Passport Req..
Submitted on 05/07/2013 via Fedex
VISA ISSUED...
July 2013
LANDED..........
Alhamdulillah on September 2013
nivrit said:
Hi,

I checked my e-cas status yesterday and our medical exam reports are received by CIC.

Meanwhile, I collected my babies birth certificate and passport. I will send it to Singapore, tomorrow.

I need following info from my fellow mates:

If SGVO informs us to send our passports, then how do I submit those? I live in Canada. I need to hear from those, who submitted their passports to SGVO from USA or Canada or any country. I checked and found that VFS servies are available only in Bangladesh. Shall we send our passports through FedEx or any courier with a prepaid returned envelope?

Please reply me if you know!

Nivrit
Hi,

we are on the same boat. I have sent my babys passport and medicals. I have heard there is one option of sending the passports to VFS with a prepaid mail service for return postage. I guess fed ex and UPS have that prepaid services u are thinking about. inshaaAllah would notify if I get to that stage before you.

nivrit

Star Member
Apr 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2010
AOR Received.
19-01-2011 from SGVO
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
16 Nov 2012 rcvd: 3 December 2012
Med's Done....
4 December 2012/ 22 February 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14 May 2013
LANDED..........
20-08-2013
KFH said:
Hi,

we are on the same boat. I have sent my babys passport and medicals. I have heard there is one option of sending the passports to VFS with a prepaid mail service for return postage. I guess fed ex and UPS have that prepaid services u are thinking about. inshaaAllah would notify if I get to that stage before you.
KFH,

Its nice to hear from you. Where are you residing now? I am residing in Canada.

So, you are telling to send our passports from Canada to VFS, Bangladesh. Then, they will send it to SGVO. So, we have to pay for FedEx and also VFS.

Can we send our passports directly to Singapore using a prepaid FedEx courier?

I have sent an email to ShamimBD who sent his passports from USA. Lets see what he replies to me!

Nivrit

PQR

Champion Member
Jun 25, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2013
nivrit said:
Hi,

I checked my e-cas status yesterday and our medical exam reports are received by CIC.

Meanwhile, I collected my babies birth certificate and passport. I will send it to Singapore, tomorrow.

I need following info from my fellow mates:

If SGVO informs us to send our passports, then how do I submit those? I live in Canada. I need to hear from those, who submitted their passports to SGVO from USA or Canada or any country. I checked and found that VFS servies are available only in Bangladesh. Shall we send our passports through FedEx or any courier with a prepaid returned envelope?

Please reply me if you know!

Nivrit

slowly but surely your file is progressing.......congratz

PQR

Champion Member
Jun 25, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2013
hhshumon said:
(Ladies please keep away, the following post is not applicable for them)

Dear all married Male forum mates,
Please be equipped with the necessary contraceptives (no matter what format, you use) at least for a year.
Note the expire dates, and dont carry those in your hand luggage (it might be humiliating, and customs might retain those).
For example a packet of Durex containing 3, will cost you CAD 8. Just check Durex price Canada in any search engine.
Also for smokers take your brand as much as possible (you are allowed 1 cartoon/ passport ie 200 sticks/ passport no matter adult of child).
(Please excuse this direct post ;D, I thought would help many of our friends, as its really tough to buy over there.)
Cheers!!!
thanks

PQR

Champion Member
Jun 25, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2013
nivrit said:
Soarer vi, thanks for your suggestion. I will contact shamimBD soon.

Vi, Canada theke Singapore 1200$ er niche flight pawa tough. Etodin basa e jete pari nai economic problem er jonno. Ekhon ei purpose e Singapore jete ichhe korche na! Please show me alternatives rather go to Singapore!!
ekhane onekei aus/eng theke pp pathieche vfs e through courier, you may contact fedex or dhl and see what they suggest and also you can ask svo for a solution through a cse

Ahmed B

Star Member
May 4, 2012
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-03-2010
Doc's Request.
04-05-2010
File Transfer...
11-05-2010
Med's Request
02-07-2012
Med's Done....
15-07-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2012
LANDED..........
In April'13 insha Allah

KFH

Star Member
Jan 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
Oct 2012
Med's Done....
completed babys medical on 28 Feb 2013
Interview........
Alhamdulillah waived
Passport Req..
Submitted on 05/07/2013 via Fedex
VISA ISSUED...
July 2013
LANDED..........
Alhamdulillah on September 2013
nivrit said:
KFH,

So, you are telling to send our passports from Canada to VFS, Bangladesh. Then, they will send it to SGVO. So, we have to pay for FedEx and also VFS.

I have sent an email to ShamimBD who sent his passports from USA. Lets see what he replies to me!

Nivrit
I am currently at USA. About directly mailing SVO I think it is possible. But let me look for any concrete info. meantime if u get something pls share.

Regards
KFH

ShamimBD

Star Member
Jul 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25, 2010
Doc's Request.
Apr 1, 2010
AOR Received.
Jul 19, 2010
IELTS Request
Sent with full documents
File Transfer...
Apr 7, 2010, Updated doc rcvd by VO-21st Feb, 2012 In Process...:April 19, 2012
Med's Request
June 19, 2012
Med's Done....
July 27, 2012, Delivered to Manila on August 13, 2012
Interview........
Waived. RPRF and other docs sent on August 07, 2012, Delivered to SGVO on August 13, 2012
Passport Req..
October 03, 2012, PP sent on 23rd Oct, 2012 and Received by SGVO on 29th Oct, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
November 5, 2012
LANDED..........
February 02, 2013
nivrit said:
KFH,

Nivrit
I sent the bellow response to Nivrit. I am posting it here considering that it may help others as well.

I used FedEx to send my passport to Singapore from USA. Though there is a risk of losing your passport in the middle of transportation, I had to take the risk as I had no other options. FedEx will not provide any extra security for your passport. But I did not hear any such kind of incident of losing passport.

I also sent a prepaid return FedEx envelope and an authorization letter for SGVO to return my passport through FedEx courier service (I don't know whether this is required or not. But I might have read somewhere that you have to provide an authorization letter to SGVO that they can send your passport through courier service).

The process I followed is as bellow:

1) I created an account online with FedEx USA

2) Then, I created a shipment online to send my passport to SGVO address. I selected the document type: Passports. I also selected the service type: international priority and package type: FedEx envelope. I paid the charge online using my credit card. When the shipment was created, I printed the label for sending my passport to SGVO. I took my passport and other documents to a FedEx office. They provided the envelope, took my printed label and attached with the envelope. They will not charge anything again.

3) When I was creating the shipment there was also an option to create return shipment but I did not find any option to choose from Singapore to USA. Then, I contacted with FedEx office and they informed me that to make a return shipment, you have to login to Singapore FedEx site with the same username & password I used to create my account with FedEx USA.

4) I followed the same process to create the return shipment from SGVO to my address after login to Singapore FedEx website. In this case, I used the document type: Immigration documents. Here, the problem is that you don't know when SGVO is going to return your passport. Also, the FedEx website will give you to make any shipment for next 10 days only (I forgot exact days). So you will not be able to choose a date of shipping one month later from today. I used the maximum late date that the website allowed me to create for return shipment. Here, I talked with FedEx office, they informed me that if the return date is within 2-3 weeks of the date specified in the shipment, it is OK and there is no problem. But if it is too late like 4-5 weeks, Singapore FedEx may charge some additional money from your credit card. For my case, they did not charge any. I also printed this shipment label and took to the FedEx office. They attached the label with an envelope and put inside the envelope that I was sending to SGVO.

5) I also requested in the cover letter to SGVO to inform FedEx office when my passport is ready to send so that they can pick up the envelope from SGVO. I provided the FedEx office number of Singapore found in the web and told to follow if they have any other better way to inform FedEx Singapore that a package is ready to pick up. I think FedEx regularly visits to SGVO for pick up and drop off letters, so that is not a problem.

6) When I was creating the return shipment I selected the Pickup/Drop-off: Drop off package at FedEx location.

7) There is also an option when you create the shipment that you will be notified through email about your shipment's processing. So, FedEx will send you an email notification, when they get the envelope to process from SGVO and you know that your passport is coming back to you.

It took 5 business days to reach my package to SGVO but the return service was pretty fast. I received it with 2 days after shipping from SGVO.

I hope the above information will help.

Regards
Shamim

nivrit

Star Member
Apr 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2010
AOR Received.
19-01-2011 from SGVO
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14 May 2013
LANDED..........
20-08-2013
ShamimBD said:
I sent the bellow response to Nivrit. I am posting it here considering that it may help others as well.

I used FedEx to send my passport to Singapore from USA. Though there is a risk of losing your passport in the middle of transportation, I had to take the risk as I had no other options. FedEx will not provide any extra security for your passport. But I did not hear any such kind of incident of losing passport.

I also sent a prepaid return FedEx envelope and an authorization letter for SGVO to return my passport through FedEx courier service (I don't know whether this is required or not. But I might have read somewhere that you have to provide an authorization letter to SGVO that they can send your passport through courier service).

The process I followed is as bellow:

1) I created an account online with FedEx USA

2) Then, I created a shipment online to send my passport to SGVO address. I selected the document type: Passports. I also selected the service type: international priority and package type: FedEx envelope. I paid the charge online using my credit card. When the shipment was created, I printed the label for sending my passport to SGVO. I took my passport and other documents to a FedEx office. They provided the envelope, took my printed label and attached with the envelope. They will not charge anything again.

3) When I was creating the shipment there was also an option to create return shipment but I did not find any option to choose from Singapore to USA. Then, I contacted with FedEx office and they informed me that to make a return shipment, you have to login to Singapore FedEx site with the same username & password I used to create my account with FedEx USA.

4) I followed the same process to create the return shipment from SGVO to my address after login to Singapore FedEx website. In this case, I used the document type: Immigration documents. Here, the problem is that you don't know when SGVO is going to return your passport. Also, the FedEx website will give you to make any shipment for next 10 days only (I forgot exact days). So you will not be able to choose a date of shipping one month later from today. I used the maximum late date that the website allowed me to create for return shipment. Here, I talked with FedEx office, they informed me that if the return date is within 2-3 weeks of the date specified in the shipment, it is OK and there is no problem. But if it is too late like 4-5 weeks, Singapore FedEx may charge some additional money from your credit card. For my case, they did not charge any. I also printed this shipment label and took to the FedEx office. They attached the label with an envelope and put inside the envelope that I was sending to SGVO.

5) I also requested in the cover letter to SGVO to inform FedEx office when my passport is ready to send so that they can pick up the envelope from SGVO. I provided the FedEx office number of Singapore found in the web and told to follow if they have any other better way to inform FedEx Singapore that a package is ready to pick up. I think FedEx regularly visits to SGVO for pick up and drop off letters, so that is not a problem.

6) When I was creating the return shipment I selected the Pickup/Drop-off: Drop off package at FedEx location.

7) There is also an option when you create the shipment that you will be notified through email about your shipment's processing. So, FedEx will send you an email notification, when they get the envelope to process from SGVO and you know that your passport is coming back to you.

It took 5 business days to reach my package to SGVO but the return service was pretty fast. I received it with 2 days after shipping from SGVO.

I hope the above information will help.

Regards
Shamim
ShamimBD vi,

Your reply helped me to relieve from a lot of confusions. Thanks a lot for your reply!
I will make profile in FedEx and follow what your suggestions.

Take care!

nivrit

Star Member
Apr 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2010
AOR Received.
19-01-2011 from SGVO
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14 May 2013
LANDED..........
20-08-2013
PQR said:
ekhane onekei aus/eng theke pp pathieche vfs e through courier, you may contact fedex or dhl and see what they suggest and also you can ask svo for a solution through a cse
Thanks PQR for your info. When you are planning to move?

bdzahid

Nov 17, 2009
any news for pre2008 applicants, please (talking about the so called 280000 backloggers and other 20000 got somewhat of CIC touch!)? I have been hearing that March/13 would bring some news for those old fellows.

soarer

Aug 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Forum Mates,

Yesterday I received our passports with visa stamped. Thank you all for providing valuable suggestions and important information at various stages of this long journey. Wish you all who are waiting for MR, PPR and Visa will get it soon.

soarer

Aug 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
But, I have got a problem as on the CORP form for my spouse, the place of birth is written as Sirajsanj instead of Sirajganj. Would it create any complexity?

zaman1234

Feb 24, 2013
Dear Bangladeshi Senior Applicants,
I need your advice on my situation. I am self employed. Running a small IT company. And I have another partner. My role is more matched to IT Manager job description for which I am hoping that on coming May, this occupation will be on the list.

I was going through the checklist Document Checklist for FSWC. There I found that "Self Employed Individuals must provide documentation from 3rd Party Individuals indicating the service provided along with payment details. Self declared main duties or affidavits are not acceptable." This in on number 12 of the checklist.

Now my question is: Can anyone please tell me, as I am in IT, who can be the 3rd Party Individuals? My clients? Is it okay if this declarations are done by my partner in the business?

Please let me know.

Ziaul

Jan 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 August,2010
AOR Received.
PER on 24Nov,2010
File Transfer...
February2,2011
Med's Request
9 Janu, received 14 January, 2013
Med's Done....
17 January, 2013; Arrived to Phillipine 22.1.2013
Interview........
04 Dec, 2012; Dhaka
Passport Req..
08 March, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
16 May, 2013; Received 22 May'13
LANDED..........
27 Sep'2013
soarer said:
But, I have got a problem as on the CORP form for my spouse, the place of birth is written as Sirajsanj instead of Sirajganj. Would it create any complexity?
A great congrat.

I think, you may make a cse.
Thanks