Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2012
LANDED..........
Landed
Some discussion is going on with Montreal as POE....I landed through Montreal (took Air Canada afterward), and there was no issue. I have 4 more friends who used Montreal as POE latter, had not encountered any issue.

Some folks told me that the immigration officer asks for the for the connecting ticket to show and once s/he finds that with the passenger, s/he doesn't bother. But for my case, no one asked for the connecting ticket. I found them very courteous all through.

Just shared my experience, if it helps.

Thanks and Eid Mubarak in advance!

klmy

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore/Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-1-12
Doc's Request.
Same day
Nomination.....
1-3-12
IELTS Request
Alongwith application
Med's Request
13-5-13
Med's Done....
26-5-13
Interview........
Waived ALHAMDOOLILAH
Passport Req..
26-7-13
VISA ISSUED...
7-8-13
smiling_face said:
Some discussion is going on with Montreal as POE....I landed through Montreal (took Air Canada afterward), and there was no issue. I have 4 more friends who used Montreal as POE latter, had not encountered any issue.

Some folks told me that the immigration officer asks for the for the connecting ticket to show and once s/he finds that with the passenger, s/he doesn't bother. But for my case, no one asked for the connecting ticket. I found them very courteous all through.

Just shared my experience, if it helps.

Thanks and Eid Mubarak in advance!
Thanx a lot for ur valuable information..u have cleared my doubts..:)..May GOD bless you..one question..did u collect ur luggage from Montreal and then again boarded to connecting flight or ur luggage automatically shifted to next flight?

smiling_face

Champion Member
Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2012
LANDED..........
Landed
klmy said:
Thanx a lot for ur valuable information..u have cleared my doubts..:)..May GOD bless you..one question..did u collect ur luggage from Montreal and then again boarded to connecting flight or ur luggage automatically shifted to next flight?
Thanks for your wish....yes, we had to collect our luggage at Montreal, then completed the landing formalities and finally checked-in with Air Canada. In my best knowledge, this is the rule for all the in-bound flight from outside Canada/USA to collect the luggage at POE and to go through customs/security check again. But this is not a big issue.

For any further questions, do not hesitate to contact.

Thanks.

klmy

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore/Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-1-12
Doc's Request.
Same day
Nomination.....
1-3-12
IELTS Request
Alongwith application
Med's Request
13-5-13
Med's Done....
26-5-13
Interview........
Waived ALHAMDOOLILAH
Passport Req..
26-7-13
VISA ISSUED...
7-8-13
smiling_face said:
Thanks for your wish....yes, we had to collect our luggage at Montreal, then completed the landing formalities and finally checked-in with Air Canada. In my best knowledge, this is the rule for all the in-bound flight from outside Canada/USA to collect the luggage at POE and to go through customs/security check again. But this is not a big issue.

For any further questions, do not hesitate to contact.

Thanks.
thanx again...:).. i will be having 3 hours transit at montreal...is it enough for customs clearance and luggage collection???

smiling_face

Champion Member
Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2012
LANDED..........
Landed
klmy said:
thanx again...:).. i will be having 3 hours transit at montreal...is it enough for customs clearance and luggage collection???
I won't say its (3 hour) plenty, but you will be able to complete Insha Allah. The main reason I am telling that the we found the queue very long in the customs where the declaration card will be sealed. Then you need to be headed towards the baggage collection and finally to move to the Immigration for completing the landing formalities.

So, all the queue, delay in baggage collection and the final queue in Immigration are not in your control. Just make sure one thing, if you take any box instead of luggage, and/or any overweight luggage, the those stuffs are coming through belt number 10 (the last one).

What I did for my case, had taken a porter who really guide me through all the way. The porter takes CAD10/luggage and he will finally guide you through until check-in with Air Canada.

Please try to see the following video:

http://www.admtl.com/Site/Gabarits/Globale/FlashPlayer.aspx?fichier=VTS_01_1.f4v&largeur=711&hauteur=475

Also read the paragraph below carefully:

International-Canada
If your flight originated from outside Canada or the United States and you need to take a connecting flight to a Canadian destination, you must clear Canadian customs. It is very important to remember that you must personally pick up your luggage, which you may then leave at the connecting-flight counter located immediately after you leave the customs hall.

You must then follow the normal procedure for Canadian departures and pass through the pre-boarding screening checkpoint “A.” Please note that liquids, gels and creams in containers larger than 100 ml must be carried in your checked luggage. Such items, even if sealed, will not be allowed through pre-boarding screening checkpoints.

Source: http://www.admtl.com/Passengers/Formalities/ConnectingFlight.aspx

Hope these will help.

klmy

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore/Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-1-12
Doc's Request.
Same day
Nomination.....
1-3-12
IELTS Request
Alongwith application
Med's Request
13-5-13
Med's Done....
26-5-13
Interview........
Waived ALHAMDOOLILAH
Passport Req..
26-7-13
VISA ISSUED...
7-8-13
smiling_face said:
I won't say its (3 hour) plenty, but you will be able to complete Insha Allah. The main reason I am telling that the we found the queue very long in the customs where the declaration card will be sealed. Then you need to be headed towards the baggage collection and finally to move to the Immigration for completing the landing formalities.

So, all the queue, delay in baggage collection and the final queue in Immigration are not in your control. Just make sure one thing, if you take any box instead of luggage, and/or any overweight luggage, the those stuffs are coming through belt number 10 (the last one).

What I did for my case, had taken a porter who really guide me through all the way. The porter takes CAD10/luggage and he will finally guide you through until check-in with Air Canada.

Please try to see the following video:

http://www.admtl.com/Site/Gabarits/Globale/FlashPlayer.aspx?fichier=VTS_01_1.f4v&largeur=711&hauteur=475

Also read the paragraph below carefully:

International-Canada
If your flight originated from outside Canada or the United States and you need to take a connecting flight to a Canadian destination, you must clear Canadian customs. It is very important to remember that you must personally pick up your luggage, which you may then leave at the connecting-flight counter located immediately after you leave the customs hall.

You must then follow the normal procedure for Canadian departures and pass through the pre-boarding screening checkpoint “A.” Please note that liquids, gels and creams in containers larger than 100 ml must be carried in your checked luggage. Such items, even if sealed, will not be allowed through pre-boarding screening checkpoints.

Source: http://www.admtl.com/Passengers/Formalities/ConnectingFlight.aspx

Hope these will help.
Thanx bhae for ur suggestions...JAZAK ALLAH

nnfall

Jun 4, 2013
Is it wise to fill up PR card application form in advance to avoid time wasting in landing? How about B4, B4a etc?

beximco

Apr 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore,Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
August 13, 2013
You dont need to fillup any pr card application form, its automatically applied once you land in canada
nnfall said:
Is it wise to fill up PR card application form in advance to avoid time wasting in landing? How about B4, B4a etc?

smiling_face

Champion Member
Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2012
LANDED..........
Landed
nnfall said:
Of course, it is wise to complete the B4, B4A beforehand. Don't know what you meant by PR card application form. I didn't do anything for me.

Thanks.

mosev72

Jul 11, 2012
nnfall said:
As far as I know, PR card application or initiation process gets done automatically at the same time when a person gets his | her immigration done at any given airport. However, it’s wise to have the complete address of the destination handy to provide to the immigration officer. It’s to mail the PR card right at the door on timely basis.

hhshumon

Jan 21, 2013
shahriar.moin said:
i have some questions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am going to Toronto on 5th Nov by emirates.
1. how to book hotel at Dubai??
Yes they provide hotel nearby the airport, but only for the night flight EK585. If you got morning flight or evening flight they will not provide hotel. But there is a catch, if the night flight is fully booked and someone is bound to have the evening flight they will provide the hotel. But never ever for morning flight. I went to Emirates office on the 8th Oct and verified all these issues while I was reconfirming my tickets, seats, meal options ( I requested 02 kids meal for my kids) and hotel for Dubai. They issued me a 2 room accommodation requisition slip against my PNR. Airport check in counters will provide the hotel and meal vouchers while issuing boarding cards. with that vouchers the Dubai immigration issue the exit permit to hotel and it is free of charge.

Just to share, you can check in Emirates online from home 24 hours prior to your flight, and it's very convenient and time saving. You can also choose your seat options at that time. You receive an automated bar coded leaflet with return mail and you need to print it (or take it on the multimedia phone/ i phone) n show it to the airport check in counters. They simply scan it and issue the boarding card, (there is a dedicated desk for online checked in passengers and is usually empty, while there is usually a long que for the Dubai returning workers at ZIA). The other finding had been the weight issue: any one can increase the weight from 23 kilo upto 32 kilo by paying 50 us dollars at the airport and someone can buy additional 23 kilo luggage with 175 USD and upto 300 kilos limit.

And lastly they made me understand again n again, what is what and What I am to do where. They are really cordial in helping you out in every possible way. Cheers and delayed Eid Mubarak to all.

emon999

Sep 10, 2011
Dear Friends,
I am from Bangladesh, and my Visa Office is Singapore. My Immigration Application file have been received by CIC on 7th August, 2013. I applied under the NOC code 1112 (Financial and investment analysts). Based on the changes of rules and duration of application process, can anyone tell me that within how many days from the date of application/application received I will get the file number.

ATTENTION BANGLADESHI APPLICANTS: Anyone who is familiar with the processing time duration, especially who have already received UCI number, please tell the duration of receiving the UCI number from the date of application/application received. I am tensed!!

Thanks & Regards,
Emon

azaman

Sep 15, 2010
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 1 2010
Doc's Request.
October 6 2010
Nomination.....
Doc submit Nov 16, 2010
AOR Received.
January 11, 2011
IELTS Request
Done
File Transfer...
In Process since Mar 7, 2012
Med's Request
November 28, 2012
Med's Done....
December 6, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Sept 2, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 23, 2013
LANDED..........
October 6, 2013
mosev72 said:
As far as I know, PR card application or initiation process gets done automatically at the same time when a person gets his | her immigration done at any given airport. However, it's wise to have the complete address of the destination handy to provide to the immigration officer. It's to mail the PR card right at the door on timely basis.
yes, i landed in Toronto on 6th October and did not require to fill up any form for pr. if you land on any weekdays you can apply for SIN card at the airport. since i landed on a Sunday i had to apply for the SIN card at service canada on Monday. we received the cards on the following week.

zaman

MSE77

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 28, 2011
Doc's Request.
SEPT 09, 2014
AOR Received.
JAN 17, 2012
File Transfer...
FEB 07, 2012
Med's Request
SEPT 09, 2014
Med's Done....
SEPT 16, 2014
Passport Req..
OCT 16, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
NOV 03, 2014
Approximately 3 months needed to get UCI no after received by CIC, Canada if application doc fulfill FSW requirements

emon999 said:
Dear Friends,
I am from Bangladesh, and my Visa Office is Singapore. My Immigration Application file have been received by CIC on 7th August, 2013. I applied under the NOC code 1112 (Financial and investment analysts). Based on the changes of rules and duration of application process, can anyone tell me that within how many days from the date of application/application received I will get the file number.

ATTENTION BANGLADESHI APPLICANTS: Anyone who is familiar with the processing time duration, especially who have already received UCI number, please tell the duration of receiving the UCI number from the date of application/application received. I am tensed!!

Thanks & Regards,
Emon