05-01-2013, RPRF, PCC, Med received 03-02-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-04-2013
LANDED..........
25th July 2013
GTL said:
ID Name Med reached Manila RPRF reached SGVO PR Dt. VFS submit Dt. Visa Stam Dt. Planned Travel Dt.

1) Meto 23 June-12(MR Done) 02 July 2012 02-Dec-12 09-12-12 Waiting
2) Indianajones 31-Oct-2012 20-Nov-12 06-Dec-12 11-Dec-12 06-JAN-2013 28 July 2013
3) casayed xx-Dec-12 xx-Dec-12 With MR 20-Dec-12 waiting
4) Spondon 14-Nov-12 22-Nov-12 29-Oct-12 19-Nov-12 03-Dec-12
5) MMH_BD 15-Nov-12(MR Done) XXXX 27-Dec-12 waiting waiting
6) mzabd 15 Nov (MR done) 23 Nov 12 2 Jan 13 6 Jan 13 waiting
7) S Mark 22-Nov-12(MR Done) XXX 19-Dec-12 waiting waiting
8.) Classical_beat 22-Nov-12 26-Nov-12 20-Jan-13 waiting waiting
9) rana22april 03 -Dec-12 14-Dec-12 9-Jan-13 14-Jan-13 02-Feb-13 August 2013
10)BDimmigrants 03-Dec-12 05-Dec-12 10-jan-13 Waiting Waiting
11)Beximco 04-Dec-12 24-DEc-12 15-Jan-13 15-Jan-13 06-Feb-2013 July 13
12) Dhaka121 7-12-12 17-12-12 06-Dec-12 11-Dec-12 10-JAN-2013
13) MS127 06-Dec-12(MR Done) 27-12-12 03-Dec-12 20-12-12 waiting
14) Moyrzg 13-dec-12 12-dec-12 13-dec-12 waiting waiting
15) sohel4math 29-Dec-12(MR Done) XXXXX 26-Nov-12 17-Jan-13 waiting
16) pr1979 17-Nov-12 30-Nov-12 28-Dec-12 15-Jan-13 waiting
17) mthjay 21-Oct-12 01-Nov-12 20-Nov-12 17-Dec-12 16-Jan-2013
18) PQR 02-Dec-12(MR Done) 25-Dec-12 22-Jan-13 23-Jan-13 waiting
19) shantonu 05-Oct-12 XXXXX XXXXX 27-Dec-12 waiting
20) Colors 12-Dec-12(MR Done) 27-Dec-12. 27-Nov-12(With MR) 27-Dec-12 waiting

21) ruparupa 8-Dec-12 14-Dec-12 30-Jan-13 waiting waiting
22)Soarer 21-Nov-12 23-Nov-12 waiting waiting waiting
23) GTL 04-Dec-12 10-Dec-12 waiting waiting waiting
24) Hoquejamal 04-Dec-12 10-Dec-12 25-Feb-13 Waiting Waiting
25) palash 17 04-Dec-12 28-Dec-12 26-Feb-13 waiting waiting

26)plan_master 06-dec-12(MR Done) 08-01-13 waiting waiting waiting
27) nivrit 04-d3c-12(MR Done) 02-Jan-13 waiting waiting waiting
28) khan14. 25-Nov-12 07-Dec-12 waiting. waiting waiting
29) mhasanrana 31-Dec-12 (MR Done) 01-Jann-13 26-Feb-13 waiting waiting

30)Robin 28-Nov-12 (MR Done) 19-Dec-12 19-Feb-13 waiting waiting
31) rick_dhaka 05-Nov-12(MR Done) 09-Nov-12 waiting waiting waiting
You could enlist me here as well.

Colors

Aug 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Raj_Hoque for your kind information I am not PANICKED

For your Kind Information this particular information is quoted from http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-border-interview.asp
& shared with a view to inform / assist to my fellow forum members to Prepare themselves Mentally to face Interview Process as suggested by CIC. I took cic as an authentic source of information, you might differ from me :), best wishes & Take Care

Raj_Hoque said:
Colors...I haven't faced those interview which you are talking about. Even never heard that much struggle people have to go who are known to me...well..which you are talking about interviews now a days most are in written forms...you have to answer in paper by tick rather than verbal information...so nothing to be panicked...
Colors said:
Interview process
Arrive ready for two interviews

When you arrive in Canada, you will have to go through two screening interviews. If all of your documents are available and in order, your interviews should be over quickly.

First interview—official documents

An officer from the Canada Border Service Agency will greet you. The officer will ask to see your visa and travel documents and check to make sure that you and any family members traveling with you have the proper travel documents. The officer will find out about your health and will ask you questions similar to those on the immigrant application form.

Be prepared to answer these questions:

Are you traveling with your family?
Have you been convicted of a serious crime in your home country?
How long do you plan to stay in Canada?
How much money do you have with you?
Are you healthy?
Have you been to Canada before? Were you required to leave?
After you complete your first interview, you will meet with another officer from the Canada Border Services Agency. This officer will check the items you are bringing with you. At some ports of entry you will work with the same officer twice.

Second interview—personal goods

The second interview is for you to declare what you are bringing with you into Canada.

The officer will ask to see your declaration card. You must tell the officer you have arrived in Canada to immigrate. At this point the officer may direct you to another area for the customs procedure.

You must give the officer the list of the items you are bringing with you and a list of the items that will be arriving later. The officer will go through both lists with you and may ask questions about some of the items. The officer may also inspect your luggage.

Be prepared to answer these questions:

What are you bringing with you to Canada?
Do you have any live animals or plants with you?
Do you have any firearms, ammunition or fireworks with you?
Do you have any meat or dairy products with you?
Do you have any fresh fruits or vegetables with you?
Do you have any items from endangered species?
Do not give false answers

You must answer all of the questions truthfully. It is a serious offence to make a false statement. If you make a false statement you may not be allowed to stay in Canada. If you are well prepared and you have no items that are not allowed in Canada, the process will go quickly.

If there are no difficulties, the officer will sign your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and authorize your entry into Canada as a permanent resident.

Thanks

Colors

Aug 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sohel4math said:
General information about rental housing in Ontario

http://www.settlement.org/topics.asp?section=HO:LIVEONT

What kinds of housing are common in Ontario?
Whether you rent or buy, you can choose from many different types of housing.
Here are some common examples:
• Apartment (suite, flat)
 Usually includes 1 bedroom or more, a kitchen, a bathroom and a living room. A bachelor or studio apartment has 1 room for sleeping and eating.
 May be in a building or a house.
 There are highrises (6-30 stories high with an elevator) or lowrises (fewer than 6 stories high, often with no elevator and called a "walk-up").
 Generally, apartments are owned by a landlord and managed by a superintendent who lives in the building.
• Condominium (condo)
 A type of home ownership where you buy a unit in an apartment building or townhouse complex, but do not own the land. Owners sometimes rent condos to tenants.
 Condominium owners join together in a corporation and elect a board of directors to manage the building and the land. Each owner pays his or her own mortgage, taxes, utilities and a monthly fee towards property maintenance.
• Duplex and Triplex
 A house that is divided into 2 or 3 separate apartments, one on top of another. The owner of the house may live in one of the apartments.
 May be a detached house, semi-detached house, or a townhouse.
• Room (shared accommodation)
 A room in an apartment, house or other type of accommodation that is rented to 1 person. The tenant usually shares the kitchen, bathroom and living room with other tenants.
 Furniture is often included. Meals may be included.
Some types of housing may be more available in certain cities.
Many community agencies can help you find information about renting or buying a home. To find help in your area, go to Services Near Me.
For More Information
• Choosing a Safe Place to Live – Tips to help you choose a safe neighbourhood and building to live in.
• Child-Friendly Neighbourhoods - Information about how to choose a healthy neighbourhood for children.
• An Introduction to Renting in Canada - A guide for tenants and landlords.
• Settling in Canada - Profiles of some of Canada's major cities and regions.

How can I find housing before I arrive?
Finding housing is a difficult task at the best of times. Finding a place to live before you've even arrived in Canada will not be easy, but it is not impossible. It is important to keep in mind that what you might consider adequate accommodation in your country of origin might be very different here.
There are a number of ways to start looking for housing before you arrive. Since places can be quite different from how they look in pictures, it is recommended to see the place in person before you make the final decision to rent or buy it.
• Send a family member ahead of time
If possible, a family member could arrive 1 - 2 weeks before the rest of your family. This person could stay in a hotel or hostel for that short period and find appropriate accommodation for the rest of your family. Once here, they could access the services listed below, especially settlement agencies.
• Housing help centres
Housing help centres help people find affordable housing. Usually it is free to use this service.
• Settlement agencies
Settlement agencies provide services to newcomers, including help with finding housing, employment, and access to any other service or information you need to get settled.
• Classified Advertisements
Local newspapers usually have advertisements for house renting and buying. Landlords usually place their ads 1 - 2 months before they want someone to move into their property. It's not a good idea to rent a place without seeing it first in person. However, visiting these ads will give you an idea about the price and availability.
• Real Estate Rental Services
Also known as Property Rental Management or Rental Locators. Although they usually work with landlords, some of these companies help tenants find housing. There is usually a fee for this service.
• Phonebook
The phonebook (or the "Yellow Pages") lists real estate rental services.
Many community agencies can help you find information about renting or buying a home. To find help in your area, go to Services Near Me.
How can I look for rental housing?
There are many different ways you can look for an apartment or house to rent in Ontario. Here are some examples:
Bulletin Boards
Look in community centres, laundromats, grocery stores and other local businesses. If you are a student, check the boards at college and university housing services.
Classifieds
The advertisement section of major daily newspapers and weekly community newspapers have list rentals. You can read the newspaper for free at public libraries. Many newspapers let you search their classifieds ads online for free. Find your local community newspaper's website.
Family and Friends
Many people find places to rent through personal contacts. Ask your friends, family, co-workers and others if they know of any places that are available.
Rental Guides
These guides are free. Look for them in boxes on street corners or in store entrances.
Rental Listing Websites
There are many websites that list rentals. Here are some examples and you can use a search engine to find others.
* These listings are for your information only. Settlement.Org does not recommend or endorse any particular listing.
• Craigslist
• GottaRent.com
• GSC Rentals
• homeTRADER.ca
• Kijiji
• Rent Compass
• Rentit.ca
• RentSeeker
• Viewit.ca

Rental Locators
These are private companies that search for housing for you. There is usually a fee for this service.
Signs
Walk around neighbourhoods that interest you and look for signs that say "For Rent" or "Vacancy" in front of apartment buildings or in house windows. Even if there is no sign, you can ask if any apartments are available or will become available soon. Ask if you can be put on a waiting list.
Housing help centers and community agencies maintain lists of rentals. To find help in your area, go to Services Near Me.

How much does it cost to rent an apartment in Ontario?
The numbers in this article are from the Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation.
Published in 2011.
The cost of renting an apartment or house depends on the size (number of bedrooms), the community and neighbourhood where it is located, and the age and condition of the apartment or house.
Prices vary from city to city and from year to year. Generally, smaller cities have lower rental costs than larger cities.
You can find information about average rent prices in past years in CHMC Rental Market Reports. For local rental market information, please contact your local CMHC branch. You can also look in the classified ads in your local newspaper or check online housing listings. You can also call a housing help centre or community agency about rental pricing and trends. To find help in your area, go to Services Near Me.
Private Apartment Average Rents (C$) by Bedroom Type, 2011
Bachelor 1 Bedroom 2 Bedroom 3+ Bedroom
Barrie C$681 C$884 C$1,001 C$1,126
Brantford 654 726 792 900
Guelph 620 797 903 1,036
Hamilton 549 722 884 1,133
Kingston 623 804 965 1,215
Kitchener 608 751 889 1,010
London 533 710 881 1,053
Niagara Region 555 699 833 926
Oshawa 669 819 941 1,075
Ottawa 727 899 1,086 1,322
Peterborough 610 769 899 1,122
Sudbury 510 688 840 923
Thunder Bay 518 641 772 959
Toronto 819 977 1,149 1,349
Windsor 482 625 753 880

Source: COSTI Immigrant Services

Nice Information brother, thank you so much :)

PQR

Champion Member
Jun 25, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2013
hoquejamal said:
Thanks to all my dear forum mates who are my constant advisers and inspiration, as well.
Really appreciate it!

Here I came to share the reply from VFS:

Dear Applicant,
Your visa application reference number: DHAKXXXXXXXX has been received by the Canadian High Commission, Singapore on:26/02/2013.

Pray for us. May god fulfill all our wonderful dreams ahead!

P.S. What do you think, when shall I get the desired visa? :p
another step completed........congratz........it should take another2/3 weeks

PQR

Champion Member
Jun 25, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2013
mhasanrana said:
thank u pqr. apni kobe jaben thik korechen?? ticket kottheke korlen plz janaben.

rana
insha Allah ei month e jabo, turkish er price (march) 115000 +/- (all booked), ticket ekhono korini

hoquejamal

Mar 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Doc's Request.
Oct 2010
File Transfer...
In process - 08 March 2012
Med's Request
15 Nov 2012 (issued), 29 Nov 2012 (received)
Med's Done....
Med 04 Dec 2012, Other Doc 10 Dec 2012
Passport Req..
25 Feb 2013, Submitted 26 Feb 2013, Recieved by Visa office 1 March 2013
VISA ISSUED...
9 April 2013
LANDED..........
6 September 2013
PQR said:
another step completed........congratz........it should take another2/3 weeks
Thank you PQR vai.
VFS e track korlam, dekhacche 1/3/2013 e Singapore Visa office passport peyeche :)

Raj_Hoque

Feb 13, 2012
Bangladesh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-2012
LANDED..........
December 30, 2012
Badal789 said:
Rupa apa,
If you refer to my earlier posts about references - it is not important to use from own professions. Personally I recommend to use persons who are really helpful not the one at all you have doubt that may give negative words.
I was the Procurement Director while engineers from Technical Deptt. used my name and later I gave strong recommendations for them. Now time of email and mobile(cell) so easy to communicate. For that better to use one reference from your old workplace.
Thanks ruparupa, Smark and hhSumon. Apart from Badol Bhai's post I would recommend to provide name of a person who is doing a better job and possessing high position here in Canada. As you have never work here in Canada so it would be worthless to provide name of reference from your old company. Rarely they would call in BD to verify about you. I have provided the name of my senior bro from University of Windsor who is Associate Director of Bell and is in very high position. In Canada if they want to verify about me they can easily call him and get to know about me. So better to get the reference from someone who is working in good position here in Canada.

Colors...no disrespect. I know you are referring from CIC website. But reality is not the same as is written in CIC website. When I applied it was written in CIC website that our files will be processed in 9-12 months? Has it been the same? I guess no. Anyway..better to be prepared for all kinds of situation.

apu2838

Mar 3, 2013
Hi,
Good day everybody.
I applied on Oct'06 and sent documents on Jan'10. I checked CAIPS and found I had awarded required points.
I had "In Process" status before in CAS online(Client Application Status). And it showed they have received my application on 02-Oct-2006 after clicking that.
Last few days it shows a blank Status.
1. What does it mean?
2. Does it mean they are sending my Refund as following Notice:
News Release – Government of Canada transforms economic immigration program
Date: Ottawa, March 30, 2012
(As announced in Economic Action Plan 2012, Citizenship and Immigration Canada is planning to refund fees and return stale applications from nearly all those applicants who applied under the dated criteria in existence before February 27, 2008.)

Thanks a lot.

Regrds,
Shafayet

HAQSA

Mar 3, 2013
Dear Readers,
I'm a silent reader of this forum. This is my first post. I'm living and working in Saudi Arabia. I'm a M-I applicant and my visa office is Singapore. Alhamdulillah , recently I got PPR. But facing difficulties to submit my Passport. Need your advice.
As we are outside Bangladesh we can't submit our passports ( we are 3 in my family) to VFS, Dhaka. I asked courier services here. Aramex and Fedex refused to carry passports outside Saudi Arabia. DHL agreed to carry but not all 3 in one packet, for 3 passports have to use 3 separate envelops ( 3 times charge ). Most important , DHL have no return service, that means they are not agreed to take our passports back from Singapore.
I sent mail to Canadian embassy, Riyadh. Canadian Embassy informed me that they are not dealing with permanent resident visa.
I sent a mail to Singapore visa office, not yet get any response from them. What should I do now ?

GreenBD

Star Member
Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2010
Doc's Request.
18-03-2012
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
24-02-2011
IELTS Request
sent with initial application
Med's Request
feb'2013
Interview........
exempt
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 2014
LANDED..........
In sha Allah 1st week of April 2014
HAQSA said:
Dear Readers,
I'm a silent reader of this forum. This is my first post. I'm living and working in Saudi Arabia. I'm a M-I applicant and my visa office is Singapore. Alhamdulillah , recently I got PPR. But facing difficulties to submit my Passport. Need your advice.
As we are outside Bangladesh we can't submit our passports ( we are 3 in my family) to VFS, Dhaka. I asked courier services here. Aramex and Fedex refused to carry passports outside Saudi Arabia. DHL agreed to carry but not all 3 in one packet, for 3 passports have to use 3 separate envelops ( 3 times charge ). Most important , DHL have no return service, that means they are not agreed to take our passports back from Singapore.
I sent mail to Canadian embassy, Riyadh. Canadian Embassy informed me that they are not dealing with permanent resident visa.
I sent a mail to Singapore visa office, not yet get any response from them. What should I do now ?
Dear Haqsa,

One of the applicant (ItsBeenLongNow ) from saudia arabia sent his passport to London by Fedex and got back by Aramex. So, try a different branch of Fedex. Or you can contact the mentioned member by sending him a PM as he recieved his visa and passport while he was in KSA few days before. Follow the link where he mentioned about that.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/chc-london-passport-tracking-here-t71189.2580.html

Best regards,

GreenBD

hhshumon

Jan 21, 2013
HAQSA said:
Dear Readers,
As per my understanding, there might be a few options,

01. Send the passports to some of your relatives at Dhaka (Along with 03 letters of consent for submission and collection to VFS and its a must) by DHL. Once everything is done He/She will send back the passports to you guys. This will take atleast 45-50 days, and you can not travel during this period.

02. There should be an option for DHL (Please check, as I have done this before for UK from Bangladesh) drop and collection, where you pay for both way postage, and when Singapore is done they call DHL, they collect and re-post to you back. Remember you need to describe everything in a forwarding letter to the VISA guys. The problem with this is, sometimes the Visa office might over look the situation and end up screwing.

03. The 3rd option would be, get a week holiday (Ramadan is soon and you should have holidays, if situation demands give them a letter for a time extension, they usually consider time extensions, and these are common.) and go to Singapore by yourself along with your family's consent letters and collect the visas within 3 working days. (Most expensive, yet the easiest, headache free)

I hope this helps. Salam.

hhshumon

Jan 21, 2013
apu2838 said:
Hi,
Good day everybody.
I applied on Oct'06 and sent documents on Jan'10. I checked CAIPS and found I had awarded required points.
I had "In Process" status before in CAS online(Client Application Status). And it showed they have received my application on 02-Oct-2006 after clicking that.
Last few days it shows a blank Status.
1. What does it mean?
2. Does it mean they are sending my Refund as following Notice:
News Release – Government of Canada transforms economic immigration program
Date: Ottawa, March 30, 2012
(As announced in Economic Action Plan 2012, Citizenship and Immigration Canada is planning to refund fees and return stale applications from nearly all those applicants who applied under the dated criteria in existence before February 27, 2008.)

Thanks a lot.

Regrds,
Shafayet
The usual cases for closing/ refusing applications are annotated by 'Decision Made' . Its most of the time usually.
If ecas is not accessible, there should be a software difficulty, an update issue or something technical I believe.
We all pray for you to have your difficulties passed.

Lets hope and pray. Best regards.

Mun

Star Member
Apr 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
april 2010
Doc's Request.
june 2010
File Transfer...
june 2010
PQR said:
insha Allah ei month e jabo, turkish er price (march) 115000 +/- (all booked), ticket ekhono korini
Dear PQR,
ei price ki business class er?

rgds

Mun

Spondon

Star Member
Apr 12, 2010
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2010
Doc's Request.
11-06-2010
AOR Received.
02-11-2010
Med's Request
29-10-2012
Med's Done....
10-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
31-12-2012
LANDED..........
07-04-2013
Thanks Raj_Hoque bhai for such a informative post. This will be very helpful for me. Can you please share more about the community hospitals? Can I also take this service from your mentioned hospital? Is there any criteria to get this kind of discount? Please note that I will stay in east York area.

...Spondon

Raj_Hoque said:
Thanks to all Forum members for wishing me and bless my son.

Today I brought my son and wife back home. Just to inform you all in response to Spondon's query that total cost of the delivery with C-Sec comes to CAD 4,500. Then community services has arranged a discount of CAD 2,400 and hospital gave me a discount of CAD 1,400...so remaining is CAD 700. I went to Cashiers office at the hospital today but they seemed not willing to get the payment from me yet. Then I asked them to send me bills at home to settle later.

Notice: Discharge from hospital has nothing related to payment. They don't ask for payment before you leave like what happened in BD. My son has got a ready made Health Card Number where me, wife and daughter have to wait till end of March to get the HC number and get it effective.

Please Note: Sun Life Insurance will cover any types of accident or emergency...not the pregnancy or delivery...

Another important thing I wants to share with all of you who are coming to Canada: please start building your network with your relevant professional people...pro jobs are easier to get when you have a good reference (except doctor and architect - My wife is an architect as well. You need to have 5000 hours of working exp under a licensed Architect to avail license here). I didn't want to share it earlier as it would show arrogance but sharing now that I'd got an offer from a land line phone company on 5th Feb...eventually I had to turn the offer down as my wife was pregnant and unable to take care of herself and my daughter. But it came through a very good friend of mine. So please start building your network if you want to work in your own profession. I met many of my old friends and colleagues who came to Canada in 2010 & 11 and now doing professional job mostly in telcos coming after just 3-4 months. Please don't jump into the odd jobs right away. Take your time...try every possibilities...have faith on yourself...if others can do you can do also...you are no less than others...keep your eyes wide open and take right decision always...remember you are coming as FSW and you all are doing the best job in BD where doing job is much critical and cumbersome than here...if you are doing good in BD then you must do better here...that's my opinion...Others may have other opinion and views...but I'm just sharing what I have experienced...Good Luck to all of you...

soarer

Aug 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Forum mates, by the grace of almighty Allah yesterday I received PPR, which was issues one month back and sent via post.