15 Oct 2010
IELTS Request
Sent to SGVO with all documents
File Transfer...
In process since 26 Mar 2012
Med's Request
09 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
13 Nov 2012, RPRF other docs sent 23 Nov 2012, E-cas: "Medical results have been received." appears on 01 Dec 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28 Dec 2012 - Passport submitted to VFS on 15 Jan 2013, E-cas: "Decision Made" on 03 Feb 2013
VISA ISSUED...
31 Jan 2013, Passport Received from VFS on 18 Feb 2013
LANDED..........
07-06-2013
hhshumon said:
Badal Bhai, You are absolutely right. We face problem with the right hand driving in Canada.

Considering driving in two stages
A) Developing driving balance, basic driving, Basic mechanics and maintenance, road signs, driving norms, Safety issues : are Universal
B) Rules and regulations or Road traffic (What we call, by the book): Differs from right hand and left hand driving.

My idea is, if we know nothing at all, we require more driving session and pay more.
If we know basic driving and have a valid BD license, we get to road immediately, with someone holding G1/G, start driving lessons at local roads.
If you dont have BD license, and dont know driving, you pay to apply for the learners one there.

It might take a week most, to get accustomed with right hand driving, with their lane system for speed, lane changing and turning at nodes.
If we know driving, we actually cover the first stage and save time for more sessions from anyone.

My elder sister is in Toronto for last 4 years, (she got her G last October), while my brother in law Dr. Ebad keeps going every 4 months for 2 months stay. Both of them seriously insists my wife to get driving as much as possible. I think the intention had been to save time and money.
Probably the model works like 01 car with two insured in, life is easier with flexibility.

My architect friend Shuvo left August'12 and got G1 in 3 months and bought a Civic immediately, he insists cars are essential to get jobs and to move around with his two kids (7, 2).

Visit two web sites for jobs: Kijiji Toronto and craigslist ,
You will find 90% of the jobs require to have own transport and a valid permit.
For those who are keen for an idea about used cars, flat rentals, and other staff browse the above two sites. They are popular.

Salam.

Badal789 said:
Shumon bhai,
Thanks for important points. I took driving lessons from abroad but my wife from here. So I noticed the differences.

Last year I applied to get USA driving license to replace international driving license but I did fail on first exam though I have long experiences, I had to study a lot then only I passed.

My concern is yes, one can save CAD 1,000 but remember Allah forbid, if an accident then the cost will be much more. Usually it takes 2 days driving to adjust from right to left. But most important is measurement(who drives can easily understand). As I learn of left hand first so my left hand measurement is excellent but very poor at right hand and suffering for that.
Please stop comparison of cost between here and there. You will earn there, you will spend there. After going there never think how expansive than BD. Enjoy your life............. in the beautiful Canada!!!!!!

Take your decision accordingly.

Thanks to both - Sumon Bhai & Badal bhai. Very valuable suggestion on both aspects. This is how we have been benefitted being with this forum. Now decision lies on us. My feeling is, without taking into account what is the cost here & there, i/my wife should get atleast some lesson of driving to grow confidence. Also it may not be easier for my wife to get courage enough over there to rush on learning to drive. Learing driving from here would at least give us some level of confidence to learn again there, considering we know nothing about driving.

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
[quote author=hhshumon]
Just 01 thing to share.
Its recommend to buy the pair of nice snow boots from a good store in Canada, its worth.
You need lot of walking in snow without hurting yourself.
The available Dhaka boots might not be appropriate for cold/ wet weather,
and the Chinese glue will come off , within months and again these are far too heavy to carry along.
[/quote]

This is correct.

I bought a pair of snow boots in 2002 from bangladesh. I paid around 2000Tk for it. It was expensive for that time.
It was heavyyyy and strong lol.
But when I took it to USA, and started walking in the real snow, within 3 months the glue started to come off. And the boot was really uncomfortable, because when you are walking on a normal street, it was ok. But when you have to walk on a street which is covered in 10 inches of snow, then you life gets miserable. It was like walking on sand, and the weight of the boot didn't help either.

Later I just walked in to walmart and bought a boot for $9 (was less than 1000Tk).

There is no point in carrying a heavy item like snow boots, and waste your luggage weight. You can buy snow boots for $20, they are not fancy, but they will get the job done. Besides everyone in Canada will be using those too.

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
As for the driving lessons, I think it will be better to take a short course in Dhaka. And then take a more detailed course in Canada.
From experience, first couple of days, whenever you will enter a vehicle, it will feel wrong, as all the cars are going in to wrong direction. You will need to get used to it. Its not a big problem, it may take couple of days.

But I will strongly recommend getting some-sort of lesson in Dhaka. Not a long course, but a short one. maybe for 2 weeks or so. It should not cost more than 3000Tk. But it will make you more acquainted with the car. Also it will reduce the time of learning in Canada.

Cars are as important as houses and heat in Canada (in most of north America). I think if you live in New york, you wont need a car. Still you have to live close to the downtown/uptown. Many starter job offer you will receive, will say "Applicants without proper permit and transport need NOT apply". You don't need to own a car from day one, but it should be in your list of plans.

ruparupa

Oct 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2010
Doc's Request.
01-07-2010
AOR Received.
15-11-2010
IELTS Request
sent with other docs
File Transfer...
In Process with date & letter sent on 23rd April '12
Med's Request
06-11-2012
Med's Done....
08-12-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
not yet
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
Keu pls amake Ms. Sonia Sharma'r email address ta deben? Ami hariye felsi. Ekhono register korar somoy achhe kina k jane!

Sky Blue

Jun 3, 2012
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
IP 01.05.2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Anyone here who is still in RBVO like me or got IP recently?

Uttara11

Oct 31, 2012
Bangladesgh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
IP (14.04.13), RPRF paid on 8 Aug'14
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Provided with Application
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Received on 11 Jul'14 & re -Med request: 31 Jan'16
Med's Done....
Re-Med: 01 Feb'16, 1st med Done on 22 Jul'14
Interview........
Alhamdulillah- waived
Passport Req..
Alhamdulillah received on 3 May'16 & sent 5 th May'16
VISA ISSUED...
Received - 14 Jun'16
LANDED..........
Insallah- within dec'16
Sky Blue said:
Anyone here who is still in RBVO like me or got IP recently?
Yes, me (MI-2) too in RBVO since March 2011!!

mullermax387

Star Member
Jul 24, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2011
File Transfer...
In Process from 17 January 2013
Med's Request
20-12-2012
Med's Done....
05-01-2013, RPRF, PCC, Med received 03-02-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-04-2013
LANDED..........
25th July 2013
Hi Forum mates,

I need some ideas about Canadian job market. My educational background is in English Literature and I am working in BRAC. But, I want to develop my career as a 3D Animation Artist. Searching for a job like this i have found a lot, but in all the cases the educational background is not specifically mentioned. I need to inform you that I don't have any professional degree in Animation. But, I have experience in this field of more than 10 years and I am working professionally online. So, is it possible to get a job as an Animator without a degree in Animation? Please reply. Thanks.

Ahsan Uddin Ahmed

Sohel4math

Oct 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2010
Doc's Request.
10-06-2010
AOR Received.
02-11-2010
File Transfer...
IP:25-03-2012
Med's Request
26-11-12 & 27-12-12 (Baby)
Med's Done....
29-12-12, Med's Received at Manila : 02-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-11-12, Passport Submitted to VFS on 17-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
20-02-2013, Passport Collect from VFS on 04-03-2013
LANDED..........
13-04-2013
ruparupa said:
Keu pls amake Ms. Sonia Sharma'r email address ta deben? Ami hariye felsi. Ekhono register korar somoy achhe kina k jane!
sonia.sharma@ciip-accc.in

talktome

Star Member
Jun 22, 2012
pr1979 said:
Thanks to both - Sumon Bhai & Badal bhai. Very valuable suggestion on both aspects. This is how we have been benefitted being with this forum. Now decision lies on us. My feeling is, without taking into account what is the cost here & there, i/my wife should get atleast some lesson of driving to grow confidence. Also it may not be easier for my wife to get courage enough over there to rush on learning to drive. Learing driving from here would at least give us some level of confidence to learn again there, considering we know nothing about driving.
Badal Vai, Shumon Vai, Colors, pr1979 Thanks to all for your suggestions and sharing imp. info about driving.

/Talk

hhshumon

Jan 21, 2013
mullermax387 said:
Hi Forum mates,

I need some ideas about Canadian job market. My educational background is in English Literature and I am working in BRAC. But, I want to develop my career as a 3D Animation Artist. Searching for a job like this i have found a lot, but in all the cases the educational background is not specifically mentioned. I need to inform you that I don't have any professional degree in Animation. But, I have experience in this field of more than 10 years and I am working professionally online. So, is it possible to get a job as an Animator without a degree in Animation? Please reply. Thanks.

Ahsan Uddin Ahmed
Ahsan bhai,
All you need is a fantastic portfolio. Again you can have your own web portal (probably you have one) with all your key creations, references, Client list etc.

If applying through an agent, he will give a test tusk to do in a certain time. If you go through they send your CV to diff offices.
You also can search yourself. Animators doesn't require professional degrees. Its required only to pursue higher degrees.

Drop by sometimes to BRACU to have a cup of tea and we will share issues.

Regards, Shumon

mullermax387

Star Member
Jul 24, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2011
File Transfer...
Med's Request
20-12-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-04-2013
LANDED..........
25th July 2013
hhshumon said:
Ahsan bhai,
All you need is a fantastic portfolio. Again you can have your own web portal (probably you have one) with all your key creations, references, Client list etc.

If applying through an agent, he will give a test tusk to do in a certain time. If you go through they send your CV to diff offices.
You also can search yourself. Animators doesn't require professional degrees. Its required only to pursue higher degrees.

Drop by sometimes to BRACU to have a cup of tea and we will share issues.

Regards, Shumon
Thank you Shumon Bhai. I must come to BRACU to have a chat with you. There is an organization in Bangladesh which is the only one authorised by Autodesk named Win Win Infosys System at Panthapath. But, they won't start any course on Animation until they get 5 students. So, i am still waiting for that. Without a recognizable certificate some foreign companies may not accept me in spite of having a rich portfolio.

beximco

Apr 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore,Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
August 13, 2013
MashAllah, Finally Maple Leaf in passport. Two years and Eight month tireless journey came to end.
Thanks to this forum for reviving the spirit and make this journey smooth. InshAllah everyone in processing
will have the same day like me and hope we all in this forum will be united like this in CANADA.

Best of Luck for all.

Sohel4math

Oct 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2010
Doc's Request.
10-06-2010
AOR Received.
02-11-2010
File Transfer...
IP:25-03-2012
Med's Request
26-11-12 & 27-12-12 (Baby)
Med's Done....
29-12-12, Med's Received at Manila : 02-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-11-12, Passport Submitted to VFS on 17-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
20-02-2013, Passport Collect from VFS on 04-03-2013
LANDED..........
13-04-2013
beximco said:
MashAllah, Finally Maple Leaf in passport. Two years and Eight month tireless journey came to end.
Thanks to this forum for reviving the spirit and make this journey smooth. InshAllah everyone in processing
will have the same day like me and hope we all in this forum will be united like this in CANADA.

Best of Luck for all.
Beximco Vahi ....... Congratulation...... :D ;D :D

&
Best wishes for the new life in dream land - CANADA !!!!!!!!.... :D ;D :D

mullermax387

Star Member
Jul 24, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2011
File Transfer...
Med's Request
20-12-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-04-2013
LANDED..........
25th July 2013
beximco said:

Best of Luck for all.
Beximco vai,
Many many congratulations. Wish you a very safe journey. Keep in touch.