Passport Req..
not yet
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
Colors said:
In my opinion:
1. We are waiting for this (MR/PPR) since 2010.
2. We are planning to settle down in Canada (General Interest, exceptions not mentioned)
3. If we send through VFS, it will take approx 1-2 months
4. Will take another 1 Month to Purchase Ticket (Subject to availability and Will charge more if you are looking for a nearest date)
5. If you can reach there ASAP you might have a good chance to get a job coz in winter jobs are available due to rough weather, in summer you better ready for a challenge as students will also searching for jobs.
6. As we are planning to settle down there (Canada) we need to face the challenge at earliest and prepare ourself accordingly.
7. If we submit Passport in person we can at least save or ahead of 2-4 months

So in my very personal opinion, those who wants to reach Canada soon please submit in person. Though it will cost you some money but you can earn it in dollars if you reach earlier. Tk 83.90 = 1 Cad today

End of the day decisions is only yours, listen to all but decide by yourself. Please don't misinterpret or misunderstand the whole issue. It's my personal evaluation of this scenario, nothing else
Thanks & Best wishes for all of us
Bhaireeee apni shorboshakulle oi 1/2 mash'e save korben jeta kina VFS'er maddhome pathale lage....ticket kinte 1 mash lagle seta sinagpore giye visa niye ashleo 1 mash'e lagbe....3/4 bochhor wait korar por 1/2 mash'e ar ki jay ashe? ar apnar'to ticket kena chharhao nishchoi aro onek preparation achhe...PP submit kore oishob preparation nite thakben...packing ase...jara job korchhe tader resign korte hobe, release nite hobe....relative'der sathe jabar age dekha korte hobe.... koto kaj!!! eigula korte kortei to apnar visa chole ashbe....taina?

Colors

Aug 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ruparupa said:
Bhaireeee apni shorboshakulle oi 1/2 mash'e save korben jeta kina VFS'er maddhome pathale lage....ticket kinte 1 mash lagle seta sinagpore giye visa niye ashleo 1 mash'e lagbe....3/4 bochhor wait korar por 1/2 mash'e ar ki jay ashe? ar apnar'to ticket kena chharhao nishchoi aro onek preparation achhe...PP submit kore oishob preparation nite thakben...packing ase...jara job korchhe tader resign korte hobe, release nite hobe....relative'der sathe jabar age dekha korte hobe.... koto kaj!!! eigula korte kortei to apnar visa chole ashbe....taina?
Agreed & Thanks
But ai j Tension korchi ata ki financially compensate kora jabe? At least Tension to release hobe
Thanks again

britto78

Sep 15, 2011
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2011
AOR Received.
PER 04-11-2011, AOR 02-12-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
21 Nov,2011
Med's Request
We started Processing on October 23. MR Issue date 07 Nov 2012
Med's Done....
28 Nov. 2012
Passport Req..
NOV 07,2012
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 07,2013
LANDED..........
May 04,2013
MSKC said:
Dear All Forum Members

Shokor Alhamdulillah!!!!!!! Just got the MAPLE LEAF VISA few minutes ago. I wish to thank all forum members for their all out supports (of course mental support) through out the journey. Singapore VO rcvd my PP on 03.09.2012 and Visa issue date is 11.09.2012 and finally rcvd today in my hand. It took only 21 days. So who r planning to visit SG for collecting visa, my personal view, it is not necessary to go there unless otherwise if u don't want to wait.

Pls pray for me and for my family. I hope everyone will get their desired Medical and PPR soon. May Allah be kind on all of us.

Thank you again.

MSKC
Congrats! MSKC for getting Maple Leaf.
When you decided to land in Canada and which city?
wishing your safe landing.

RZ

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2010
File Transfer...
31-03-2010
Med's Request
20-05-2012
Med's Done....
26-06-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-10-2012
LANDED..........
Not Yet
tokon said:
Thanks bhai RZ for your suggestion. Did you already submit your PPs to VFS?
I've submitted PP to VFS on 23rd September.

ruparupa

Oct 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2010
Doc's Request.
01-07-2010
AOR Received.
15-11-2010
IELTS Request
sent with other docs
File Transfer...
In Process with date & letter sent on 23rd April '12
Med's Request
06-11-2012
Med's Done....
08-12-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
not yet
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
Colors said:
Agreed & Thanks
But ai j Tension korchi ata ki financially compensate kora jabe? At least Tension to release hobe
Thanks again
Tension koirenna. Tension beshi korle heart'er oshukh hoy. U need to stay healthy & fit to face the challenges of settling in a new country. Btw apnar case status ki? Why dont u update your case summary?

Zihobar

Star Member
May 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03 Mar 2012
Med's Request
17 May 2012
Med's Done....
23 May 2012
Passport Req..
17 Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
01 Nov 2012
LANDED..........
12-12-12
Colors said:
In my opinion:
1. We are waiting for this (MR/PPR) since 2010.
2. We are planning to settle down in Canada (General Interest, exceptions not mentioned)
3. If we send through VFS, it will take approx 1-2 months
4. Will take another 1 Month to Purchase Ticket (Subject to availability and Will charge more if you are looking for a nearest date)
5. If you can reach there ASAP you might have a good chance to get a job coz in winter jobs are available due to rough weather, in summer you better ready for a challenge as students will also searching for jobs.
6. As we are planning to settle down there (Canada) we need to face the challenge at earliest and prepare ourself accordingly.
7. If we submit Passport in person we can at least save or ahead of 2-4 months

So in my very personal opinion, those who wants to reach Canada soon please submit in person. Though it will cost you some money but you can earn it in dollars if you reach earlier. Tk 83.90 = 1 Cad today

End of the day decisions is only yours, listen to all but decide by yourself. Please don't misinterpret or misunderstand the whole issue. It's my personal evaluation of this scenario, nothing else
Thanks & Best wishes for all of us
+1 for you.

Colors

Aug 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For those who are planning to Land in Canada Soon

How to Succeed in the Canadian Job Market ? [for a New Immigrant]

qorax said:
Hi friends,

I had been contemplating to write this for quite sometime. There are many of us who are over-enthusiastically positive & similarly many, who think poorly of the Canadian job market. And there are quite a few of us who are thinking to go or not to, given the enormous waiting time on this immigration process, by which time we already get well settled in our homeland. But, are we?

I have replied this to many who PMed me directly and in another thread here as well. Now plz bear with me for posting it seperately, for the betterment of all friends. I hope I'll not be bashed upon for this long write-up.

Buddies, in regard to our job scenario (FSW w/out AEO) in Canada, if we plan as per below, we'll sail thru satisfactorily. It's not whether we think good or bad abt it, it's more abt our understanding of the Job Process for a New Immigrant & how we address it, take precautions & manage our settlement well, now that we are positively thinking of moving. Our jobs in Canada, post landing, shall come under 3 stages:

Stage-1. 'Survival Jobs':
The moment we land [whatever city we chose], we must catch-on any opportunity that may arrive. At this stage, we must importantly keep our Ego at home. The idea is to safeguard the 'landing funds' and plan our regular expenses on any vocation based earnings. At this stage, it'll be potent to be frugile. Cut costs at all angles & get our daily meals thru whatever job that we can take. This is the most important phase of our newcomer life in Canada. If we can plan it well, we'll avoid the 'josh story', else depression shall set-in. In this phase, I might be a IT proff, an Engr, a Doctor, whatever, or of any age bracket... I'd do well to take a job as a FedEx Helper, DtoD Salesman, MacDonald Teamer, Night Watchman, Office Boy etc.
!-Stage Criteria: Whatever our homeland profession be, take any job to start earning.
!-Remember: Till now No one knows us & No one is bothered abt us.
!-Job Search: No further search, till we get settled in this present vocation.
!-Timeframe: 0-3 months.

Stage-2. 'Tertiary Jobs':
Now we are fairy aware of the city & the Canadian concepts. This is the time to foray into our 2nd job. Start seraching, but remember that it'll not be an actual 'job hunting' yet. In this phase, due to our awarness, we might land into an Ok job, which'll be better than the survival stage. But we are still not into our choice occupation. Again it should be taken as a challenge & pursue a job that will increase our earnings from the previous one. We may not yet be satisfied with what we are doing, but shall start some savings hereon. That'll get reflected in our bank a/cs. We are actually now building our credit history, an important thing that'll hold us in good stead later. Some of the Tertiary Jobs can be Office Assistant, Hypermarket Cashier/Teller, Warehouse Assistant, Industrial Labour Controller, Store Keeper, Security Officer/Supervisor, Courier Deliveryman etc. All of these being higher paid than minimum wages.
!-Stage Criteria: Try & get a better paid job than the previous. Any field. Complete all PR documentation.
!-Remember: We are still in our nascent stage. No one yet cares abt us.
!-Job Search: Yes, keep looking. Classifieds, Online, HR Agents, Networking, Prospective Employer visits etc.
!-Timeframe: 3-6 months.

Stage-3. 'Intermediate Jobs':
By now we have smartenned up. We are no more a novice. We have developed our links. Bank position is OK. Probably, the 'landing funds' is still not fiully depleted. Our networking & friend circle has started paying. Thus, hereon we shall, most likely, get our 'first satisfactory job'. Something in our related field. No, not yet what we actually have been doing in our homeland, but in the same department. The idea is to land a job within our specialty field. Eg. if I'm a IT professional, I'll get a job in the IT dept. of a company, as a first-level operator or a team leader (if I'm lucky). If I'm an Engr. I'll be landing the job of a technician in the engineering dept of a company. If I'm an Accountant, I'll catch hold of a Asst. Bookkeeper's task, or a financial data entry operator, or a departmental assistant. The combinations can be many. The requirement is, now start building your career. Opportunities shall commence.
!-Stage Criteria: Land a job in your related field. The designation be anything, be much lower -but must be taken.
!-Remember: Ppl will start knowing us in our field & thus professional growth is imminent.
!-Job Search: Full-fledged 'job hunting'. This hunting now is in our choice occupation.
!-Timeframe: 6-12 months.

Friends, hereafter we will most likely, be in our selected field of work. And we'll be aware of the job market within our profession. Hereon, we'll know what to look for & where to look for. Thus, can apply for jobs smartly & keep growing satisfactorily. It is expected that after a yr at Canada, we should be able to establish ourselves nicely. Be professionally motivated and quite possibly grow well into our Canadian settlement process.

Job hunting, obviously will continue until we are self-satisfied. But man... we have arrived... & arrived well ! In a couple of yrs we'll be sailing in our Original Position, that we left in our homeland. And remember, we'd be still earning better than before, even if the routine costs are higher in Canada. Our margins will be much higher too. Unless we really goof-up, in 2-3 yrs time we'll be calling the shots.

A thing to remember is that, since our 2nd stage, we should start developing our skills, by way of gaining qualifications/certifications to enhance our selected profession. As most occupations like IT, Accounts, Engineering etc. will not get us a job of that field, unless we have a Canadian Recognized Certificate. The only exception is of Doctors, who might face tremendous difficulty due to the 4 yrs. requirement of Canadian Medical studies.

The above 3 phases is also important to gain a Canadian Experience. Something we cannot do without if we want to succeed in our professions. The previous jobs can be anything, but when we try to apply for a job in our field the employers will always ask/look for a Canadian Experience. They wouldn't bother what we did, but will want an "employer's reference". This is to see our employability & people management skills. And we can't blame them as well, 'coz they need to doubly ensure that who they are employing is of 'good standing', as they have no clue of our occupations/designations in our homeland. It reminds me to advice, to do good in those previous Canadian jobs. 'Coz, we'll need those employer's references, whether in writing (best to take) or telephonically by the next employer.

Plz note that in some cases the 1st & 2nd stages may be interlinked. Some may get promoted within the 1st stage itself & thus avoid/require a seperate 2nd stage. While there are also many situations/actual cases where some PRs have settled-down well in their Tertiary Occupations itself. There is this case of an Electrical Engineer, who carried-on with his Warehouse Supervisor's job and settled down as businessman of 'Custom Bonded Warehouses' forever. There are scores of other examples.

I hope the foregoing shall lead to a proper understanding of our job-worth, vis-a-vis our aspirations in Canada. And help us to get hold of ourselves in a timeframe wise & market scenario wise assimilation of what, when and how to settle ourselves in this new found homeland. [I have deliberately avoided the Credit History & House Building scenarios, 'coz this post is directed to job market only].

Thanks & all the best to everyone !

(Member: Canadian Society of Industrial Security)
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t31106.0.html

Colors

Aug 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ruparupa said:
Tension koirenna. Tension beshi korle heart'er oshukh hoy. U need to stay healthy & fit to face the challenges of settling in a new country. Btw apnar case status ki? Why dont u update your case summary?
I was talking about those who is in tension after sending MR or PPR
Anyway as I said that was my view, you are freeee to take your decision
BHAI hate na paoya porjonto ki ar shanti ase?

Colors

Aug 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations! Tokon bhai and MSKC bhai

Khan14

Star Member
May 6, 2012
Dhk
Category........
Visa Office......
Sgvo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 18,2010
Doc's Request.
No
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
Oct 9,2010
IELTS Request
Submitted along with the application
File Transfer...
Not needed
Med's Request
Received on 17 oct
Med's Done....
05-12-12 done
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
landed in april 2013
Applicants waiting for MR Please update the below list

Name 2nd AOR InProcess

01. INDIANAJONES 09-May-2011 23-Feb-2012
02. Classical_Beat 02-Nov-2010 20 March 12
03. ruparupa
04. GTL 23-Dec-2010 14- Feb-2012
05. Teaspoon
06. mthjay
07. Beximco 20-Jan-11 2-May-12
08. mute_man
09. MMH_BD
10. Spondon
11. pr1979 15-Oct-10 26-Mar-12
12. plan_master 21-03-11 11-06-122
13. Sohel4math 02-11-2010 25 March 12
14. Khan14 09-oct-2010 16 march 12
15. TJNA 23-3-2011 23-03-2012
16. sMark 15-07-2010 31-May-12

Deshii10

Star Member
Jul 2, 2012
muk said:
Congratulation.......................
In my view vfs is ok, but if you want your visa in three days than go for In person.

Through vfs you need one month (average) for visa stamping.

All the best.

best regard
muk
Dear MUK Bhai,

i made a mistake. i sent my PP request form to Singapore through VFS but i tick in form "in person". eta ki problem make korbe?
tension hocche. :(

Deshii10

tokon

Oct 3, 2010
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
16-09-10
AOR Received.
3.7.10 (1st AOR) & 1.10.11 (2nd AOR)
IELTS Request
Done
File Transfer...
6.7.10 to SVO
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
February-2013
Colors said:
Agreed & Thanks
Thanks again
+1 dear for You