lot or i can do it all by myself without lawyer. Some say lawyer is absolutely necessary whereas others say it is not much important. Can i have your opinions and advice please. As i am new to this i have very little knowledge.
thanks in advance
You don't need any agency to apply for grant citizenship application. chek this
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/november-2017-citizenship-applicants.523007/page-27#post-6519838or any other thread after October 2017. You can find all your answers.

Reactions: qorax

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
thanks in advance
You can do it yourself. No need to hire an agency for that. TBH I feel application is pretty straight forward.

Reactions: qorax

salimnw

Sep 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Category........
PNP
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
Ontario PNP
Med's Request
30th April 2014
Med's Done....
5th May 2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
3rd Feb 2015
VISA ISSUED...
13th Feb 2015
LANDED..........
Inland since 2011
thanks in advance
There is no need to hire an Immigration consultant or lawyer. You can read the instructions guide from CIC website and fill up the form accordingly. Get it verified through a friend or family who applied already and is a citizen now, just to be on the safe side and to rest assured that all is well. That's what I did, and got my documents verified through a friend.
I will be taking my Oath next month in Sep, inshaAllah.