mok_kab

Star Member
Aug 2, 2013
Visa Office......
Singapore
AOR Received.
13-05-2017
Dear friends,

I have received my visa (valid till first week of Feb. 2018) and COPR. I am planning to land in the first week of Jan. 2018.

I need your kind advice on my landing options. I am willing to land and settle either in Toronto or Ottawa. I actually don't have any close relative at any part of Canada. So all provinces are same to me. However, I am considering factors like living expenses, job opportunities, weather, diversity and access to higher education (PhD) in making my decision about landing.

I know Toronto is a bigger, diverse and more vibrant city. Bigger cities offer more job opportunities but the level of competition is also high. Toronto also has a larger corporate landscape, which adds to the diverse job opportunities of the city. The cultural and entertainment options are also abundant compared to Ottawa. Also Toronto has a larger Asian migrant community, which makes you feel at home. Toronto also has a warmer weather compared to Ottawa. However, Toronto is more expensive and hyper. It's a bit like London, where I stayed for my Postgraduate study for sometimes.

Ottawa, on the other hand, is less expensive and has a lower unemployment rate. It's less hyper and less competitive to some extent (correct me if I am wrong). However, many people say being bilingual gives you an edge in getting a job in Ottawa. It's also a bit colder than Toronto and many people say it's a boring city.

I will be grateful if friends in the forum help me make a wiser decision.

Should it be Toronto or Ottawa?

I am not super rich by the way! I work in the higher education sector.
Difficult choice! But if you do not have any close relative in either of the cities, I would vote for Ottawa. But again, listen to your heart.
And many congratulations for receiving the visa.

Reactions: KASK

mok_kab

Star Member
Aug 2, 2013
Visa Office......
Singapore
AOR Received.
13-05-2017
Dear Friends,

Could anyone help me in my issues of applying to Canada as a PR? As I wanted to go to Canada as an immigrant (PR). My brother is already there for more than 7 years. So, me and my wife thought to apply as a PR. I am the first applicant and my IELTS score is 7.0 (R-6.5, L-7.5, W-7, S-6.5) and work experience of 7 years as a Lecturer. My wife is a doctor and her IELTS score is 7.5 (R-8, L-7.5, W-7, S-6.5) and only 2 years of working experience. So, we found one reliable agency as a media to apply. They opened GCKey and Job bank account for us. My status is given below:

Federal Skilled Worker Met
Provincial Nominee Program Not Met
Canadian Experience Class Not Met
Federal Skilled Trades Not Met
Overall Score 390

I need to know, what I can do right now? Because, by far I have not received any update and our agency is only requesting me to sit for IELTS again.
If you can increase your ielts score the oveall CRS score will increase. The lowest CRS score for this years draw so far was 413, so you need to make it beyond that. The CRS draws are usually take place bi-weekly (sometimes weekly too), you can check it to see the trend (just google it). Once you meet the CRS for that week you receive an ITA (invitation to apply).

Reactions: KASK

mok_kab

Star Member
Aug 2, 2013
Visa Office......
Singapore
AOR Received.
13-05-2017
Difficult choice! But if you do not have any close relative in either of the cities, I would vote for Ottawa. But again, listen to your heart.
And many congratulations for receiving the visa.
@KASK , One other thing. Isn't your port of entry/destination mentioned in your COPR as per the choice you made during submission of EE application?

TypsyGypsy

Star Member
Apr 6, 2017
Someone online reached out to me, after seeing some conversations on Facebook about Canada Immigration. Can someone please tell me what requirements are needed or the steps for a Bangladesh Citizen that would like to come to Canada? As far as I know, he's 24/25, only provider for his family, has 4 years experience with 5 star hotel management, housekeeping. No Canadian ties that I know of. Needs to take IELTS (English), I believe test, but can speak English. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

shoevancar

Aug 1, 2016
I have done my ECA, POF and IELTS. I have finished collection my Reference letters from all employer except the current one.
But the problem is my CRS score is well under 400 which is now 370.

As my chance to enter express entry directly is very low, I have started trying through PNP. Recently, I have attended an information session arranged by NB at Cairo, Egypt on October 27th, 2017.

Is there anyone in this group who has completed the whole process starting from information session? Would you please guide me what to do next?

ekarus

Apr 21, 2012
Toronto ON Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
Doc's Request.
Along with application
AOR Received.
April 2011
IELTS Request
Along with application
File Transfer...
May 2011. 'IN PROCESS' from 10 March'14
Med's Request
29 April 2014
Med's Done....
04 May 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29 April 2014...submitted on 18 May 2014
VISA ISSUED...
12 June 2014...passport received 23rd July 2014
LANDED..........
17 September 2014
Hi all,

How's everything going. It's been a long time I'm away from this forum. A lot has changed by this time. As I moved to Canada 3 years back and a lot has changed regarding application process, I can't help on that. But if you are preparing to land in Canada soon and if you need any help regarding Canada life, give me a shout. Will try to help as much as I can.

Cheerio

neelita07

Star Member
Mar 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June '14
Nomination.....
October '14
AOR Received.
December '14
hello everyone, hope all of you are doing great.
Has anyone of you travelled from Dhaka to Toronto recently with Turkish Airlines? Do they provide any hotel for the long 10.5 hours transit at Istanbul?

yfhossain

Dec 9, 2017
I think your agency is not doing anything. I believe getting a better score that what you scored is not easy as you already have a good score. Who is your agency?

Dear Friends,

Could anyone help me in my issues of applying to Canada as a PR? As I wanted to go to Canada as an immigrant (PR). My brother is already there for more than 7 years. So, me and my wife thought to apply as a PR. I am the first applicant and my IELTS score is 7.0 (R-6.5, L-7.5, W-7, S-6.5) and work experience of 7 years as a Lecturer. My wife is a doctor and her IELTS score is 7.5 (R-8, L-7.5, W-7, S-6.5) and only 2 years of working experience. So, we found one reliable agency as a media to apply. They opened GCKey and Job bank account for us. My status is given below:

Federal Skilled Worker Met
Provincial Nominee Program Not Met
Canadian Experience Class Not Met
Federal Skilled Trades Not Met
Overall Score 390

I need to know, what I can do right now? Because, by far I have not received any update and our agency is only requesting me to sit for IELTS again.

jchoudhury

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Hello, my application moved to IP2 last friday, December 8, 2017. Can anyone tell me, when do I expect to receive RPRF request? Usually after how many days they usually trigger RPRF request to the applicant who have not paid upfront?

Reactions: mok_kab

Abu Shams

Star Member
Jul 1, 2017
Hello, my application moved to IP2 last friday, December 8, 2017. Can anyone tell me, when do I expect to receive RPRF request? Usually after how many days they usually trigger RPRF request to the applicant who have not paid upfront?
your timeline please....................

jchoudhury

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
I got the RPRF request. I already paid and uploaded the receipt in CIC account online. But in RPRF request letter, it is mentioned that, we need to send the payment receipt in an envelope to their postal address. Now, for express entry is it required to send the hard copy?

Abu Shams

Star Member
Jul 1, 2017
I got the RPRF request. I already paid and uploaded the receipt in CIC account online. But in RPRF request letter, it is mentioned that, we need to send the payment receipt in an envelope to their postal address. Now, for express entry is it required to send the hard copy?
Did u get RPRF request from Singapore Visa Office? Is anything like that mentioned in ur letter? my ITA date is same as urs...but AoR is on 3rd Oct.....NA2 since 23rd Oct................added my newborn daughter on 20th Nov......................waiting for RPRF..................btw whats ur NOC?

jchoudhury

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Did u get RPRF request from Singapore Visa Office? Is anything like that mentioned in ur letter? my ITA date is same as urs...but AoR is on 3rd Oct.....NA2 since 23rd Oct................added my newborn daughter on 20th Nov......................waiting for RPRF..................btw whats ur NOC?
I got RPRF request from Singapore. You will get it soon within Jan 2018. Hopefully

Reactions: Abu Shams