+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL BANGLADESHI APPLICANTS FORUM

rainbow00

Nov 2, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is it possible to open a bank account in Canada before arriving and transfer our funds into that account? As we want to avoid carrying too much cash, what other options do you guys suggest? Experts please advice, thanks in advance.

ZakiaDristy

Star Member
Oct 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
all sent together
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Issued on 22.12.16. 15.1.17 (collected from vfs)
LANDED..........
2017 April Insha Allah
ekarus said:
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/bsf186-eng.pdf
Thanks a ton!

arifurrahman

Star Member
Feb 5, 2015
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-12-2016
Nomination.....
21-11-2016
AOR Received.
30-12-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-12-2016. Passed on 13-01-2017
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
06-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2017
LANDED..........
01-07-2017 (In Sha Allah)
Alhamdulillah, got my passport back with VISA and COPR yesterday on 02-April-2017. Timelines are in my signature.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
amit111283 said:
Dear Ekarus/Rossie bhai,
I was checking the phone-plan options in Canada. My existing handset set is pretty old and I want to buy a phone (preferable 'iphone6' with a plan. Could you plz suggest me a suitable/affordable plan that includes a handset+talktime+mobile data.

Wind/freedom mobile doesn't have a iphone plan. However, i found fido-mobile and virgin mobile are offering plans with iphone. are they good deal?
https://www.fido.ca/nac/#/build-plan
http://www.virginmobile.ca/en/shop/index.html?handset=10-20505

I would like to buy the cell phone at Toronto (just after landing). However, as I got to move in Ottawa after a week, would there be any effect on the pricing of the deal, e.g. home/away network, roaming. etc

Thanx in advance for your valuable opinions.
The Fido deals seem better to me. With $0 for an iPhone 6S 32GB, you can choose either Promo Plus25 ($80/mo) or Plus15 ($70/mo) + TAX for Unlimited Canada-wide calls + 1 GB data + Unlimited World-wide Text for 2-year contract. But for the latter, you have to pay $120 upfront for the phone. That's over $2000 (1,20,000 tk) for 24 months. I've been a Fido customer for almost 10 years now, but never been in a contract with them.

The thing is if you don't want to pay-off for your smartphone at first, you will have to get a smart plan (expensive than a regular plan) with all large providers here in Canada. And these plans generally start from $60/mo. Some prefer to buy an unlocked smartphone (new or used) from other sources and choose whatever plan they prefer (+ there is no contract).

Since the deal includes Canada-wide unlimited calling, you won't have problem moving around city to city. However, it would matter to the people who would call you. If your number is Toronto area-code based, your friend from Ottawa will have to make a long-distance call to your mobile. So, if you take a Toronto number, you will have to change it to an Ottawa number once you go there. Or, you can get an Ottawa number when you buy the plan.

deba_044

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
Nomination.....
PER 09-09-2014
AOR Received.
15-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
05-09-2014, PF on 09-09-2015
Med's Request
18-11-2015
Med's Done....
20-11-2015
Passport Req..
26-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2016
Rossei said:
The Fido deals seem better to me, especially the Plus 10 plan with iPhone 6S 32GB which costs you $65/mo (apprx $75 after tax) for 2-year contract. That's $1800 (1,10,000 tk) for 24 months. I've been a Fido customer for almost 10 years now, but never been in a contract with them.

The thing is if you don't want to pay-off for your smartphone at first, you will have to get a smart plan (expensive than a regular plan) with all large providers here in Canada. And these plans generally start from $60/mo. Some prefer to buy an unlocked smartphone (new or used) from other sources and choose whatever plan they prefer (+ there is no contract).

Since the deal includes Canada-wide unlimited calling, you won't have problem moving around city to city. However, it would matter to the people who would call you. If your number is Toronto area-code based, your friend from Ottawa will have to make a long-distance call to your mobile. So, if you take a Toronto number, you will have to change it to an Ottawa number once you go there. Or, you can get an Ottawa number when you buy the plan.
You can also check the below link:

https://www.chatrwireless.com/web/chatr.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=PlanBrowse

their plans are not bad also.....if you ask me, i would suggest you to buy a smart phone & go for independent plan without any contract. In that case, you will always have the option to change or migrate to different plan and also to change provider if you dont like it.

But, its only my opinion. Not giving any suggestion.......its upto you...:)

Thanks
Debashish

ekarus

Apr 21, 2012
Toronto ON Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
Doc's Request.
Along with application
AOR Received.
April 2011
IELTS Request
Along with application
File Transfer...
May 2011. 'IN PROCESS' from 10 March'14
Med's Request
29 April 2014
Med's Done....
04 May 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29 April 2014...submitted on 18 May 2014
VISA ISSUED...
12 June 2014...passport received 23rd July 2014
LANDED..........
17 September 2014
Mohibul Hasib said:
Bhai, Do we need to fill up any other documents ?
You don't need any other documents to fill up so far I believe. When I moved to Canada I filled this form only. But I don't know whether they change things or not. But don't worry, if you need to fill any other documents, immigration officer will provide that in spot. FYI, if you or your wife carrying any gold ornaments, my recommendation will be, take picture of those gold ornaments and attach the picture with this form.

ekarus

Apr 21, 2012
Toronto ON Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
Doc's Request.
Along with application
AOR Received.
April 2011
IELTS Request
Along with application
File Transfer...
Med's Request
29 April 2014
Med's Done....
04 May 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
17 September 2014
rainbow00 said:
Is it possible to open a bank account in Canada before arriving and transfer our funds into that account? As we want to avoid carrying too much cash, what other options do you guys suggest? Experts please advice, thanks in advance.
You can't open a bank account before landing cuz they require your photo ID and your signature. Don't worry about carrying too much cash. There are previous threads here about carrying money. please follow those.

ekarus

Apr 21, 2012
Toronto ON Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
Doc's Request.
Along with application
AOR Received.
April 2011
IELTS Request
Along with application
File Transfer...
Med's Request
29 April 2014
Med's Done....
04 May 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
17 September 2014
amit111283 said:
Dear Ekarus/Rossie bhai,
I was checking the phone-plan options in Canada. My existing handset set is pretty old and I want to buy a phone (preferable 'iphone6' with a plan. Could you plz suggest me a suitable/affordable plan that includes a handset+talktime+mobile data.

Wind/freedom mobile doesn't have a iphone plan. However, i found fido-mobile and virgin mobile are offering plans with iphone. are they good deal?
https://www.fido.ca/nac/#/build-plan
http://www.virginmobile.ca/en/shop/index.html?handset=10-20505

I would like to buy the cell phone at Toronto (just after landing). However, as I got to move in Ottawa after a week, would there be any effect on the pricing of the deal, e.g. home/away network, roaming. etc

Thanx in advance for your valuable opinions.
No need to spend money on phone when you can have android or i phone as 2 year plan. Fido has better deal then virgin. My recommendation is, go for Fido with Unlimited Canada wide talk+unlimited world wide text+ upto 3/5 GB data [you don't need more than 3 GB mobile data].

ekarus

Apr 21, 2012
Toronto ON Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
Doc's Request.
Along with application
AOR Received.
April 2011
IELTS Request
Along with application
File Transfer...
Med's Request
29 April 2014
Med's Done....
04 May 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
17 September 2014
Rossei said:
Kinda like WIND I guess when it started. I paid like $65/mo for unlimited calls/text within Canada and unlimited calls to Bangladesh with Wind while I lived in Toronto for a year and half. But it didn't have the best cell reception and also the constant concern about being in 'Home' or 'Away' network.

However, for new immigrants, these still are better choice.
WIND has been changed to FREEDOM and service of FREEDOM is now better than what it was 2 years back.

Mr. Rana

Apr 4, 2017
Hello Everyone. I am planning to settle in canada. I need your seriou help.

I have completed my BBA and MBA from a public University. And now I have been working a major bank (one of the largest bank of Bangladesh) for last 4 years as Executive officer.

How can I start my application process?

(My friends told me this forum is filled with good poeple and I can get real help from this forum)/

Please help me. Tell me from where to start. Or atleast give me a link of article so that I can read and know the procedure.

Thank you.

KRahman

Star Member
Aug 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-04-2017
AOR Received.
21-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Anyone there who has made a gift deed for POF ? what is the process of making one ?

Jan 18, 2017
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
No Idea
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Not Yet
Doc's Request.
Not Yet
Nomination.....
Not Yet
AOR Received.
Not Yet
IELTS Request
Not Yet
File Transfer...
Not Yet
Med's Request
Not Yet
Med's Done....
Not Yet
Interview........
Not Yet
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
arifurrahman said:
Alhamdulillah, got my passport back with VISA and COPR yesterday on 02-April-2017. Timelines are in my signature.
Wow :) Congrats...

Do you mind sharing your process, how did you apply etc please?

Jan 18, 2017
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
No Idea
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Not Yet
Doc's Request.
Not Yet
Nomination.....
Not Yet
AOR Received.
Not Yet
IELTS Request
Not Yet
File Transfer...
Not Yet
Med's Request
Not Yet
Med's Done....
Not Yet
Interview........
Not Yet
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
Mr. Rana said:
Hello Everyone. I am planning to settle in canada. I need your seriou help.

I have completed my BBA and MBA from a public University. And now I have been working a major bank (one of the largest bank of Bangladesh) for last 4 years as Executive officer.

How can I start my application process?

(My friends told me this forum is filled with good poeple and I can get real help from this forum)/

Please help me. Tell me from where to start. Or atleast give me a link of article so that I can read and know the procedure.

Thank you.
First you need to do two things:
  • IELTS
  • ECA

IELTS:
You need at least CLB(Canadian Language Benchmark) level 7.

CLB level 7 means in IELTS:

Speaking: 6.0
Listening: 6.0 - 7.0
Reading: 6.0
Writing: 6.0

Reference: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/language/charts.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/language-testing.asp

I assume you want to apply for FSW. If you try PNP (Provincial Nominee Program ) then IELTS could be bit flexible.

ECA:

ECA means Educational Credentials Assessments. You need to create an account here https://www.wes.org/ca/index.asp and send all your certificates+transcripts. Its is highly recommend that you visit their page and read carefully. (You can't send your docs; your institution needs to send those in sealed envelope to WES in Canada.)

After you do above two steps, then you can create a profile in CIC site. And this is just beginning. ;D

After you create your profile and submit then following process would happen:
1. CIC will place you in a pool with others who are also eligible,
2. CIC will then rank you and the others using several factors,
3. if you are one of the top candidates, you will get an Invitation to Apply (ITA)
4. if CIC invite you to apply, you can apply online for permanent residence.

Reference: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index.asp

Before you do anything check your current CRS (Comprehensive Ranking System) score here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp. Ideal score to-date is 437 which is the lowest to-date and have a very good chance to get an ITA (Invitation To Apply).

Also you need to check as you mentioned you are working as an Executive officer, so you need to make sure FSW allows your profession. Check here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/noc.asp

Safir Khan

Star Member
Jan 6, 2015
Hi all,
Congratulations to all who got the visa and who are about to get the visa soon. I wasn't regular in the forum more than a year as I have got nothing to share. Now I am looking for some feedback regarding our situation. I and my wife(primary applicant) applied in 2014 under FSW program. Last week they did site verification where my wife used to work in 2014. She changed her job twice and we informed them accordingly. Just to inform you that we applied via visa centre but we confirmed them that we are not dealing with the agency anymore. So far they got positive answers from the office as the chairman wasn't present that time so they said they will contact him again. So could you plz give me some feedback on this situation??
Thanks
Safir Khan