20-11-2015
Passport Req..
26-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2016
Hello Everyone!

I am totally new here. Me and my wife are planning to apply for express entry.
My wife is going to be the principal applicant as she has higher IELTS Score than me ( IELTS Score (8.0).
Her ECA is already done.

I am going to apply as a Spouse. Now my agent is asking me to complete my ECA for my BBA, HSC and SSC.
I have already done all the formalities from my University Examination Controller for BBA..
HSC/SSC part is yet to be done.

My Question is, is it mandatory to complete ECA for HSC/SSC, when I have a BBA Degree?

If ECA for HSC/SSC is a must, then pls guide me with the procedure for it as I Have no clue about Dhaka Education Board.

Eagerly waiting for your kind feedback :)
ECA is required for highest level of education only. In your case, BBA. You dont have to do ECA for SSC/HSC.

Thanks
Debashish

Reactions: mok_kab

Safir Khan

Star Member
Jan 6, 2015
Dear Experts,

I and my wife will be flying to Toronto in 2018. We haven't decided the month yet. So far we can assume, it might be in April. However, we have few queries and if you can convey your expert opinions on my below queries then we would be grateful.

1. What are the forms/documents need to be carried to pass the immigration in Bangladesh and Canada? Please give the links of latest forms along with the answer

2. What are the preparatory works/checklist we should do/go through before flying? Any suggestions are welcome.

3. How can we carry the jewellery?

4. There is possibility of carrying more than 10000 CAD so where and when do we have to mention about it?

5. Is there anyone flying in April'2018?

Thanks in advance for your valuable time.

Regards,
Safir

Reactions: Rajiv Dhar

Aqib2909

Star Member
Jul 2, 2017
Dear expert, seeking your kind suggestion please. I applied for MPNP and received nomination on 30 June 2016, applied to CIC on 26 Oct 2016 and received AOR on 06 January 2017. Since then, I had no update. But recently I saw the bellow info in my account. I applied through lawyer of canada and my application is paper base. Presently I am in Dhaka. My postal address is given as lawyer address

"We sent you correspondence on October 6, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required."
But still my lawyer or me did not receive any correspondance. My friend said, this is medical request. Is it? They sent it on 06 Oct, today 06 Nov. What should I do now? Thanks.
i got the same in my ECAS. at the same time i got medical request in my gckey. also got email for medical request and after medical. it shows i hv passed medical. in ecas it shows they have received medical.

kindly check your GCKER immediately. if you receive it on 6th oct, and if they send medical request on the same day, it will expire after 30 days.

on the other hand, they will also ask rprf fee for payment at the same time.

jchoudhury

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
You are OK so far as per the trend goes. Looks like your medicals and criminality have been passed at CIO and the rest will be done from SGVO (they have this thing called workload distribution). Same happened in my case. All the best.
Thanks. That means, CIO did not see any docs or verify anything yet that I provided with application. All will be done by SGVO for instance. As criminality is already passed, that means, they are OK with my police certificates and everything.

nafser33

Nov 7, 2017
Hello Brothers,
I am a Bangladeshi citizen interested in applying for Express entry. I have recently used the specific link from http://www.cic.gc.ca website for checking my eligibility from Canada Immigration. The result says i am eligible for applying in Express Entry.
I further proceeded and created my profile in using GCKey. But after submitting my profile successfully, the authority says that i am not eligible for Express Entry as I do not meet minimum requirements criteria.

I have manually calculated my points for my eligibility for FSW program and my score is 73 whereas the eligibility score is 67. So In my opinion, I am eligible for express entry and seek for Province Nomination to get ITA.

What should i do now to make myself eligible at this point? Requesting for your experienced suggestions.

thanks in advance.

Manob75

Apr 2, 2016
Bangladesh
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
Nomination.....
29-06-2016
AOR Received.
06-01-2017
File Transfer...
17-01-2017
Med's Request
13-02-2019
Med's Done....
03-03-2019
i got the same in my ECAS. at the same time i got medical request in my gckey. also got email for medical request and after medical. it shows i hv passed medical. in ecas it shows they have received medical.

kindly check your GCKER immediately. if you receive it on 6th oct, and if they send medical request on the same day, it will expire after 30 days.

on the other hand, they will also ask rprf fee for payment at the same time.
Thanks brother for your kind answer. As I said, I applied through lawyer and it is paper based, I have nothing on my hand to check. My lawyer said he has writen a note to CIC and suggested me to wait for his next instruction. My paper application is not linked with online. Can you kind explain what is ECAS and gckey. How did you receive your medical request? Thanks brother.

Rajiv Dhar

Apr 9, 2017
Bangladesh
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
25-12-2016
Nomination.....
05-05-2017
AOR Received.
07-08-2017
File Transfer...
25-08-2017
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
PNP- processing time is now 17 month. :(

emceemouli

Aug 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Experts,

I and my wife will be flying to Toronto in 2018. We haven't decided the month yet. So far we can assume, it might be in April. However, we have few queries and if you can convey your expert opinions on my below queries then we would be grateful.

1. What are the forms/documents need to be carried to pass the immigration in Bangladesh and Canada? Please give the links of latest forms along with the answer

2. What are the preparatory works/checklist we should do/go through before flying? Any suggestions are welcome.

3. How can we carry the jewellery?

4. There is possibility of carrying more than 10000 CAD so where and when do we have to mention about it?

5. Is there anyone flying in April'2018?

Thanks in advance for your valuable time.

Regards,
Safir

You can check this site - https://sites.google.com/site/newcanadianimmigrants/ for lots of information that might be helpful

SaimonBlue

Star Member
May 13, 2009
Dear All,

I am planning to study in Master program in Canadian University. I like to apply student visa and also would intend to bring my spouse and son with me and apply visa together.

We have sufficient fund show as financial proof for student visa and my family during stay in Canada covering tuition fee, air fare, accommodation expenses and others. Additionally, we have fixed assets in both of our name which can be show as evidence for country ties.

Do we have possibility of getting visa together?

Your valuable and detailed suggestions will be deeply appreciated.

Thanks.

KASK

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore and Etobicoke
LANDED..........
31-12-2017
Hello Everyone!

My wife is going to be the principal applicant as she has higher IELTS Score than me ( IELTS Score (8.0).
Her ECA is already done.

I am going to apply as a Spouse. Now my agent is asking me to complete my ECA for my BBA, HSC and SSC.
I have already done all the formalities from my University Examination Controller for BBA..

My Question is, is it mandatory to complete ECA for HSC/SSC, when I have a BBA Degree?

If ECA for HSC/SSC is a must, then pls guide me with the procedure for it as I Have no clue about Dhaka Education Board.

Eagerly waiting for your kind feedback :)[/QUOTE
ECA is not needed for SSC/HSC.

KASK

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore and Etobicoke
LANDED..........
31-12-2017
Hello Everyone!

Her ECA is already done.

Eagerly waiting for your kind feedback :)

ECA is not needed for SSC/HSC.

Reactions: mok_kab

KASK

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore and Etobicoke
LANDED..........
31-12-2017
Dear friends,

I have received my visa (valid till first week of Feb. 2018) and COPR. I am planning to land in the first week of Jan. 2018.

I need your kind advice on my landing options. I am willing to land and settle either in Toronto or Ottawa. I actually don't have any close relative at any part of Canada. So all provinces are same to me. However, I am considering factors like living expenses, job opportunities, weather, diversity and access to higher education (PhD) in making my decision about landing.

I know Toronto is a bigger, diverse and more vibrant city. Bigger cities offer more job opportunities but the level of competition is also high. Toronto also has a larger corporate landscape, which adds to the diverse job opportunities of the city. The cultural and entertainment options are also abundant compared to Ottawa. Also Toronto has a larger Asian migrant community, which makes you feel at home. Toronto also has a warmer weather compared to Ottawa. However, Toronto is more expensive and hyper. It's a bit like London, where I stayed for my Postgraduate study for sometimes.

Ottawa, on the other hand, is less expensive and has a lower unemployment rate. It's less hyper and less competitive to some extent (correct me if I am wrong). However, many people say being bilingual gives you an edge in getting a job in Ottawa. It's also a bit colder than Toronto and many people say it's a boring city.

I will be grateful if friends in the forum help me make a wiser decision.

Should it be Toronto or Ottawa?

I am not super rich by the way! I work in the higher education sector.

Mary01

Aug 16, 2017
Bangladesh
NOC Code......
Hi I am a law graduate. I dont have any practising Law license in my home country(Bangladesh). But I work in a law chamber as an associates for 2 years. Can I apply for Canadian express entry ?

NB. I also have a Barrister-at-law degree (non licensed/non practitioner) from UK.

mazharul9

Oct 21, 2017
Dear Friends,

Could anyone help me in my issues of applying to Canada as a PR? As I wanted to go to Canada as an immigrant (PR). My brother is already there for more than 7 years. So, me and my wife thought to apply as a PR. I am the first applicant and my IELTS score is 7.0 (R-6.5, L-7.5, W-7, S-6.5) and work experience of 7 years as a Lecturer. My wife is a doctor and her IELTS score is 7.5 (R-8, L-7.5, W-7, S-6.5) and only 2 years of working experience. So, we found one reliable agency as a media to apply. They opened GCKey and Job bank account for us. My status is given below:

Federal Skilled Worker Met
Provincial Nominee Program Not Met
Canadian Experience Class Not Met
Federal Skilled Trades Not Met
Overall Score 390

I need to know, what I can do right now? Because, by far I have not received any update and our agency is only requesting me to sit for IELTS again.