App. Filed.......
18 Dec 2014
Med's Request
05 Oct 2016
VISA ISSUED...
30 Jan 2017
LANDED..........
Will Land in Mid of Aug 2017
This is something i shared on the forum a year ago, when i landed here. Hopefully this will help you:

LANDING: DAY 1

We landed in Toronto (YYZ) terminal 1. The whole process at Toronto airport took almost 90mins (from aircraft door to airport exit gate). The word 'Welcome to Canada' was heard more than 15 times in between Smiley

1st step: Passport Control counters, there was a short queue in the visitors queue (BTW, we should go to visitors queue not residents queue, because at this point, we are not residents yet), it took around 10 mins max. Officer asked for the purpose of our visit (which is immigration), took our passports, stamped on the immigration visa and customs declaration, asked how much fund we are carrying (we declared over 10K CAD), then asked to go to new immigrants office just on the right side of passport control counters.

2nd Step: New Immigrants Counters: The officer took our passports, COPR, asked few questions (like do we have any other dependents, how much fund we are bringing for settlement [he didn't ask to show it], etc). And asked for our Canadian address (I recommend that you print the address in a paper and give it to them instead of dictating it). Then asked us to sit in the lobby until he finishes his work). This took around 20mins.

Note: The COPR had one photo attached and stamped from visa office and another photo clipped, I added another recent photo to the clipped one, the officer asked which photo is more recent, so I showed it to him, he returned all the other photos. So, it is acceptable that you clip a new photo other than the COPR photo....

3rd Step: Newcomers Welcome counter; They gave us some brochures and papers titled Welcome to Canada, health insurance forms, and some child tax return docs and some other papers.

4th Step: SIN numbers (ServiceCanada Counter, Terminal 1 at YYZ): We landed during working hours. Around 3:30pm on Friday. Officer asked questions like fathers name, mothers name, correct spelling, etc.. Then printed SIN numbers on A4 paper. There are no longer SIN cards. This process took around 15mins.
Note: If you land outside working hours, SIN counters at the airport will be closed, you will get your SIN number from any ServiceCanada office. It takes 5-10mins max.

5th Step: Baggage Carousal: Our bags were already in the carousal, we just collected them.

6th Step: Customs, as we entered the customs queue, the officer noted that we filled YES in 'Are you carrying funds over 10K CAD' so immediately she directed us to customs office next door, we entered there, the officer took the good to follow list (I prepared B4+B4A+Picture of all gold that we will bring later). The officer was really happy to see our organized preparation, stamped all the 3 pages (B4+B4A+Gold pic) and asked me to wait a bit. He entered the total value in his system and gave me an official printed form for tax-free import. This process took another 15mins.

This was the last step in the airport. Then we headed out of the terminal where my friend was waiting for me.

Next Day, we opened a bank account in TD Trust Canada (booked an appointment earlier by online chat with TD Bank). The brunch was in the next building of our apartment and open until 8pm. So we opened 2 separate accounts (for myself and my wife), got debit card instantly. Applied for credit card, usually it takes 7-10 days delivered to your mailing address.

MY RECOMMENDATIONS

I recommend that you prepare the following ahead of time, they will be very happy if you do your homework, as it will make their life much easier. Many officers were very happy and said 'You guys are very organized and prepared everything.. Thank you'.

1) Canadian address printed in a small paper
2) Print form B4 and B4A. Write the total value in the last row. ONLY FOR THE GOODS TO FOLLOW.
3) If you are bringing gold or other jewelry later, print a colored picture of that. ONLY THE GOLD YOU WILL BRING LATER.

For the accompanying goods and gold, the officer said we don't need it. But if you want to make a list, make sure that you make a separate list and don't combine it with good to follow list.

Please let me know if you have any question. I will be glad to help.

Thanks a lot
Debashish

Oct 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
18 Dec 2014
Med's Request
05 Oct 2016
VISA ISSUED...
30 Jan 2017
LANDED..........
Will Land in Mid of Aug 2017
Dear Debashish Da,

Thank you so much for your reply. I have already landed and the whole process was pretty smooth. All done but the Service Canada Office was close due to weekend. But later I acquired the SIN from nearest office. I am still to open a bank account. Could you please suggest me what bank should I take as a new immigrant as I have no idea.

Also I need to go to Service ON for Health Card and Driving License purposes. Please suggest me if there is anything I need to know regarding this. Also please let me know for Flu Shot; where should I go and if there is any free service for this available.

Again thank you so much for your reply.

With Warm Regards,

Zakir

Reactions: tahminaml

Raj Ryan

May 28, 2017
Dear all, I received Procedural Fairness Request from OINP asking to provide Intent to reside in Ontario and indication of ties to Ontario, though I submitted those earlier. OINP asked to provide documentation on the status of the Quebec Application which my spouse submitted last year. My spouse has agreed to withdraw the application from Quebec if OINP nominates. I have few friends in Ontario. Does it require to mention their names and details in the revised indication of ties to Ontario? Please advise what to do? What documents I need to submit to OINP in this regard.

Looking forward to your opinion.

deba_044

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
Nomination.....
PER 09-09-2014
AOR Received.
15-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
05-09-2014, PF on 09-09-2015
Med's Request
18-11-2015
Med's Done....
20-11-2015
Passport Req..
26-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2016
Dear Debashish Da,

Thank you so much for your reply. I have already landed and the whole process was pretty smooth. All done but the Service Canada Office was close

With Warm Regards,

Zakir
Dear Zakir Vai

if you share your cell no, i can give you a call & discuss these. or, you can give me a call also. I will PM my cell no to you. By the way, where are you staying now?? Toronto??

Thanks
Debashish

jchoudhury

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
OINP PNP Nomination:

AOR: 27th Aug
MEDS Passed: 26th Sept
ADR: We do not need additional documents.
BGC - NA since beginning

I did not get IP1 text. Now my question is, do you think that they already checked my PCC and work documents and found everything OK so far?

tahminaml

Oct 19, 2015
Dhaka
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2017
AOR Received.
28-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront 11.02.17
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-03-2017
Passport Req..
10-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
19-09-2017
LANDED..........
03-03-2018
Dear Zakir Vai

if you share your cell no, i can give you a call & discuss these. or, you can give me a call also. I will PM my cell no to you. By the way, where are you staying now?? Toronto??

Thanks
Debashish
Hello brother since u r already in Toronto, want to ask u few silly questions.
1. I got my pr now planning to go to Toronto in March since ppl say there is no job opening during winter. Is it alryt?
2. Shall we buy a laptop here in bd or canada...Which one will be cost effective?
3. What and how many initial clothings to buy from bd?
4. How to transfer fund from bd?
5. Which bank and insurance will be better?
Regards
Tahmina

deba_044

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
Nomination.....
PER 09-09-2014
AOR Received.
15-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
05-09-2014, PF on 09-09-2015
Med's Request
18-11-2015
Med's Done....
20-11-2015
Passport Req..
26-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2016
Hello brother since u r already in Toronto, want to ask u few silly questions.
1. I got my pr now planning to go to Toronto in March since ppl say there is no job opening during winter. Is it alryt?
2. Shall we buy a laptop here in bd or canada...Which one will be cost effective?
3. What and how many initial clothings to buy from bd?
4. How to transfer fund from bd?
5. Which bank and insurance will be better?
Regards
Tahmina
Please check your answers below:

1. Well, its easy to get survival job (if you mean that) in winter. Because, during summer colleges and universities remain closed and students are on summer vacation. So, there is a huge no of applicants during summer. But, it all depends where you are staying. And, if you mean professional jo0b, then there is no summer or winter, you have to apply and wait and hope that some of them give you a call.
2. you can buy laptops from Bangladesh. Its not a big deal.
3. Dont buy any heavy winter cloths or shoes from Bangladesh. Not a single one of them will work. You can bring your existing winter cloths. But, dont buy anything from Bongobazar or somewhere elese. These cloths will not work if its snowing.
4. No way to transfer fund. You have to carry by yourself.
5. All banks are good. TD, Scotia Bank, RBC. You can check the new to canada offer and find out which one is most attractive and then you can select. I selected TD when i came in. And, i dont know what insurance you are speaking about. Because, you dont need any insurance unless you are buying a car. There is rental insurance required in some cities but the amount is really low, like 15 - 20 CAD per month and most of the insurance companies offer the same. And, if you are speaking about temporary medical insurance, then i have no idea. Because, i didn't take any. Unless there is a really sick person in your family, i think you will not need that.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Debashish

tahminaml

Oct 19, 2015
Dhaka
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2017
AOR Received.
28-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront 11.02.17
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-03-2017
Passport Req..
10-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
19-09-2017
LANDED..........
03-03-2018
Please check your answers below:

1. Well, its easy to get survival job (if you mean that) in winter. Because, during summer colleges and universities remain closed and students are on summer vacation. So, there is a huge no of applicants during summer. But, it all depends where you are staying. And, if you mean professional jo0b, then there is no summer or winter, you have to apply and wait and hope that some of them give you a call.
2. you can buy laptops from Bangladesh. Its not a big deal.
3. Dont buy any heavy winter cloths or shoes from Bangladesh. Not a single one of them will work. You can bring your existing winter cloths. But, dont buy anything from Bongobazar or somewhere elese. These cloths will not work if its snowing.
4. No way to transfer fund. You have to carry by yourself.
5. All banks are good. TD, Scotia Bank, RBC. You can check the new to canada offer and find out which one is most attractive and then you can select. I selected TD when i came in. And, i dont know what insurance you are speaking about. Because, you dont need any insurance unless you are buying a car. There is rental insurance required in some cities but the amount is really low, like 15 - 20 CAD per month and most of the insurance companies offer the same. And, if you are speaking about temporary medical insurance, then i have no idea. Because, i didn't take any. Unless there is a really sick person in your family, i think you will not need that.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Debashish
Thanks a lot Bro.. Really helpful

sm2133

Star Member
May 18, 2017
Hi seniors,
I want to raise CSE to CIC as I am not getting PPR yet after MR was completed more than three months ago. Could you please advice me how to send and which document should attached in the upload option? or have any method to know of my file.Appreciate your help.
Have you received any reply yet after raising CSE?

mcgyver

Apr 13, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-05-2014
Nomination.....
11-06-2014
AOR Received.
11-08-2014
File Transfer...
23-06-2014
Med's Request
16-04-2015
Med's Done....
29-04-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-06-2015 Decision Made: 30-06-2015 PP Submitted...: 1-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-07-2015 PP Returned....: 11-08-2015
LANDED..........
01-10-2015

jchoudhury

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Hello, is there anyone faced such problem? I am PNP applicant with Express Entry. Submitted eAPR on 27 Aug 2017. AOR on the same date. Meds Passed on 26 Sep 2017. But my background check is always N/A since my AOR. It never changed

KASK

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore and Etobicoke
LANDED..........
31-12-2017
Hello, is there anyone faced such problem? I am PNP applicant with Express Entry. Submitted eAPR on 27 Aug 2017. AOR on the same date. Meds Passed on 26 Sep 2017. But my background check is always N/A since my AOR. It never changed
Nothing to worry. It appears your file is now at a local visa office waiting for a final review. My BG was N.A. since 25 May. It has turned to IP2 today. You may also order gcms notes to see the status of your file.

jchoudhury

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Nothing to worry. It appears your file is now at a local visa office waiting for a final review. My BG was N.A. since 25 May. It has turned to IP2 today. You may also order gcms notes to see the status of your file.
Before we get to NA2 or IP2, aren't we supposed to get IP1. But I didn't get any. My BG status is NA since AOR. That's where my worries start. I just want to know whether all my files are OK or not