Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-2012
LANDED..........
December 30, 2012
Colors said:
Interview process
Arrive ready for two interviews

When you arrive in Canada, you will have to go through two screening interviews. If all of your documents are available and in order, your interviews should be over quickly.

First interview—official documents

An officer from the Canada Border Service Agency will greet you. The officer will ask to see your visa and travel documents and check to make sure that you and any family members traveling with you have the proper travel documents. The officer will find out about your health and will ask you questions similar to those on the immigrant application form.

Be prepared to answer these questions:

Are you traveling with your family?
Have you been convicted of a serious crime in your home country?
How long do you plan to stay in Canada?
How much money do you have with you?
Are you healthy?
Have you been to Canada before? Were you required to leave?
After you complete your first interview, you will meet with another officer from the Canada Border Services Agency. This officer will check the items you are bringing with you. At some ports of entry you will work with the same officer twice.

Second interview—personal goods

The second interview is for you to declare what you are bringing with you into Canada.

The officer will ask to see your declaration card. You must tell the officer you have arrived in Canada to immigrate. At this point the officer may direct you to another area for the customs procedure.

You must give the officer the list of the items you are bringing with you and a list of the items that will be arriving later. The officer will go through both lists with you and may ask questions about some of the items. The officer may also inspect your luggage.

Be prepared to answer these questions:

What are you bringing with you to Canada?
Do you have any live animals or plants with you?
Do you have any firearms, ammunition or fireworks with you?
Do you have any meat or dairy products with you?
Do you have any fresh fruits or vegetables with you?
Do you have any items from endangered species?
Do not give false answers

You must answer all of the questions truthfully. It is a serious offence to make a false statement. If you make a false statement you may not be allowed to stay in Canada. If you are well prepared and you have no items that are not allowed in Canada, the process will go quickly.

If there are no difficulties, the officer will sign your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and authorize your entry into Canada as a permanent resident.

Thanks
Colors...I haven't faced those interview which you are talking about. Even never heard that much struggle people have to go who are known to me...well..which you are talking about interviews now a days most are in written forms...you have to answer in paper by tick rather than verbal information...so nothing to be panicked...

Classical_beat

Champion Member
Oct 12, 2010
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pr1979 said:
yes right. But some one told me, for Emirates , it is 20kg instead of 23kg. Is it?
Check this

http://www.emirates.com/english/plan_book/essential_information/baggages/baggage_calculator_result.aspx?departure=DAC&arrival=YYZ&class=Y&tier=sn&h=9ba2436ac75c587198f3cd21cea77385902f4e

Classical_beat

Champion Member
Oct 12, 2010
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thehitman26 said:
Hi Friends, I need a urgent help.One of my relative got PPR today.He has been informed to submit his passport to VFS office in bangladesh.But He is currently outside Bangladesh for occupational purpose and its not possible to come back in near future.As his work station is near to Singapore,so is it possible to submit the passports to Singapore in person?? As it was not mentioned in the PPR whether passports can be submitted in Singapore or not.
If any brother has experience or has done it by submitting passports in SG,please help to suggest how can it be done.I mean the process or do they receive it in Singapore or not?? Please help
Yes he can submit his passport to the High Commission of Canada in Singapore in person. It will take 3 working days excluding the day of submission . If he submit it on Monday they will return it on Thursday . He has to be there by 8.30 am sharp.

Classical_beat

Champion Member
Oct 12, 2010
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GreenBD said:
Dear forum members,

Got MR letter yesterday. I have been told to complete the medical
within 45 days and to pay the RPRF by this time.

Do I've to wait few days after medical? Which form do I need to
use for the PRF, is it IMM5741E and what will be the method of payment?

Thanks and Regards,

GreenBD
Congratulation !!

Classical_beat

Champion Member
Oct 12, 2010
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Raj_Hoque said:
Thanks to all Forum members for wishing me and bless my son.

Today I brought my son and wife back home. Just to inform you all in response to Spondon's query that total cost of the delivery with C-Sec comes to CAD 4,500. Then community services has arranged a discount of CAD 2,400 and hospital gave me a discount of CAD 1,400...so remaining is CAD 700. I went to Cashiers office at the hospital today but they seemed not willing to get the payment from me yet. Then I asked them to send me bills at home to settle later.

Notice: Discharge from hospital has nothing related to payment. They don't ask for payment before you leave like what happened in BD. My son has got a ready made Health Card Number where me, wife and daughter have to wait till end of March to get the HC number and get it effective.

Please Note: Sun Life Insurance will cover any types of accident or emergency...not the pregnancy or delivery...

Another important thing I wants to share with all of you who are coming to Canada: please start building your network with your relevant professional people...pro jobs are easier to get when you have a good reference (except doctor and architect - My wife is an architect as well. You need to have 5000 hours of working exp under a licensed Architect to avail license here). I didn't want to share it earlier as it would show arrogance but sharing now that I'd got an offer from a land line phone company on 5th Feb...eventually I had to turn the offer down as my wife was pregnant and unable to take care of herself and my daughter. But it came through a very good friend of mine. So please start building your network if you want to work in your own profession. I met many of my old friends and colleagues who came to Canada in 2010 & 11 and now doing professional job mostly in telcos coming after just 3-4 months. Please don't jump into the odd jobs right away. Take your time...try every possibilities...have faith on yourself...if others can do you can do also...you are no less than others...keep your eyes wide open and take right decision always...remember you are coming as FSW and you all are doing the best job in BD where doing job is much critical and cumbersome than here...if you are doing good in BD then you must do better here...that's my opinion...Others may have other opinion and views...but I'm just sharing what I have experienced...Good Luck to all of you...
Thanks for sharing .. !! I wish for the baby's and mom's good health along with you and your daughter .

hs602

Star Member
Jan 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-09-2012
LANDED..........
Planning to Land in April 2013
Raj_Hoque said:

Today I brought my son and wife back home. Just to inform you all in response to Spondon's query that total cost of the delivery with C-Sec comes to CAD 4,500. Then community services has arranged a discount of CAD 2,400 and hospital gave me a discount of CAD 1,400...so remaining is CAD 700. I went to Cashiers office at the hospital today but they seemed not willing to get the payment from me yet. Then I asked them to send me bills at home to settle later.

Notice: Discharge from hospital has nothing related to payment. They don't ask for payment before you leave like what happened in BD. My son has got a ready made Health Card Number where me, wife and daughter have to wait till end of March to get the HC number and get it effective.

Please Note: Sun Life Insurance will cover any types of accident or emergency...not the pregnancy or delivery...

Another important thing I wants to share with all of you who are coming to Canada: please start building your network with your relevant professional people...pro jobs are easier to get when you have a good reference (except doctor and architect - My wife is an architect as well. You need to have 5000 hours of working exp under a licensed Architect to avail license here). I didn't want to share it earlier as it would show arrogance but sharing now that I'd got an offer from a land line phone company on 5th Feb...eventually I had to turn the offer down as my wife was pregnant and unable to take care of herself and my daughter. But it came through a very good friend of mine. So please start building your network if you want to work in your own profession. I met many of my old friends and colleagues who came to Canada in 2010 & 11 and now doing professional job mostly in telcos coming after just 3-4 months. Please don't jump into the odd jobs right away. Take your time...try every possibilities...have faith on yourself...if others can do you can do also...you are no less than others...keep your eyes wide open and take right decision always...remember you are coming as FSW and you all are doing the best job in BD where doing job is much critical and cumbersome than here...if you are doing good in BD then you must do better here...that's my opinion...Others may have other opinion and views...but I'm just sharing what I have experienced...Good Luck to all of you...
Dear Raj_Hoque
Thanks for this encouraging post. This will help us building our confidence.
Congratulations and all the best for the new born baby and your family.

PQR

Champion Member
Jun 25, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2013
pr1979 said:
yes right. But some one told me, for Emirates , it is 20kg instead of 23kg. Is it?
no

PQR

Champion Member
Jun 25, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2013
GreenBD said:
Dear forum members,

Got MR letter yesterday. I have been told to complete the medical
within 45 days and to pay the RPRF by this time.

Do I've to wait few days after medical? Which form do I need to
use for the PRF, is it IMM5741E and what will be the method of payment?

Thanks and Regards,

GreenBD
congratz, for bank draft, follow the instruction page sent along with MR.
SCB gulshan br is better

GreenBD

Star Member
Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2010
Doc's Request.
18-03-2012
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
24-02-2011
IELTS Request
sent with initial application
Med's Request
feb'2013
Interview........
exempt
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 2014
LANDED..........
In sha Allah 1st week of April 2014
Newborn said:
Congratulation
Dear Newborn,

Thanks for your wishes.
Please keep me in your prayer.

Thanks and regards,

GreenBD

PQR

Champion Member
Jun 25, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2013
Raj_Hoque said:

take good care of your family, wishing you good health

GreenBD

Star Member
Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2010
Doc's Request.
18-03-2012
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
24-02-2011
IELTS Request
Med's Request
feb'2013
Interview........
exempt
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 2014
LANDED..........
palash17 said:
Congratulations...and best wishes for next steps.
Dear Palash17,

Thank you very much for your wishes.

Thanks and regards,

GreenBD

GreenBD

Star Member
Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2010
Doc's Request.
18-03-2012
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
24-02-2011
IELTS Request
Med's Request
feb'2013
Interview........
exempt
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 2014
LANDED..........
Colors said:
Congratulation and best wishes for Medicals ...
Dear Colors,

Thanks for your wishes.

GreenBD

GreenBD

Star Member
Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2010
Doc's Request.
18-03-2012
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
24-02-2011
IELTS Request
Med's Request
feb'2013
Interview........
exempt
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 2014
LANDED..........
Classical_beat said:
Congratulation !!
Thank you apu,

Regards

GreenBD

GreenBD

Star Member
Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2010
Doc's Request.
18-03-2012
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
24-02-2011
IELTS Request
Med's Request
feb'2013
Interview........
exempt
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 2014
LANDED..........
PQR said:
congratz, for bank draft, follow the instruction page sent along with MR.
SCB gulshan br is better
Dear PQR,

Thanks for your wishes.
Your advice is highly appreciated.
I live in London and my VO is London as well.
So, I've to do it from here.

Regards,

GreenBD