+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL BANGLADESHI APPLICANTS FORUM

hhshumon

Jan 21, 2013
hs602 said:
We missed this amazing get-together. Hope to particapate in the next one. The bullet points that have neen discussed are extremely important for all of us. Can you please share some details of the points, say waht is the decision/understanding on drivers license issue, medical insurance issue etc.so that we can have an understanding what to do on a specific case. Appreciate your response.
Just to share some points from the adda:

01. Driving licence: - Get the original driving licence from BRTA for you and for your spouse both, (might take 1 month max, Its good to avail Driving licence over there)
- Get the driving practice here for both of you as much as possible (Over there 30 CAD/ 1 hour session & knowing nothing might require 40 hours )
- Get a no claim certificate for 4-5 years from your insurance company (Give name, DOB, PP number, it helps a cheaper insurance quote)
- Own transport helps to have quick jobs (80-90% jobs come with own transport and holding proper licence as pre-condition) and proper job searching.
- Get free Navigation software installed in your smart phone/ I phone, which helps job/place searching with post code. (Free NAV, Google maps etc)

02. Dollar issue: - We take CAD in cash and nominal USD endorsed in our passport.
- Buy dollars from Bank or known money exchange (Not to take risk, may lose an insignificant amount but still worth it)
- Take the cash with us, not to luggage, to be in peace for the entire journey.

03. Phone issue: - All the phone are compatible and we take them with us.
- For couple of weeks buy a pay as you go sim (No contract) by then we know which sim fits our requirement best.

04. Housing Issue: - To get accommodated to a relative for couple of weeks (As much as possible ;D)
- Then to rent the accommodation (As you get stuck for a year with usually any rent)
- Accommodation is recommended nearby a better school and public transport and takes time to find appropriate one that fits our budget.
- If situation permits share with another family (Good for small size families though)

05. Career Issue: - We all got so much confused, difficult to predict from here
- But still found two streams (Start job and gradually fit in the main stream and to start studying)
- With Canadian degrees we can explore jobs outside Canada if situation demands (USA, Middle east etc with our passport)
- We will have better understanding with CIIP seminar on 19th Feb
- Get 4/5 set attested copy of mark sheets and certificates with institution envelops and properly sealed

06. Medical: - Better to have insurance for 1st 03 months
- Finish the dental treatment before you depart (All of us along kids)
- Eye check and take spare glasses if required
- Take medication for 03 months (especially for kids)

07. Flight Issue: - Rana bhai suggested to take 2/3 days break on the way at Istanbul, With on arrival visa, cheap hotel and cheap food. He really enjoyed it.
- Tareq said earlier is better with small kids
- I say I will spend some times at Dubai (wish to see the tallest Burj al khalif) probably for 20 hours, But not willing to spend money from pocket ;D

08. Samity: - We already have this forum, and we keep continuing ;)

And the last thing decided was we keep in touch.

Best regards.

Shumon

rana22april

Aug 1, 2010
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2010
Doc's Request.
1st AOR :04-08-2010
AOR Received.
2nd AOR : 05-01-2011
File Transfer...
SG: 24-11-2010,IP: 26-04-2012,Baby's file: 22-05-2012
Med's Request
Dtd:15-11-12, Rcvd :27-11-2012
Med's Done....
28-11-2012 , RPRF: 11-12-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-01-2013, VFS: 14-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-02-2013, rcvd from VFS:10-02-2013
LANDED..........
19-06-2013
beximco said:
YES my status changed on Friday and I received a mail from VFS. VFS tracking shows that passport has been released on 8th February and it will take 2, 3 days transit to reach application center. I think we may expect to get it on Monday.
Congratulation Beximco bro.
Waiting to hear same news from Pr1979 brother and BDimmigrant brother by this week.

pr1979

Aug 26, 2012
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07 May 2010
Doc's Request.
15 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
15 Oct 2010
IELTS Request
Sent to SGVO with all documents
File Transfer...
In process since 26 Mar 2012
Med's Request
09 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
13 Nov 2012, RPRF other docs sent 23 Nov 2012, E-cas: "Medical results have been received." appears on 01 Dec 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28 Dec 2012 - Passport submitted to VFS on 15 Jan 2013, E-cas: "Decision Made" on 03 Feb 2013
VISA ISSUED...
31 Jan 2013, Passport Received from VFS on 18 Feb 2013
LANDED..........
07-06-2013
beximco said:
YES my status changed on Friday and I received a mail from VFS. VFS tracking shows that passport has been released on 8th February and it will take 2, 3 days transit to reach application center. I think we may expect to get it on Monday.
Congratz beximco brother. I still have no update.

yfas

Star Member
Oct 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hhshumon said:

01. Driving licence: - Get the original driving licence from BRTA for you and for your spouse both, (might take 1 month max, Its good to avail Driving licence over there)
- Get the driving practice here for both of you as much as possible (Over there 30 CAD/ 1 hour session & knowing nothing might require 40 hours )
- Get a no claim certificate for 4-5 years from your insurance company (Give name, DOB, PP number, it helps a cheaper insurance quote)
- Own transport helps to have quick jobs (80-90% jobs come with own transport and holding proper licence as pre-condition) and proper job searching.
- Get free Navigation software installed in your smart phone/ I phone, which helps job/place searching with post code. (Free NAV, Google maps etc)

02. Dollar issue: - We take CAD in cash and nominal USD endorsed in our passport.
- Buy dollars from Bank or known money exchange (Not to take risk, may lose an insignificant amount but still worth it)

- For couple of weeks buy a pay as you go sim (No contract) by then we know which sim fits our requirement best.

04. Housing Issue: - To get accommodated to a relative for couple of weeks (As much as possible ;D)
- Then to rent the accommodation (As you get stuck for a year with usually any rent)
- Accommodation is recommended nearby a better school and public transport and takes time to find appropriate one that fits our budget.
- If situation permits share with another family (Good for small size families though)

- But still found two streams (Start job and gradually fit in the main stream and to start studying)
- With Canadian degrees we can explore jobs outside Canada if situation demands (USA, Middle east etc with our passport)
- Get 4/5 set attested copy of mark sheets and certificates with institution envelops and properly sealed

07. Flight Issue: - Rana bhai suggested to take 2/3 days break on the way at Istanbul, With on arrival visa, cheap hotel and cheap food. He really enjoyed it.
- I say I will spend some times at Dubai (wish to see the tallest Burj al khalif) probably for 20 hours, But not willing to spend money from pocket ;D

Best regards.

Shumon

Well done. The meeting will help all the newly immigrants a lot. We (Out side of Dhaka) have missed the chance to join with you. I am from Chittagong.

yfas

Star Member
Oct 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
beximco said:
Congratulations ! Be grateful to the Almighty.

casayed

Champion Member
Feb 9, 2011
BANGLADESH
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th March,2011
AOR Received.
No,IP-26th Nov
IELTS Request
SUBMITTED
File Transfer...
4TH JUNE,2011
Med's Request
1st week of December,2012
Med's Done....
1st week of december 2012
Interview........
Decsion made on24th january,2013(NO INTERVIEW)
Passport Req..
along with mr,passport submission on 2nd week of December12
VISA ISSUED...
28th JANUARY,2013
LANDED..........
PLANNING-*in sha ALLAH on 10th june
pr1979 said:
Congratz beximco brother. I still have no update.
In sha ALLAH tomorrow u will get the update

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
bamepo said:
Got my visa yesterday morning! I submit it in person on Feb 4 and collect it on Feb 7.
Wish you guys have the same luck as mine
Thank you all for your supports.

BTW, Congrat to classical_beat and MMD_BD for your visas, too.
Congrats!! :)

pr1979

Aug 26, 2012
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07 May 2010
Doc's Request.
15 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
15 Oct 2010
IELTS Request
Sent to SGVO with all documents
File Transfer...
In process since 26 Mar 2012
Med's Request
09 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
13 Nov 2012, RPRF other docs sent 23 Nov 2012, E-cas: "Medical results have been received." appears on 01 Dec 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28 Dec 2012 - Passport submitted to VFS on 15 Jan 2013, E-cas: "Decision Made" on 03 Feb 2013
VISA ISSUED...
31 Jan 2013, Passport Received from VFS on 18 Feb 2013
LANDED..........
07-06-2013
hhshumon said:

Best regards.

Shumon
Thanks sumon bhai, to take the lead to summarize our discussion. Nicely presented. +1 for you

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
dhaka121 said:
Enjoy a wonderful evening with some of our forum-mates. (Hhshumon, Dhaka121, rana22april, Sohel4math, pr1979, Polash...)

It was an amazing Get-together in the BRAC University Roof top.

We discuss on a lot of issues like:
Travel planning
Dollar carrying issue
Canadian Life style
Carrier planning issues
Flat rental issues
Kids schooling issues
Driving license
Car insurance issue
Higher study plan
OSAP loan issue
Transit time
Formation of Bangladesh Immigrant Association
Medical Insurance issues and so many things....

Special thanks deserve Hhshumon vai for his nice hospitality for in-door & out-door (Roof top) arrangement with “Puri+Siggara+Lemon Tea”....

We feel absence of our other forum-mates....

Hope next Get-together will be more participating and more supportive before leaving BD
This is such a wonderful intiative!

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
MMH_BD brother, If I were given a chance to chose any of the countries in the world for living as an immigrant, I would have chosen Australia first.

# Australia recognizes degree obtained from other countries but Canada does not. So, your Australian degree might not be any of use in Canada , if you plan to stay there permanently and build your career in future.

# Australia has a lot better climate compared to Canada.

# Australia is a good destination for Doctors . But Canada is not.

# Job opportunities are also lot better in Australia compared to Canada..

# 3 of my excolleagues, migrated 2-3 years ago, are now working in Siemens Australia, ABB, Australia with their Bangladeshi degrees where as , 3-4 classmates of mine migrated in Canada in same time are struggling with survival jobs and still studying with a hope of getting better job in future.

Well, the above are my opinion and perception only which may differ with others....
I completely agree with you!

But people also remember that:
- Canada is the land of immigrants. So you will find thousands more like you. So you won't feel out of place. Kokhono mone hobe na, "Eta koi ashe porlam!"

- The social services of Canada has more options for their citizens, so in 20 years it will help you in a lot of ways (jokhon amra bura hoye jabo :) ).

- It will be much easier get survival jobs in Canada. (Odd jobs, part time jobs).

- Canada does not tolerate racism, where in Australia is known for racism.

- Australian English shunle mone hoy, raastar galagalir moto lol.... Canada-r English accent o different, but New immigrant der jonno oneeeeek helpful hobe. To understand their language IS THE FIRST quality you will need. (Apni ki bhabe kono job korben, jodi apni oder language tai thik moto na bujhen?). Language proficiency je koto important ekta bepar, sheta okhane jabar por bujhte parben. Ar spoken English is wayyy different than movie'r Englsih.

Just my opinions :)

INDIANAJONES

Aug 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-MAY-2010
Doc's Request.
1st AOR Received : 09-OCT-2010
Nomination.....
DOCS Submitted : 03-FEB-2011
AOR Received.
ECAS : Medical Received
IELTS Request
Submitted with Score With 1st Application Package
File Transfer...
2nd AOR Received : 09-MAY-2011
Med's Request
11-OCT-2012
Med's Done....
20-NOV-2012
Interview........
No Interview
Passport Req..
06-DEC-2012
VISA ISSUED...
06-JAN-2013 Valid Till 31-OCT-2013
LANDED..........
01 AUG 2013
bamepo said:
Got my visa yesterday morning! I submit it in person on Feb 4 and collect it on Feb 7.
Wish you guys have the same luck as mine
Thank you all for your supports.

BTW, Congrat to classical_beat and MMD_BD for your visas, too.
Dear Bamepo,

First of All Heartiest Congratulations to you.

So far I guess, you are at your 26th week now. :) And your due date is around May 2013, What are you planning?

I do not think it will be wise to travel at this stage of your health. So far I know, Airlines even do not take passengers like your stage. Do research on this issue, plan for his/her processing --- WISHING YOU GOOD HEALTH AND SMOOTH FURTHER PROCESSING.

Best Regards,

INDIANAJONES.

INDIANAJONES

Aug 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-MAY-2010
Doc's Request.
1st AOR Received : 09-OCT-2010
Nomination.....
DOCS Submitted : 03-FEB-2011
AOR Received.
ECAS : Medical Received
IELTS Request
Submitted with Score With 1st Application Package
File Transfer...
2nd AOR Received : 09-MAY-2011
Med's Request
11-OCT-2012
Med's Done....
20-NOV-2012
Interview........
No Interview
Passport Req..
06-DEC-2012
VISA ISSUED...
06-JAN-2013 Valid Till 31-OCT-2013
LANDED..........
01 AUG 2013
hhshumon said:

Best regards.

Shumon
I voted you a +1 for all your endeavors, successful arrangement of Get-Together and the itinerary above.

ALL THE BEST.

INDIANAJONES.

Arif.Ahmed

Apr 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iamroth said:
I completely agree with you!

But people also remember that:
- Canada is the land of immigrants. So you will find thousands more like you. So you won't feel out of place. Kokhono mone hobe na, "Eta koi ashe porlam!"

- The social services of Canada has more options for their citizens, so in 20 years it will help you in a lot of ways (jokhon amra bura hoye jabo :) ).

- It will be much easier get survival jobs in Canada. (Odd jobs, part time jobs).

- Canada does not tolerate racism, where in Australia is known for racism.

- Australian English shunle mone hoy, raastar galagalir moto lol.... Canada-r English accent o different, but New immigrant der jonno oneeeeek helpful hobe. To understand their language IS THE FIRST quality you will need. (Apni ki bhabe kono job korben, jodi apni oder language tai thik moto na bujhen?). Language proficiency je koto important ekta bepar, sheta okhane jabar por bujhte parben. Ar spoken English is wayyy different than movie'r Englsih.

Just my opinions :)
All the opinions sounds so lame specially the last two. Well I am trying australia cause i cant apply to canada. Although Canada is better cause my sister is going there as a migrant inshallah by this August .The good thing about canada is that even you can not get a job you may go for higher studies with good and easy govt loan. With canadian degree it should get easier to get a good job .

Sky Blue

Jun 3, 2012
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
IP 01.05.2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
hhshumon said:

Best regards.

Shumon
Useful information. thanks bro

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
Arif.Ahmed said:
All the opinions sounds so lame specially the last two. Well I am trying australia cause i cant apply to canada. Although Canada is better cause my sister is going there as a migrant inshallah by this August .The good thing about canada is that even you can not get a job you may go for higher studies with good and easy govt loan. With canadian degree it should get easier to get a good job .
Arif.Ahmed bhai, this is just my opinion. Of course you may have your own feelings about this.
But still I don't get how you can say "All the opinions sounds so lame".
I mean we don't know each other. How can you say that my opinions are lame?
Please maintain a level of respect among each other.