+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL BANGLADESHI APPLICANTS FORUM

RACMONI

Star Member
Nov 26, 2012
nepalking said:
Dear Friends,

I am Duli Chand Poddar (DCP) thanking all of you for your kind support, guidance and/or help in any manner. I had applied for FSW 2014 on November 2014. My NOC is 2172 and timelines are:

1. Application Date: 28th Nov 2014
2. PER date: 16th Feb 2015
3. AOR date: 16th Mar 2015
4. Second Line: 2nd May 2015
5. Medical Request: 6th May 2015
6. Medical Done: 10th May 2015
7. Third Line: 20th May 2015
8. DM/PPR: 30th July 2015

I am planning to relocate to Vancouver on last week of November 2015. Since Vancouver is the best place to live in Canada, North America or Globally. Vancouver is also one of the most beautiful cities in Canada or North America with ample opportunity for varieties domain expertise, tourism and businesses.

My brother is living in Vancouver from past 15 years and holds citizenship of Canada. I request you to let me or my brother know if you need any kind of help/support for your relocation. The support includes but not limited to, medical insurance on arrival, apartment rental, initial and basic requirements, opening accounts, buying vehicles, etc.

Since staying in hotel is very costly during the first few days, it is advisable to rent an apartment immediately on arrival. Please feel free to contact me if you are in India and planning to relocate to Vancouver. And contact my brother directly if you are in Vancouver and finding difficulties for above mentioned requirements.

Contact details:

Duli Chand Poddar in India: +91 8801750207
Mohan Poddar in Canada: +1 604 603 6715
Please share your email....I am coming end of February 2017....I need your assistance...my email.....rachave86@gmail.com. Eagerly waiting

udas1982

Star Member
Dec 21, 2014
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 July 2014
Doc's Request.
03-11-2016
Nomination.....
29 October 2014
AOR Received.
09 December 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
File Transfer...
2nd line 28 August
Med's Request
03-11-2016
Med's Done....
05-11-2016
Interview........
Over Phone on 28/10/2016
Passport Req..
06/12/2016
RACMONI said:
Please share your email....I am coming end of February 2017....I need your assistance...my email.....rachave86@gmail.com. Eagerly waiting

azf_dhaka

Sep 16, 2016
azf_dhaka said:
Questions for Already Landed People:

1. Besides Cash USD, what are the other ways to bring USD at Toronto i.e., TC, Cashier Draft etc. SCB Call Center said ,TC is not allowed

2. Can anybody here did AirBnB in Don Mills, Danforth, Scarborough etc. places? Can we hire/rent apartment from here? any suggestions for rat free and bug less beds specially in apartment houses

3. What will be the weather condition during end of January?

4. When the school session starts? Do they admit students in February/March?

Thanks in advance

Expecting feedback from fellow Bangladeshi collegues

moyeenp

Star Member
Apr 25, 2015
Dhaka
Need opinions from experts-

1. I registered for GCKey user ID
2. Signed in GCKey
3. Input all info in “link application to this account” as per application and passport
4. Search for my application
5. It says –“Based on the information you entered, we found no applications”

I tried it several times and several days, cross checking info again & again & I failed.
Please need your support.

ashif_it

May 20, 2016
moyeenp said:
Need opinions from experts-

1. I registered for GCKey user ID
2. Signed in GCKey
3. Input all info in “link application to this account” as per application and passport
4. Search for my application
5. It says –“Based on the information you entered, we found no applications”

I tried it several times and several days, cross checking info again & again & I failed.
Please need your support.
try selecting the followings

Application details: Application Number and Unique Client Identifier (UCI)

Number of family members, including the primary applicant, that are part of this application: 1

the rest of the information will remain as it is.

nobinq

Jun 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO (Singapore)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 June 2014
Nomination.....
08 October 2014
AOR Received.
14 November 2014
IELTS Request
sent with file
Med's Request
29 April 2015 (second time on 04 October 2016)
Med's Done....
02 May 2015 (second time on 05 October 2016)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26 Oct 2016
VISA ISSUED...
04 Nov 2016
LANDED..........
InshAllah very soon
Any suggestion on how to get Dhaka to Ottowa tickets? IOM only provides tickets from Dhaka to Toronto.

Farhana Kona

Star Member
Aug 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2014
AOR Received.
April 24 ' 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
May 24'2016
Med's Done....
June 09'2016
Passport Req..
Yet to get
VISA ISSUED...
Yet to get
ashif_it said:
try selecting the followings

Application details: Application Number and Unique Client Identifier (UCI)

Number of family members, including the primary applicant, that are part of this application: 1

the rest of the information will remain as it is.
it works ... I did it following the same way above.... Try it...
best of luck....

Alexand

Star Member
Aug 24, 2016
Toronto Ontario Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mute_man said:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/this-is-how-you-succeed-in-canada-t29170.0.html

Hear is my story...take the time to read it, if nothing you might at least save a few pennies and a couple of sleepless nights.

I have been a silent viewer on this forum, I have read a lot of arguments and I appreciate the zeal of most people. The positive approach some people have displayed in spite of all the negative and discouraging information is really inspiring.

I have been in Canada for over 25 months now, migrated from India, to quickly answer some of the biting questions in your head....

1, Am I doing well---Yes I am, maybe not as good as I would have liked it but I am happy.
2, Was I doing well back in India--- Very well.
3, Am I happy to have made the switch----No doubt about that.
4, Did I have to struggle and go through hard times----- Very very hard times, I've had to hang on by my tooth and claws.
5, Would I do it again---Damn sure I would. BUT
6, Would I go about it in the same way that I did----NO, This post is to
help you guys avoid the same mistake that I made and to give something back to people like me 25 months ago, I would have
NEVER been able to do it without the help of many good hearted people,

God bless em. So here is my story......

But before that I just want to mention that I have met a lot of immigrants, some who have done well some not so well and others worse. The common line among all the immigrants were certain qualifications and these are a must according to me and my experience if you have to
succeed, if you don't have these qualifications then you will be putting yourself in deep trouble.

At the risk of sounding dreadfully dull and at a horrible effort at instigating motivation here are the qualification you need to have:

a, Determination... If you are not absolutely determined its a waste of time.
b, Perseverance...The heart to go on in spite of all odds, never failing to loose the strength to take another step, NEVER NEVER give up, its your life and you cant give up on it.
c, Hard work....Try to be the best in whatever you do, don't work hard because you have to or because you are being watched just work hard coz you WANT to. Even if you are polishing shoes and if you are the best in doing that you will achieve glory someday. NOT BORN TO BE A MEDIOCRE
attitude.
d, Good Heart.... A good heart to help people in need, may not just be financially (if that is not possible) but a kind word, a passionate hug, an encouraging line to any fellow in need. A genuine good wish and prayer from someone thankful can even move the Heart of GOD.

So, my story then, My God, its just starting, even I am tired already.

I'll make it short.

Got my visa after a long and painful wait...Quit our jobs, my wife and me (first mistake, will explain later) scooped up all our savings, got our children out of school with appropriate planning so that they don't miss out a year. Did our lil research, said our prayers and got on the
plane. Landed in Vancouver, some website told us that this was the worlds best place to live and raise a family (mistake number two). Checked into the hotel and began house hunting, looked at all the nice neighbourhoods and selected a house based on our budget (third mistake)
so far so good, we thought. Put our kids to school and began the mammoth task of job hunting ( 25-30 days and 2000 dollars down).

Me wife and me are well qualified and based on our experiences we made absolutely wonderful resumes and started applying ( fourth mistake). Amazing responses, calls every day but that was that, stopped at calls after realising we don't have any Canadian qualification or experience.
We were not too worried initially but as time passed it started to get a little uncomfortable( down by 3 months and 4000 dollars). We then started trying to get help and advise from the locals, mixed responses, very conflicting as everyone were from different circumstances. We then
had to downgrade our resumes (as one of the refusal feedback was that we were over qualified) and start applying, still luck eluded us. Every dollar spent was like fire in the belly growing hotter. Five-six months later we were desperate and ready to take any job that was available to
us. A month later, my wife got a job and few weeks later it was my turn to get lucky to get a job.

These were not nearly ideal jobs that we were hoping for but some income was better than nothing. It killed me to see my wife doing data entry who was working for ICICI bank back in India and managing a whole branch and had won many awards for being the best run branch , just typing away
8 hours a day. I never really had the courage to ask how she felt seeing me flip burgers when I had 120 employees working for me at Hewlett Packard back in India.

Though both of us were earning still we were not able to make enough money to stop digging away from our savings. The house rent, bills, travel to & fro to work, food and the most expensive of the lot, child minders for our kids, to pick them up from school and take care until my
wife gets back home. I was working over time, nearly 12 hours a day but could not sustain ourselves, we then switched our plan and I took up night shift and weekends while my wife worked in the day, I would wake up cook and get the kids back home and put them in front of the telly and pass out
on the couch. I was ready to leave for work and would be waiting at the door to rush out to get the train, sometimes I must admit, with wet eyes while walking to the train station.At all time, I tried real hard to put a brave face for my wife and my two little angels, one kiss at the door
everyday was all the interaction I had with my wife. That and kisses from my two little angels is what kept me going.

Even though we had figured out a way to save the child minders costs we were just making enough to live a very limited life. My children deserved more time from us, at least from one of us. I dint want them to grow up without that. I forced my wife to work only part time, moved to
a smaller house, took up work for 12 hours every night, 6 days a week. I could not miss a single days work, no work no money.
Life seemed a little better for a while, at least for my wife and kids.

When all seemed in control ( at least better than a few months ago) another blow (forgive me for saying that but that's what it seemed like at that time), I was hardly with my wife a few times since we started working and she was pregnant for the second time ( we had twins the
first time) in spite of all the caution we had taken. The irony was, we had to try for almost a year the first time around to get pregnant. If that was not all, it was twins AGAIN. The odds of that happening, twins twice, was 10 million to one or so I was told. This was about the time
when I could sense my wife giving up. I could not imagine how we could afford the expenses of additional two babies in our present circumstances.

To cut it short, we had to go through more hardships, we had to move again and again until we were in what one would call a single room apartment.

Was this what we left everything and came here?
Was this the life in Canada?
How could we have been so wrong in our assessment?
Are we losers and should go back home crawling like one?

BUT WAIT NO, I thought,

If I we had the luck of having two twins which is very very rare then we surely should be blessed. And I will not let all the sacrifices my family and I have made go for a waste, I did not want my kids to see their father give up when I have always told them never to give up. I
was even more determined to move on.

Things turned around, of all the mistakes that I made I had done one thing right, I had really put in my best at work, nobody could do stuff in the kitchen like I could. For most people out there this was just a job, for me it was food in my kids bellies and the last straw of hope in
keeping my dreams alive.

I got so many appreciations and management started noticing me, My work was perfect no matter there was someone watching over me or not. As a matter of fact I used to perform even better when I was not supervised. the management quickly saw this and moved the night shift supervisor to
another branch to save costs. There was no impact on the business even though I was all alone in the kitchen all night. It was barely any time I was made a supervisor and I had enough money now and did not have to work 12 hours and 6 days. But I did, as my wife had stopped working coz
of her pregnancy, we took this opportunity to get her to study and get some certifications in her line of work which were recognised in Canada.
She came out with flying colours as she was twice as smart than any certification she sat for. She scored 100% in every damn thing.

We had two healthy little angels again, within four months she started applying with the Canadian certifications and she got a decent job,
within a very short time her employers realised her potential and moved her to a different role with more responsibilities and more salary as well.

She did not eat for two days until I agreed to quit my job and stay home with my kids and take up some kind of studying myself. The first few days after I quit I slept for 15 hours every day, it seemed like heaven as I had not had so much sleep in many months. I
then started studying at home and taking care of the babies while my wife worked. She was getting paid more than what we had earned collectively so it was fine.

I finished a few certifications and also got decent job. We both feel that we can grow in the companies that we are currently in
because of our experience and knowledge and also the effort we have putin to get so far.

We have now moved a good two bed apartment and got ourselves a second-had Ford Mondeo, and now we can see the light at the end of the tunnel and any hope of realising our dreams.

Now let me talk about the mistakes I think I made and what I would have done differently if I had to do this all over again.

1st Mistake -, Quitting both our jobs. My wife was working for an Indian Company( ICICI) but I was working for a global company (HEWLETTPACKARD). I should have tried to get a internal transfer, Global companies do hire from within. I agree that it would not have been easy
but I am sure not as difficult as what I went through. I might have had to go down several levels and wait for maybe a year or two which is still a worthwhile thing to do.

If that was absolutely not possible I would then quit my job leave my wife and kids behind and go to Canada myself.

2, Mistake - Trying to settle down with out first getting a job. If I am alone I can get a temporary accommodation and be more flexible to move where ever there is opportunity, even move to different cities, with
family it is not possible. this will also keep my costs very very low.

3,Mistake - Unless you related to tourism and hospitality industry don't go to Vancouver. Calgary is good for people in oil industry but as a general rule of thumb there are much more jobs in Toronto that any other
place. There are many immigrants there , right, but this is not entirely bad as the employers in Toronto are more used to the Immigrants and are less biased compared to other places.

4, Mistake - I expected to get a great job, like the one I had back in India right away. This does not happen with 99% of the people. You cant just pick up from where you left unless you have some kind of Canadian
qualification or internally transferred from within your company.

As soon as you land get yourself some/any job that you can land yourself in and ensure that your monthly expenditure is less that what you earn. Yes you might have to compromise a great deal on where you live and stuff. Make sure you spend as little money as possible from your savings. Immediately get into some kind of course/certification in your line that is recognised in Canada, use your savings for that. Don't waste even one day.

Make sure once you have secured some certifications and you are looking for a job that is in your line of work. You would already have a job, however bad but a job nevertheless. All your focus should be to get a job in your line of work and not towards getting a little more money, this is because if you get to do something in your line of work you will naturally do well.

Once you have set your foot in and fairly confident its time to get your wife..... NOT KIDS, just wife. I know it can be very difficult to leave kids behind but you will have to make some sacrifices to ensure that you do it the right way.

Now that your wife is there, just get her to do some part time work focus entirely on getting Canadian qualification in her line of work.

Always remember there will be totally unexpected things that will come up ( my wife's pregnancy for example ) and make sure you have put away some money for emergencies, however little, something is better than nothing.

Only get a permanent family home when you and your wife are working, in your respective line of work and the get your kids. Things would have been a lot easier if I had done it this way rather than the way I adopted.

THE SATISFACTION YOU GET AND THE WAY YOUR SELF CONFIDENCE IS BOOSTED WILL BE WORTH ALL THE EFFORT. ONCE YOU HAVE SETTLED IN YOU WILL HAVE VERY FEW AND JUST MUNDANE THINGS TO WORRY ABOUT, LIFE IN CANADA WILL SEEM VERY ENJOYABLE THEN.

Please feel free to ask me any questions that may crop up, I wish this was helpful and God bless you all.
Hello everyone coming to Canada!

This is a older story, but it is important to read it before you pack your bags and come to Canada.

I experienced similar things in Toronto; It took my family 5 years to get half the jobs they used to have back home.

The Government of Canada understands this issue... which is why they have invested in pre-arrival services to help immigrants before they arrive to understand the planning that is needed and give the resources necessary for the entire family to succeed. (there are sooo many free programs and benefits available)

See in the case written above, the family could have received employment assistance before they would have arrived in Canada, information about the child tax benefit, subsidized daycare to help with costs; bridging programs and financial assistance for their education...and so much more...

Check out the entire list of pre-arrival programs offered on the CIC website http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-services.asp

And Register with NextStopCanada.ca if you have questions about how to plan for your life in Canada.

mustaeem

Star Member
Jul 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2014
Nomination.....
27-08-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2014
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
Med's Request
22-11-2016
Med's Done....
26-11-2016, RPRF,PCC - 13-12-2016
Passport Req..
11-01-2017, Submitted: 12-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2017, Received: 26-01-2017
LANDED..........
Insallah During May 2017
Dear Forum members

I am glad to let you know that after 30 month of exhausting wait I have finally received my MR. Those who still havent got positive news please be hopeful and you will get the golden MR.

Application Date: 14.05.2014
Nomination: 27.08.2014
PF: 11.01.2016
PF Replied: 21.01.2016
MR: 23.11.2016

Best Regards

Mustaeem

Farhana Kona

Star Member
Aug 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2014
AOR Received.
April 24 ' 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
May 24'2016
Med's Done....
June 09'2016
Passport Req..
Yet to get
VISA ISSUED...
Yet to get
mustaeem said:
Dear Forum members

I am glad to let you know that after 30 month of exhausting wait I have finally received my MR. Those who still havent got positive news please be hopeful and you will get the golden MR.

Best Regards

Mustaeem
congratzzzz....is it only MR or MR with PCC n rprf????

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
azf_dhaka said:

1. Besides Cash USD, what are the other ways to bring USD at Toronto i.e., TC, Cashier Draft etc. SCB Call Center said ,TC is not allowed
Cash CAD, bank's draft, TC etc.
Another form: Hundi. For example, if you know someone in Canada who likes to send BDT to his/her family/relative in BD. You can pay that family/relative in BD. When you arrive in Canada, he would pay you in CAD. But you cannot declare it as settlement funds.

2. Can anybody here did AirBnB in Don Mills, Danforth, Scarborough etc. places? Can we hire/rent apartment from here? any suggestions for rat free and bug less beds specially in apartment houses
No idea about AirBNB's reputation in North York/Scarborough region.

Could be the worst time of the year. Jan-Feb are considered the coldest winter months. As per Environment Canada, it may not be that cold this winter; but expects to be snowy/stormy/windy.

Elementary/secondary schools start from Sep and end in Jun. I'm not sure if schools accept new students in Feb-Mar although they have legal obligations to admit. Read this for more info: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/school-admissions-read-all-about-it-here-t72241.0.html

Alexand

Star Member
Aug 24, 2016
Toronto Ontario Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
azf_dhaka said:

Thanks in advance
Hello ,

1. you can bring your money in cash,documents that show property or capital payable to you (such as stocks, bonds, debentures, treasury bills, etc.), or
documents that guarantee payment of a set amount of money, which are payable to you (such as bankers’ drafts, cheques, travellers’ cheques or money orders). read more here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

2. AirBnB s are great, Scarborough has different neighborhoods some good... some bad... I advise to get temporary accommodation first. Don't get stuck in a contract before you see the area and the apartment. Also there are law and regulations that protect you which you should know about!

3. Winter is really cold!! Get ready to invest alot in good shoes and jackets. and make sure you live close to public transportation and food stores so that you spend as little as possible walking in the cold! :eek:

4. Newcomer students can begin school at anytime of the year ...except holiday time :D

Contact NextStopCanada.ca for specific information about what you just asked. You will be surprised but there is alot to learn, especially that this information changes often.

they are funded by CIC so it is free to use if you are an immigrant in the process of moving to Canada.

Let us know how it goes! ;)

Best of luck

Alex

mustaeem

Star Member
Jul 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2014
Nomination.....
27-08-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2014
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
Med's Request
22-11-2016
Med's Done....
26-11-2016, RPRF,PCC - 13-12-2016
Passport Req..
11-01-2017, Submitted: 12-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2017, Received: 26-01-2017
LANDED..........
Insallah During May 2017
Farhana Kona said:
congratzzzz....is it only MR or MR with PCC n rprf????
Its only MR as I have submitted PCC with my application. Have received in my CIC account. Didn't get rprf.

falam

Jan 28, 2015
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (SGVO) Transferred to Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
XX 08 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
XX 12 2014
AOR Received.
XX 01 2015
IELTS Request
No.
File Transfer...
Date Unknown
Med's Request
XX 12 2015
Med's Done....
Done On: XX XX 2015 | Additional Docs Rcved by VO:07 01 2016
Interview........
Waived (Prolly)
Passport Req..
PPR: XX XX 2016 | Submitted to VFS: XX XX 2016 | Received by SVGO: XX XX 2016
VISA ISSUED...
XX XX 2016
LANDED..........
In Sha Allah!
nobinq said:
Any suggestion on how to get Dhaka to Ottowa tickets? IOM only provides tickets from Dhaka to Toronto.
You will have to buy DHK to YYZ via IOM, then you will have buy YYZ to YOW.

Shamrajjo

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mustaeem said:
Dear Forum members

Best Regards

Mustaeem
Congrats Bro

+1 for you

It seems SGVO sending only MR for rest of pending files,
After finished MR sending they will start for PPR.

Best of luck.