Interview........
wish to get waived
Passport Req..
Yet to get
VISA ISSUED...
Dreaming
LANDED..........
Dreaming
Alhamdulillah got our PP back with visa and COPR today. A big thank you to all the wounderful members of this forum who have guided, supported and encouraged me all the times. May Allah fulfill your dreams who are still waiting.

Good Star

Star Member
May 17, 2016
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
Med's Done....
Done
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
In Sha Allah Soon
Alhamdulillah got our PP back with visa and COPR today. A big thank you to all the wounderful members of this forum who have guided, supported and encouraged me all the times. May Allah fulfill your dreams who are still waiting.
Hugeeeeeeeee congrats bhai.

Pls check ur Mycic account and see the new updates

SBA79

Star Member
Sep 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
Doc's Request.
No
Nomination.....
25-08-2014
AOR Received.
24-09-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
Done
Med's Request
Yet to get
Med's Done....
Not yet
Interview........
wish to get waived
Passport Req..
Yet to get
VISA ISSUED...
Dreaming
LANDED..........
Dreaming
Reactions: Good Star

SBA79

Star Member
Sep 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
Doc's Request.
No
Nomination.....
25-08-2014
AOR Received.
24-09-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
Done
Med's Request
Yet to get
Med's Done....
Not yet
Interview........
wish to get waived
Passport Req..
Yet to get
VISA ISSUED...
Dreaming
LANDED..........
Dreaming
Oct 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
18 Dec 2014
Med's Request
05 Oct 2016
VISA ISSUED...
30 Jan 2017
LANDED..........
Will Land in Mid of Aug 2017
Hello Dear Members,

1. Please anyone share the information that I want to take Cad $9000.00 in Cash from BD during my first ever trip to ON Canada. I know that I won't have any problem in Pearson International Airport in Toronto after landing with this amount of Canadian Cash. But will there be any Problem in Dhaka Airport during departure?

2. Another thing is has anybody bought any mobile set of any brand from Bangladesh within BDT 10,000.00 range which is working ok in Canada?

I will be ever grateful if anyone be kind enough to respond.

Last edited:

SBA79

Star Member
Sep 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
Doc's Request.
No
Nomination.....
25-08-2014
AOR Received.
24-09-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
Done
Med's Request
Yet to get
Med's Done....
Not yet
Interview........
wish to get waived
Passport Req..
Yet to get
VISA ISSUED...
Dreaming
LANDED..........
Dreaming
Reactions: Good Star

Good Star

Star Member
May 17, 2016
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
Med's Done....
Done
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
In Sha Allah Soon
Hello Dear Members,

1. Please anyone share the information that I want to take Cad $9000.00 in Cash from BD during my first ever trip to ON Canada. I know that I won't have any problem in Pearson International Airport in Toronto after landing with this amount of Canadian Cash. But will there be any Problem in Dhaka Airport during departure?

2. Another thing is has anybody bought any mobile set of any brand from Bangladesh within BDT 10,000.00 range which is working ok in Canada?

I will be ever grateful if anyone be kind enough to respond.

(a) If u declare in BD airport about excess CAD$ over authorised limit, they must create problem for speed money. Just no need to declare at BD airport and get safe passing. They will not check ur body. (USD. 2000 equivalent CAD$ is authorized to carry per passport, excess is not allowed)

(b) Yes any mobile works at Canada based on mobile manufacturing company. Oogy boogy company set does not work there.

RSRS

Star Member
Aug 23, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
EOI: 20th Dec15 LAA: 13th Jan16 Appl submitted: 6th Mar 2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
14th Dec'16
AOR Received.
CIC Stage: Appl package received 29Dec16 AOR on 20th Feb 17
File Transfer...
03Mar17
Med's Request
31stJan18
Med's Done....
03rdFeb18
(a) If u declare in BD airport about excess CAD$ over authorised limit, they must create problem for speed money. Just no need to declare at BD airport and get safe passing. They will not check ur body. (USD. 2000 equivalent CAD$ is authorized to carry per passport, excess is not allowed)

(b) Yes any mobile works at Canada based on mobile manufacturing company. Oogy boogy company set does not work there.
Is it the latest allowable limit of foreign currency to be taken from Bangladesh per person per trip? please double check.

RSRS

Star Member
Aug 23, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
14th Dec'16
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
03Mar17
Med's Request
31stJan18
Med's Done....
03rdFeb18

In the following link, you may find the related circular from Bangladesh Bank.
https://www.bb.org.bd/mediaroom/circulars/fepd/feb112015fepd02e.pdf

As per the circular:

Foreign exchange in the form of cash USD notes not exceeding 5000 (five thousand) may be issued in
favor of outgoing Bangladesh nationals against their respective entitlements such as private travel quota/business
travel quota/travel for treatment abroad/study abroad etc. or any other general or special permission per person per
trip; the reminder amount of entitlement or the entire entitlement may be released in the form of cash note of
other freely convertible foreign currencies
. To mention, the entitlements may be utilized also through international
cards (credit/debit/pre-paid as applicable) as mentioned in the different para of chapter 19 of the above mentioned
Guidelines.

So, my understanding is that if you don't use any amount from your annual entitlement amount of USD 7000, you may take cash USD 5000 and rest USD2000 eqv. CAD or you can take the entire USD7000 eqv. in the form of CAD.

Oct 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
18 Dec 2014
Med's Request
05 Oct 2016
VISA ISSUED...
30 Jan 2017
LANDED..........
Will Land in Mid of Aug 2017

Thank you all for the reply and very informative discussion. Many students go to Canada under Study permit carrying Max Cad $ 10,000.00 and never intercepted by the Immigration in Dhaka and many PR holders who already in Canada have taken Cad $ more than 10 Thousand first time they traveled to Canada.

About the mobile, if I any model of Samsung max price not exceeding BDT 10,000.00, will it work in Canada (bought from Bangladesh)? Please shade some light on it. In google it is written that -

"All networks in Canada cuurently support one or more of GSM / AWS / UMTS / HSDPA / LTE . North American GSM uses 850/1900 MHz , UMTS/HSDPA 850/1900Mhz, LTE 1700/2600, AWS 1700/2100 frequencies. Makre sure your own phone is compatible with these frequencies"

Source : https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1RUCY_enBD745BD745&q=mobile+network+frequency+in+canada&oq=mobile+network+frequency+in+canada&gs_l=psy-ab.3...25245.27762.0.28316.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..0.0.0.XXw_Y7BSHAU

hhasan

Jun 3, 2012
Thank you all for the reply and very informative discussion. Many students go to Canada under Study permit carrying Max Cad $ 10,000.00 and never intercepted by the Immigration in Dhaka and many PR holders who already in Canada have taken Cad $ more than 10 Thousand first time they traveled to Canada.

About the mobile, if I any model of Samsung max price not exceeding BDT 10,000.00, will it work in Canada (bought from Bangladesh)? Please shade some light on it. In google it is written that -

"All networks in Canada cuurently support one or more of GSM / AWS / UMTS / HSDPA / LTE . North American GSM uses 850/1900 MHz , UMTS/HSDPA 850/1900Mhz, LTE 1700/2600, AWS 1700/2100 frequencies. Makre sure your own phone is compatible with these frequencies"

Source : https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1RUCY_enBD745BD745&q=mobile+network+frequency+in+canada&oq=mobile+network+frequency+in+canada&gs_l=psy-ab.3...25245.27762.0.28316.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..0.0.0.XXw_Y7BSHAU
Hello dear all,
Its been a while I am not active in the forum, as had been busy these days.
for your information I am here in Toronto for last 3 and half years. Will try to be in the forum on a regular basis from now on.

For your information:
a) I think 9000 cad should not be of any issue in the airport. A family of 04 can easily carry 28,000 by law (if the yearly quota is not done).
just be bold and proceed, you know and they also know, you are not trying to do anything out of the box with 9000, so relax.

b) Any phone from Dhaka is fine except 1/2 carriers (Wind and mobilicity as far as I recall) the rest are just fine. I used my 4S just till last year untill I dropped it into water. All samsung, Huawaii, Motorola, Blackberry, I phone, Nokia etc are just fine. Its a good idea to bring mobile sets as they are expensive here with plans. Go for sim only plans and I strongly recommend Chater with 25 Cad + tax. It is sim only with no long term contract.Its the best. I am still using this service for last 3.5 years, all my friends are using this service too.

To all others if any of you need any sort of help or info mail me. Will try to shed some lights on accommodations, schooling, jobs and further studies in the open forum.

Cheers and best of luck to you all.

Last edited:
Reactions: erfancuet

Manob75

Apr 2, 2016
Bangladesh
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
Nomination.....
29-06-2016
AOR Received.
06-01-2017
File Transfer...
17-01-2017
Med's Request
13-02-2019
Med's Done....
03-03-2019
Dear all, I am new in this group and this is my first post. I am highly benefited for the advise of the honourable group members. I uploaded my EOI for MPNP on Sep 2015, received my MPNP nomination on July 2016, applied to CIC on Oct 2016 and received AOR informing that my application is on process from 06 Jan 2017. Can anyone please tell me what is the next procedure and when I may get the medical call. Thanks in advance.

Aqib2909

Star Member
Jul 2, 2017
Dear all, I am new in this group and this is my first post. I am highly benefited for the advise of the honourable group members. I uploaded my EOI for MPNP on Sep 2015, received my MPNP nomination on July 2016, applied to CIC on Oct 2016 and received AOR informing that my application is on process from 06 Jan 2017. Can anyone please tell me what is the next procedure and when I may get the medical call. Thanks in advance.
Hello Manob75,

Your time line almost similar like my time line. lets talk off line. inbox me your cell number. i can call you if you want.
My UCI no 1st week of February, 2017 and i am also waiting for medical. I am also from MPNP-B. Singapore visa office.
Have your file transferred to Singapore?
The next process is tjey will call you for medical and at the same time they will run background check. i found that once the medical issued and passed, it doesn't take more than 3 months to complete the full process in Singapore VO.
Please inbox me your number.

Reactions: Manob75

RSRS

Star Member
Aug 23, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
14th Dec'16
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
03Mar17
Med's Request
31stJan18
Med's Done....
03rdFeb18
Hello Manob75,

Your time line almost similar like my time line. lets talk off line. inbox me your cell number. i can call you if you want.
My UCI no 1st week of February, 2017 and i am also waiting for medical. I am also from MPNP-B. Singapore visa office.
Have your file transferred to Singapore?
The next process is tjey will call you for medical and at the same time they will run background check. i found that once the medical issued and passed, it doesn't take more than 3 months to complete the full process in Singapore VO.
Please inbox me your number.
AOR in February and FT in 1st week of March here. Additional Doc. requested in May & submitted in June and now waiting for MR.

Have anyone recently got MR from SGVO?