Waived
Passport Req..
29 April 2014...submitted on 18 May 2014
VISA ISSUED...
12 June 2014...passport received 23rd July 2014
LANDED..........
17 September 2014
scorpio939 said:
Few landed immigrants advised me to arrange another Photo ID, such as Driving license or Ontario Photo Card, till I receive the PR card.
But it seems all of these would require the same time to get in hand.
I guess I'd have to wait till then.
You didn't mention what type of services you need or want to get which requires photo ID. Your passport will be enough as your valid photo ID. If any service provider asks more info, show them your landing docs or tell them that you just landed and haven't got any photo ID yet. That's all.

quick_sand

Star Member
Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-1014
Nomination.....
19-08-2014
AOR Received.
21-09-2014
Med's Request
07-11-2016
Med's Done....
01-12-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
Dear brothers and sisters, I am planning to land in Toronto in coming May with my family. I would request you to suggest what are things we should bring from Bangladesh. Specially clothing and shoes. I have a one year old kid also. So please recommend.

mr_ahmed

Star Member
Feb 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22 dec 2016
Med's Done....
28 dec 2016
Passport Req..
13 march 2017
quick_sand said:
Dear brothers and sisters, I am planning to land in Toronto in coming May with my family. I would request you to suggest what are things we should bring from Bangladesh. Specially clothing and shoes. I have a one year old kid also. So please recommend.
Dear brother,

having been to TO, and many places in N America, Europe, middle east and Dhaka, my honest opinion is that you should avoid purchasing anything from Dhaka.

1. Quality: what we find in Dhaka is very very inferior quality products. even the reject items in Jamuna or Artisan will not serve your purpose. when it is -12 the items from Dhaka will not keep you warm. you have to buy products in Canada that meet high standards there. dont waste your money buying things from Bango bazar or Dhaka college. they simply are not worth it.

2. specifications: you will notice that what we find here is never cut for right measurements. and these are noticeable to canadian employers. they can see ur not from here and they take it as you are not acclimatized to ur new home and will not represent their company well. each country i lived in, i noticed that the colors and fittings were different. the colors are much brighter in UK, as the weather is always gloomy. in Middle east, i found myself buying more beige, milder shades, as it was a very sunny country. in Canada you cannot wear what you wear in DHaka. u will never wear your punjabi, or sandals. u will need a Canada Goose jacket or you will freeze. your sub-standard shoes from here will be useless in 3 inches of snow. you will risk hurting yourself and ur family if they slip.

3. price: you might think that prices are cheaper here. WRONG. a quality shoe from bata will cost you 7-8000 BDT. for that price you will get better items in Canada. H&M, Zara, Old Navy all stock quality products for better price. a shirt in Yellow costs 3000 BDT, with questionable quality and fitting. i recommend buying from there.

4. electronics: nope, buy when in canada. they are much cheaper on ebay or amazon there than in Dhaka.

5. what can you take: i can however recommend a few things, please take prescription glasses. they are expensive there! but go to a quality shop. most shops here do not make proper glasses, they dont account for the position of the center of pupil, which is why we bengalis seem to wear more glasses, as a result of poorly produced glasses.
please take belts, sleepwear, or homewear. maybe a mobile phone. the mobile plan contracts are expensive if you buy with a handset. better to take your phone and only get a sim-plan contract.

Could you please kindly advise how long it took for Singapore office to issue the visa? how many days after dispatch by VFS did you receive your passport back?
even though my PPR letter says "You do not need to upload copies of your passport(s) and photos to your MyCIC account."

the mycic portal says 'We need additional documents to process your application. Check your messages below for details.'

what did you have to do ? did you have similar contradictory instructions?

i really appreciate your response please. thank you so much.

arifurrahman

Star Member
Feb 5, 2015
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-12-2016
Nomination.....
21-11-2016
AOR Received.
30-12-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-12-2016. Passed on 13-01-2017
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
06-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-03-2017
LANDED..........
01-07-2017 (In Sha Allah)
mr_ahmed said:
Dear brother,

having been to TO, and many places in N America, Europe, middle east and Dhaka, my honest opinion is that you should avoid purchasing anything from Dhaka.

1. Quality: what we find in Dhaka is very very inferior quality products. even the reject items in Jamuna or Artisan will not serve your purpose. when it is -12 the items from Dhaka will not keep you warm. you have to buy products in Canada that meet high standards there. dont waste your money buying things from Bango bazar or Dhaka college. they simply are not worth it.

2. specifications: you will notice that what we find here is never cut for right measurements. and these are noticeable to canadian employers. they can see ur not from here and they take it as you are not acclimatized to ur new home and will not represent their company well. each country i lived in, i noticed that the colors and fittings were different. the colors are much brighter in UK, as the weather is always gloomy. in Middle east, i found myself buying more beige, milder shades, as it was a very sunny country. in Canada you cannot wear what you wear in DHaka. u will never wear your punjabi, or sandals. u will need a Canada Goose jacket or you will freeze. your sub-standard shoes from here will be useless in 3 inches of snow. you will risk hurting yourself and ur family if they slip.

3. price: you might think that prices are cheaper here. WRONG. a quality shoe from bata will cost you 7-8000 BDT. for that price you will get better items in Canada. H&M, Zara, Old Navy all stock quality products for better price. a shirt in Yellow costs 3000 BDT, with questionable quality and fitting. i recommend buying from there.

4. electronics: nope, buy when in canada. they are much cheaper on ebay or amazon there than in Dhaka.

5. what can you take: i can however recommend a few things, please take prescription glasses. they are expensive there! but go to a quality shop. most shops here do not make proper glasses, they dont account for the position of the center of pupil, which is why we bengalis seem to wear more glasses, as a result of poorly produced glasses.
please take belts, sleepwear, or homewear. maybe a mobile phone. the mobile plan contracts are expensive if you buy with a handset. better to take your phone and only get a sim-plan contract.

Could you please kindly advise how long it took for Singapore office to issue the visa? how many days after dispatch by VFS did you receive your passport back?
even though my PPR letter says "You do not need to upload copies of your passport(s) and photos to your MyCIC account."

the mycic portal says 'We need additional documents to process your application. Check your messages below for details.'

Excellent tips bro. I wish I can put them to good use real soon.

amit111283

Jul 6, 2015
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-May-2014
AOR Received.
12-Sep-2014
File Transfer...
15-Oct-2014
Med's Request
16-Nov-2016
Med's Done....
19-Nov-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
9-Dec-2016
VISA ISSUED...
9-Jan-2017
LANDED..........
28-04-2017
ekarus said:
1st thing, if you have relatives in Ottawa, why you are landing in Toronto? Why you don't land Ottawa directly.
2nd thing, why you wanna spend money for health insurance as you are receiving OHIP card within 3 months? You are landing in end of April, means in Spring. So don't worry about getting sick. If you really want some health insurance you need to go through a lot of tests here as you are new in Canada. Spending money on those tests is not a good idea only for three months.
Thank you very much EKARUS bhai for your valuable and insightful suggestion.

quick_sand

Star Member
Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-1014
Nomination.....
19-08-2014
AOR Received.
21-09-2014
Med's Request
07-11-2016
Med's Done....
01-12-2016
Passport Req..
06-12-2016
mr_ahmed said:
Dear brother,

Usually It takes 15 working days to issue visa from Singapore office. In my case it took 13 working days. After the dispatch within 4 days your passport will be ready to collect from VFS.

In My CIC account at details section it is still showing 'your action is required' though I received my passport back in January. However, check your Application status. If you see this message in your status section 'Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.' then you are almost there.

So brother do not worry. Good news is on the way!

Brother thanks a lot for your invaluable insight. I need one specific suggestion from you that my daughter and my wife will be there for one month and they will come back again. Next September my wife and daughter will arrive Canada permanently. So for one month what should I take for my wife and daughter. Specifically I am asking about clothing and footwear for daughter and wife.

deba_044

Star Member
May 9, 2014
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
Nomination.....
PER 09-09-2014
AOR Received.
15-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
05-09-2014, PF on 09-09-2015
Med's Request
18-11-2015
Med's Done....
20-11-2015
Passport Req..
26-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2016
scorpio939 said:
Few landed immigrants advised me to arrange another Photo ID, such as Driving license or Ontario Photo Card, till I receive the PR card.
But it seems all of these would require the same time to get in hand.
I guess I'd have to wait till then.
you will get the G1 license within 2 weeks of attending the written exam. So, my suggestion is go for it. You will need to use your passport in the meantime. I dont think ontario photo id is a good idea. Just giving my opinion...not giving you any advise or recommendation. Don't take it otherwise.

and, as you are preparing to come to canada, if you need any help or info, please feel free to contact me.

Thanks.......

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
scorpio939 said:
Thanks Rossei & Mr. Debashish.

The problem with Photo ID is, it should be returned, if I apply for drivers license.
Though it was cheaper, (CAD 35) and the driving license is CAD 58.25 for Class G1 licence package.

Is there any other cheaper & quicker alternative for a Photo ID ?
If otherwise, I'll go for the driving license, which is also important in the long run.
Ontario Photo ID is good for people who won't be applying for license anytime soon, for example, elderly people. I recently sponsored my mom for PR and since she never drove/won't drive, I applied it for her. For various services, you're often asked for 2 piece of Photo ID in Canada. For that purpose, these ID's are valid:

1. Passport
2. PR Card
3. Driving License
4. Photo ID
5. *Health Card (*although health cards are not considered valid Photo ID for most services)

BTW, PR Card can take anywhere between 4 to 8 weeks to receive.

ekarus

Apr 21, 2012
Toronto ON Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
Doc's Request.
Along with application
AOR Received.
April 2011
IELTS Request
Along with application
File Transfer...
May 2011. 'IN PROCESS' from 10 March'14
Med's Request
29 April 2014
Med's Done....
04 May 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
17 September 2014
quick_sand said:
Here is a part from one of my loooooong posts. Hope this will help you out. If you can find that looooong post, I believe that will help you lot to prepare and pack your staffs.

Cloth and shoes:

- বেশি করে মোজা [সুতি ও উলের] ও under garments [বিশেষ করে মহিলাদের] নিয়ে আসবেন...এগুলো এখানে ১টু দামি
- হাফ হাতা বা ফুল হাতা শার্ট এর থেকে হাফ হাতা ফুল হাতা গেঞ্জি বেশি আনলে ভাল কারন এখানে পার্টি বা কর্পোরেট অফিস ছাড়া শার্ট খুব বেশি কেউ পরে না
- সুতি ও উলের ট্রাউজার আনতে পারেন যেটা ঘরে বাইরে সব যায়গাতে আপনার কাজে দিবে...আর যাদের অভ্যাস আছে তাদের জন্য সামারে সর্টস বা থ্রি কোয়ার্টার must...আর যাদের লুঙ্গি পরার অভ্যাস তারা সেই অভ্যাস ত্যাগ করা শুরু করে দেন
- ফরমাল প্যান্ট এর থেকে জিন্স আর গ্যভারডিন বেশি আনার চেষ্টা করবেন...এখানে ঐ পার্টি আর কর্পোরেট অফিস ছাড়া ফরমাল প্যান্ট খুব বেশি কেউ পরে না...আর শীতের সময় তো প্রশ্নই উঠে না
- শীতের জন্য উলের বা মোটা ইনার অত্যাবশ্যক
- অনেকে ভাবছেন বঙ্গ বাজার থেকে মোটা শীতের কাপর আনবেন...ভুলে যান......কোন কাজে আসবে না...মোটা শীতের কাপড় আপনাকে এখান থেকেই কিনতে হবে...ঢাকায় যেগুলোকে আমরা শীতের কাপড় বলি সেগুলোকে এখানে বসন্তের কাপড় বলে......বুঝতেই পারছেন অবস্থা
- ব্লেজার/সুট/কোট খুব বেশি আনার প্রয়োজন নাই...কারন আগে ২বার বলেছি...এছাড়াও fashion -এর একটা ব্যপারতো আছেই...এই সকল ফরমাল জিনিস ২/৩ জোড়াই অনেক বেশি
- অনেকেই পাঞ্জাবি আনার কথা চিন্তা করছেন...আন্তে পারেন...কিন্ত বিশ্বাস করেন ভাই, ২ ঈদ আর সামারে কোন ফ্যামিলি পার্টি ছাড়া পাঞ্জাবি পরবেন না...সেই হিসেবেই আনবেন
- মাংকি ক্যাপ/ডাকাত ক্যাপ/মাফ্লার/হাত মোজা এগুলো আনতে ভুলবেন না
- ফরমাল জুতা, কেডস এর পাশাপাশি মোটা ভারি জুতা আনতে পারলে খুব ভালো হয়...শীতে কাজে দিবে......সেই সাথে ঘরে পরার স্লিপার
- ভাবি এবং আপুরা...জিন্স, শার্ট, টি-শার্ট পরার অভ্যাস শুরু করে দিন...পার্টি ছাড়া সালোয়ার-কামিজ, শাড়ি পরার সুযোগ খুব বেশি পাবেন না......শীতের সময় ত প্রশ্নই উঠে না......সেই সাথে জুতা ও কেডস পরারও অভ্যাস করতে পারেন

ekarus

Apr 21, 2012
Toronto ON Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
Doc's Request.
Along with application
AOR Received.
April 2011
IELTS Request
Along with application
File Transfer...
Med's Request
29 April 2014
Med's Done....
04 May 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
17 September 2014
As a lot of people are moving in April and May, I would like to share MY LANDING EXPERIENCE back in 2014

[size=10pt]MY LANDING EXPERIENCE[/size]

Air lines: Emirates
Route: Dhaka - Dubai - Toronto [9.5 hrs stop over in Dubai, hotel provided by emirates]
Plane fair: 1,15,000/- [through IOM I got that in 72,000/-]

Dhaka to Dubai [5 hrs]: Boing 777

We entered through VIP gate. I checked in through on-line so I don't need to maintain the long que for baggage check-in & boarding pass. There were about 30 people in general check-in que & 4/5 people in on line check-in que. So my suggestion for everyone that you should check-in online before start for air port. On line check-in is open before 24 hrs of departure. After baggage check-in we waited in VIP lounge. We didn't need to maintain long que for immigration or even didn't need to go there. Some officer from DGFI took our passport & did all immigration works [ক্ষমতার অপব্যবহার :p]
Our departure time was at 9:30 but the flight was delayed for about an hour for some stupid passenger. after boarding we found that our seat was occupied by some other stupid passenger. He requested us to exchange. as the other seat was also in isle side, we didn't refuse.

Leg space in every seat was good enough & luggage space was also good enough. on board food was quite delicious. For those who like cocktails [alcoholic], can order regular ones. there were plenty of movies, TV series you can watch on board.

At Dubai airport:

after landing in Dubai we confirm our hotel & at immigration we stamped on arrival visa which took only 3/4 min. after that emirates bus service took us to hotel. We reached hotel at 2:30 am. there was a little que at hotel check-in desk cuz there were other passengers with us. we had buffet breakfast at hotel & then again emirates bus took us to airport.

Dubai to Toronto [14 hrs]: Air bus A380

for check-in in Dubai air port there are two options...

1. Go to check-in counter
2. Self check-in

we did the self check-in which was really simple & easy & saves time. after check-in we went straight to boarding lounge. our departure time was at 9:55 & they maintained the time. On board food was really delicious. We got 3 courses of meal for 14 hrs long journey. Except these 3 course of meal you can have unlimited snacks, drinks & fruits. you just need to got to service area. flight was so comfortable. we filled the declaration form on board. there were some points I didn't understand so I left that space blank.

At Toronto airport:

Sorry to say but I think I got some bad experience in Toronto airport regarding loooooong que. But don't worry cz the experience I got there is not a regular scenario. there were really long que every where. we board at terminal one at 3:30 pm. we need to walk a long way to main terminal. then we need to maintain a que to enter the immigration area. after that I was really surprised to see really long que for immigration. there were about 90/100 people before me. we need to wait about 1.5 hrs to reach immigration counter.

at the counter the officer filled those blank spaces of my declaration form, checked our COPR, stamped our passport & then send us to another area for newcomers. in that room another officer checked our COPR, write down our Canadian address and give us back COPR's client's copy. She also instructed us about PR cards

Then we need to go to another area for collecting SIN paper. There the officer checked our COPR's client's copy, passport, gave us SIN paper & instructed us about the importance of SIN number.

Then on the way to baggage claim we need to collect our health insurance form. Baggage curt was free. after collecting our baggage we need to go to another area for luggage check. Another long que there. at the counter we submitted our B4 form with other details. officer was really surprised to get that filled up form & other details. he didn't see & ask for anything. then he ask if we had any currency other than CDN. I had USD as I need to indorse some from bank. he just wrote down the amount in CDN.

When we came out from airport it was about 8:30 pm. it took about 4 hrs for us to come out from airport. each paper works & other formalities took only 5/10 min but long que killed us & that's the worst thing i've experienced in toronto airport.

SUGGESTIONS [my personal opinion]

* Before going to airport please check-in on line. that will save you from standing in a long que. you can also book your seat or change it at the time of on line check-in.
* try to book middle row seat. that will be convenient for you. specially isle side luggage carrier is larger than the window side
* 1st put things in carry on bags then put the rest in check-in baggage cz no one gonna take weight of your carry-on baggage.
* if you are sure that your baggage will be over weight don't worry there is an option of buying weight in airport. you can buy 30kg extra for $150 but of course some days before departure.
* Put warm cloths or at least bring one with you cz you'll gonna need that in the air craft.
* bring empty bottle with you in the air craft. after boarding just fill the bottle so that you don't need to ask attendance every time.
* do not hesitate to go to service area in the air craft & ask for snacks or drinks.
* you don't need to hide anything in immigration cz you are allowed to bring anything for the first time except dairy products
* You must bring B4 form with you, that will save a lot of time

ekarus

Apr 21, 2012
Toronto ON Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
Doc's Request.
Along with application
AOR Received.
April 2011
IELTS Request
Along with application
File Transfer...
Med's Request
29 April 2014
Med's Done....
04 May 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
17 September 2014
quick_sand said:
Here is my loooooong post for you and others to prepare yourself to move to Canada

কানাডাতে শীতকাল শেষের দিকে...সপ্তাহ খানেকের মধ্যেই শীত শেষ হবার আশা করা হচ্ছে, যদিও এখানে ৩ তা জিনিসের কোন বিশ্বাস নাই...here everyone says 3 Ws...Work/Weather/Woman...তো যারা ইতিমধ্যে ভিসা পেয়ে গিয়েছেন এবং যাদের ভিসা আসি আসি করছে তারা নিশ্চই সামারে চলে আসার পরিকল্পনা করছেন...তাদের জন্য আমার কানাডা আসার প্রস্ততি থেকে শুরু করে গত ৬ মাসের অভিজ্ঞতা থেকে কিছু টিপস দেই...মানা না-মানা আপনাদের ব্যপার...আমার একটু পাকনামি করতে ইচ্ছা করল...টিপস গুলো সম্পুর্ন আমার ব্যাক্তিগত অভিগ্যতা থেকে দেয়া এবং সবকিছু Scarborough শহর কে কেন্দ্র করে কারন আমি থাকি এখানে

Preparation:

- আসার আগে কোন ভাল হাসপাতাল থেকে full health check up করিয়ে আসতে পারলে খুব ভাল হয় কারন আল্লাহ না করুক health card [OHIP] পাবার আগে রোগ বালাই কিছু বাধালে খবর আছে...আর health card পেতে সময় লাগবে কানাডায় যেদিন পৌছাবেন সেদিন থেকে ঠিক ৩ মাস......তারমানে অন্তত ৩ মাস আপাকে নাক-মুখ বন্ধ করে খিছ মেরে সুস্থ থাকতে হবে......আর health card পাবার পরে যা খুশি রোগ বাধান, কোন চিন্তা নাই......- সাথে করে কিছু common ঔষধ [যেমন, ওরস্যলাইন, নাপা, প্যরাসিটামল, অমিপ্রাজল, নিউবাক্রিন] আনলে খুব ভাল
- যারা চশমা পরেন তারা চোখ দেখিয়ে ৪/৫ জোড়া নতুন চশমা নিয়ে আসবেন...আর যাদের আমার মত চশমা ভাঙ্গার অভ্যাস আছে তারা ৮/১০ জোড়া আনবেন......যাদের আমার মত চশমা ছাড়া চলেই না সোজা বাংলায়, কানা টাইপ, তারা ফোটোসান অথবা কালার গ্লাস আনবেন...কারন এখানে অনেক glare হয়
- দাত পরিস্কার [scaling] করিয়ে আইসেন...health card দিয়ে চোখ আর দাতের কিছু করতে পারবেন না...চোখ আর দাতের ব্যপার গুলো কোন এক অজানা কারনে এখানে রোগ বালাই এর বাইরে রেখেছে
- লাগেজ প্যাক করার সময় carry on ব্যাগ আগে ভরবেন কারন অন্য লাগেজ এর weight limit আছে [২৩-৩০ কেজি]...carry on লাগেজ এর weight limit [৭ কেজি] থাকলেও সেটা নিয়ে কেউ খুব বেশি মাথা ঘামায় না...trolly bag এর থেকে বড় back pack আনতে পারলে ভাল কারন back pack এ জিনিস বেশি আটে...অনায়াসে ১৫-১৮ কেজি ভরে ফেলতে পারবেন

Money and Docs:

-যারা permanently চলে আসার চিন্তা করছেন তারা যত বেশি সম্ভব টাকা পয়সা নিয়ে আইসেন...দরকার হলে সোনালী ব্যাংক থেকে লোন নিয়েন...পেপারে যে পরিমান টাকা দেখিয়েছেন তার বেশি আনতে পারবেন না এমন না...canadian immigration শুধু জিজ্ঞেস করবে কত টাকা এনেছেন [CAD/USD]......আর শুরুর কয়েক মাস কাজকর্ম পাবার আগ পর্যন্ত বেশ কিছু টাকা আপনাকে খরচ করতে হবে to settle down
- USD খুব বেশি আনার কোন প্রয়োজন দেখিনা...সর্বনিম্ন যতটুকু আনা সম্ভব বাকিটা সব CAD
- শিক্ষাগত যোগ্যতার সকল সার্টিফিকেট এর মুল কপি সাথে ৫/৬ সেট ফটোকপি আনবেন...সম্ভব হলে শিক্ষা প্রতিষ্ঠান থেকে সত্যায়িত কপি আনবেন।
- যারা multinational company-তে কাজ করতেন তারা সেই company-র reference letter আনতে পারলে ভাল...resume-তে job experience হিসেবে কাজে লাগতে পারে
- যাদের ড্রাইভিং লাইসেন্স আছে তারা অতি অবশ্যই সেটা সাথে আনবেন in international format[ভুলেও ২ নাম্বারি কিছু করতে যাবেন না]...যদিও সরাসরি কোন কাজে দিবে না কিন্ত এখানে লাইসেন্স পেতে অনেক সাহায্য করবে...
- ১০/১২ কপি পাসপোর্ট সাইজ এর ছবি সাথে করে আনলে ভাল
- application form থেকে শুরু করে সকল কানাডিয়ান কাগজ সাথে থাকলে ভাল...বলাতো যায়না কখন কোনটা কাজে লাগে
- বিবাহিত ভাই ও বোনেরা তাদের বিবাহ বিষয়ক সকল কাগজ সাথে আনবেন

Cloth and shoes:

- বেশি করে মোজা [সুতি ও উলের] ও under garments [বিশেষ করে মহিলাদের] নিয়ে আসবেন...এগুলো এখানে ১টু দামি
- হাফ হাতা বা ফুল হাতা শার্ট এর থেকে হাফ হাতা ফুল হাতা গেঞ্জি বেশি আনলে ভাল কারন এখানে পার্টি বা কর্পোরেট অফিস ছাড়া শার্ট খুব বেশি কেউ পরে না
- সুতি ও উলের ট্রাউজার আনতে পারেন যেটা ঘরে বাইরে সব যায়গাতে আপনার কাজে দিবে...আর যাদের অভ্যাস আছে তাদের জন্য সামারে সর্টস বা থ্রি কোয়ার্টার must...আর যাদের লুঙ্গি পরার অভ্যাস তারা সেই অভ্যাস ত্যাগ করা শুরু করে দেন
- ফরমাল প্যান্ট এর থেকে জিন্স আর গ্যভারডিন বেশি আনার চেষ্টা করবেন...এখানে ঐ পার্টি আর কর্পোরেট অফিস ছাড়া ফরমাল প্যান্ট খুব বেশি কেউ পরে না...আর শীতের সময় তো প্রশ্নই উঠে না
- শীতের জন্য উলের বা মোটা ইনার অত্যাবশ্যক
- অনেকে ভাবছেন বঙ্গ বাজার থেকে মোটা শীতের কাপর আনবেন...ভুলে যান......কোন কাজে আসবে না...মোটা শীতের কাপড় আপনাকে এখান থেকেই কিনতে হবে...ঢাকায় যেগুলোকে আমরা শীতের কাপড় বলি সেগুলোকে এখানে বসন্তের কাপড় বলে......বুঝতেই পারছেন অবস্থা
- ব্লেজার/সুট/কোট খুব বেশি আনার প্রয়োজন নাই...কারন আগে ২বার বলেছি......এই সকল ফরমাল জিনিস ২/৩ জোড়াই অনেক বেশি
- অনেকেই পাঞ্জাবি আনার কথা চিন্তা করছেন...আন্তে পারেন...কিন্ত বিশ্বাস করেন ভাই, ২ ঈদ আর সামারে কোন ফ্যামিলি পার্টি ছাড়া পাঞ্জাবি পরবেন না...সেই হিসেবেই আনবেন
- মাংকি ক্যাপ/ডাকাত ক্যাপ/মাফ্লার/হাত মোজা এগুলো আনতে ভুলবেন না
- ফরমাল জুতা, কেডস এর পাশাপাশি মোটা ভারি জুতা আনতে পারলে খুব ভালো হয়...শীতে কাজে দিবে......সেই সাথে ঘরে পরার স্লিপার আর স্যান্ডাল শু
- ভাবি এবং আপুরা...জিন্স, শার্ট, টি-শার্ট পরার অভ্যাস শুরু করে দিন...পার্টি ছাড়া সালোয়ার-কামিজ, শাড়ি পরার সুযোগ খুব বেশি পাবেন না......শীতের সময় ত প্রশ্নই উঠে না......সেই সাথে জুতা ও কেডস পরারও অভ্যাস করতে পারেন
- ল্যাপটপ/ট্যাব জাতীয় পার্সনাল জিনিস সাথে আনাটাই বুদ্ধিমানের কাজ...সেই সাথে যারা স্মার্ট ফোন ব্যবহার করেন তারা সেটা সাথে নিয়ে আসলে বেশ কিছু টাকা বাচাতে পারবেন
- যারা আমার মত মসলাদার খাবার পছন্দ করেন তারা কিছু দেশি মসলা [হলুদ, মরিচ, ধনিয়া, জিড়া] সাথে করে নিয়া আসতে পারলে ভাল...অনেকেই দেশি ঘি আনার কথা চিন্তা করছেন...অবশ্যই আনবেন এবং আমার বাসায় পৌছানর ব্যবস্থা করবেন কিন্ত immigration-এ declair করার কোন প্রয়োজন নেই কারন কোন প্রকার dairy food product আনা নিষেধ
- সম্ভব হলে বিভিন্ন সাইজ এর ২/৩ পিস non-sticky frying pans নিয়ে আসবেন...এখানে এধরনের জিনিস অনেক উন্নত মান সম্পন্ন হওয়াতে দামটাও একটু বেশি...sale এর সময় অবশ্য পানি না হলেও শরবতের দামে পাওয়া যায়
- অনেকের সুচিবায়ু আছে যে রাতে ঘুমানোর সময় বিছানা না ঝেরে ঘুমাতে পারেন না...তাদের জন্য বিছানার ঝাড়ু অতি আবশ্যিক...যদিও এখানে ধুলা-বালুর কোন বালাই নেই...সাদা শার্ট বা গেঞ্জি টানা ৪/৫ দিন ধরে পরতে পারবেন...ঘামের গন্ধও হবে না...কলারে ময়লাও জমবে না
- প্রতিদিন ভাতের সাথে ডাল খাওয়ার অভ্যাস যাদের তাদের জন্য 'ডাল ঘুটনি' অত্যাবশ্যকিয় জিনিস......এক্ষেত্রে ভাইদেরকে একটা দুঃসংবাদ দেই [ভাবিদের জন্য সুসংবাদ]......ভাইয়েরা আমার, রান্না শেখা শুরু করে দিন
- ভাবি বা বোনেরা যারা 'বোটি' ছাড়া কাটা-কুটি করতে পারেন না তারা অবশ্যই সাথে করে 'বোটি' আনবেন......সেই সাথে ছুড়ি ও chopping board ব্যবহার করার অভ্যাস করেন

After arriving:

নতুন দেশে এসে ঘোরাঘুরি করতে কার না মন চায়...সেই সাথে যদি কোন আত্মিয় বা পরিচিত কেউ থেকে থাকে তাহলে তো কথাই নাই...ঘোরাঘুরি করতে করতেই মাস কাবার.....নায়াগ্রা ফলস, সেন্টার আইল্যন্ড, থাউসেন্ড আইল্যন্ড, সিএন টাওয়ার কত কিছুই না আছে দেখার......ভাইরে এগুলো কোথাও যাচ্ছে না...একবার যখন চলে আসবেন, এগুলো দেখার অনেক সুযোগ পাবেন......কিন্ত ঘোরাঘুরির পাশাপাশি কিছু কাজ যদি এগিয়ে রাখেন তাহলে ক্ষতি তো নেই...
- আসার সাথে সাথে ১টা ব্যাংক একাউন্ট খুলে ফেলবেন......সব টাকা দিয়ে না...যত কম টাকা দিয়ে সম্ভব...কারন এখানে ব্যাংকে টাকা রাখলে টাকা আসে না, বরং টাকা যায়...interest rate একেবারেই কম, সেই সাথে ট্যাক্স দিতে হয়...পারলে ২টা একাউন্ট খুলবেন, visa ও master card দু'টা credit card এর জন্য...এখানে credit card এর অনেক সুবিধা...আর এখানে ক্যাশ টাকা কেউ খুব বেশি ব্যবহার করে না......সেই সাথে USD account-ও করে ফেলতে পারেন
- আত্মিয় স্বজনের বাসায় খুব বেশিদিন থাকার কোন প্রয়োজন নেই...কারন এখানে সবাই ব্যাস্ত...অবশ্যই টাকার জন্য...তাই দ্রুত বাসা ভাড়া করে ফেলতে হবে...যারা একটু বেশি মালদার তারা Toronto downtown থাকতে পারেন [সিঙ্গেল বেড্রুম এপার্ট্মেন্টঃ ১১০০-১৪০০ ডলার]...আমি থাকি Scarborough...এখনকার এপার্ট্মেন্ট ভাড়া, সিঙ্গেল বেড্রুমঃ ৯০০-১১০০......যারা বাঙ্গালিদের আশে পাশে থাকতে চান তাদের জন্য Danforth and Victoria park নামক এলাকা...আর অন্যান্যদের জন্য যেসব এলাকায় কাউলা, শ্রিলঙ্কান, পাকু [markham, ellesemere, orton park, lawrence, midland এসব এলাকার কিছু যায়গা] থাকে সেগুল বাদ দিয়ে অন্য যেকোন এলাকা...উপরল্লিখিত জনগষ্ঠিকে সব যায়গাতেই পাওয়া যায় কিন্ত যতটা সম্ভব দুরত্ব বজায় রাখা আর কি......সবচে ভাল যেকোন বড় রাস্তার intersection এবং grocery shop এর আশেপাশে থাকা......বাস নিয়ে চিন্তিত হবার কিছু নাই...বাস সার্ভিস খুব ভাল...এবং কিছুদূর পর পর-ই বাস স্টপ পাওয়া যায়...যেকোন RT station অথবা subway station এর কাছাকাছি [Victoria park station, kennedy station etc] থাকতে পারলে আরও ভাল...- কম ভাড়ায় বেইজমেন্ট এপার্ট্মেন্ট ভাড়া পাবেন...সেখানেও থাকতে পারেন, কিন্ত যাদের ছানা-পোনা আছে তাদের বেইজমেন্ট এপার্ট্মেন্টে না থাকাটাই ভাল
- যাদের ছানাপোনা আছে...বাসা নেবার সাথে সাথেই বাসার আশেপাশের কোন স্কুলে ভর্তি করিয়ে দিতে হবে.
-health card এর জন্য apply করে ফেলতে হবে...apply যখনি করেন না কেন এটা পাবেন কানাডায় যেদিন পা দিয়েছেন তার ঠিক ৩ মাস পর
- verification এর জন্য বাংলাদেশ হাইকমিশনে ড্রাইভিং লাইসেন্স পাঠাতে হবে...মনে রাখবেন লাইসেন্স এর বয়স অন্তত ২ বছর হতে হবে...এখানে গাড়ি কোন সৌখিনতা নয়...প্রয়োজন
- YMCA, ACCES এর মত govt. organization খুজে বের করতে হবে যারা new comer দের জন্য কাজ করে...এদের কাছে অনেক রকম সাহায্য পাবেন...সবচে বড় সাহায্য আমার কাছে যেটা মনে হয়েছে তা হল ফ্রিতে বাসার জন্য ছোটখাট কিছু ফার্নিচার আর ম্যট্রেস...১টা queen size ম্যট্রেস এর দাম এখানে ৪৫০-৬০০ টাকা...সেটা যদি আপনি ফ্রি পান কেন নিবেন না?

dr.hopeful

Star Member
Nov 3, 2014
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
19-05-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
Interview........
Inshallah waived
Passport Req..
Hello, I am planning to move into British Columbia as an immigrant with my wife and child on 1st week of May. Actually initially I have planned to land in Toronto, but in my medical and health sector, I found that British Columbia has more chance for me to succeed.
I have heard that Vancouver is very costly, that's why i AM PLANNING TO MOVE INTO Surrey.
I have few questions actually-
1. Is it really very much costlier that Toronto?
2. Which city will be better to live in other than Vancouver? I mean which town is closer to Vancouver but not that much costly.
3. How is the chance for survival jobs at British Columbia? I don't want to spend much money from my savings, as my license examinations are very costly.
4. How is the facilities for new comers in British Columbia? Is it similar to Toronto. I actually know about Toronto, but not much knowledge about British Columbia.

mr_ahmed

Star Member
Feb 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22 dec 2016
Med's Done....
28 dec 2016
Passport Req..
13 march 2017
quick_sand said:
Usually It takes 15 working days to issue visa from Singapore office. In my case it took 13 working days. After the dispatch within 4 days your passport will be ready to collect from VFS.

In My CIC account at details section it is still showing 'your action is required' though I received my passport back in January. However, check your Application status. If you see this message in your status section 'Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.' then you are almost there.

So brother do not worry. Good news is on the way!

Brother thanks a lot for your invaluable insight. I need one specific suggestion from you that my daughter and my wife will be there for one month and they will come back again. Next September my wife and daughter will arrive Canada permanently. So for one month what should I take for my wife and daughter. Specifically I am asking about clothing and footwear for daughter and wife.
bhai, thank you so much for ur response.

regarding what your family can take for a month. my opinion is that they could take a few warm clothing for the short period. to be honest i dont expect it will take only a month. avg time for PR card receipt is 40+ days from what i am reading. if they go in June or July, than it should be summer, which can be quite warm. I was there in July and i couldnt wear anything other than shorts. If they go earlier, May or so, it might still be chilly, so a warm jacket, and a few layers should be fine. the temp will be what Dhaka winters are like.

i can see some seniors who have provided alternate but valuable comments in Bangla about what to purchase and take. which you should also consider. sadly i can read bangla too well.

i am sad that you will be spending so much on return tickets, only for them to come back 2-3 months later. also they will miss the only wonderful season that is worth anything in Canada, June-August! rest of the year is too cold.

thank you for informing that your passport was returned in 17 days. that gives us reassurance and hope! my cic account doesnt not says 'application approved'. but i did receive a PPR request and sent passport to sgvo. maybe it will change after i receive the passport back? please comment?

also, please help inform if your mycic account has an upload option for photos and passport scan, when u click on the blue button with 'view submitted application'

i can upload but my ppr letter says not to.

appreciate your response. thank you

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
dr.hopeful said:
Hello, I am planning to move into British Columbia as an immigrant with my wife and child on 1st week of May. Actually initially I have planned to land in Toronto, but in my medical and health sector, I found that British Columbia has more chance for me to succeed.
I have heard that Vancouver is very costly, that's why i AM PLANNING TO MOVE INTO Surrey.
2. Which city will be better to live in other than Vancouver? I mean which town is closer to Vancouver but not that much costly.
3. How is the chance for survival jobs at British Columbia? I don't want to spend much money from my savings, as my license examinations are very costly.
4. How is the facilities for new comers in British Columbia? Is it similar to Toronto. I actually know about Toronto, but not much knowledge about British Columbia.
1. Vancouver is 10-25% more expensive than Toronto for living. You'll notice the maximum difference in renting/buying apartments/houses.

2. Take a look at Greater Vancouver Regional District (GVRD) map: http://www.canadalegal.info/img--site/BC/greater-vancouver-map/GVRD-map.html. The further from the city you live, the less expensive it would be. Someone who actually lives there would be able to shed more light on this.

3 & 4. Both Toronto and Vancouver are large diverse cities. So, facilities and services to newcomers wouldn't be much different. However, you wouldn't find Bangladeshi community in Vancouver as big as in Toronto.

ekarus

Apr 21, 2012
Toronto ON Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
Doc's Request.
Along with application
AOR Received.
April 2011
IELTS Request
Along with application
File Transfer...
Med's Request
29 April 2014
Med's Done....
04 May 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
17 September 2014
dr.hopeful said:
In medical and Health sector......I believe Saskatoon would be better option than BC