+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL BANGLADESHI APPLICANTS FORUM

kadesia

Feb 15, 2010
my airline of choice is etihad. their service is great and the in-flight entertainment is excellent. there is a personal tv infront of every seat and you can watch movies/tv shows/cartoons/ play games etc. they have a huge collection of hindi/english/international movies for you to choose from. the flight to Toronto is a long one, so i think having good entertainment is a good way to pass time. the flight departure time from Dhaka is early in the morning, but the transit time in abu dhabi is only 2 hours. etihad fare is also reasonable.

nasim15 said:
Bangladeshi who are planning to fly to Canada which flight to catch?

Etihad leaves at 6:30 am, for which we have to reach airport at 3:30 am which is very inconvenient.Cathey Pacific leaves at 1: 55 am, for which we have to reach airport at 11:00 pm which is also not that convenient.

Emirates fare is too high. Jet Airways passengers has to lay over 8-9 hours at Mumbai or at Delhi and also has another lay over at Loandon or at Brussels.

But there is one carrier (Pakistal International Airlines) which leaves at 5:30 pm and reach toronto at 15:00 on the next day. Airline gives hotel at karachi stopover. After taking full night's peaceful sleep another journey on the next day at 8:45 Pakistan time.Total journey Karachi to Toronto non stop 15 h 15 m. So it is convenient for Bangladeshis. Most bangladeshis are unaware of this flight, I belive.

It is also cheaper than Etihad, Emirates, Cathey and Jet and it allows 2 pcs (28 kg instead of 23 kg) luggage per person to toronto. What else you require?

jalams2000

Star Member
Dec 27, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 July, 2005
Med's Done....
18 Nov. 2009
VISA ISSUED...
Hello Nasim Bhai,

Although it is a bit expensive I have booked for my tickets with Emirates. I have also checked with Etihad where they have quoted Tk.30,000.00 lower for my three tickets than the Emirates. But Emirates time table is good, as per my opinion. From Dhaka it will start at 9.40pm. There is a stop over at Dubai for about 9 hours for that they will arrange hotel accomodation and then at 9.40am their flight will fly from Dubai to Toronto and will reach at about 3.10pm. Yes, they will allow 23kgs of luggage per passenger. I think for a smooth long journey emorates is better. Anyway, when you are planning to land?

Regrads.

samin

Jan 28, 2010
jalams2000 said:
Hello Nasim Bhai,

Although it is a bit expensive I have booked for my tickets with Emirates. I have also checked with Etihad where they have quoted Tk.30,000.00 lower for my three tickets than the Emirates. But Emirates time table is good, as per my opinion. From Dhaka it will start at 9.40pm. There is a stop over at Dubai for about 9 hours for that they will arrange hotel accomodation and then at 9.40am their flight will fly from Dubai to Toronto and will reach at about 3.10pm. Yes, they will allow 23kgs of luggage per passenger. I think for a smooth long journey emorates is better. Anyway, when you are planning to land?

Regrads.
Hi all bangladeshi friends as Government is introducing Machine readable pasport from April 2010 will it affect the person who already got immigrant visa on their old pasport who is planning to travel Canada after April 2010 pls comments on this topic

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
nasim15 said:

Etihad leaves at 6:30 am, for which we have to reach airport at 3:30 am which is very inconvenient.Cathey Pacific leaves at 1: 55 am, for which we have to reach airport at 11:00 pm which is also not that convenient.

Emirates fare is too high. Jet Airways passengers has to lay over 8-9 hours at Mumbai or at Delhi and also has another lay over at Loandon or at Brussels.

But there is one carrier (Pakistal International Airlines) which leaves at 5:30 pm and reach toronto at 15:00 on the next day. Airline gives hotel at karachi stopover. After taking full night's peaceful sleep another journey on the next day at 8:45 Pakistan time.Total journey Karachi to Toronto non stop 15 h 15 m. So it is convenient for Bangladeshis. Most bangladeshis are unaware of this flight, I belive.

It is also cheaper than Etihad, Emirates, Cathey and Jet and it allows 2 pcs (28 kg instead of 23 kg) luggage per person to toronto. What else you require?
nasim15 said:

Etihad is the private carrier, I wouldnt fly with them as they are not even a decade old in the industry.
Emirates is the proved leader in Airlines Industry with the state's name on its wings. My friends flew this Dubai to Toronto Direct and they are utterly appreciating their service. my evaluation is that Emirates is the next best Airlines that can take part in a race of excellence with Star Alliance's other airlines ( leader is Singapore Airlines). ---My Personal Real Experience.

PIA obviously wouldnt be the best choice on the grounds of current unrest in there, could be a target by anyone.
Cathey is good, cheaper--- After Dragon air and Cathey got merged 4 yrs ago, Dragon carries passengers from DAC to HK and then a large BOEING or Airbus carries the rest over the Pacific to Vancouver/LA and then to your desired Canadian city via Air Canada.

arjo1977

Star Member
Jan 30, 2010
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2006
Doc's Request.
30-11-2009
Med's Request
30-11-2009
Med's Done....
26-12-2009
Passport Req..
30-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2010
LANDED..........
25-06-2010 (Toronto)
If someone wants to go Vancouver, they should try Cathay Pacific / Dragon air considering the time, cost and competitive services provided by the airlines.

For Toronto, we should go with middle-east-based airlines.

Regarding PIA, we must consider the recent unrest going in Pakistan.

arjo1977

Star Member
Jan 30, 2010
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2006
Doc's Request.
30-11-2009
Med's Request
30-11-2009
Med's Done....
26-12-2009
Passport Req..
30-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2010
LANDED..........
25-06-2010 (Toronto)
Hello kadesia, i talked to my consultant regarding the same and he suggested me to wait for couple of more days. There is nothing to be worried. So i did not go there today morning.

Many tnx for ur concern bro.

nasim15

Star Member
Aug 15, 2009
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
28 Sep 2009
LANDED..........
10 APR 2010
jnathan said:
Etihad is the private carrier, I wouldnt fly with them as they are not even a decade old in the industry.
Emirates is the proved leader in Airlines Industry with the state's name on its wings. My friends flew this Dubai to Toronto Direct and they are utterly appreciating their service. my evaluation is that Emirates is the next best Airlines that can take part in a race of excellence with Star Alliance's other airlines ( leader is Singapore Airlines). ---My Personal Real Experience.

PIA obviously wouldnt be the best choice on the grounds of current unrest in there, could be a target by anyone.
Cathey is good, cheaper--- After Dragon air and Cathey got merged 4 yrs ago, Dragon carries passengers from DAC to HK and then a large BOEING or Airbus carries the rest over the Pacific to Vancouver/LA and then to your desired Canadian city via Air Canada.
Etihad is the national carier of UAE. What about Machine Readable Passport as raised issue by one of our bangladeshi brother.

nasim15

Star Member
Aug 15, 2009
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
28 Sep 2009
LANDED..........
10 APR 2010
kadesia said:
my airline of choice is etihad. their service is great and the in-flight entertainment is excellent. there is a personal tv infront of every seat and you can watch movies/tv shows/cartoons/ play games etc. they have a huge collection of hindi/english/international movies for you to choose from. the flight to Toronto is a long one, so i think having good entertainment is a good way to pass time. the flight departure time from Dhaka is early in the morning, but the transit time in abu dhabi is only 2 hours. etihad fare is also reasonable.
Etihad is definitely good. But the problem is time. You have to go to the Airport at 3:30 AM. So You have to start from home at 2:00 or something like that.

Sumon

Star Member
Feb 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
09 April 2010
AOR Received.
07 June 2010
File Transfer...
E-status: In process
Med's Request
05 October 2011
Med's Done....
15 October 2011
Passport Req..
05 October 2011
VISA ISSUED...
17 January 2012 (DM)
Dear All Bangladeshi Applicants,

I am new in this group.Ive sent my initial application last week.I have a query regarding police clearance cert from Bangladesh.How can I obtain a police clearnce from a place where i was staying many years back? I know the Police Dept/Thana they usually issue certificate based on your last residential address (need to show evidence from your passport).

Can any one pls help me in this regard.

Sumon

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Sumon, Contact with DMP Head Quarter in Minto Road::: Head Quarter 9560661, 9561967 . They have a one stop service center there to provide PCC. get back to us for further details. check your Private message box.

Sumon

Star Member
Feb 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
09 April 2010
AOR Received.
07 June 2010
File Transfer...
Med's Request
05 October 2011
Med's Done....
15 October 2011
Passport Req..
05 October 2011
VISA ISSUED...
17 January 2012 (DM)
jnathan said:
Sumon, Contact with DMP Head Quarter in Minto Road::: Head Quarter 9560661, 9561967 . They have a one stop service center there to provide PCC. get back to us for further details. check your Private message box.
Thank you jnathan,I am contacting to DMP Office regarding one stop service centre for getting police clearnce.Thanks for your mail.I appreciate ur help.
Sumon

xyz592

Star Member
Jul 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2010
Hi,

Can anyone suggest me how long it takes to get Medical request after received of AOR?

BR;

Xyz

vncviewer

Sep 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
SIngapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-08-09
Doc's Request.
25-09-09
Nomination.....
15-12-09
AOR Received.
23-12-09
dont have any fix timeline. Still i'm waiting. See my timeline .:(

Sumon

Star Member
Feb 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
09 April 2010
AOR Received.
07 June 2010
File Transfer...
Med's Request
05 October 2011
Med's Done....
15 October 2011
Passport Req..
05 October 2011
VISA ISSUED...
17 January 2012 (DM)
jnathan said:
Hi Jnathan,
could u pls send me the link again regardind the steps to get a PPC.I accidently deleted it from my inbox.
Regards,
Sumon