Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
VISA ISSUED...
15 th Nov,2012
tracy422 said:
Hey All,
Please help me.

2 days back I got an E-Mail in which I have been requested to mail my original passport to a Canadian Embassy within 30 days to receive my VISA; however I cannot make it for two reasons:

1- My passport has expired and I have applied for a new one which takes few weeks.
2- On 20th of Feb 2013 I have to travel to the U.S.A for a business trip for 10 days. Therefore I need my passport.

I can only mail the original passport to the Canadian Embassy after 45 days from today (NOT within 30 days that they have asked me).

What can I do?
If I Email the embassy, will they provide me an extension for passport submission?

Please leave me your comments and experiences

Cheers,
Tracy
Inform them that your passport has expired and you already applied for new one, which may take 40 days to get. You will be able to send passport to them after getting the new one. They will allow you the time. Dont worry.

Also dont forget to send them the new PP copy as soon as you receive them to update your file.

hhshumon

Jan 21, 2013
The other things just to remember, carry camera/ handycam bags, computer bags, heavy jacket (either requires or not) by hand as these are free as cabin luggage with that 7 kg allowance/ passenger.

Thanks Ahmed B for the feedback.

Ahmed B said:
For flying to and from any destinations in North or South America the allowed total number of baggage is 02 {23 kg each with specific dimensions (length + width + height) of each piece must not exceed 158 cm (62 inches) for Economy passengers. The total combined dimensions of both pieces must not exceed 273 cm (107 inches)}. As cabin baggage Economy Class customers are permitted one piece of carry-on baggage that may not exceed 22 x 15 x 8 inches (55 x 38 x 20cm) and must weigh no more than 15lb (7kg).

Though in IOM's brochure you can see about offer of extra baggage facility, their email mentions that the allowance is 02 baggage of 20 kg each. But don't worry, the allowance is 23 kg each and I have confirmed it from Emirates office. So the amount is same for all passengers whether IOM's client or not.

Take care.

hhshumon

Jan 21, 2013
Hoquebd said:
Inform them that your passport has expired and you already applied for new one, which may take 40 days to get. You will be able to send passport to them after getting the new one. They will allow you the time. Dont worry.

Also dont forget to send them the new PP copy as soon as you receive them to update your file.
Just wondering, if someone requires to mention the passport might take 40 days, while the passport has the issuing date embedded and while a USA immigration entry/ exit stamp on the new passport. I think its better to ask them time for both a passport renewal and a pre-planned visit to another country, which is very much common.

Hoquebd

Jan 24, 2012
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
VISA ISSUED...
15 th Nov,2012
hhshumon said:
Just wondering, if someone requires to mention the passport might take 40 days, while the passport has the issuing date embedded and while a USA immigration entry/ exit stamp on the new passport. I think its better to ask them time for both a passport renewal and a pre-planned visit to another country, which is very much common.
hmmmmm . Good point... After they reschedule your PP submission time they will never check where have you travelled with the new PP and when you received it. They will only check your profile and PP expiry date.
But yes you r right it will be better to inform them about your pre-planned visit as well . Well advised bro..

hasan_bd

Star Member
Feb 18, 2011
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2010
Doc's Request.
15-06-2010
AOR Received.
02-11-2010
IELTS Request
IELTS send with full document
File Transfer...
06-10-2010
Med's Request
12-10-2012
Med's Done....
06-11-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Feb'2013
LANDED..........
July'2013
hasan_bd said:
Dear All,

Today I got a response of CSI as bellow:

"The medical of your spouse is pending assessment."

I did my medical on 1st week of Nov'2012 and submit all passport on last week of Nov. What should i do/ can do now??

Experience member please suggest on this situation.

Hasan
Members are requested to advice on the above situation.

pr1979

Aug 26, 2012
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07 May 2010
Doc's Request.
15 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
15 Oct 2010
IELTS Request
Sent to SGVO with all documents
File Transfer...
In process since 26 Mar 2012
Med's Request
09 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
13 Nov 2012, RPRF other docs sent 23 Nov 2012, E-cas: "Medical results have been received." appears on 01 Dec 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28 Dec 2012 - Passport submitted to VFS on 15 Jan 2013, E-cas: "Decision Made" on 03 Feb 2013
VISA ISSUED...
31 Jan 2013, Passport Received from VFS on 18 Feb 2013
LANDED..........
07-06-2013
nano24482 said:
Hello dear friends,
I am writing this post about my experiences in Canada and I hope that you all (especially Indians and other south Asians) can benefit from a female perspective.
I am in Canada since Sep 2012. I came on a visitor visa and then got myself an open work permit. I have also applied for PR in 2010 and recently received medicals.
Expectations before application/immigration:
Let me put it bluntly “Canada is not dreamland”. If you dream of earning millions and millions, just by being in a foreign location (even by working hard) or if you dream of getting a job with salary in 6 figures than this is not the place for you. Per capita income of Canada is in approx. $40,000 and GINI index being lower most of the people earn something in that range.
So the question comes, what exactly is good in Canada, financially (and let's be frank, we all are in it for the money or at least it is our first motivator).
1. Job stability: Once you land a good job you can practically stick with it till you retire(just like the old Indian government jobs)
2. Benefits: Even though salary is low there will be other perks and benefits like medical insurance(basic is covered by state, but dental, optical, medicine) or car insurance or home insurance ,etc.
3. Loans for businesses(for those with the entrepreneur spirit): Once you have a good credit history you can take a loan for business
So in a nutshell, if your expectations are to have a good middle class lifestyle Canada can be the place for you.
Packing(what to bring and what to leave):
As space is limited you may need to leave lot of things so below is a summary of some important things. Make appropriate changes
1. Clothes: Leave maximum of your ethnic/traditional Indian clothes(unless you are orthodox and insist on wearing them), the reason being most of them are not practical for the weather here. Bring most of your jeans, pants, shirts, t-shirts, vests, undergarments. Even though fashion here is different, you don't want to invest much initially when you don't even have a job
2. Shoes & other accessories: Leave open sandals home and bring you sport shoes/formal office shoes/pumps/ballet flats with you. Shoes here are very different as they are designed for snow/rains and extreme cold weather. Similar shoes in India will be very costly. Bring all your belts, wallets, purses if possible.
3. Food: If you plan to stay in Toronto or Vancouver, all Indian spices and food is available there, but you can bring some basic spices like chillies, turmeric, as you may need to start cooking for asap to save money. If you plan to settle somewhere other than any major city pack as many as you can. More important than spices is to pack Indian Tea(for the tea addicts and there would be a lot of them here I guess). Indian tea is available in Toronto, but not much in other areas of Ontario. So pack as many as you can. One thing to bring especially for single people is ready made Indian food packets(by MTR of any other brand) for those nights when u don't want to cook.
4. Cooking Utensils: Bring a pressure cooker if you want. All other things are good here though a bit costly.
5. Electronics: Don't be over generous and give away your laptops or cell phones or costly earphones/headphones to your relatives thinking you will get new one there. Remember you are a struggling immigrant and not some millionaire (more about cell phones later). Other gadgets like refrigerator, TV, microwave, small appliances from kitchen probably won't work in Canada so leave them in India(probably with some relative or locked in a storage)
6. Makeup and toiletries: Even though they are cheaper in Canada bring small sized shampoos, soaps, creams and lotions with you. You don't want to run to a drugstore on landing.
7. Medicines: If you are on prescription than pack enough to last you at least 6 months (along with doctor's prescription). Also carry normal cough, cold, fever, pain medications and vitamins etc. if you take them. Also pack spare spectacles, contact lenses & contact lens cleaning solution.
Flying and Landing:
If you are like me and have never travelled outside the country, this will be a very exciting time for you.
1. Make sure all your documentation is perfect and you do not have extra luggage.
2. Reach airport at least 3 to 4 hours before flight.
3. If you are travelling alone always keep your luggage with you at the airport.
4. Do not agree to carry anyone's luggage while travelling.
5. You will be asked to fill a form before take-off at the airport and in plane before landing.
6. Keep a pen with you.
7. You are allowed to carry liquid in small quantity. So put all you lotions, medicines, contact lense solutions, contact lense case in a transparent zip lock bag. Make sure that all the liquids you carry have labels and ingredients marked properly.
8. Do the same thing for baby food. Do not carry local/ayurvedic medicines for infants in your carry bag, especially things which have non English labels, eg gripe water/massage oil. You can put them in your main luggage.
9. You can bring food items like chocolates, protein bars, biscuits, with you for munching especially if you have kids.
First few Days:
On landing you will notice that the air quality is just too good, roads are good. Everything will feel organized.
You'll notice that there are women everywhere (I am serious, guys). It is a good time to get your PR card/ SIN no, after that open a bank account, getting a driving license (but not a car), maybe start job hunting and house hunting. I am not getting into details about how to get PR card and driving license, as I have neither of those.
Getting a bank account:
Select your bank wisely. As banks are not centralized (like Indian banks) everything has a price. You want a cheque book-you have to pay, you want a statement-you have to pay, you want more transactions-you have to pay. In short banks here are into profit making(I am not saying it is good or bad, but that's how it is)
In my opinion TD Canada has more branches in Ontario. So it is a good option for Ontario bound immigrants. RBC, BMO, Scotiabank, are good too.
Opening a bank account can require a SIN No, permanent address, salary slip(in some cases), so do your homework and go.
Getting a cell phone:
Your cell phone is your friend in a job hunt, so get one ASAP. Services are available as pay-before or pay-after. Most of us new immigrants being jobless won't have a good credit history or no credit history so getting a pay-after account(and getting that iphone or S-III on cheap) is not feasible. With pay before account you will have to purchase your cell phone and then a sim card and then pay monthly charges(similar to India). Initially you can go with a cheap service provider like wind mobile, mobilicity, public mobile, chat-r rather than going with Rogers or Bell. Do not get into contract with them any of them which will tie you up for 3 years, even if you get qualified as you don't know where your job hunt may take you. P.S. Get a service with voicemail.
Job Hunting:
Minimum Wage Jobs: Also known as survival jobs. Most of jobs in Canada are through reference or word of mouth. So use it as an advantage and ask your relatives or friends, in Canada for a job reference. Network through facebook, linkedin, twitter, email, phone, or any other means possible. Std job wages are 10 to 10.50 in Ontario(maybe Canada) After tax cut it may be 9 or 8.50. Now these wages are not so bad if you maintain a modest lifestyle, but the problem with these jobs are that you need to work at least 35 to 40 hours get min $1500/month to live a decent lifestyle, and therein lies the problem. These jobs are not available for full time work. Most of the time you may have to start with 10 to 20 hours and work multiple jobs. Since I have not transitioned into a proper job, I can't speak about it much, but the best way to get into a job is through college diplomas or certificate. For eg, one of my husband's friend did engineering in India, than some MBA type course in University, but couldn't get his hand on a job, so he joined a certificate course regarding engineering drawings, and got a job from campus itself. The job was not high paying, but as he had a bachelor's degree he was considered for promotion and now he earns decent wages.
House Hunting:
Housing is the costliest thing in Canada(ok in India or elsewhere too) If possible stay with your relative in your initial 15 day period and get your things in order and at least a min wage job.
Rent for single person on shared basis starts from $350 to $450, a 1 bedroom apartment starts from $550. Rental home comes with a fridge and stove and sometimes microwave.
While renting consider utility cost too. The cost can be divided into
Rent: it's obvious
Hydro (electricity): Generally Included if it is shared basis and not included in apartments
Heat (through gas or oil): Most of the time it is included in shard basis and apartments, You may need to pay if you are renting the whole house.
Water: It is same as heat mostly
Laundry: generally included in shared basis, but not in apartment, may be included in houses.
Word of Advice: Do not run to the latest Ikea, walmart to buy your furniture as soon as you get a home. You may be changing homes soon, and you need to remember that you are the one who is gonna carry it(no manual labourers in Canada)
In general you may need to pay 1st and last months rent and need to sign a lease of 1 year.
Transportation:
Cars are cheaper than India.
Insurance are high-expect something in the range of $150 to $300 a month if you have a decent car
Petrol is approx the same price as it is in India.
Public transportation is good. It is cheaper than getting a car initially, plus you get a tax benefit if you are in Ontario. Monthly bus pass will cost you around $80 per person. So make sure you live nearby your work.
P.S. Learn to use maps for driving and transit on your smart phones or computers.
Eating out, Groceries etc:
From what I have noticed that things are more or less the same cost as India with CAD to INR conversion. Most of the people here buy stuff when its on a sale. And anything can be on sale in a store from milk to butter to milk to meat to grains. So you need to look out for deals. Consider more than $6 for everytime you eat at a fast food restaurant. Eating out in a restaurant can be costly and can start from a min of $25 for 2 person.
General Culture:
Canadians are generally peace loving and laid back. As I mentioned earlier you will find lot of women. First of all there are more women in Canada than there are men and they form a major part of the workforce. It is a pretty safe place so women here work till late especially in drugstores or supermarkets. Canadians love small talks(nonsense talk about weather, sports nothing in particular just to be polite) so use it to your advantage.
Try not to be judgmental(big problem with us Indians) on other people's life choices.

I hope this post will help you all in your initial transition period.

hs602

Star Member
Jan 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-09-2012
LANDED..........
Planning to Land in April 2013
Ahmed B said:
I forgot to inform one important thing. After getting your tickets from IOM you must go/contact Emirates office (at Gulshan-1) for pre-booking of your hotel accommodation, transport, visa and meal confirmation during stopover at Dubai Airport (if the stopover is longer than 8 hours, or if there is any special promotional offer like 'Dubai connect'). There is allocation of one room/ticket for each adult person. But you must ensure the booking. It can also be done during departure for Dhaka Airport but the Emirates officials encourages pre-booking so that you won't be in trouble later on. You can also choose and book your seat from there. If you need extra baggage you can also know the procedure and cost.

Thanks to everyone of this forum for your warm support.
This is useful message ....

hs602

Star Member
Jan 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-09-2012
LANDED..........
debu said:
Dear iamroth,
Validity of National ID Card is 15years from the date of issue.

Thanks,
Dibakar
Exactly that. 15 yeras from the date of issue. I did it in my form and it was accepted.

hhshumon

Jan 21, 2013
Hoquebd said:
hmmmmm . Good point... After they reschedule your PP submission time they will never check where have you travelled with the new PP and when you received it. They will only check your profile and PP expiry date.
But yes you r right it will be better to inform them about your pre-planned visit as well . Well advised bro..
Thank you Hoque bhai.
Salam

hhshumon

Jan 21, 2013
The other thing probably is the 110 volt issue for every electrical appliance. Nothing matches, all the PC, cell phone, camera chargers are to be bought complying 110 volts or an adapter converting 240 to 110.

Appropriate winter warm cloths are available now and probably till march. I think its better to buy from lots of available options now, (opposite to dhaka college and 1st floor of new market, Just dont go to any malls). Good brands like H&M, GAP, Zara are ample with various sizes with 1/10th the actual price (Referring to tights, leg-gins, comforters, wind cheaters etc). Some of them are selling multi layered proper outdoor working jackets (Namely CAT, Du-pont) and I bought one for my brother with 1400 Taka, its unbelievable. (The regular price tag CAD 120 is still on it).

For shoes probably its something with good grips underneath, no flat sole and till ankle. Get to google image search with canada winter shoes, it explains all.

If some one has better experience, ideas we could share.
Regs

hs602

Star Member
Jan 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-09-2012
LANDED..........
mullermax387 said:
Dear all Bangladeshi forum members,

I have sent my medical, RPRF, PCC & photographs on 17-01-2013. But, still now i don't know whether they have received my Medical test report or not. Again when can i get the passport request? Any suggestion?
Get your DHL/FedEx Trecking and check whether it is received.

Its only 30-day you have sent medical docs. You may have to wait 30-60 days. Its an idea.

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
iamroth said:
Accha bhaiya ra, I have a question.

In the Generic Form-IMM008 Page-2, they are asking:

National Identity Document
Do you have a national identity document?
Document Number
Country of Issue
Issue Date
Expiry Date

Now What is our Expiry date??? Apnara National ID card dekhle bujhben, there is no Expiry date!!

:(

any ideas?? How did u guys fill this section?

Solved: Expiry date can be written as 15years from the date of issuance!
Thanks for the help brothers :)

hs602

Star Member
Jan 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-09-2012
LANDED..........
Thanks for bringing this into attention.

MS127

Star Member
Jun 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2011
Doc's Request.
all sent together
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
03-11-2011
IELTS Request
sent
File Transfer...
21-11-2011
Med's Request
03-12-2012
Med's Done....
06-12-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
3-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
20-02-2013
LANDED..........
20 April,2013
hasan_bd said:
Dear All,

Today I got a response of CSI as bellow:

"The medical of your spouse is pending assessment."

I did my medical on 1st week of Nov'2012 and submit all passport on last week of Nov. What should i do/ can do now??

Experience member please suggest on this situation.

Hasan
sent you a PM. plz, check inbox