AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
IP 01.05.2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
klmy said:
thanx a lot for ur suggestion.. i was concerned because somewhere in forum i read that Samsung S3 or S4 will not work in Canada.. :( :(
As i know, It depends where you are going. I heard No Bangdadeshi phone will work in Albara. They have only monopoly business. but samsung s3/4, iphone I heard that it works. If you have any, bring it with you but do not buy a new one!

hhshumon

Jan 21, 2013
ashique_tas said:
While you are arriving first time at Canada you are allowed to bring one container of Household goods e.g furniture,bed etc.you can attached those in a form called goods to follow list(the exact name i am not sure about).I would recommend if you wanna bring ur household furniture such as sofa or bed anything like that you should bring..Cause the cost of those household items are much higher than expected..If u have been settling here and also if you have booked ur house from there, then u should bring those items.Why would you spend so much money at first sight??Cause its tough here for a newcomer to get settled at first couple of months..And also its not an easy job for a newcomer to get a good job at first.for the first couple of months they have to depend upon those money they are bringing along with them.so if you have the option then why would u waste it..Thats totally my personal observation.I didnt bring any stuff of mine with me according to them who are living here..But now I am realizing that i made the mistake..
Please remember, furniture are different there at Canada. Usually when you shift your house everyone throw things straight away as, labor and shifting is expensive there. You better buy new staff cheaper than ur shifting cost sometimes. Huge furniture are associated with huge labor, and you are to pay 5-6 dollars an hour, so...............Segun khat shipped to Toronto might be a night mare unless you are a millionaire, have your own mansion (Detached or semi-detached house with 12'X15' room size) and got into for 5-6 years. These khats would look very peculiar in a tight 10'X9' room with virtually no space for other stuffs. The regular bed will cost you 120-150 dollars with mattress and after 2-3 years when you shift you through away. You can have pretty dinning chair sets (04) for 100-200 dollars solid timber (Check Kijiji and look for furnitures, there you can find loads of furniture for free pickup only, or for few quids). Even if you do have a furniture for free, you are to hire a pickup van for 60 dollars mate... ;) if you dont have a friend with a free pickup van......decision is now yours mate.

My understanding is we buy stuffs, after we settle. (where we get the permanent jobs, kids school and neighborhood etc). Till that time better keep low and go Sunnati style, straight on the floor on mat n mattress. Salam and regards.

aditto

Star Member
Jan 24, 2013
Dhaka Bangladesh.
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hhshumon said:
Yes you can, but nobody recommends carrying LED, LCD and other electrical appliances as these are way too much cheap and sometimes you can have even free. Better carry other important stuffs. You have only 46 kilos per person. Sell these and but new over there. I have families n relatives there and actually no one ever suggested carrying these stuffs, even no curtains, no heavy blackets, no heavy jackets (only 01), no snow boots as these are bit different than we usually use. Better carry dollars and buy from there as appropriate. But you can carry your laptop, mobile, I Pad, DSLR, and use simple 1 dollar voltage converter.
Cheers and maley Bari.

Oh one thing, you browse our earlier posts, we had many discussions on what to take what not to take etc.

Dear Brother
I have 03 kids.
Adult-46 kilos
Children below 12 years - ?

plz.reply.

Aditto.

hhshumon

Jan 21, 2013
aditto said:
Dear Brother
I have 03 kids.
Adult-46 kilos
Children below 12 years - ?
plz.reply.
Aditto.
It is 46 kilo in 02 baggage. But for infants (Less than 02) is 23 kilo in 01 baggage. But you get a perambulator and a cabin bag extra for free. Check the airline web portal for details. Everything is there. Maley bari. ;D

Saydul

Jun 17, 2013
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-2011
Med's Request
09-05-2013
Med's Done....
12-06-2013
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
Request-09 July; Received by CIC-23 July; Dispatched from CIC-22 Aug 2013
VISA ISSUED...
27-July-2013
LANDED..........
InshaAllah on 9 May, 2014
VFS tracking shows below status for my passport -

"Your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office, SINGAPORE on 22/08/2013 to the Canada Visa Application Centre DHAKA . To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website"

My passport was received by SVO on 23-July-2013.

Saydul

Jun 17, 2013
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-2011
Med's Request
09-05-2013
Med's Done....
12-06-2013
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
27-July-2013
LANDED..........
hhshumon said:
Party! Party!! Party!!!.........the 24th August, Saturday, 4 PM on wards: (Till now, suggestions are welcome though)

01. Hoquejamal,
02. hhshumon,
03. haq_bd
04. Joya
05. neel123
06. SKY BLUE
07. Saydul ???
at Bengal cafe dhanmondi 27 or coffee world................................doley doley jogdan korun.
Cheers and maley Bari.

Saydul

Jun 17, 2013
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-2011
Med's Request
09-05-2013
Med's Done....
12-06-2013
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
27-July-2013
LANDED..........
BD_Dhaka said:
Dear Mates

Good Day . I have submitted my passport to DHK VFS on 14.07.2013 and the passport was received in SVO on 17.07.2013. Till now VFS Tracker is Showing In-Process. Can you please Tell me what is the usual time to complete their Job ? and How they will inform me the Visa Has been issued ??

Thanks & Best Regards

BD_Dhaka
What the status showing now?
My passport was received on 23 July. Today the VFS status showing "Your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office, SINGAPORE on 22/08/2013"

muk

Oct 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Passport Req..
Aug 22 2012 Submitted: Sep 02 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 10 2012 Received: Sep 24 2012
Dear GreenBD

Sent you a PM. Please check.

Thanks
muk

Leo12

Oct 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hhshumon said:
Please remember, furniture are different there at Canada. Usually when you shift your house everyone throw things straight away as, labor and shifting is expensive there. You better buy new staff cheaper than ur shifting cost sometimes. Huge furniture are associated with huge labor, and you are to pay 5-6 dollars an hour, so...............Segun khat shipped to Toronto might be a night mare unless you are a millionaire, have your own mansion (Detached or semi-detached house with 12'X15' room size) and got into for 5-6 years. These khats would look very peculiar in a tight 10'X9' room with virtually no space for other stuffs. The regular bed will cost you 120-150 dollars with mattress and after 2-3 years when you shift you through away. You can have pretty dinning chair sets (04) for 100-200 dollars solid timber (Check Kijiji and look for furnitures, there you can find loads of furniture for free pickup only, or for few quids). Even if you do have a furniture for free, you are to hire a pickup van for 60 dollars mate... ;) if you dont have a friend with a free pickup van......decision is now yours mate.

My understanding is we buy stuffs, after we settle. (where we get the permanent jobs, kids school and neighborhood etc). Till that time better keep low and go Sunnati style, straight on the floor on mat n mattress. Salam and regards.
Nice suggestions.

klmy

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore/Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-1-12
Doc's Request.
Same day
Nomination.....
1-3-12
IELTS Request
Alongwith application
Med's Request
13-5-13
Med's Done....
26-5-13
Interview........
Waived ALHAMDOOLILAH
Passport Req..
26-7-13
VISA ISSUED...
7-8-13
Sky Blue said:
As i know, It depends where you are going. I heard No Bangdadeshi phone will work in Albara. They have only monopoly business. but samsung s3/4, iphone I heard that it works. If you have any, bring it with you but do not buy a new one!
m already using one..thats y asking.. :(

saif16

Aug 22, 2013
Hi,

I've applied this year with new rule in noc-2174, my application was delivered (by tnt) at 13th august, and the cap was full in august 22. So i was wondering what are the chances that i'm inside the cap?

Did anyone applied this year, and if yes, did anyone get any reply from them? usually how long does it take for them to return a status about your application?

Thanks in advance.....

BD_Dhaka

Jul 7, 2013
Saydul said:
What the status showing now?
My passport was received on 23 July. Today the VFS status showing "Your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office, SINGAPORE on 22/08/2013"
Dear Mr. Saydul

my status is also same now.......R we going to receive our passports on Sunday or it will be monday to receive ??? :D

hhshumon

Jan 21, 2013
saif16 said:
Hi,
I've applied this year with new rule in noc-2174, my application was delivered (by tnt) at 13th august, and the cap was full in august 22. So i was wondering what are the chances that i'm inside the cap?
Did anyone applied this year, and if yes, did anyone get any reply from them? usually how long does it take for them to return a status about your application?
Thanks in advance.....
No one applied this year from this forum. For your queries they will probably let you know by mail, don't worry. There is no rule when they reply you, sometimes 1-2 months sometimes 1-2 years. This is CIC.
Best wishes n Salam. Shumon.

neel123

Star Member
Nov 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Saydul said:
VFS tracking shows below status for my passport -

"Your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office, SINGAPORE on 22/08/2013 to the Canada Visa Application Centre DHAKA . To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website"

My passport was received by SVO on 23-July-2013.

Congrats :D :D :D

Cheers....

Neel123