+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL BANGLADESHI APPLICANTS FORUM

Mr. Rana

Apr 4, 2017
Hello. I want to applly to Canada. I got basic idea on this forum that I need to do ECA and IELTS. I have started IELTS. And My CRS point is 479.

No one thing that I am very much confused that whats the difference between FSW and Express Entry? Are these two same? If not whats the difference?

Thank you.

aktermh

Star Member
Feb 23, 2015
ঢাকা, বাংলাদেশ
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
০৯-০৫-২০১৪
Doc's Request.
send with application
AOR Received.
১৯-০৮-২০১৪
IELTS Request
send with application
File Transfer...
২২-০৯-২০১৪
Med's Request
১৫-১১-২০১৬
Med's Done....
১৬-১১-২০১৬
Passport Req..
০২-জুন-২০১৭
VISA ISSUED...
০৮-জুন-২০১৭
LANDED..........
২৮-জুলাই-২০১৭
Mr. Rana said:
Hello. I want to applly to Canada. I got basic idea on this forum that I need to do ECA and IELTS. I have started IELTS. And My CRS point is 479.

No one thing that I am very much confused that whats the difference between FSW and Express Entry? Are these two same? If not whats the difference?

Thank you.
আসসালামু আলাইকুম,
ডিসেম্বর ৩১, ২০১৪ ছিল FSW এর শেষ দিন। যারা, এই সময়ের মধ্যে অ্যাপ্লাই করে ছিল তারা FSW এর গর্বিত (???) সদস্য ছিল।

জানুয়ারী ১, ২০১৫ থেকে যারা অ্যাপ্লাই করে তারা Express Entry

ekarus

Apr 21, 2012
Toronto ON Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
Doc's Request.
Along with application
AOR Received.
April 2011
IELTS Request
Along with application
File Transfer...
May 2011. 'IN PROCESS' from 10 March'14
Med's Request
29 April 2014
Med's Done....
04 May 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29 April 2014...submitted on 18 May 2014
VISA ISSUED...
12 June 2014...passport received 23rd July 2014
LANDED..........
17 September 2014
Fastener said:
how to buy air ticket from IOM. Wheres the link?

I googled and IOM's official website has no link for buying air ticket.

Plz tell me how to.

Thank you.
http://www.iom.org.bd/contact-us/

call them. They will tell you the rest.

arifurrahman

Star Member
Feb 5, 2015
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-12-2016
Nomination.....
21-11-2016
AOR Received.
30-12-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-12-2016. Passed on 13-01-2017
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
06-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2017
LANDED..........
01-07-2017 (In Sha Allah)
Fastener said:
how to buy air ticket from IOM. Wheres the link?

I googled and IOM's official website has no link for buying air ticket.

Plz tell me how to.

Thank you.
Please follow the instructions in the email message below:

Greetings from the International Organization for Migration (IOM) Dhaka.

Thank you for your email and your interest about IOM’s facilitated migration services for migrants. We have the following offers which you can avail of:
Concessional fare
Generous baggage allowance
Flexible re-booking options
Pre-departure orientation
Departure Assistance*
Transit Assistance*
Arrival assistance *
Cultural Orientation upon request of larger groups*

We would require the followings from you in order to process your request, if you have not provided already:

Please kindly forward us the color scanned copy/es of you & your family member’s passport/s along with the VISA page/s (page 1-5 for old passport and the only page with information for new passport)
What is your destination? (Country and City)
When do you prefer to fly? (Date)

Please also kindly answer the following queries in your email:

a) Is it first time for you/your family to abroad?
b) Your contact details? (phone, email & address)
c) How do you learn about IOM’s services?

We appreciate your patience and your cooperation. We will respond to you along with the details on bookings/reservations after we receive your particulars.

We look forward to hearing from you and thank you for choosing IOM.
Sincerely,

IOM Dhaka
Operations and Movement Department

Fastener

Star Member
Sep 30, 2015
When I will move to Canada as PR, my friend will send me 5000+ USD to my new Canadian account using legal channel like Western union. I think this is remittance for Canada. Is this remittance tax deductible? How much? Any link?

Thank you.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Fastener said:
When I will move to Canada as PR, my friend will send me 5000+ USD to my new Canadian account using legal channel like Western union. I think this is remittance for Canada. Is this remittance tax deductible? How much? Any link?

Thank you.
There is no "gift tax" in Canada unless it's some source of income or there is profit/gain from the transfer. Besides, there is a limit on the amount you can send/receive through any service. Any amount exceeding the limit will raise a flag to CRA.

Fastener

Star Member
Sep 30, 2015
Rossei said:
There is no "gift tax" in Canada unless it's some source of income or there is profit/gain from the transfer. Besides, there is a limit on the amount you can send/receive through any service. Any amount exceeding the limit will raise a flag to CRA.
Yeah thanks. I should contact CRA. I went to CRA website but I got no email of them. One needs to register account to sent querry.

M_Bd

Star Member
Oct 5, 2014
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2014
Doc's Request.
21-04-2016
Nomination.....
09-01-2015
AOR Received.
13-02-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
21-04-2016
Med's Done....
24-04-2016
Interview........
Waived, Alhumdulillah
Passport Req..
03-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-05-2016
LANDED..........
16-09-2016
neelita07 said:
thanks a lot bhaia.
Correction : TD gives $1000 credit limit & CIBC $1500 credit limit Credit Cards for newcomers. Thanks

nshahriar

Apr 13, 2017
[Sorry to write a off-topic post]

Hi,
Anyone coming from Dhaka to Toronto via Hong Kong on Cathay Pacific in 16 April? My mother-in-law is coming on this flight for some urgent reasons, and it is her first trip to Canada. Please let me know if you/anyone you know is coming on the same flight so that I can connect them before finalizing the flight. It would be a great help for her and I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Nashid

rainbow00

Nov 2, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
M_Bd said:
Correction : TD gives $1000 credit limit & CIBC $1500 credit limit Credit Cards for newcomers. Thanks
How about RBC limit? Is it a good bank for new comers? I checked on their website where it also mentions about the mortgage facilities for new comers. We plan to buy our first home soon after we get into jobs. I read that after 3 months on job, we can be eligible for house financing. How long does it actually takes to build a good credit history? Any suggestions on choosing an appropriate bank keeping in mind future plans? Thanks a lot.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
rainbow00 said:
How about RBC limit? Is it a good bank for new comers? I checked on their website where it also mentions about the mortgage facilities for new comers. We plan to buy our first home soon after we get into jobs. I read that after 3 months on job, we can be eligible for house financing. How long does it actually takes to build a good credit history? Any suggestions on choosing an appropriate bank keeping in mind future plans? Thanks a lot.
Although RBC and BMO don't have a cap, it's safe to say that most major banks here will offer $1000-$1500 unsecured credit limit to newcomers. If you choose 'secured', then you will get the limit as high as what you deposit into GIC (like FDR in BD). Suppose you're bringing $20,000 as a new immigrant and want to use some of it ($5,000) as savings. You can deposit this $5,000 into GIC for 3 years which will have 2-3% interest. You can also have $5,000 credit limit against that GIC you made. It's a common banking scheme in Canada.

It can take up to 18 months to build a good credit history. House financing largely depends on your income and credit score. Once you're done with the probationary period at a job (normally 3 months), you can become eligible for house mortgage.

You may be interested in reading few of my posts: 1) Banking Tips 2) First time home buying advice. The links are shared in my collection thread: http://goo.gl/5OqCvL

ekarus

Apr 21, 2012
Toronto ON Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
Doc's Request.
Along with application
AOR Received.
April 2011
IELTS Request
Along with application
File Transfer...
May 2011. 'IN PROCESS' from 10 March'14
Med's Request
29 April 2014
Med's Done....
04 May 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29 April 2014...submitted on 18 May 2014
VISA ISSUED...
12 June 2014...passport received 23rd July 2014
LANDED..........
17 September 2014
rainbow00 said:
RBC is one of the leading banks in Canada. When I opened my account my credit limit was $1000 and my account was free of charge for a year as a new comer. Their mortgage thing is also good.

The untold thing about mortgage for buying house is how much you are earning in a year. They need to see your pay stabs, employment letter, credit report bla bla before they give you money.

It all depends how you are using your credit cards to build your credit. You might get good credit within 3 months but that might not be satisfactory by mortgage people.

nivrit

Star Member
Apr 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2010
AOR Received.
19-01-2011 from SGVO
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
16 Nov 2012 rcvd: 3 December 2012
Med's Done....
4 December 2012/ 22 February 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14 May 2013
LANDED..........
20-08-2013
Hi all:

I would like to know about your opinion as I got help for several times from this forum.

My sister applied for my mom's visitor visa and my mom's application was rejected. My sister did not keep any record of application form and family composition form. I was wondering is there any way to retrieve my mom's application?

My sister put my grandparents date of birth and they died before my birth. Those date of births are only important to keep the same record in previous and current application forms. Please share your thoughts if you have any!!

rainbow00

Nov 2, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rossei said:
Although RBC and BMO don't have a cap, it's safe to say that most major banks here will offer $1000-$1500 unsecured credit limit to newcomers. If you choose 'secured', then you will get the limit as high as what you deposit into GIC (like FDR in BD). Suppose you're bringing $20,000 as a new immigrant and want to use some of it ($5,000) as savings. You can deposit this $5,000 into GIC for 3 years which will have 2-3% interest. You can also have $5,000 credit limit against that GIC you made. It's a common banking scheme in Canada.

It can take up to 18 months to build a good credit history. House financing largely depends on your income and credit score. Once you're done with the probationary period at a job (normally 3 months), you can become eligible for house mortgage.

You may be interested in reading few of my posts: 1) Banking Tips 2) First time home buying advice. The links are shared in my collection thread: http://goo.gl/5OqCvL
Thanks a lot for the information. I checked your post, explained very nicely. Thanks again.