Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
I was hoping to settle in a small city/town in Canada, away from Toronto. Leaving Dhaka and don't want to land in another crazy big city. I really miss a simple laid back life. But relatives are discouraging saying my child would be discriminated in schools and everywhere. Is it the case? I am ready to face some diversity and intolerance but is it that bad?
You're right to some extent, Toronto will remind you of Dhaka, especially the traffic and chaotic driving.

You can divide the livable cities in Ontario in 3 tiers (based on population & size):

Tier 1: Toronto (2,731k), Ottawa (932k), Mississauga (721k), Brampton (593k), Hamilton (537k)
Tier 2: London (384k), Markham (329k), Vaughan (306k), Kitchener (233k), Windsor (217k), Richmond Hill (195k), Oakville (194k), Burlington (183k)
Tier 3: Sudbury (161k), Oshawa (159k), Barrie (141k), St. Catharines (133k), Guelph (132k), Cambridge (130k), Whitby (128k), Kingston (124k), Ajax (120k), Milton (110k), Waterloo (105k), Chatham (101k), Brantford (97k), Bowmanville (92k), Pickering (92k), Niagara Falls (88k), Newmarket (84k), Peterborough (81k), Sault Ste. Marie (75k), Sarnia (72k)

Geographically, London, Chatham, Sarnia & Windsor are far west from Toronto, Sudbury & Sault Ste. Marie are located at North, Peterborough, Kingston & Ottawa are on East, St. Catharines & Niagara Falls are at South from Toronto while the rest are just surrounding cities of Greater Toronto Area (GTA).

I wouldn't consider any cities from Tier 1 or 2 being laid-back. However, Milton, Oakville, Burlington, Richmond Hill and Tri-cities (Kitchener-Waterloo-Cambridge) are good places to live especially because they are very close to Toronto but not as chaotic as that and offer diversity.

Outside GTA and Ottawa, London, Kingston and Windsor have large number of Muslim population. Any other city would be lot less diverse.

I've been living in Ontario for last 13 years out of which 6+ years in Sarnia (present), 4 years in Windsor (University life), 1.5 years in Toronto (work), 1 year in Kingston (work), 6 months in Kitchener-Waterloo (work). And I visited almost all places mentioned in my list. Personally, since I'm married now, have an almost 3-year old and my mom lives with me; I would like to settle in somewhere close to GTA where my family can experience some Bangladeshi food-culture, practise religion socially, entertain from sub-continental festivity and at the same time avoid major city havoc. Sarnia, where I live now, doesn't offer any of these except laid-back environment.

Re: discrimination at school for your kid, mine still doesn't go to school. But I never heard of such racism. In few places, where you could be the only visible minority, children can naturally become curious. But they don't become racist unless that is practised at their home. So, you don't have to worry about it.

Reactions: nadirakazi

prince_nsu

Star Member
Sep 25, 2014
Hi All
hope everyone is in good health.
is there any whatsapp or viber group for canadian immigrants??
pls let me know. Thanks in advance

mahmud18

Feb 9, 2018
I am now working in united commercial bank ltd( bangladesh ).I am confused about to choose my Noc for doing canada immigration.I am working in cash department and Head teller also.can I choose Noc-1114 other finance officer or 1212 for supervisor finance.I need help.which one I ll choose,if any brother or sister already applied and they also working in cash department or outside cash department.pls suggest me ,which one I ll choose for express entry profile

amit111283

Jul 6, 2015
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-May-2014
AOR Received.
12-Sep-2014
File Transfer...
15-Oct-2014
Med's Request
16-Nov-2016
Med's Done....
19-Nov-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
9-Dec-2016
VISA ISSUED...
9-Jan-2017
LANDED..........
28-04-2017
I am now working in united commercial bank ltd( bangladesh ).I am confused about to choose my Noc for doing canada immigration.I am working in cash department and Head teller also.can I choose Noc-1114 other finance officer or 1212 for supervisor finance.I need help.which one I ll choose,if any brother or sister already applied and they also working in cash department or outside cash department.pls suggest me ,which one I ll choose for express entry profile

Cash management is considered here as 'Customer service'. So you could try the NOC involving customer service or related areas. If you apply in that category, make sure u include some training/workshop attendance certificate(s) relevant to Customer service excellence. Many companies now offer some short term training on that topic. So u should find one easily.

masud446

Feb 16, 2018
Hi all
Need an experts openion urgently.
What is the minimum amout of cad i need to endorse in passport to enter canada as new immigrant?
N.B. I got copr as spouse. M not the main applicant. My spouse has already landed in toronto with 10k cad.

Tahmid Hassan

Feb 17, 2018
Dhaka
Hello everybody
I need an expert opinion please regarding the following issue.
To show proof of fund can I use Bangladesh Govt. Sanchayptra (securities)? If yes, then what are the documents I will need for Sanchayptra.

Thanks

mahmud18

Feb 9, 2018
Is it compulsory to provide them to training certificate if I choose customer service representative . My work relzted to cash and general banking noc relates to cutomer service representative .

masud446

Feb 16, 2018
Hi friends
Pls help with this information or else let me know where can i find it. My flight is on 28th feb.
Hi all
What is the minimum amout of cad i need to endorse in passport to enter canada as new immigrant?
N.B. I got copr as spouse. M not the main applicant. My spouse has already landed in toronto with 10k cad.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Hi all
Funds
The border services officer may also ask for proof of funds.

You must present a statement of your bank account issued no more than one week before your departure for Canada. It must clearly show that you have enough money to support yourself for the first three months of your stay in Canada (the equivalent of CAN$2,500).

If you arrive in Canada with the equivalent of CAN$10,000 or more, you must tell the border services officer. If you do not, you could be fined or put in prison. These funds could be in the form of:
  • cash,
  • securities in bearer form (for example, stocks, bonds, debentures, treasury bills), or
  • bankers’ drafts, cheques, travellers’ cheques or money orders
Ref: Prepare for arrival – International Experience Canada

masud446

Feb 16, 2018
Funds

You must present a statement of your bank account issued no more than one week before your departure for Canada. It must clearly show that you have enough money to support yourself for the first three months of your stay in Canada (the equivalent of CAN$2,500).

If you arrive in Canada with the equivalent of CAN$10,000 or more, you must tell the border services officer. If you do not, you could be fined or put in prison. These funds could be in the form of:
  • cash,
  • securities in bearer form (for example, stocks, bonds, debentures, treasury bills), or
Dear Rossie
Thanks for your quick & discriptive response. I have another question. Pls answer this one pls.

M a businessman. I intend to return dhaka after getting my pr & health card. So r8 now i cant close my business in bd. So can i land with 2000 cad & a bank statement of 10k cad with me?

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Dear Rossie
Thanks for your quick & discriptive response. I have another question. Pls answer this one pls.

M a businessman. I intend to return dhaka after getting my pr & health card. So r8 now i cant close my business in bd. So can i land with 2000 cad & a bank statement of 10k cad with me?
I may not the right person to answer your question here as I did not really immigrate directly from BD. Anyways, it's safer to carry over $2,500.

BTW, when you say bank statement, is it a Canadian one? If you have your return ticket with you and can show your wife already brought $10K; you may be alright. But don't count on my words only.

masud446

Feb 16, 2018
I may not the right person to answer your question here as I did not really immigrate directly from BD. Anyways, it's safer to carry over $2,500.

BTW, when you say bank statement, is it a Canadian one? If you have your return ticket with you and can show your wife already brought $10K; you may be alright. But don't count on my words only.
Can u pls tell me where can i find the authentic information?

mmustafa

Aug 25, 2017
Hello Experts,

I would like to know that, if I want to update or withdraw my EE profile in order to change my NOC, is it okay?

Thank you in advance

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Can u pls tell me where can i find the authentic information?
Well I've already shared the link in my earlier reply to you:

Funds

• cash,