Passport Req..
26-11-12, Passport Submitted to VFS on 17-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
20-02-2013, Passport Collect from VFS on 04-03-2013
LANDED..........
13-04-2013
hhshumon said:
Why dont we see this way,

- A group of us have an option to explore a first world country for an uncertain future. (Among very lucky few, though luck is subjective, still!!!!)
- We know we usually do this for our kids (Actually never for ourselves, if it had been so we never would have left the motherland). We sacrifice our set carrier, at middle age, our birth-land for certain certainties of our kids and of course for an assured retired life for us.
- Yes there are many issues to consider, there are trade offs. Some you loose and some you gain.
- But for those who have already taken a decision to settle at Canada (Only they know the trauma and the stress they are going through), should not they be very much optimistic? Do we have any option to spare, exploring: this good, that is bad, what if this, what if that........!!!! Isn't it the best way, to express Maira Felamu, Kaita Felamu, Fataya Felamu no matter what comes on our way? Should not we be happy with what ever comes along and say Alahamdulillah, Thanks God!!!!!!
- I read this interesting quote some where:
A pessimist finds difficulty in every opportunity, while an optimist finds opportunity in every difficulty.
- Yes we know Canada will not feed us for free, we are bound to work for a decent life and for our family needs. And we have to do this smiling, we are to forget complaining, and comparing. Time is not going to be easy, but will be bearable if we keep on smiling. We will fight (The fight will be half stressful than Dhaka, believe me, so we can fight double the times, and we will be double productive than Dhaka, right? :D). And we all have our company (our fighter wives, they wont leave without a fight, right? Actually they are the one who are insisting us to go to Canada, right? So they are major a part :D). So chances are doubleX2= quadruple. See the equation is very very promising.
- Theoretically we migrants stand better future chance than the locals, as we are left with no options. So everything is going to be just fine, over there. It is bound to be, as long as we keep in groups and help each others, like other migrant nationals.
Cheers mate............................... ;D. Shumon
rana22april said:
Shumon bhai, Boss Apni eto paren kemne !! Bhai...my flight is on 18th June ...Doa koiren ! Yes, I fully agree with your above comment !
;D ;D :D ;D ;D

GreenBD

Star Member
Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2010
Doc's Request.
18-03-2012
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
24-02-2011
IELTS Request
sent with initial application
Med's Request
feb'2013
Interview........
exempt
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 2014
LANDED..........
In sha Allah 1st week of April 2014
hhshumon said:

- A group of us have an option to explore a first world country for an uncertain future. (Among very lucky few, though luck is subjective, still!!!!)
- We know we usually do this for our kids (Actually never for ourselves, if it had been so we never would have left the motherland). We sacrifice our set carrier, at middle age, our birth-land for certain certainties of our kids and of course for an assured retired life for us.
- Yes there are many issues to consider, there are trade offs. Some you loose and some you gain.
- But for those who have already taken a decision to settle at Canada (Only they know the trauma and the stress they are going through), should not they be very much optimistic? Do we have any option to spare, exploring: this good, that is bad, what if this, what if that........!!!! Isn't it the best way, to express Maira Felamu, Kaita Felamu, Fataya Felamu no matter what comes on our way? Should not we be happy with what ever comes along and say Alahamdulillah, Thanks God!!!!!!
A pessimist finds difficulty in every opportunity, while an optimist finds opportunity in every difficulty.
- Yes we know Canada will not feed us for free, we are bound to work for a decent life and for our family needs. And we have to do this smiling, we are to forget complaining, and comparing. Time is not going to be easy, but will be bearable if we keep on smiling. We will fight (The fight will be half stressful than Dhaka, believe me, so we can fight double the times, and we will be double productive than Dhaka, right? :D). And we all have our company (our fighter wives, they wont leave without a fight, right? Actually they are the one who are insisting us to go to Canada, right? So they are major a part :D). So chances are doubleX2= quadruple. See the equation is very very promising.
- Theoretically we migrants stand better future chance than the locals, as we are left with no options. So everything is going to be just fine, over there. It is bound to be, as long as we keep in groups and help each others, like other migrant nationals.
Outstanding and inspirational..... :-* ;D

দুর্গম গিরি কান্তার-মরু দুস্তর পারাবার হে
লঙ্ঘিতে হবে রাত্রি নিশীথে যাত্রীরা হুঁশিয়ার...

KFH

Star Member
Jan 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
Oct 2012
Med's Done....
completed babys medical on 28 Feb 2013
Interview........
Alhamdulillah waived
Passport Req..
Submitted on 05/07/2013 via Fedex
VISA ISSUED...
July 2013
LANDED..........
Alhamdulillah on September 2013
Hello mates,

Does anyone have any update regarding the shocking strike of the visa officers?

Regards
KFH

Qtm_Nat

Star Member
Nov 2, 2012
swapno said:
Have got a lot of help from the forum and Hopefully this is the time for me to share my experience which will give some light to the
forum members. I am not a regular member in this forum but I try to read the quotes from different people. I am not an expert
as well like other members.

Here is my story-
1. I got my PR in May'2012 and it took 9 months to complete the whole process. I applied from Singapore VO and I was staying in Singapore
for 6 years and working in the oil & gas sector. I am a Mechanical engineer by Trade.
2. I came in Toronto for three weeks in March' 2013 with my wife and 2 kids. I went back to Singapore and I am back in Canada
again with all my family members in last week of May.
3. After getting PR, I was trying for job in website like monster, indeed. I got few phone calls in Singapore. All are in my field, same job
that I was doing in Singapore. I received another call for my current job & almost finalized when I was in Singapore.
4. They called me for field visit (current job is in petrochemical plant), they paid for all expenses from Toronto to Manitoba. I met them
in March when I was there in Canada. I got the offer in a week. I attended few more job interview when I was there for three weeks in my
same field. Finally I got another offer and I rejected that after negotiating my salary with the existing one.
5. Another problem I faced was that I had to wait for two months for my PR card. So when I reached Singapore I applied for PRTD and got
it with in three weeks by which I can enter in Canada. My company gave me only 1 and half months to join. So I was in little bit tensed for
that, After getting my PRTD I resigned from my job in Singapore and on the last day of my job I flew to Canada and started my new job after
one week. One thing to note that when I was flying to Canada for 2nd time I got my PR card mailed to me by my friend from Canada.
6. I am here in my new job for three weeks which is very similar to singapore job. They arranged housing for me with furniture. Everything is
going fine. My kid has started school. Trying to convert my driving license. Got health card and all other documents like bank, credit card etc.

My two cents to forum:
1. Don't get frustrated, try to accept the challenge, keep yourself 360 degree open for everything like job search, life in canada,
experience from different people. Take that is relevant to you. Everybody has different scenario, different position, Things might be different.
2. Never give up trying though you are not getting response, keep on applying for job as much as you can, spend some time when you
are applying, check the requirement for the position.

I am from Bangladesh, please forgive me for typo. I am just sharing my views and which might not be similar for a lot of people, Again I would
say situations for individual are quite different. Have a good day and keep yourself confident which is most important. Hope for the best and
be prepared for the worst.

Regards, Swapno
Gr8 post. Thats the spirit. God bless

Qtm_Nat

Star Member
Nov 2, 2012
hhshumon said:

Shumon bhai you are really genius. will advise forum mates to follow the same spirit...

mullermax387

Star Member
Jul 24, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2011
File Transfer...
In Process from 17 January 2013
Med's Request
20-12-2012
Med's Done....
05-01-2013, RPRF, PCC, Med received 03-02-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-04-2013
LANDED..........
25th July 2013
PQR said:
life in canada is very hard, phd degree nie lokjon pothe pothe ghurtase, part time jobo pay na,
ekhane shob cheye bhalo ase jader 2/3 ta bachha ase, child benefit pawa jay. besi kichu asha korle
frustated hote hobe, tai bolbo beshi kichu asha na kore judhher jonno prepared hoe asha bhalo.
husband wife dui jon kaj korle kisuta bhalo vabe thaka jay, other wise jibon koste jabe.

doctor der obosta shob cheye kharap. doctor jara astesen, nurse hoar jonno prepared thaken, tao 4 bosor nursing course korar por.
ei 4 bosor apnader jonno shob cheye bhalo hobe asar por security guard er license newa, etai shob cheye kom koster kaj.
mind korar kisu nai, erokom dozon khanek doctor ami chini, asben to, nijei dekben.

ebar boli pharmacist jara astesen, osuder dokane bose osud sell korar preparation nie asen, tao 18 months pharmacy technician
course korar por, abar ei course korar age apnake class 12 e vorti hote hobe, pre requisite hisabe apnar lagbe 12th grade bio chem phy course.

jader phd ase, doa kore resume te likben na, apnar resume poreo dekbe na, ekane eshe abar undergrad e vorti hon, 4 bosor por bhalo job paben.
jodi mone koren phd korsen ar porar ki ase, canadar baki jibon tim horton e coffee bechte hobe jodi kopal valo thake. na hole factory job korte hobe as general labor.

It's really alarming a situation. your post has made me more anxious thinking about the reality. I need to know whether there is any prospect of 3D Animation artists, Social workers and English teachers without any prior Canadian experience?? Please reveal the reality. Thanks

Ahsan

GTL

Jan 8, 2012
Calgary,Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Singaore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/06/2010
Doc's Request.
06/10/2010
AOR Received.
23/12/2010
File Transfer...
In Process Since 14 Feb, 2012
Med's Request
Received 22/11/2012 Issued 15/11/2012,
Med's Done....
Medical Done 1st Dec and Sent Documents 6th Dec
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11/06/2013, submitted at VFS on 11/06/2013
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued 4th July & Received 14th July
LANDED..........
on 21st sep 2013
KFH said:
Hello mates,

Does anyone have any update regarding the shocking strike of the visa officers?

Regards
KFH

I found it in CIC website

Alert – Strike Action

The Professional Association of Foreign Service Officers (PAFSO) union is currently taking strike action. PAFSO union members responsible for processing visa applications have been walking out of offices in Canada and overseas.

Posted processing times for both temporary and permanent resident visa applications do not take into account work stoppages.

Anyone applying for a visa should anticipate delays and submit their application as far in advance as possible.

Contingency plans are already in place to ensure all offices remain open and are providing at least a minimum level of service. Priority will be placed on urgent humanitarian applications.

CIC continues to closely monitor the situation.

Does it mean it will create the delay for getting visa? :eek: :eek:

Arafat71

Nov 26, 2012
mullermax387 said:
It's really alarming a situation. your post has made me more anxious thinking about the reality. I need to know whether there is any prospect of 3D Animation artists, Social workers and English teachers without any prior Canadian experience?? Please reveal the reality. Thanks

Ahsan

3D Animation Artists have very good opportunity in Vancouver. One of my colleagues lives there and he suggested I think about moving to Vancouver (since he knows that I was a Graphic Designer for long time), and also suggested the I check out Vancouver Film School.

He said students from VFS are in huge demand in Vancouver since there are many studios that does animation, CGI, 3D work, digital post production work for Hollywood, etc. Vancouver is THE place for all this.

A. Khan

Star Member
Mar 6, 2013
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: CIC is on strike !!!

A. Khan said:
CIC is on strike :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: !!!

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-ec.asp
http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/04/05/canada-foreign-service-job-action-diplomats_n_3022131.html
http://www.ottawacitizen.com/business/Foreign+service+workers+strike+could+first+battle+looming+labour+with+Tories/8203700/story.html
http://www.montrealgazette.com/business/Foreign+service+officers+walk+protest+stalled+contract/8488695/story.html

Canadian High Commission in Singapore still has not participated in the strike.

Participating Canadian High Commission & Canadian Foreign offices:
London, Paris, Dublin, Hong Kong, New Delhi, Beijing, Tokyo, Tel Aviv, Ramallah.

joybd

Jun 16, 2013
Permanent residence for Canada under federal skilled worker class i submit my application 28/03/2011,they acknowledged my letter on 26/04/2011.now on online status they wrote "your application was reviewed and we started processing on 08/04/2013" ....what does it mean if anyone know please reply or send me an EMAIL ( joyaustralia@ymail.com )

A. Khan

Star Member
Mar 6, 2013
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
joybd said:
Permanent residence for Canada under federal skilled worker class i submit my application 28/03/2011,they acknowledged my letter on 26/04/2011.now on online status they wrote "your application was reviewed and we started processing on 08/04/2013" ....what does it mean if anyone know please reply or send me an EMAIL ( joyaustralia @ ymail.com )
CIC will soon send you an email/letter asking you to submit additional documents:

* Police Certificate --> stays valid for 1 year
* Medical test --> stays valid for 1 year
* Updated "Background-Declaration [IMM 5669]" --> in this form there are 2 sections named "Personal history" & "Addresses".
* 4 recent pictures
* IELTS (as it has expired) --> stays valid for 2 years & your application was submitted more than 2 years back

m.ibrahim

Nov 16, 2011
Qatar
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2011 received at NS
Nomination.....
PER 14-10-2011
File Transfer...
ecas 2nd line..started processing 16-08-2012
Med's Request
10-04-2013
Med's Done....
08-05-2013 Rcvd at LVO 15-05-2013 ecas 3rd line 07-06-2013
Passport Req..
09-07-2013 DM: 28-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2013
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
joybd said:
Permanent residence for Canada under federal skilled worker class i submit my application 28/03/2011,they acknowledged my letter on 26/04/2011.now on online status they wrote "your application was reviewed and we started processing on 08/04/2013" ....what does it mean if anyone know please reply or send me an EMAIL ( joyaustralia @ ymail.com )
it seems to me you can expect additional documents request (may be alongwith MR) very soon.
usually it takes 2/3 months from processing start date.

if you applied under SVO, forum members can guide you better on present trend.

rgds/ibrahim

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
joybd said:
hi JoyaBD
they will ask you updated documents soon with medical, again all files and police reports only for the last 2 years where u lived. IELTS they will not ask as your have already crossed that section of eligibility. your eligibility must be passed prior to starting process of yur application.

abrar.abyan

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A. Khan said:
CIC will soon send you an email/letter asking you to submit additional documents:

* Police Certificate --> stays valid for 1 year
* Medical test --> stays valid for 1 year
* Updated "Background-Declaration [IMM 5669]" --> in this form there are 2 sections named "Personal history" & "Addresses".
* 4 recent pictures
* IELTS (as it has expired) --> stays valid for 2 years & your application was submitted more than 2 years back
Brother they never asked IELTS for 2nd times either it is expired or not.

Arafat71

Nov 26, 2012
Anybody tried to reach Mr. Jahangir of IOM recently? He is totally out of reach. I have tried everything for the pat 3 weeks. Hopeless.

I was planning to fly in 3rd week of August. But it looks like I am going to be in trouble.