A. Khan

Star Member
Mar 6, 2013
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shahriar.moin said:
Can someone provide me the contact no of IOM and name of contact person. Thanks in advance.
Mr. Jahangir Khan for IOM's special service. His contact no is 01755538208, 01755537244; email address is jkhan@iom.int & travelebd@iom.int

International Organization for Migration (IOM) – Dhaka
House 13/A, Road 136, Gulshan 1
Dhaka 1212, Bangladesh
Mob: 01755 538 208
IOM Information: 01755 537 244
Tel: +8802 988-9765, 988-7978, 988-7980 (Ext. 379)
Fax: +8802 881-7701
Web:- www.iom.int

plan_master

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 -05- 2010
Doc's Request.
6-10-2010
AOR Received.
21-3-2011
File Transfer...
ECAS:INPROCESS from 11-06 2012
Med's Request
14-11-12
Med's Done....
06-12-12 RPRF sent 10-1-13
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18-04-13
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-13 .got 19-05-13
LANDED..........
inshallah september
nivrit said:
I have sent RPRF on 26th Dec and they received on 30th Dec. They processed it on 13th March, 2013.

CIC has to process the cheque within 6 month (not certain though). So, dont worry. Send a CSI if you want!

Nivrit
I sent RPRF 10th jan. They encashed it 15th march

nivrit

Star Member
Apr 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2010
AOR Received.
19-01-2011 from SGVO
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
16 Nov 2012 rcvd: 3 December 2012
Med's Done....
4 December 2012/ 22 February 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14 May 2013
LANDED..........
20-08-2013
hhshumon said:
Would be the best from GPO, and just send fabrics, shoes, non taxable items. Please try.
While I tried the following logistics companies and the finding is following:

TnT (Service Centre +88 02 9890430) for 40 KG they quoted 53,465 BDT.
Aramex: (Service Centre 9896511, 02 9896552) for 23 KG they quoted 35,485 BDT.
FedEX is apperently cheapest most for 23 KG with less than 19,000 BDT.

But anyways just remember thing are really cheap in Canada except clothing. You will avail many household items free, from your friends and relatives. Explore backyard sale and garage sale. These would be damn cheap, some are even free. Believe me you should give a second thought for having so much stuff from B'Desh. Its even difficult to shift your stuff while you shift your house there. You need to leave everything behind as labor/ transport are very expensive over there . Everyone leaves everything back, and buy new for new house, which is worth-it.

Anyways best wishes.
You will find everything here: www.kijiji.ca

There are some more websites from where, you can buy items cheaper! I got a 2 sofa sets and a table even free!

hhshumon

Jan 21, 2013
nivrit said:
You will find everything here: www.kijiji.ca

There are some more websites from where, you can buy items cheaper! I got a 2 sofa sets and a table even free!
Absolutely true. there are so many ways people who are in help, but just one thing to share, be very careful about bed bugs.
Sometimes these thrown away stuff comes with free bed bugs and you are screwed, especially if you have young kids. One of my friends got a free sofa bed (Foot-ons) and got it into his apartment, ended up calling pest control spending 250 CAD to get rid of bed bugs. Again if you have carpet in your room you are absolutely gone under juice. Better to avoid used furniture with cushions, pads, foams, fabrics etc, and if you have better check thoroughly and spray anti insect very well before you set it into your apartment.

Buy your bed fresh and its always good to invest on a healthy mattress. You really need a good sleep to fight well ;). Just kidding.

Cheers mate.

hhshumon

Jan 21, 2013
Guys,
Just wanted to share few things that had been always life saving for my family and worth to accompany with:
(While you start your new individual life abroad and you require little bit of Deshi cooking ;D)

B'Deshi spices: (These would serve you at least 4-5 months, and I prefer grinding my own stuff, not the ready made Radhuni brand)
01. 1/2 Kg fresh Morich Gura,
02. 1/2 Kg fresh Dhoina Gura, 1/2 Kg fresh Jeera Gura,
03. 1/2 Kg fresh Gura Holud,
04. 250 gms Pach Foron (You wont find there, I bet)
05. Mas Calai Dal (Musur Dal is available there but this one is bit rare and I am fond of it)
06. Dry fish (Damn expensive. But need to wrap properly and carefully. 3/4 ply poly with newsparer and body sprayed well. Remember if you are not sure of its proper packing, better avoid shutki. If you get caught, they will retain all your food stuff. (Unfortunately I am a big fan of Shutki)
07. Dry sweets, if you are a fan (Para, Rash Kadam, Gurer sondesh as these lasts really long and can be freezed for 5-6 months)
08. Radhuni Kheer mix (few packs, and these are very good in quick desert)
09. Beef curry mix (you need to cook fast in early days while setting up)
10. Halim mix (It really surprises your friends occasionally)

Of course everything are available (except few) at local stores (probably 'RAJA' Indian brand, bit smelling different from ours, and you need adaptive time to switch to that taste. Again if you find Pran brand, you end up paying 10 times.) You might consider a small pressure cooker as this is not familiar there, and sometimes very helpful for very fast action.

I just wanted to share my experiences, but these helped stupid myself so much, while exploring local markets. Again I am stupid enough to be a very big fan of B'Desh curry cooking smell, which I found very difficult with those locally available Turkish/ Indian spices, and while I demand I am a better cook than my beloved wife ;D.

Cheers and Happy cooking.

istak08

Apr 13, 2013
hello guys!!!

I'm totally new in this forum, so plz help me out guys, i have some question regading 2013 fsw system, if any one know then plz reply the below question.

1. When and how do i evaluate my credential assessment?

2. Proof of fund how many months i have to show?

3. if i get ielts in indivdual section below 6, so that am i eligible or not?

4. For first time sending which document i have to send? with fees or without?

and plz tell me details about the fsw from first to passport required (last section of immigration)

Thanks
Istak

lol94

Jan 20, 2013
efer said:
Dear Seniors,

Can any one help me what are the tests I need to do for medical?

Any precautions before hand I need to take?

Which doctors? people say Wahab. Is he good? ay other suggestions?

Thanks
-

hello efer,I'm also a MI-2 applicants,applied in march 2011, waiting for medical request , did you get your medical request, if you have please mention the date, and any idea when I am going to get medical request?

efer

Star Member
Jan 18, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
lol94 said:
-

hello efer,I'm also a MI-2 applicants,applied in march 2011, waiting for medical request , did you get your medical request, if you have please mention the date, and any idea when I am going to get medical request?
Yes by the grace of Allah I got my Medical. Singapore visa office has shifted many files to Sydney visa office. I think you will get it soon.

Just dont worry at all.

efer

Star Member
Jan 18, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Dear all,

Thanks for your reply.

You may be aware that, Singapore visa office has shifted many files to Sydney visa office. They have asked me to pay the RPRF fees.

In the Fee schedule it is written that

Payment may be provided by: Bank Cheque, Bank Draft or Australia Post Money Order, made payable to the Consulate General of Canada, Sydney (endorsed for collection by any bank in Australia when paying in Australian dollars, or for collection by any bank in Canada when paying in Canadian dollars).

My question to you is

1) What exactly I should write in the Bank Draft.
2) Is RPRF fees only for Principal Applicant and Spouse not for child Right?
3) Is it $490?

Thanks for all you help

pr1979

Aug 26, 2012
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07 May 2010
Doc's Request.
15 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
15 Oct 2010
IELTS Request
Sent to SGVO with all documents
File Transfer...
In process since 26 Mar 2012
Med's Request
09 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
13 Nov 2012, RPRF other docs sent 23 Nov 2012, E-cas: "Medical results have been received." appears on 01 Dec 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28 Dec 2012 - Passport submitted to VFS on 15 Jan 2013, E-cas: "Decision Made" on 03 Feb 2013
VISA ISSUED...
31 Jan 2013, Passport Received from VFS on 18 Feb 2013
LANDED..........
07-06-2013
hhshumon said:
Guys,
Just wanted to share few things that had been always life saving for my family and worth to accompany with:
(While you start your new individual life abroad and you require little bit of Deshi cooking ;D)

B'Deshi spices: (These would serve you at least 4-5 months, and I prefer grinding my own stuff, not the ready made Radhuni brand)
05. Mas Calai Dal (Musur Dal is available there but this one is bit rare and I am fond of it)
06. Dry fish (Damn expensive. But need to wrap properly and carefully. 3/4 ply poly with newsparer and body sprayed well. Remember if you are not sure of its proper packing, better avoid shutki. If you get caught, they will retain all your food stuff. (Unfortunately I am a big fan of Shutki)
07. Dry sweets, if you are a fan (Para, Rash Kadam, Gurer sondesh as these lasts really long and can be freezed for 5-6 months)

Of course everything are available (except few) at local stores (probably 'RAJA' Indian brand, bit smelling different from ours, and you need adaptive time to switch to that taste. Again if you find Pran brand, you end up paying 10 times.) You might consider a small pressure cooker as this is not familiar there, and sometimes very helpful for very fast action.

I just wanted to share my experiences, but these helped stupid myself so much, while exploring local markets. Again I am stupid enough to be a very big fan of B'Desh curry cooking smell, which I found very difficult with those locally available Turkish/ Indian spices, and while I demand I am a better cook than my beloved wife ;D.

Great & very helpful information Shumon bhai. +1 for the post
Akei shathe canadian (available in Canada) moshlao khaben, karon shob shomoi to deshi moshla paiben na. Jate easily adapt kora jai. Eta ke bole parallel conversion.

Qtm_Nat

Star Member
Nov 2, 2012
hhshumon said:
Guys,

GR8 Post. THanks Shumon Bhai

palash17

Star Member
Nov 5, 2012
Kitchener, ON, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2010
Doc's Request.
01-10-2010
AOR Received.
15-03-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with original documents
File Transfer...
IP since 28-02-2012
Med's Request
Issue 15-11-2012 and received 26-11-2012
Med's Done....
Done 01-12-2012, Delivered to Manila 04-12-2012, RPRF & PNW dellivered to SVO 28-12-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Request 14-02-2013, received 26-02-2013, PP recvd by VFS 28-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-2013, released to VFS 10-04-2013, delivered me 15-04-2013
LANDED..........
7 June 2013
Al last I have got my most expecting VISA after 2 years and 11 months journey. Thanks to all for extreme support and wish you all for good result in next course of journey. I will stay with you in every moment of future and I am expecting to leave BD on 6th June. Please pray for me and my family.

A. Khan

Star Member
Mar 6, 2013
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
istak08 said:
hello guys!!!

I'm totally new in this forum, so plz help me out guys, i have some question regading 2013 fsw system, if any one know then plz reply the below question.

1. When and how do i evaluate my credential assessment?

2. Proof of fund how many months i have to show?

3. if i get ielts in indivdual section below 6, so that am i eligible or not?

4. For first time sending which document i have to send? with fees or without?

and plz tell me details about the fsw from first to passport required (last section of immigration)

Thanks
Istak
Answer 1 = CIC is currently finalizing their credential assessment authority. They are going to be effective from 04-May-2013.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2013-03-01.asp

Answer 2 = At any point during the immigration process they check your bank. So, it is advisable to keep the fund in fixed deposit during this entire period to avoid hassle.

Answer 3 = CIC is finalizing the IELTS requirement (6 or 7 or 8 ...). They are going to be effective from 04-May-2013.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2013-03-01.asp

Answer 4 = Send ALL documents the first time with fees. If you do not give them MONEY, they will not even create your file. The list of documents is mentioned at:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5612E.pdf

A. Khan

Star Member
Mar 6, 2013
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
efer said:
Dear all,

Thanks for your reply.

You may be aware that, Singapore visa office has shifted many files to Sydney visa office. They have asked me to pay the RPRF fees.

Payment may be provided by: Bank Cheque, Bank Draft or Australia Post Money Order, made payable to the Consulate General of Canada, Sydney (endorsed for collection by any bank in Australia when paying in Australian dollars, or for collection by any bank in Canada when paying in Canadian dollars).

My question to you is

3) Is it $490?

Thanks for all you help
Answer 1: They must have sent you a letter stating to whom to send the Bank Draft. Anyways, this is to whom you send the Bank Draft "RECEIVER GENERAL FOR CANADA" & get it done from Standard Chartered Bank to avoid hassle. Bank Drafts from HSBC & other banks cause a lot of trouble & CIC faces a lot of hassle to collect the money, so just issue your Bank draft from Standard Chartered Bank.

Answer 2: RPRF is for Principal Applicant & Spouse. Dependent children are not required to pay RPRF.

Answer 3: RPRF is CA$ 490 per person.

casayed

Champion Member
Feb 9, 2011
BANGLADESH
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th March,2011
AOR Received.
No,IP-26th Nov
IELTS Request
SUBMITTED
File Transfer...
4TH JUNE,2011
Med's Request
1st week of December,2012
Med's Done....
1st week of december 2012
Interview........
Decsion made on24th january,2013(NO INTERVIEW)
Passport Req..
along with mr,passport submission on 2nd week of December12
VISA ISSUED...
28th JANUARY,2013
LANDED..........
PLANNING-*in sha ALLAH on 10th june
efer said:
Dear all,

Thanks for your reply.

My question to you is

3) Is it $490?

Thanks for all you help
1.If you pay in AUD then it would be Consulate general of Canada and draw bank address will be in Australia,if you pay in CAD it would be Receiver general for Canada draw bank address will be in Canada
2.Adult will need RPRF,minors do not
3.490 CAD or 490AUD /applicant