Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Dec-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
piklu99 said:
Dear all
Greetings! My final destination is Ottawa but my flight will go through like DHAKA- HK- TORONTO- OTTAWA ( Cathay pacific) . So my immigration, first landing, Baggage checks will be done at Toronto or Ottawa?
My ticket is confirmed upto Ottawa (Toronto to Ottawa flight is via Westjet). If my Immigration, Baggage checks are done by CBSA at TORONTO PEARSON then who will put my luggage in Ottawa bound flights? So far I have heard that the TOR- OTTAWA flight is in another terminal i.e: Domestic Airport. Is it WESTJET those who will collect my Luggage or its my duty to do the Luggage Check and then go to Domestic terminal with my own??? Please share your experience.
Thanks in Advance for your help;
dear if you are a Bangladeshi passport holder, as per my inquiry, for Bangladeshi should take visa as long as you are in transit via hong kong also.

Shamrajjo

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
piklu99 said:
Dear all
Greetings! My final destination is Ottawa but my flight will go through like DHAKA- HK- TORONTO- OTTAWA ( Cathay pacific) . So my immigration, first landing, Baggage checks will be done at Toronto or Ottawa?
My ticket is confirmed upto Ottawa (Toronto to Ottawa flight is via Westjet). If my Immigration, Baggage checks are done by CBSA at TORONTO PEARSON then who will put my luggage in Ottawa bound flights? So far I have heard that the TOR- OTTAWA flight is in another terminal i.e: Domestic Airport. Is it WESTJET those who will collect my Luggage or its my duty to do the Luggage Check and then go to Domestic terminal with my own??? Please share your experience.
shejbah said:
dear if you are a Bangladeshi passport holder, as per my inquiry, for Bangladeshi should take visa as long as you are in transit via hong kong also.
Yes brother, if anyone from Bangladeshi passport holder should have HK visa before take any transit or land in HK. So please check with your travel agent or you can call cathey/dragon air for this clarification. in the same time you can ask them if their carrier allow your luggage transfer in domestic transit. Or yourself need to collect luggage from international exit point.

My understanding is you need collect your luggage when you will arrive TORONTO PEARSON. But I have no any practical experience on that route.

Thanks....

scorpio939

Sep 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO -> Manila VO
NOC Code......
1114:Other Financial Officers
App. Filed.......
08-Aug-2014
Doc's Request.
22-Jun-2016
Nomination.....
01-Dec-2014
AOR Received.
13-JAN-2015
Med's Request
22-Jun-2016
Med's Done....
18-July-2016
Passport Req..
14-Dec-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-12-2016
LANDED..........
13-APR-2017
:D :D :D Congratz !!! ;D ;D ;D

zstream said:
Just received AOR!

NOC: 2171
App received: 28 Aug
CC Charged: 19 Nov
PER received : 14 Dec
AOR received: 19 Jan

Wish me luck for the next steps as I need to add my spouse with my application.

SS updated. :D :D :D

M_Bd

Star Member
Oct 5, 2014
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2014
Doc's Request.
21-04-2016
Nomination.....
09-01-2015
AOR Received.
13-02-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
21-04-2016
Med's Done....
24-04-2016
Interview........
Waived, Alhumdulillah
Passport Req..
03-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-05-2016
LANDED..........
16-09-2016
piklu99 said:
Dear all

Dear piklu99,
First of all as I have seen in your post that few peoples are confusing regarding Hongkong transit visa for Bangladeshi passport holder!! I would like to confirm you that if your carrier is either Dragon Air or Cathy Pacific and if you are transiting through Hongkong to catch up your next Dragon Air or Cathy Pacific flight then you DO NOT need any transit visa if you are Bangladeshi passport holder. But mind it, if your carrier is other than Dragon Air or Cathy Pacific then you must need Hongkong transit visa. To verify, you can call to Dragon Air, Dhaka local office.

Another issue regarding your luggage destination, Well, I don't know whether your ticket is a single one or not? i.e. issued by Dragon Air, Dhaka with a single ticket number? or, separate ticket for Westjet with another number? However, please be informed that if it is a single ticket with single ticket number issued by Dragon Air upto Ottawa then you have to collect your luggages from Ottawa, no option to collect luggage from Toronto. Another major issue is, in USA & Canada most of the carrier except Southwest Airlines charges for each luggages US$25/35 for USA/Canada destinations. So if you have separate ticket i.e. issued by Westjet then they will charge for each luggages. But if you have a single ticket issued by Dragon Air then that means you don't need to pay for luggages, you can carry upto 2 pieces 23 KG luggage for free of cost. Your immigration and luggage checks would be done at Toronto Pearson and you have to catch up your Ottawa flight from Domestic terminal. You may request at Dhaka check in counter to collect luggages at Toronto Pearson and check in at Domestic counter at your own, but I guess they won't allow. My experience is, I had a flight from Dhaka--Singapore--Manila route by Singapore Airlines, I had requested at Dhaka check in counter to collect my luggage at Singapore but they refused to do so, so I had to collect my luggage at Manila.I would suggest you to talk to Dragon Air, Dhaka office for confirmation. Because some airlines have no agreement for internal luggage transfer, specially connecting with low cost carrier and USA/Canada flights. To let you know that I had such a bad experience, my flight route was New York JFK -- London LHR -- Bangkok BKK -- Dhaka DHK by Virgin Atlantic Airways and Thai Airways. When I went for check in, the officer informed me Virgin Atlantic do not have agreement for luggage transfer with Thai Airways so I have to check in again at London LHR airport, So I had to cross the immigration at London and after collecting the luggage had to check in again at the counter. And also it would be a problem for you to declare goods at customs because at Toronto Pearson you have to cross the customs without having luggages with you and obviously no question of declaration at customs as you would travel domestic flight from Toronto to Ottawa!! I would suggest you to contact Dragon Air, Dhaka office for luggage collection at Toronto Pearson otherwise issue separate ticket for Westjet and check in at your own but i am afraid it will cost you more!! Hope you got all your answers.

Regards.

shejbah

Apr 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Dec-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
M_Bd said:
Dear piklu99,
First of all as I have seen in your post that few peoples are confusing regarding Hongkong transit visa for Bangladeshi passport holder!! I would like to confirm you that if your carrier is either Dragon Air or Cathy Pacific and if you are transiting through Hongkong to catch up your next Dragon Air or Cathy Pacific flight then you DO NOT need any transit visa for Bangladeshi passport holder. But mind it if your carrier is other than Dragon Air or Cathy Pacific then you must need Hongkong transit visa. To verify, you can call to Dragon Air, Dhaka local office.

Another issue regarding your luggage destination, Well, I don't know whether your ticket is a single one or not? i.e. issued by Dragon Air, Dhaka with a single ticket number? or, separate ticket for Westjet with another number? However, please be informed that if it is a single ticket with single ticket number upto Ottawa then you have to collect the luggages from Ottawa, no option to collect luggage from Toronto. Another major issue is, in USA & Canada most of the carrier except Southwest Airlines charges for each luggages US$25/35 for USA/Canada destinations. So if you have separate ticket i.e. issued by Westjet then they will charge for each luggages. But if you have a single ticket issued by Dragon Air then that means you don't need to pay for luggages, you can carry upto 2 pieces 23 KG luggage for free of cost. Your immigration and luggage checks would be done at Toronto Pearson and you have to catch up your Ottawa flight from Domestic terminal. You may request at check in counter to collect luggages at Toronto Pearson and check in at Domestic counter at your own, but I guess they won't allow. My experience is, I had a flight from Dhaka--Singapore--Manila route by Singapore Airlines, I had requested at Dhaka check in counter to collect my luggage at Singapore but they refused to do so, so I had to collect my luggage at Manila.I would suggest you to talk to Dragon Air, Dhaka office for confirmation. Because some airlines have no agreement for internal luggage transfer, specially connecting with low cost carrier and USA/Canada flights. To let you know that I had such a bad experience, my flight route was New York JFK -- London LHR -- Bangkok BKK -- Dhaka DHK by Virgin Atlantic Airways and Thai Airways. When I went for check in, the officer informed me Virgin Atlantic do not have agreement for luggage transfer with Thai Airways so I have to check in again at London LHR airport, So I had to cross the immigration at London and after collecting the luggage had to check in again at the counter. And also it would be a problem for you to declare goods at customs because at Toronto Pearson you have to cross the customs without having luggages with you and obviously no question of declaration at customs as you would travel domestic flight from Toronto to Ottawa!! I would suggest you to contact Dragon Air, Dhaka office for luggage collection at Toronto Pearson otherwise issue separate ticket for Westjet and check in at your own but i am afraid it will cost you more!! Hope you got all your answers.

Regards.
please don't give wrong information. last year, myself bought online ticket Riyadh to manila with Cathay pacific. Riyadh airport refuse me to give boarding because of no visa for hong kong. as long as, hong kong was my transit only....

M_Bd

Star Member
Oct 5, 2014
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2014
Doc's Request.
21-04-2016
Nomination.....
09-01-2015
AOR Received.
13-02-2015
IELTS Request
Med's Request
21-04-2016
Med's Done....
24-04-2016
Interview........
Waived, Alhumdulillah
Passport Req..
03-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-05-2016
LANDED..........
16-09-2016
shejbah said:
please don't give wrong information. last year, myself bought online ticket Riyadh to manila with Cathay pacific. Riyadh airport refuse me to give boarding because of no visa for hong kong. as long as, hong kong was my transit only....
Dear shejbah,
My brother this is NOT Saudi Arabia, this is Bangladesh. To let you know, my friends and relatives are frequently traveling through Hongkong having Bangladeshi passports without having Transit visa by Dragon Air/Cathy Pacific. This may be limited to USA/Canada/UK/Schengen Countries/Japan/Australia/New Zealand bound passengers from Dhaka and we are discussing passengers traveling from Bangladesh to Canada. Please call to Dragon Air, Dhaka office for confirmation. You might know, any sort of Hongkong visa, it will take minimum one month to process. If your information is true then Dragon Air has to cease their operation from Dhaka, mind it they are carrying hundreds of passengers almost every day to connect them Worldwide from Dhaka and it is impractical to wait for one month for transit visa. I am challenging you and please DO NOT confuse people. Regards

shejbah

Apr 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Dec-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
M_Bd said:
Dear shejbah,
My brother this is NOT Saudi Arabia, this is Bangladesh. To let you know, my friends and relatives are frequently traveling through Hongkong having Bangladeshi passports without having Transit visa by Dragon Air/Cathy Pacific. This may be limited to USA/Canada/UK/Schengen Countries/Japan/Australia/New Zealand bound passengers from Dhaka and we are discussing passengers traveling from Bangladesh to Canada. Please call to Dragon Air, Dhaka office for confirmation. You might know, any sort of Hongkong visa, it will take minimum one month to process. If your information is true then Dragon Air have to cease their operation from Dhaka, mind it they are carrying hundreds of passenger to connect them Worldwide from Dhaka and it is impractical to wait for one month for transit visa. I am challenging you and please DO NOT confuse people. Regards
thx for your advise. but same time, my wife ticket was Cathay pacific (Dragon air) from Dhaka to Manila. we called dragon air office in Dhaka, that time they told that, need visa for hong kong if it is transit also. this is my personal experience as a Bangladesh passport holder. thx

M_Bd

Star Member
Oct 5, 2014
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2014
Doc's Request.
21-04-2016
Nomination.....
09-01-2015
AOR Received.
13-02-2015
IELTS Request
Med's Request
21-04-2016
Med's Done....
24-04-2016
Interview........
Waived, Alhumdulillah
Passport Req..
03-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-05-2016
LANDED..........
16-09-2016
shejbah said:
thx for your advise. but same time, my wife ticket was Cathay pacific (Dragon air) from Dhaka to Manila. we called dragon air office in Dhaka, that time they told that, need visa for hong kong if it is transit also. this is my personal experience as a Bangladesh passport holder. thx
Dear Sir,
No problem. I have already mentioned that this may be limited to USA/Canada/UK/Schengen Countries/Japan/Australia/New Zealand bound passengers from Dhaka and not for all other destinations. One of my friend and friends Bro in law had visited with their family to Canada and USA respectively in past. You can tell this is monopoly business by Dragon Air/Cathy Pacific and strongly NOT appreciable. Well, best of luck. Thank you

ashif_eee

VIP Member
May 31, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
[color=purple][b][font=georgia]Singapore[/font][/b][/color]
NOC Code......
[color=maroon][b][font=cambria]2147 [size=8pt](Comp. Engr)[/size][/font][/b][/color]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[size=9pt][color=blue][font=cambria][b]10th May 13[/b][/font][/color][/size]
Nomination.....
10th Jul 13
File Transfer...
23rd Aug 13
Med's Request
22nd Dec 14
Med's Done....
12th Jan 15
Passport Req..
13th Feb 15
VISA ISSUED...
3rd Mar 15
Got an email from CPC-Ottawa VO for wife's 2014 application:

Dear XXXX:

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

We notice that you have another Permanent Resident application in progress with Singapore Office, and we would like to know if you wish to withdraw the application at CPC-Ottawa or if you wish to continue.
If we do not receive an answer within 30 days from the date of this email, we shall assume that you wish to continue your application.

This is just for ur information guys...:)

I am not gonna respond if I am not going to rcv my PPR from SG between this time....:)

sujan_cs

Star Member
Mar 25, 2014
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
ashif_eee said:

Received Third Line on ECAS yesterday- Medical results have been received.

My medical was done on last Monday, uploaded on Tuesday.
Congrats...

ashif_eee

VIP Member
May 31, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
[color=maroon][b][font=cambria]2147 [size=8pt](Comp. Engr)[/size][/font][/b][/color]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
10th Jul 13
File Transfer...
23rd Aug 13
Med's Request
22nd Dec 14
Med's Done....
12th Jan 15
Passport Req..
13th Feb 15
VISA ISSUED...
3rd Mar 15

ziafsw

May 5, 2014
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore (SGVO)
NOC Code......
1111 (Financial auditors and accountants)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-05-2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with app (27-08-2015 requested outing photos with spouse. 24-09-2016 requested to Complete the spousal Questionaire (IMM5490E))
Nomination.....
24-09-2014
AOR Received.
03-11-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with app
File Transfer...
30-09-2014 (27-08-2015 Return PP & COPR with spouse's documents to add in my app)
Med's Request
12-12-2014 (04-02-2016; Second MR after adding spouse)
Med's Done....
05-01-2015 (23-02-2016; done MR with spouse)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-12-2014 (14-03-2016; PPR with Spouse)
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-2015 (Issued Again with Spouse 04-04-2016)
LANDED..........
21 November 2016
lol. ashif bhai they played more with u for last 1 and half year. now u r playing with them ;D ;D ;D ;D

ashif_eee said:
Got an email from CPC-Ottawa VO for wife's 2014 application:

Dear XXXX:

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

We notice that you have another Permanent Resident application in progress with Singapore Office, and we would like to know if you wish to withdraw the application at CPC-Ottawa or if you wish to continue.
If we do not receive an answer within 30 days from the date of this email, we shall assume that you wish to continue your application.

This is just for ur information guys...:)

I am not gonna respond if I am not going to rcv my PPR from SG between this time....:)

desertfox

Dec 9, 2014
So who among us have created profile for express entry, or is planning to do so?

I do not see much talk about express entry here. So not interested?

ashif_eee

VIP Member
May 31, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
10th Jul 13
File Transfer...
23rd Aug 13
Med's Request
22nd Dec 14
Med's Done....
12th Jan 15
Passport Req..
13th Feb 15
VISA ISSUED...
3rd Mar 15
AKASH ENTO said:
Thank you Arac.Linin via. Yes, I have general passport. And I have already got Canadian immigrant visa as well. My question is that If I take Earned Leave with permissiom of visitinting Canada(GO) from my authority, will the immigration officer at Bangladesh airport make any difficulties as I do not have visit or travel visa.

Regards

Akash
Vaia,

Since u are carrying a general PP and the G.O. (govt order ) for ur leave, then u should fall on any kind of hassle....So dont worry!!

So when u are planing to move vaia...?

All the best...

ashif_eee

VIP Member
May 31, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
10th Jul 13
File Transfer...
23rd Aug 13
Med's Request
22nd Dec 14
Med's Done....
12th Jan 15
Passport Req..
13th Feb 15
VISA ISSUED...
3rd Mar 15
ziafsw said:
lol. ashif bhai they played more with u for last 1 and half year. now u r playing with them ;D ;D ;D ;D

:p :p :p :p :p :p