+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

All Bangladeshi Citizenship Applicants

shkhan_1975

Sep 8, 2018
I am going to apply this September for citizenship. I will fulfill three years requirement. In documents checklist, I saw I need to submit a police clearance certificate from all place where I lived in last four years.
My question is, do I need police clearance from BD for the period before I came here in September 2015.

shkhan_1975

Sep 8, 2018
Hey Guys,

So I had my test this morning and there was about 80-90 people wrote the test and I think are are two sessions a day. So yeah lots of volume, atleast in Vancouver. The test was very easy. Here is my view of the test. I read the guide twice and did few online quiz and scored 70-80 online and today I scored 20/20. NO DATE related questions. Also without giving the question away 90% of the questions are common sense (Name the most famous hockey player in canada... etc) If you stayed here for 5-6 years and watched news and know bit about canada, You will pass no worry at all. No super tricky questions either.

On the interview side I wasnt asked anything beside Show ID (DL) and the officer didnt even asked for the passport. I had about 20+ travels over last 3-4 years mostly USA and South America, Bangladesh( Might get a notice asking for my passport copy but who knows. At the end officer told me that he approved my application and I should receive Oath in 3-5 months, which is below avg processing time. Below is my timeline. Please update necessary fields and if someone have any questions, let me know. I will do my best to answer. FYI... this forum is awesome, like people here i feel like know more than typical immigration officer and they all vary from city to city. So be patient and one day you'll get that oath letter, I was impatient lots of times as well (cant help it). Here is my timeline:

Type: Single
App Sent: Oct 16,2017
App Delivered: Oct 20, 2017
AOR: Nov 24,2017
IP: Dec 29, 2017 (ECAS)
FP Request: Jan 11, 2018 (ECAS, letter arrived few days after by mail)
FP Sent: Jan 16, 2018
Test Invite: Feb 14,2018 (Email)
Test Date: March 12,2018 (Passed 20/20, officer advised that application has been approved and oath will take 3-5 months).

I will keep you guys posted when i received the letter/email for oath.

Cheers!
Hi brother
One question about police clearance . I am going to apply in this month.
I need to submit a police clearance from that country where I stayed more then 6 months during last 4 years. I came here in Sept 15. And I did not go anywhere. But if you consider last four year then before 3 year I was in BD.
Do I need to submit police clearance for hat period?

netmani

Aug 14, 2018
I am going to apply this September for citizenship. I will fulfill three years requirement. In documents checklist, I saw I need to submit a police clearance certificate from all place where I lived in last four years.
My question is, do I need police clearance from BD for the period before I came here in September 2015.
Yes, read this

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/police-certificate-for-citizenship-application.412349/