+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL BANGLADESHI APPLICANTS FORUM

samin

Jan 28, 2010
Hi all I am planning to land Toronto in june but I need you a advise that we are 3 member me my wife and my daughter who is 6 years but the problem is that my daughter's pasport photograph doesnt' match with her present appearence. Coz the pasport photograph taken while she was 1 yars

any suggestion while passing immigration in Dhaka Airport and her COPR used recent photograph we mad e

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Samin, I will talk about this with an experienced person who travels frequently with his family through the ports you have mentioned. Hope to get you a reliable and informative answer soon.

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
I still dont know why doesnt anyone wanna try Singapore Airlines. What an world class airlines fleet and warm service by the Singapore Girls. They are a bit costly but its worth it. Changi Airport in Singapore is a marvelous spot to watch and buy something. Sumon, call those numbers, they will tell you.

samin

Jan 28, 2010
Hi all bangladeshi friends can we share in this forum when we all are planning to leave Bangladesh for Canada and which airlines

I am planning end of June airlines not decided yet

shirinsyeda

Dec 11, 2009
hi , i applied in feb,from U.S,A, though,my visa office is singapore . i want to know how can i get the police clearance from bangladesh? can anybody tell me the procedure,briefly? it would be a great help for me . thank you ..
another thing, my previous ielts result is going to be expired soon i wan to take it again . but previously i took academic one now i think i would take general can anybody tell me the difference between academic and genera ielts format ?

nasim751

Jan 25, 2009
shirinsyeda said:
hi , i applied in feb,from U.S,A, though,my visa office is singapore . i want to know how can i get the police clearance from bangladesh? can anybody tell me the procedure,briefly? it would be a great help for me . thank you ..
another thing, my previous ielts result is going to be expired soon i wan to take it again . but previously i took academic one now i think i would take general can anybody tell me the difference between academic and genera ielts format ?
Hi,
I am planning for apply FSW catagory but before that i wanna to share some of my confussion with all of you. Actually I have 4 years undergraduate degree from University of Rajshahi and MS.c from same place. Right now i have only Provisional certificate (BS.C and MS.C) and all the transcipt. If i receive AOR from NS and submit all the education documents to the high comm, do you think they will accept my prov certificate or they will ask for original certificate.

Regarding of my job experiance I had job in degree college as a chemistry lect from (July 2004 to Sept 2006). However, in my provesional certificate the mention msc session year in 2002 but examination held in 2004 and msc results pulblished mid of 2005. But i joined as a lecturar in college after finish my msc exam. so, what do you think they will make any problem.
Last question, I have left my previous job from college after 2 years few month then i enrolled as a PhD student overses. After finish PhD i joined as a lecturar in university. Currently i have completed 1 year job from university till date. As i know college lect NOC 4131 and University lect 4121. Can I claim points from both NOC.

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
shirinsyeda said:
Shirinsyeda

Contact with DMP Head Quarter in Minto Road::: Head Quarter 9560661, 9561967 . They have a one stop service center there to provide PCC. get back to us for further details. check your Private message box.

kadesia

Feb 15, 2010
Submitted passport to CHC Dhaka on Jan 14.
ecas changed to Decision made on Feb 1.
Received letter from CHC to collect passport: on Feb 24.
Received passport with visa and COPR from CHC: on Feb 25.

arjo bro, we got the passport+visa and the COPR. did you get yours yet? i am guessing may be your letter got lost in the mail. if you still want to wait, you can wait.

arjo1977 said:
Hello kadesia, i talked to my consultant regarding the same and he suggested me to wait for couple of more days. There is nothing to be worried. So i did not go there today morning.

Many tnx for ur concern bro.

RPN

Star Member
Feb 13, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
June 2010
Hi All,

I am new in this forum. I got my PR visa last Oct'09 and planing to move to Toronto June'10. I have nobody in Canada. Is anybody can help me by giving the information for housing (which area I should look for, what are the average price for 1 bedroom apt. etc...). Regarding the fund I am suppose to take CAD 20K as the number of my family is 4. How can I bring the fund, by cash or in other way. Should I have to bring all the fund upon my arrival. I came to know from bank that we can take US$5000 per adult and US$2500 for Child, in total we may bring US$ 15000.00. Also I booked with Kuwait Airways (DAC-KWI-LHR-YYZ), is this OK or any other airlines. Note: My elder son has travel sickness (vomiting tendency) even we try earlier by air.

Can anybody advice me for the above matter.

Regards,

RPN

shirinsyeda

Dec 11, 2009
@jnathan, thank you sir ,for your reply. would you plse eaborate the procedure , because i m not in dhaka . i would ask my father to do that on behalf of me . so i would be gratful if you describe the whole procedure , thank you .

S

shaon31

shirinsyeda said:
@ jnathan, thank you sir ,for your reply. would you plse eaborate the procedure , because i m not in dhaka . i would ask my father to do that on behalf of me . so i would be gratful if you describe the whole procedure , thank you .
Hi Shirin

Currently I am going through the same procedure. To get a PCC you would need the following things.

i) Tk 250 Bank Draft from Sonali Bank Sonarga Road Branch or NewMarket Branch; keep the challan with you.
ii) A copy of your passport's Bio Data pages
iii) A copy of your National ID Card
iv) An application to the police commissioner DMP mentioning the purpose of the PCC

Please let me know if you need any further information.

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
shirin

you went through the link I provided to you? Its more than i could ellaborate the matter. Its so comprehensive. There is an account # that DMP has with the Bangladesh Bank, you have to write that on the challan, go to that link I PM'ed you.

RPN

Good wished to you, but good wishes alone wont bring any good luck to you for sure, I know its very harsh in Canada if you dont have anyone there, I'd tell you to locate for people who live in Toronto, Montreal and are known by your relatives. I'm telling you, Canadian cities are so expensive for Bangladeshi people, its not Chittagong or Dhaka, One TTC ride from any station to another costs you $2.50-$3.00 ( just checked, its now $3 pe ride, mixing up the subway trans and the buses. There are fixed $120-$150 month pass for TTC. Housing is the costliest thing in Toronto and Montreal, a two room apartment with one bathroom and a kitches will cost you like $1200-$1500 per mo(month).

Again I am telling you, locate for people in Canada who are known by your relatives, ask for homestay with them paying them a fiexd amount. One thousand CAD could run away in minutes whichs impossible in Dhaka or any other asian citites.

For passing out problem of your kid, I have seen that the aircrart journey has not resulted in doing so but you can consult a Doctor in Apollo or Square about this matter. again, you seem more like an introvert guy, ask your colleagues and friends who have travelled with such problems of their kids, more discussion could bring more solutions.

Kuwait Airways is good, good flight attendants, Good Airliners, but their Economy Seats have less space so if you are a tall guy, it could be s nuisance. you will be taken to Kuwait city and from there to London Heathrow by Kuwait Airways and from there to Toronto Pearson Aiport by Air Canada's modern Airbus. its a boring journey over the Atlantic, you'll see !

Do get back to us for more if you want to know like tough scanning in LHR and Pearson Airport.

Can you ask qorax about rental apartments? he took one in

RPN

Star Member
Feb 13, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
June 2010
Jnathan

Thank you. I appreciate your valuable information against my quiry. Actually I am still seaching to find someone in Toronto but I found one of my freinds relative in Montreal who I already talked regarding the housing option. He is trying through someone who is living Baitul Mukaram Mosque area where lot of Bangladeshi's are staying. If I fail to manage than I will stay short term apartment i.e STUDIO 6 and try to find myself later one. How about that. I will also raise the matter with Qorax. As per your advise I will consult with Doctor before I proceed. Kuwait airways fare is competative than others. I really want to know the scaning procedure in LHR and as well as pearson.

Take care.

Regards,

RPN

arjo1977

Star Member
Jan 30, 2010
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2006
Doc's Request.
30-11-2009
Med's Request
30-11-2009
Med's Done....
26-12-2009
Passport Req..
30-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2010
LANDED..........
25-06-2010 (Toronto)
Hello Kadesia,

congrats bro !!!

I have also received visas on the same day, i.e.; 25th Feb. The information been shared in this forum in the same day too.

Planning to move in mid-june or early July to taste the hot summer in toronto, hahaha ...

TC, keep posting.

Tnx

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
RPN

Let me inform you that Montreal is a Frech Dominated city where everyone starts with French, if you start talking in English only then they will do the same. It has always been evident that Bangladeshis have preferred to live alongside their countrymen at the first place, but due to some cultural problems they eventually prefer living with Canadians. if I were you, I'd go alone, get a job there, and then call my family to Canada. Kuwait Airways is good, recently my friends travelled to DAC from JFK by Kuw Airways, they are satisfied. most of the middle eastern airlines have equal standard in serving you in the air.

Scanning is done randomly, I saw people had to take off all except the underwear and seen people didnt have to take off anything. depends on the duty officer, but again, if you are a good person and dont seem like suspicious, you have nothing to worry about the scanning, just co operate with them with smile and a lil bit annoyance on your face.