26-5-13
Interview........
Waived ALHAMDOOLILAH
Passport Req..
26-7-13
VISA ISSUED...
7-8-13
hhshumon said:
Well, for Bangladeshis, it is not valid an option anymore. The SGVO strongly recommends to use VFS. If in person, it might take more than 2 weeks and in that case (if you dont have strong logic and reasons documented) you are to stay back Singapore for those days. If you dont have relatives its expensive there. If they are not convinced enough, they will not accept the passports over the counter and will suggest to go back n use VFS. You can not be assured that they will return you in 2 weeks. Again they might decline accepting the emergency. So things are bit tricky here. According my understanding:
01. If anyone is visiting Singapore for any other issues, can take a chance requesting them to process it, backed with ur reasons, emergency etc.
02. If only for Canada visa purpose, it's better to use VFS as they might decline to accept the application.
fully agreed

KFH

Star Member
Jan 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
Oct 2012
Med's Done....
completed babys medical on 28 Feb 2013
Interview........
Alhamdulillah waived
Passport Req..
Submitted on 05/07/2013 via Fedex
VISA ISSUED...
July 2013
LANDED..........
Alhamdulillah on September 2013
klmy said:
fully agreed
Or might try authorizing someone then again if In BD I also recommend VFS.

ffarin11

Jun 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 11, 2011
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
April 28, 2011
IELTS Request
Not Required
Med's Request
June 15, 2013
Med's Done....
June 23, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 22,2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 10
KFH said:
Or might try authorizing someone then again if In BD I also recommend VFS.
I saw the abbreviation VFS in so many place, but I don't know what does it mean. what does VFS stand for sorry...

Leo12

Oct 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
klmy said:
i think ur info is not correct ...a few days back one of the forum members collected Visa personally from singapore but its a fact that initially SGVO refused to collect and stamp visa for him and asked him to use VFS service
Thanks a lot.

Leo12

Oct 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hhshumon said:
Well, for Bangladeshis, it is not valid an option anymore. The SGVO strongly recommends to use VFS. If in person, it might take more than 2 weeks and in that case (if you dont have strong logic and reasons documented) you are to stay back Singapore for those days. If you dont have relatives its expensive there. If they are not convinced enough, they will not accept the passports over the counter and will suggest to go back n use VFS. You can not be assured that they will return you in 2 weeks. Again they might decline accepting the emergency. So things are bit tricky here. According my understanding:
01. If anyone is visiting Singapore for any other issues, can take a chance requesting them to process it, backed with ur reasons, emergency etc.
02. If only for Canada visa purpose, it's better to use VFS as they might decline to accept the application.
Thanks for your post regarding this issue. I think we have to prepare our selves accordingly.

hhshumon

Jan 21, 2013
hhshumon said:
Just one last thing to remind you all:
Unfortunately my visa issuance took long 3 month 10 days and they have not given any reasons, what so ever. (Usual trend is 24-30 days with transit time).
I asked and they said, many external bodies n 3rd parties are involved to clear and check my information provided.
I had police clearance from Thailand and UK Scotland yard along with Bangladesh. My intuition is, they took time for rechecking my backgrounds.
Somebody else might have different views tough. This might be a reason to avoid us in person visa collection.
Cheers and Maley bari.................................. ;D

nivrit

Star Member
Apr 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2010
AOR Received.
19-01-2011 from SGVO
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
16 Nov 2012 rcvd: 3 December 2012
Med's Done....
4 December 2012/ 22 February 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14 May 2013
LANDED..........
20-08-2013
Hi All,

Well. I got my good news after 3 year and 7 months as soon as I receive my passport with visa on Monday. I have already landed successfully to Canada on Tuesday (today).

Thanks to all for your support!

Nivrit

klmy

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore/Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-1-12
Doc's Request.
Same day
Nomination.....
1-3-12
IELTS Request
Alongwith application
Med's Request
13-5-13
Med's Done....
26-5-13
Interview........
Waived ALHAMDOOLILAH
Passport Req..
26-7-13
VISA ISSUED...
7-8-13
nivrit said:
Hi All,

Well. I got my good news after 3 year and 7 months as soon as I receive my passport with visa on Monday. I have already landed successfully to Canada on Tuesday (today).

Nivrit
u landed very next day after getting visa :eek:

Sky Blue

Jun 3, 2012
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
IP 01.05.2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
nivrit said:
Hi All,

Nivrit
Congratulation!!! How do u do that? Tell us your landing experience!

BD_Dhaka

Jul 7, 2013
Dear Mates

Good Day . I have submitted my passport to DHK VFS on 14.07.2013 and the passport was received in SVO on 17.07.2013. Till now VFS Tracker is Showing In-Process. Can you please Tell me what is the usual time to complete their Job ? and How they will inform me the Visa Has been issued ??

Thanks & Best Regards

BD_Dhaka

hhshumon

Jan 21, 2013
BD_Dhaka said:
Dear Mates
Good Day . I have submitted my passport to DHK VFS on 14.07.2013 and the passport was received in SVO on 17.07.2013. Till now VFS Tracker is Showing In-Process. Can you please Tell me what is the usual time to complete their Job ? and How they will inform me the Visa Has been issued ??
Thanks & Best Regards
BD_Dhaka
Usually 24-28 days. They won't tell you that the visa is been issued. They will say passports is been released from SGVO rather, and will take 2-3 days for transit. if the PP is at VFS you can check using the VFS tracking number which says passports ready for collection. While your E-cas states Decision made, usually and your address is changed to Toronto, ON Canada. I hope you get your passport within this weekends. they should also send you sms in your mobile, when you are to collect the PP from VFS.
Cheers and maley Bari.

Leo12

Oct 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nivrit said:
Hi All,

Nivrit
How odd you do that???
Landing on very next day!!!
Please bro share your experience.

m.ibrahim

Nov 16, 2011
Qatar
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2011 received at NS
Nomination.....
PER 14-10-2011
File Transfer...
ecas 2nd line..started processing 16-08-2012
Med's Request
10-04-2013
Med's Done....
08-05-2013 Rcvd at LVO 15-05-2013 ecas 3rd line 07-06-2013
Passport Req..
09-07-2013 DM: 28-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2013
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
Nivrit submitted his passport from North America. I guess he was living in USA.

hhshumon

Jan 21, 2013
ffarin11 said:
I saw the abbreviation VFS in so many place, but I don't know what does it mean. what does VFS stand for sorry...
It doesn't stand for anything, it's a name for a company, which processes visa for different countries around the world. Actually it's VFS Global. For Canada they process for Bangladeshi passports. Regs

hoquejamal

Mar 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Doc's Request.
Oct 2010
File Transfer...
In process - 08 March 2012
Med's Request
15 Nov 2012 (issued), 29 Nov 2012 (received)
Med's Done....
Med 04 Dec 2012, Other Doc 10 Dec 2012
Passport Req..
25 Feb 2013, Submitted 26 Feb 2013, Recieved by Visa office 1 March 2013
VISA ISSUED...
9 April 2013
LANDED..........
6 September 2013
hhshumon said:
Isshirey, missed the Adda. Insallah will see you soon. By the time we will have our Adda hre at Dhaka. ;D
A post Eid party. Let's go party......keu ekhon initiative nen bhai. Cheers and maley Bari........ ;D
Dear shumon bhai,

Congrats! I am really very happy to learn about your PR visa.
You have always been a great support to all the forum members.
Why don't we arrange a get together/ post Eid party this Friday at Bengal Gallery or somewhere nearby?
Would like to meet up before leaving for Canada.

Awaiting your feedback. Thanks!