Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
KFH said:
Dear Brother thanks a whole lot. I have a few question regarding proof of funds...do I need to carry the whole amount or the bank statement would be ok?
you need to take Funds with yo either in the form of DD or Cash preferable 20% cash and balance DD or Traveler Cheque in your name payable in CANADA.

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
Saydul said:
Guys, I want to share with you the following advice from one of my Canadian friends:

Bring spring/fall very light jackets. lots T-shirt with or without color, few short/long shrit, lots of under shirt, 2 fotua, 1 panjabi, lots of underware, lots of muza, 1 sandel, 1 leather sandel, 1 suit, 1 sweater. 1 or 2 heavy jackets, couple belts, try to get them all export quality.

For kids, same thing.

For bhabi (wife) - include sari, slawar kamiz etc. u know everything u use.

Since you have less space, whatever you bring it should good quality, nice looking, useful......Think about everyday use items and bring them. This way you do not have to disturb others to bring these for you. If not, no problem......u can buy everything here with $$$.

* Spring (Apr-May) is the best time to come, you get summer (Jun-Sep) to settle here, then fall, then winter (Nov-Mar) comes. Winter is the hardest. It also depends on how much longer time you have to Enter in Canada.

* Student loan is enough to live if both of you take it and no lavish life. But you should have some $ for backup.

in Ontario, $250/month for kids under 18, $100 additional for 6 yrs old n under. Average 1 bedroom apartment rent is about $1000, Food $150/person, utility $60, cable/internet/telephone $150, transportation $120/person. Cost is about $2500 a month give or take depends on what you do. If you buy a car, visit places, lots of party......cost will go high.

If your wife is a doctor, she can try to be a doctor here....hard but possible. She can do some technical sources like ultrasound here to get a job in that area.

Settle up all your assets, sell any problematic assets which will hard for you to deal long distance. Remember assets in Bangladesh grows much faster then here, but most of the people cry as people slowly stop helping them when time goes by, hard to sell by going back there in short time and people don't want to pay proper amount. Bring as-much as u can when u come. This will be ur new home. Don't bring minimum.

Emirate is the best airline, then Etihad. Both has only one transit but one long flight. I also like Qatar. Then Turkey. Kuwait air is not good. These are my opinion.

Bring:

Your cell phone with Bangladeshi sim. You can use it when you travel back there and it will be same number.

Bring mostly cloths, lost of cloths. Summer cloths, winter, spring cloths. Plan for 3 yrs different sizes of closes for your kids, plan slowly and start buying good quality cloths in reasonable price. Think what kind of garments u using through out the year, plus heavy winter jacket....and plan accordingly. These are light in weight and costly to buy. We shop a lot when we come to Bangladesh. But we still have to buy things here. But more u can bring is better. School bag/umbrella from popular leather in New market sells good quality from china. I bought a shoe from Bata for 1300 taka which is less then $20. Normally that quality shoes are $40 or more.

Bring items like your existing jewelry which u might leave with relatives. u might have to pay tax if u do not bring it when u come. Buy good quality/ light weight bag/suitcases. Bring things that can used over n over and they can fit in your bag. Some people bring heavy pataputa, but u can buy a blender, no need to bring patthor unless u really love to us that. Don't bring jacket that is for -100 degree and fill-up your suitcase with 1 piece which I did in 1991. Winter jackets are heavy normally, but you can look for good quality/materials, not too bulky. If you have some nice showpiece, bring them. If you have space bring a nice koraris/cartularies set for your use.

Don't bring:

Don't bring winter boots or electronics. Don't bring any food, everything comes from Bangladesh, everywhere in the world here. You have to think what u use at home, same things u will use here. Don't bring soap, shampoo, toothpaste all these heavy stuff which you can buy in cheap price. Don't bring furniture, car, house etc. Don't bring other peoples stuff.

*** Make sure both of bring all your certificates and official letters in English, Both learn to drive and bring English version. If someone has 5+ years of experience of driving in Bangladesh shows in the drivers license, they can get license here faster. Less you have to practice driving here with instructor, less money will cost you.

Will appreciate your comments/advise. Thanks...
thank you Sayedul, nice advises

Saydul

Jun 17, 2013
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-2011
Med's Request
09-05-2013
Med's Done....
12-06-2013
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
Request-09 July; Received by CIC-23 July; Dispatched from CIC-22 Aug 2013
VISA ISSUED...
27-July-2013
LANDED..........
InshaAllah on 9 May, 2014
aditto said:
Dear brother

How can i participate CIIP Session?
Please Advice.

Aditto
MI-3 forum
Yes you can. Go to the CIIP website and do registration...

Saydul

Jun 17, 2013
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-2011
Med's Request
09-05-2013
Med's Done....
12-06-2013
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
Request-09 July; Received by CIC-23 July; Dispatched from CIC-22 Aug 2013
VISA ISSUED...
27-July-2013
LANDED..........
InshaAllah on 9 May, 2014
KFH said:
Dear Brother thanks a whole lot. I have a few question regarding proof of funds...do I need to carry the whole amount or the bank statement would be ok?

My friends advise me to take amount as per CIC requirement. Taking less amount may have issue during immigration at landing airport.

ShamimBD

Star Member
Jul 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2010
Doc's Request.
Apr 1, 2010
AOR Received.
Jul 19, 2010
IELTS Request
Sent with full documents
File Transfer...
Apr 7, 2010, Updated doc rcvd by VO-21st Feb, 2012 In Process...:April 19, 2012
Med's Request
June 19, 2012
Med's Done....
July 27, 2012, Delivered to Manila on August 13, 2012
Interview........
Waived. RPRF and other docs sent on August 07, 2012, Delivered to SGVO on August 13, 2012
Passport Req..
October 03, 2012, PP sent on 23rd Oct, 2012 and Received by SGVO on 29th Oct, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
November 5, 2012
LANDED..........
February 02, 2013
Congratulations KFH.

Good Luck for your next step.

Regards
Shamim

KFH said:
Alhamdulillah I have received my passports and COPRS...special thanks to the whole forum.

muk

Oct 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Passport Req..
Aug 22 2012 Submitted: Sep 02 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 10 2012 Received: Sep 24 2012
[size=10pt][size=10pt]Crossing the border: documents you need[/size][/size]

[size=10pt]Prepare your documents with care[/size]

If you wish to enter Canada, there are documents you must have in order to cross the border. Without these documents, you will not be allowed into Canada.

You may also need many of the other documents listed below. You may wish to have your important documents translated into English or French before arriving to make it easier for people in Canada to understand them.

[size=10pt]Essential documents[/size]

To enter Canada, you will need to present the following:

A Canadian immigrant visa (if applicable) and Confirmation of Permanent Residence for each family member traveling with you
A valid passport or other travel document for each family member traveling with you
Two (2) copies of a detailed list of all the personal or household items you are bringing with you
Two (2) copies of a list of items that are arriving later and their money value

Do not pack these documents in your luggage. Keep them with you at all times.

Before you arrive, you should prepare two copies of a list (preferably typed) of all the goods you intend to bring into Canada as settler’s effects, showing the value, make, model and serial number, if the item has one. Divide the list into two sections: the goods you are bringing with you and the goods to follow.

Present this list to the border services officer on your first point of arrival in Canada, even if you are not bringing in any goods at that time.

You can make the process easier by completing a B4 form in advance and presenting it to the officer when you arrive. Visit the Canada Border Services Agency website to download a copy of the Form B4, Personal Effects Accounting Document.

[size=10pt]Disclosure of funds[/size]

If you are carrying more than CDN $10,000, tell a Canadian official when you arrive in Canada. If you do not tell an official, you may be fined or put in prison. These funds could be in the form of:

Cash
Securities in bearer form (for example, stocks, bonds, debentures, treasury bills)
Negotiable instruments in bearer form (for example, bankers’ drafts, cheques, travelers’ cheques or money orders)

[size=10pt]Health documentation[/size]

Children in Canada are vaccinated—also called immunized—beginning when they are newborns. Vaccinations help to prevent serious infections or diseases.

When you travel to Canada, bring official documents that state what vaccinations you and your family have already had. If you or your child has not been vaccinated, call your doctor or local public health clinic right away.

In Canada, immunization or vaccination records are required for children to enroll in school.

[size=10pt]Other documents you may need:[/size]

Birth certificates or baptismal certificates
Marriage certificates
Adoption, separation or divorce papers
School records, diplomas or degrees for each family member traveling with you
Trade or professional certificates and licences
Letters of reference from former employers
A list of your educational and professional qualifications and job experience (for your résumé)
Driver’s licence, including an International Driver’s Permit and a reference from your auto insurance company
Photocopies of all essential and important documents, in case the originals get lost (be sure to keep the photocopies in a separate place from the originals)
Car registration documents (if you are importing a motor vehicle into Canada)

ShamimBD

Star Member
Jul 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2010
Doc's Request.
Apr 1, 2010
AOR Received.
Jul 19, 2010
IELTS Request
Sent with full documents
File Transfer...
Apr 7, 2010, Updated doc rcvd by VO-21st Feb, 2012 In Process...:April 19, 2012
Med's Request
June 19, 2012
Med's Done....
July 27, 2012, Delivered to Manila on August 13, 2012
Interview........
Waived. RPRF and other docs sent on August 07, 2012, Delivered to SGVO on August 13, 2012
Passport Req..
October 03, 2012, PP sent on 23rd Oct, 2012 and Received by SGVO on 29th Oct, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
November 5, 2012
LANDED..........
February 02, 2013
KFH said:
I went for landing from USA by Megabus through Peace Bridge with my wife. I took only US$300.00 in cash and US$14000.00 in cashier check from my bank on my name. I did not not convert it to Canadian dollar. They asked me how much fund I have with me. I told that I have US$300.00 in cash and US$14000.00 in check. However, they did not ask me to show the check. I returned to US after 3 days and submitted the cashier check to my bank again to deposit the money.

The immigration at Peace Bridge is small. All my paper works and goods to follow list checking were done in the same counter. I don't remember whether they greeted me in Canada or not but they did not give me any brochure. Megabus driver was waiting for me as the immigration for other passengers was completed well ahead of me. It took about 40 minutes to complete our immigration process.

I am just sharing my experience with the forum members so that they can get benefited in future.

If any of you need any further information, please send me a message.

Thanks
Shamim

muk

Oct 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
WHEN SHOULD WE 'LAND':

After getting the PR visa, we are supposed to complete our 'record of landing', on or before the Visa Expiry Date [mentioned on the visa]. The visa Expiry Date is related to EITHER*:
a) 1yr. from the meds, or
b) Passport expiry date of the PA or anyone of his/her accompanying Dependents
*Whichever of the above 2 is earlier.

WHO SHOULD LAND FIRST:

It is the obligation of the PA to 'land' first. Which can be 'alongwith' one or more or all the accompanying family members. Let it be clear that the PA's dependents CANNOT land first.

PROCEDURE AT THE POE:
Irrespective of which city we chose to land, the 'landing' per se, is a simple process. Before debarking the a/craft we'll be provided with a 'Disembarkation Card/Form'. We take that form & first go to the 'Passport Control'.

At the Passport Control:
Here we need to inform the IO that we have come to do our 'landing'. The IO will check our Disembarkation Card and our passport/s & visa. S/he will then direct us to "Newly Landed Immigrants' Counter".

At the Immigration Counter:
The IO here will scrutinize our Passport/s & COPRs. He would [sometimes may not] ask to see our POF. Most of the times the officer will not count the 'actual' money & accept what we say. But, no false pretensions there. S/he will then fill some portions of the COPR & ask us to sign it, wherein it'll be attached on our passport. We'll be asked to fill-in the 'PR Card Application Form' & give an address where our PR cards will be forwarded within 3-6 weeks. Thereby, s/he would 'Welcome us to Canada' and direct us to another office.

At the Services Canada Office:
The Services Canada section is for assisting the Newcomers' settlement moves. Here we'll get lots of books/pamphlets, that'll provide all the crucial info on Canada and our Settlement plan here. From here will be directed to the CBSA counter.

At the CBSA [Customs] Office:
This is an important location. We are required to present (1) List of Items Accompanying; (2) List of Goods to Follow; (3) Currency Declaration [We'd have to 'declare' any amount of $10K or more]. Lists-1 & 2 must be brought in 2 copies, one would be retained by CBSA and the 2nd copy will be returned back to us. We'll need the 2nd copy when our shipments come-in.

Note: [1] If we are not bringing-in any goods later, we don't need the 'goods to follow list'. [2] At a random the CBSA might 'actually' check the POF here. Thus, no complacency is acceptable. [3] If there are 'jewelry' involved, do not forget to bring 'Printed Photographs' of the same (details later).

muk

Oct 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]ITEMS TO CARRY FROM HOMELAND:[/size][/size][/size][/size]

Very debatable... I would say, do your maths first. Is the extra baggage costs worth the effort? Most items are readily available in Canada, also at very reasonable price.

Ditto for Indian Food & Spices [Rice, Dal, Pickles, Papad (?) etc.] And ditto for Italian [Pasta, Lasagna etc.], Japanese [Sushi, Tapanyaki, Teriyaki etc.], Tex-Mex, you name it.

Besides, many items are also not permitted entry. And there is otherwise a quality/quantity restriction as well. Check the CBSA website for those. Moreover, hiring a container full of goods? I'd say No... No. It may not be worthwhile at all.

What To Take?

1. Personal effects [for imdt use, large quantities... No]
2. General clothing [some warm ones also]
3. Laptop [no desk top, printer etc.]
4. Digicam / Camcorder
5. Heirlooms [heritage collections, murals, artifacts etc.] -Check CBSA rules.
6. Original Certificates / Documents
7. Prescription Medicines
8. Books & DVDs
9. Mobile Phone* [non CDMA] -a NA charger will be needed
*Only GSM850-1900MHz models [that's the Canadian frequency -not all countries have that]

What "Not" To Take?

1. Furniture [whatever, small or big]
2. TV [even if it's an LCD], Fridge, Washing machine etc.
3. Curtains, Bedspreads, Pillows & linens
4. Cars, Bikes etc.
5. Large-sized Toys of kids
6. Food [Perishable or Non-perishable] items
7. Over-the-Counter Medicines
8. Meat or Meat products [including Fowl, Fish etc.]

NOTE: Asian make electronic/electrical items won't work in Canada. [read 230 vs 110 Volts]

muk

Oct 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
KFH said:
Alhamdulillah I have received my passports and COPRS...special thanks to the whole forum.
A great news indeed...............
[size=10pt][size=10pt]Congratulation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size][/size]

nivrit

Star Member
Apr 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2010
AOR Received.
19-01-2011 from SGVO
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
16 Nov 2012 rcvd: 3 December 2012
Med's Done....
4 December 2012/ 22 February 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14 May 2013
LANDED..........
20-08-2013
KFH said:
KFH, congrats. Hope you are very happy now. Give me a call if you have time. I called you and sent a couple of messages.

Nivrit

hhshumon

Jan 21, 2013
Dear All forum mates,
Alhamdullillah got my 04 passports back with visa and CORP after long 3 months 10 days.
Thanks to all my forum mates who took much trouble in sharing my anxious posts and hope everyone get the rest of the processing smooth.
Met Sky Blue bhai at VFS and he also got his passports back with VISA.
Salam again and wish none of our forum mates wait unnecessarily like me.

Best regards and maley bari................................. ;D

muk

Oct 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
hhshumon said:
Dear All forum mates,
Alhamdullillah got my 04 passports back with visa and CORP after long 3 months 10 days.
Thanks to all my forum mates who took much trouble in sharing my anxious posts and hope everyone get the rest of the processing smooth.

Congratulation!!!!!

nivrit

Star Member
Apr 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2010
AOR Received.
19-01-2011 from SGVO
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
16 Nov 2012 rcvd: 3 December 2012
Med's Done....
4 December 2012/ 22 February 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14 May 2013
LANDED..........
20-08-2013
hhshumon said:
Dear All forum mates,

Congratulation Shumon vi. Now its my turn. I have to get it this week!

haq_bd

Star Member
Apr 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO/AUVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alhamdullillah today i have received my 03 passports with visa and CORP from VFS.
Thanks to all my forum mates
Hope smooth processing for all mates

Pray for all of us