N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
ekarus said:
If you want to enroll yourself in any colleges you don't need IELTS. If you have any certificate saying your medium of instruction was English that would be good enough but if not then you might need to go for CLB or ESL test [CLB is nothing and ESL is easier then IELTS]. You might need to take optional English course [it depends]. You can take certification in any program. Digital marketing is also good.
Well, some programs (high-demand) do require IELTS score unless you lived in Canada as a PR for minimum 4 years. But I also agree that you can try to come up with an agreement with the college that other alternatives will suffice that requirement.

For example, my wife is an MBBS doctor from BD. She had CLB/ESL done before she applied to do nursing (BScN) here at Lambton College. She yet had to take IELTS. Her medical friend who is in Windsor didn't have to IELTS because her grade schooling were all in English and she took 1-year pre-nursing course which covers English as well.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
RA_Slayer said:
Dear Seniors

Need your advise on following issues:

Scenario 1 : If I don't have Driving License in Bangladesh, what procedures do I Have to follow to get one from Toronto.

Scenario 2 : If I have driving license which is issued very recently, will the procedures be same or do i get any benefit having Bangladeshi Driving License.

As far as I know, I would not get any benefit if my license is not 2 years old.

Please place your comments.

Thanks
Everything explained here: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/ontario-driving-license-t477696.0.html

bdranger

Jan 28, 2015
Dear Seniors,

I am filling up the forms of Super Visa for my parents. Have some queries, your kind help required.

1. Is there any income supporting required from the parents?
2. Which insurance company is the best?
3. Which mode of application is preferable, online or paper based?
4. Expected timeline of visa processing.

Angelbd

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
Hi,I got ITA.how much I have to pay now with.my application (applicant+spouse+2kids under 22) and can I make the payment other than online payment like DD from a bank.

fahad04

Nov 22, 2014
Saskatchewan
Rossei said:
There are Big Five in Canada: RBC, TD, ScotiaBank, BMO & CIBC. There are also some other international banks/subsidiaries. Let me give you some stats about the Big 5:

Capital/revenue: RBC > TD > ScotiaBank > BMO > CIBC
Assets: TD > RBC > ScotiaBank > BMO > CIBC
Branches (all over Canada): RBC > TD > ScotiaBank > CIBC > BMO

But in Toronto, you will see TD Bank branches everywhere. Hence, most new immigrants have an account there. You will get a chip-enabled debit card right when you open a checking account with any bank. TD allows $500 credit card for newcomers.

I made a post on comparing these big 5 banks a while ago: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/tax-in-ontario-t75587.0.html;msg1310040#msg1310040
Dear Rossei,

All of your posts are very much informative & helpful as well. Could you please shed some light on the advantages & disadvantages of having a 100% online bank account (i.e. PC financials, Tangerine, EQ Bank) over the conventional banking accounts?

Thanks again.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
fahad04 said:
Dear Rossei,

All of your posts are very much informative & helpful as well. Could you please shed some light on the advantages & disadvantages of having a 100% online bank account (i.e. PC financials, Tangerine, EQ Bank) over the conventional banking accounts?

Thanks again.
Not the best person to answer this as I haven't tasted both yet. I've been with conventional banks forever here, never tried PC Financial (owned by Loblaw) or Tangerine (owned by ScotiaBank). However, this is what I think:

Biggest Advantage:
Savings and rebate on both checking and saving accounts that major banks offer the least. Some even offer cashback on spending. $0 fees on opening new accounts and more like these instant refunds.

Biggest Disadvantage:
Since you don't meet a banker, you really don't build up a personal/customer relationship over time which may benefit you in future on big spending or borrowing (loans, mortgage etc.). The brick-and-mortar banks are also useful when you do some complex banking (bank drafts for CIC/Visa, large amount transfer overseas etc.), require physical security (bank locker) or need face-to-face investment/saving consultation.

However, I hear that Tangerine has already built up a good reputation. There is nothing wrong with 100& online banking. But once you find a job and settle in, you may want to have both to avail all benefits.

fahad04

Nov 22, 2014
Saskatchewan
Rossei said:
Not the best person to answer this as I haven't tasted both yet. I've been with conventional banks forever here, never tried PC Financial (owned by Loblaw) or Tangerine (owned by ScotiaBank). However, this is what I think:

Biggest Advantage:
Savings and rebate on both checking and saving accounts that major banks offer the least. Some even offer cashback on spending. $0 fees on opening new accounts and more like these instant refunds.

Biggest Disadvantage:
Since you don't meet a banker, you really don't build up a personal/customer relationship over time which may benefit you in future on big spending or borrowing (loans, mortgage etc.). The brick-and-mortar banks are also useful when you do some complex banking (bank drafts for CIC/Visa, large amount transfer overseas etc.), require physical security (bank locker) or need face-to-face investment/saving consultation.

However, I hear that Tangerine has already built up a good reputation. There is nothing wrong with 100& online banking. But once you find a job and settle in, you may want to have both to avail all benefits.
+1 for you.

bdranger

Jan 28, 2015
bdranger said:
Dear Seniors,

I am filling up the forms of Super Visa for my parents. Have some queries, your kind help required.

1. Is there any income supporting required from the parents?
2. Which insurance company is the best?
3. Which mode of application is preferable, online or paper based?
4. Expected timeline of visa processing.

tahminaml

Oct 19, 2015
Dhaka
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2017
AOR Received.
28-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront 11.02.17
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-03-2017
Passport Req..
10-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
19-09-2017
LANDED..........
03-03-2018
All bangladeshi FSW OUTLAND(EE) March 2017 AOR RECIPIENT ARE REQUESTED TO JOIN THIS WATSAPP GROUP. SO THAT WE CAN ALL TRACK OUR APPLICATION https://chat.whatsapp.com/HjePCMdf0J5Ch9MpE0euef

Safir Khan

Star Member
Jan 6, 2015
Dear experts,
Congratulations to all who got the visa and who are about to get the visa soon. I wasn't regular in the forum more than a year as I have got nothing to share. Now I am looking for some feedback regarding our situation. I and my wife(primary applicant) applied in 2014 under FSW program. Last week they did site verification where my wife used to work in 2014. She changed her job twice and we informed them accordingly. Just to inform you that we applied via visa centre but we confirmed them that we are not dealing with the agency anymore. So far they got positive answers from the office as the chairman wasn't present that time so they said they will contact him again. So could you plz give me some feedback on this situation??
Thanks
Safir Khan

Fastener

Star Member
Sep 30, 2015
how to buy air ticket from IOM. Wheres the link?

I googled and IOM's official website has no link for buying air ticket.

Plz tell me how to.

Thank you.

fahad04

Nov 22, 2014
Saskatchewan
Fastener said:
how to buy air ticket from IOM. Wheres the link?

I googled and IOM's official website has no link for buying air ticket.

Plz tell me how to.

Thank you.
Browse back around 80-90 posts of this thread & you will get IOM correspondence mobile number with e-mail address.

Thanks

SBA79

Star Member
Sep 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
Doc's Request.
No
Nomination.....
25-08-2014
AOR Received.
24-09-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
Done
Med's Request
Yet to get
Med's Done....
Not yet
Interview........
wish to get waived
Passport Req..
Yet to get
VISA ISSUED...
Dreaming
LANDED..........
Dreaming
ekarus said:
Mr. Rossei said that all. If you ask me, my choices will be 1. RBC, 2. CIBC, 3. TD
Ekarus vai,

Sent a PM. requesting you to check and revert back if possible.

Thanks.

shoevancar

Aug 1, 2016
Hi,

I am a very new person in this process who is thinking about applying for express entry. I hope there are already some posts (step by step) for the beginners. Would anyone please tag a similar post here. It will be a great help.

Many thanks in advance for your kind help.

neelita07

Star Member
Mar 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June '14
Nomination.....
October '14
AOR Received.
December '14
Rossei said:
There are Big Five in Canada: RBC, TD, ScotiaBank, BMO & CIBC. There are also some other international banks/subsidiaries. Let me give you some stats about the Big 5:

Capital/revenue: RBC > TD > ScotiaBank > BMO > CIBC
Assets: TD > RBC > ScotiaBank > BMO > CIBC
Branches (all over Canada): RBC > TD > ScotiaBank > CIBC > BMO

But in Toronto, you will see TD Bank branches everywhere. Hence, most new immigrants have an account there. You will get a chip-enabled debit card right when you open a checking account with any bank. TD allows $500 credit card for newcomers.

I made a post on comparing these big 5 banks a while ago: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/tax-in-ontario-t75587.0.html;msg1310040#msg1310040
thanks a lot bhaia.