Med's Done....
18-July-2016
Passport Req..
14-Dec-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-12-2016
LANDED..........
13-APR-2017
Any way to rent flat without deposit of usual 6 months advance?
Suppose, I Don't have any guarantor in Toronto. :(

Fastener

Star Member
Sep 30, 2015
ekarus said:
You can carry whatever means you like. My opinion is to endorse USD in passport and rest of the money carry in cash. In Canada immigration you just need to declare how much money you are bringing. They are not going to ask anything. So carry as much as you can and do not left anything to carry later. That will add tax I believe. Even for gold. Carry as much gold as you like for the first time.
For the first timer, Landed immigrant, you wont get taxed for those money you bring into Canada.

Fastener

Star Member
Sep 30, 2015
Is there anybody who is Landing on Manitoba. All of you are landing on Toronto. Im feeling lonely. And why is everybody Landing on Toronto at April?

kochi

Star Member
Jun 6, 2011
alibuft said:
আসসালামু আলাইকুম ওয়া রাহমাতুল্লাহ।
কেমন আছেন সবাই? এখনও মাঝে মাঝে ফোরাম পেইজে লগইন করি। আলহামদুলিল্লাহ, অনেকেই ভিসা পেয়েছেন এবং কিছু সংখ্যক ভাই-বোন হয়ত এখনও অপেক্ষায় আছেন। আল্লাহ আপনাদের কাজগুলোকে সহজ করে দিন। আমীন।
আমি টরন্টোতে আছি। যদি কারও কোন ধরনের দরকারে আসতে পারি তাহলে নিজেকে ধন্য মনে করব। আমি আমার সাধ্যমত তথ্য দিয়ে সহযোগিতা করার চেষ্টা করব। কোন সংকোচ ছাড়াই আমাকে ইনবক্স করতে পারেন। আল্লাহ আমাদের চেষ্টাগুলোকে কবুল করুন। আমীন।
I will be move on 3rd of April 2017 in Toronto. Please give advise me, which area will be comfortable for us.

amit111283

Jul 6, 2015
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-May-2014
AOR Received.
12-Sep-2014
File Transfer...
15-Oct-2014
Med's Request
16-Nov-2016
Med's Done....
19-Nov-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
9-Dec-2016
VISA ISSUED...
9-Jan-2017
LANDED..........
28-04-2017
kochi said:
I will be move on 3rd of April 2017 in Toronto. Please give advise me, which area will be comfortable for us.
Bhai, I have heard most of the Bangladeshis are residing in Scarborough or Danforth area.

mcgyver

Apr 13, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-05-2014
Nomination.....
11-06-2014
AOR Received.
11-08-2014
File Transfer...
23-06-2014
Med's Request
16-04-2015
Med's Done....
29-04-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-06-2015 Decision Made: 30-06-2015 PP Submitted...: 1-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-07-2015 PP Returned....: 11-08-2015
LANDED..........
01-10-2015
amit111283 said:
Bhai, I have heard most of the Bangladeshis are residing in Scarborough or Danforth area.
You are right that, within the GTA (Greater Toronto Area), they live mostly in those areas.

RA_Slayer

Dec 27, 2016
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 Aug 2014
AOR Received.
Dec 2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
Jan 2015
Med's Request
3 Nov 2016
Med's Done....
23 Nov 2016
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
7 Dec 2016
VISA ISSUED...
22 Dec 2016
LANDED..........
21 Apr 2017 Insha Allah
scorpio939 said:
How to register for CIIP:
I received few emails after my MR with subject "Get help before arriving in Canada – FREE Pre-arrival services funded by the Government of Canada". Those email had links to various agencies who offer CIIP session. Below is a excerpt from such an email.

Experience:
The above mentioned link ( www. cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-services ) has a list of many CIIP session providers. I joined "Planning for Canada", as they had in-person session option, which they held in Bangladesh earlier. But right now, they don't have any such session planned for Bangladesh. So, I was forced to join their online program.

For registering I had to fill-up a form online, which required my UCI number & many other details, which takes 15-20 minutes. You will need to upload the email from VO which invited you for CIIP program. Alternatively, you can provide your MR email or some other specified document also.

1st part is a day long online session, (9:30 AM to 4:00 PM BD time) with 150+ slides & lecture by multiple speakers. We interacted via chat/polling options. We had to install a software in our PC. They provided the link via email, few days before the session. Along with a 40 minute lunch break & few 5-10 minute breaks, the session was kinda interesting. ( Some ppl seemed to know very little about Canada. They asked weird questions ! I guess the session was much more interesting for them ;-) ) It's called a GO (General Orientation session). Main agenda's were: Intro, Discovering Canada, Working in Canada, Living in Canada, Becoming Canadian, next Steps etc.

They will arrange a one-to-one MAP (My Action Plan) session in next few days, with a duration of 90 minutes. In that session they will ask for my resume & provide me with a list of FPP (Focal point partners).

"CIIP Focal Point Partners (FPPs) are key immigrant-serving agencies and colleges in each province that are the first point of contact for CIIP clients, who are strongly encouraged to reach out to these organizations as early as possible pre-arrival to begin the settlement process. These organizations also act as hubs, making onward referrals to other education institutions or organizations that serve immigrants depending on the individual needs of each CIIP client."

The 1st session can also be accessed via android phone or tab. I checked the option but sound quality was low & interaction was tough. You don't need microphone for it, but a speaker is must. I'll provide more update after the MAP session in Friday.
Thanks for sharing the information.

ekarus

Apr 21, 2012
Toronto ON Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
Doc's Request.
Along with application
AOR Received.
April 2011
IELTS Request
Along with application
File Transfer...
May 2011. 'IN PROCESS' from 10 March'14
Med's Request
29 April 2014
Med's Done....
04 May 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29 April 2014...submitted on 18 May 2014
VISA ISSUED...
12 June 2014...passport received 23rd July 2014
LANDED..........
17 September 2014
amit111283 said:
Yes. Most of the Bangladeshi people lives in Scarborough, around Danforth and Victoria Park Intersection. Main reason is Victoria Park subway station. If you really wanna live with Bangladeshi people then try that place unless I would suggest, avoid that area. Believe me you won't gonna love that area. If anyone want to know more detail, please inbox me.

ekarus

Apr 21, 2012
Toronto ON Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
Doc's Request.
Along with application
AOR Received.
April 2011
IELTS Request
Along with application
File Transfer...
Med's Request
29 April 2014
Med's Done....
04 May 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
17 September 2014
amit111283 said:
If you wanna live close to Bangladeshi people or Indian/Pakistani [South Asian infact] people:
1. Scarborough: Around Victoria Park and Danforth intersection [Close to Victoria Park subway station]
2. Scarborough: Apartments in Main and Danforth intersection [Close to Main subway station]
3. Scarborough: Around Midland and Lawrence intersection [Close to Lawrence RT station]
4. Scarborough: Around Eglinton and Kennedy intersection [Close to Kennedy subway station]
5. Toronto [East]: Regent park area [Gerrard and parliament or Dundas and Parliament intersection]
6. Toronto [East]: St. James Town [Parliament and Wellesley or Parliament and Sherbourn intersection]
7. Toronto [Close to downtown]: Don MIlls and Eglinton intersection.

If you are an Engineer or Doctor and wanna work in related field [Though you need to study first]
1. Etobicoke: Bloor West and Islington intersection [Close to Islington subway station]
2. Etobicoke: Bloor West and Kipling intersection [Close to Kipling subway station]
3. Toronto [downtown]: Around King and Dufferin intersection
4. Toronto [downtown]: Around King and Jameson intersection [not recommended though for various reason]
5. Toronto [West] Around Keele and Lawrence intersection
* These areas are quite expensive except 4 and 5

Otherwise you can live anywhere depending on how much you can spend for rent except around Jane street [Most crime area in GTA]. If you found anything close to any subway station [Except Jane subway station], better for you.

Rental guide: http://www.viewit.ca/, https://www.torontorentals.com/

Reactions: nadirakazi

ekarus

Apr 21, 2012
Toronto ON Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
Doc's Request.
Along with application
AOR Received.
April 2011
IELTS Request
Along with application
File Transfer...
Med's Request
29 April 2014
Med's Done....
04 May 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
17 September 2014
Fastener said:
What is the best way, easiest way to bring money from Bangladesh to Canada? I will bring to Canada about 30 Thousand Canadian Dollar.

Thank you.
You can bring any amount you like to Canada when you are entering for the first time as an immigrant. Cash would be a better option if you have anyone who can help you in Bangladesh airport. You don't need to worry about Canada immigration. They just want to know how much money you are carrying and in what currency. You can carry 30K to Canada easily.

ekarus

Apr 21, 2012
Toronto ON Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
Doc's Request.
Along with application
AOR Received.
April 2011
IELTS Request
Along with application
File Transfer...
Med's Request
29 April 2014
Med's Done....
04 May 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
17 September 2014
scorpio939 said:
Any way to rent flat without deposit of usual 6 months advance?
Suppose, I Don't have any guarantor in Toronto. :(
Unfortunately there is no way to do that. You can do Airbnb for a week or less until you found one permanent.

https://www.airbnb.ca/

alibuft

Star Member
May 22, 2015
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 20, 2014
Doc's Request.
CV request on June 10, 2015
Nomination.....
January 21, 2015
AOR Received.
March 11, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
April 02, 2015 with RPRF
Med's Done....
April 04, 2015
Interview........
Alhamdulillah, Waived
Passport Req..
August 04, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
PP submitted: August 18, Visa issued: August 28, PP collected: September 7, 2015
LANDED..........
Alhamdulillah. December 24, 2015
kochi said:
It will depend on your career goal. If you are already admitted in any University or college, rent your house near the college/university or near the subway/bus stand. Most of the Bangladeshi lives in Danforth area. You can also choose that area. Always give priority on the amenities staying nearby your residence like subway, bus stand, school, supershop, bank, etc.

ekarus

Apr 21, 2012
Toronto ON Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
Doc's Request.
Along with application
AOR Received.
April 2011
IELTS Request
Along with application
File Transfer...
Med's Request
29 April 2014
Med's Done....
04 May 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
17 September 2014
FYI for all:

Rental apartments in GTA [Greater Toronto Area] are lease basis. You have to rent an apartment for at least 1 year unless specified or private basement apartment. For landed immigrants, most of the time property management office will ask for guarantors as you don't have any job. Also you need to pay 1st and last month's rent as an advance.

There are also some laws about renting an apartment. Like:
- If you are a family of 3 [parents with an infant/toddler] you can rent a one bedroom apartment.
- If you are a family of 3 [parents with a boy/girl above 3 year old], you need to rent a 2 bedroom apartment.
- If you are a family of 4 [parents with 2 boys/girls above 3 year old], you can rent a 2 bedroom apartment.
- If you are a family of 4 [parents with a boy and a girl above 3 year old], you need to rent a 3 bedroom apartment. A boy and girl can't live in same room though they are siblings.
*Though these laws doesn't maintained in some areas.

- Sometimes you need to pay the hydro [Electricity] bill as an extra. This hydro bill comes every 2 months.
- Before renting an apartment make sure the apartment is bug free. In some areas you might find a lot of cockroaches and even mice also living with you for free.
- In some apartments there are separate garbage bins for recyclable material. You need to garbage them separately. If ignored and the property management caught you, you might count a big money.
- The whole apartment building is inspected by city people once/twice a year by law. So you need to take care of the apartment you live in.Of Course they will inform you a week or two earlier to be prepared.
- If anything happens to your apartment [like water leakage, heater is not working, problem in smoke detector] you need to inform your building super not only verbally but in written format also to be in safe side.

I'll keep you all informed if anything useful comes in my mind. Please don't hesitate to inbox me if anyone is looking for information in some specific matter. I'll try to help as much as I can from my experience.

-Cheerio

ekarus

Apr 21, 2012
Toronto ON Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2011
Doc's Request.
Along with application
AOR Received.
April 2011
IELTS Request
Along with application
File Transfer...
Med's Request
29 April 2014
Med's Done....
04 May 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
17 September 2014
kochi said:
If you wanna live close to Bangladeshi people or Indian/Pakistani [South Asian infact] people:
1. Scarborough: Around Victoria Park and Danforth intersection [Close to Victoria Park subway station]
2. Scarborough: Apartments in Main and Danforth intersection [Close to Main subway station]
3. Scarborough: Around Midland and Lawrence intersection [Close to Lawrence RT station]
4. Scarborough: Around Eglinton and Kennedy intersection [Close to Kennedy subway station]
5. Toronto [East]: Regent park area [Gerrard and parliament or Dundas and Parliament intersection]
6. Toronto [East]: St. James Town [Parliament and Wellesley or Parliament and Sherbourn intersection]
7. Toronto [Close to downtown]: Don MIlls and Eglinton intersection.

If you are an Engineer or Doctor and wanna work in related field [Though you need to study first]
1. Etobicoke: Bloor West and Islington intersection [Close to Islington subway station]
2. Etobicoke: Bloor West and Kipling intersection [Close to Kipling subway station]
3. Toronto [downtown]: Around King and Dufferin intersection
4. Toronto [downtown]: Around King and Jameson intersection [not recommended though for various reason]
5. Toronto [West] Around Keele and Lawrence intersection
* These areas are quite expensive except 4 and 5

Otherwise you can live anywhere depending on how much you can spend for rent except around Jane street [Most crime area in GTA]. If you found anything close to any subway station [Except Jane subway station], better for you.

Rental guide: http://www.viewit.ca/, https://www.torontorentals.com/

mr_ahmed

Star Member
Feb 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22 dec 2016
Med's Done....
28 dec 2016
Passport Req..
13 march 2017
Hi everyone,

i just wanted to ask if CIC has every contacted an applicant's company without informing them?

i ask because our HR manager left the country. and his email and phone number is not active anymore.

our office was also downsized so the phone numbers have changed, but the office address is the same.

any experience, or advise on this? should i try to contact CIC to update them? how can i do that? thank you.