Oct 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Raj_Hoque said:
Dear Forum Mates,

Just to Inform you that I have arrived Toronto Safely Yesterday evening. Had a nice flight with Turkish Airlines. I had to take Business Class for my wife's comfort as she is pregnant. However, Turkey Immigration took $60 for Turkey Visa from 3 of my family member. We checked in to a 5-Star hotel given by Turkish Airlines. We took Nap and had a nice Breakfast (Mostly with thousand types of Cheese where Goat Cheese was also there) given by Turkish Airlines.
We arrived Toronto at 5:30 PM. After Passport Control I inform them that I am a new Immigrant and they push me to New Immigration Services Canada. There was a queue but one Chinese Guy was very Active. He took sign from me and family in the COPR and wrote the addresses by himself after getting it from me. But please declare that you have brought XXXX Amount of money which is more than 10,000 and more money to be coming from Bangladesh so that this information is kept in their System. They might ask you how you will bring the money or may not ask it. But obviously you should tell that you have a car/land to sell and bring more money. But mostly they will not ask you the amount. Then the immigration officer will give you the copy of COPR/Landed Paper and void/cancel your current visa by crossing over the stamp. But don't be scared...your PR Card is enough for you to travel to Canada from outside for next 5 years.
I am fortunate enough that 2 of my friends came to pick me with their SUV and VAN. I am now residing in Brampton which is just 20 minutes drive from the airport.
My friend has arranged a nice accommodation at his own house for me and family and heartily invited me to stay untill or unless we are planning to decide accommodation.
On the next day morning which is today...Outside temperature is -1 or 0 like that but the whole city is covered with 1 feet of White Snow. Then we went to Services Canada and Apply for SIN card for all the family members. Then apply for Child Benefits program online...(not sure how much shall I get...but they provide CDN 100 for sure for a child untill 6 years of age and if you have no income then additional CDN 500 to be provided). Let's see how much I get.
Then I bought one Post Paid SIM with Rogers without any contract. Calling charge or Packages are quiet expensive. I got a deal from Rogers with CDN 65/month + VAT with Unlimited Voice+SMS all over Canada and first 3 months no charge with a deposit of CDN 100 (as I have no Credit History here) which is refundable anytime I want to dis-continue Rogers Services. Better use Calling Card to Call to BD. You can buy 100 minutes talk time with 2.5 CDN only. But calling from Cell is bit expensive.
Next thing is Bank Account Opening. Today is 31st Dec and no transaction happens in Bank and tomorrow is Holiday all over Canada. So I have to open Account on 2nd Jan. But better to open Account through Royal Bank of Canada because this is the Bank which will give Credit Cards to new immigrant with the opening of Accounts. Make sure you open account for yourself and for your spouse separately. It will better for future credit history.
Also I have to go to Driving Authority to re-issue my Canadian expired (2004) G license. Not sure what process I have to follow.
And the other thing is getting my daughter admitted in School. All schools are closed untill January 7. So have to wait Untill then. But before that I have a to have a Bank Account for Address Verification. You must bring your Childs Transfer Certificate is he/she is already going to school in BD and Immunization Card.
My daughter is passing a very nice and playing time with my friends 2 kids who are very close to her age and my wife is having a nice chatting time with my friends wife and here I am typing alone in this Forum. ;)
However...tonight is the 31st Night Party and I have invited by many friends to go partying with them...but decided to give time to my wife and daughter as they are very new here and trying to catch up with Canadian life and Cultures. That's All for today...have go out for a little Smoke :D
I will keep you guys posted if you have any questions...
By the way...I already spoke to my 15-20 friends living in Toronto and all assured me that the Job Market is very good now...and all of them acknowledge that I have chosen a good time for coming to Canada as most of the job openings start from March...and Cold...Please neglect it...once you come to Canada it is Part of your life...so get used to of it...

thanks for a great post and keep it up. Thank you

sMark

Star Member
Jun 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
Doc's Request.
June 2010
AOR Received.
July 2010
Med's Request
11 Oct, 2012
Med's Done....
22 Oct, 2012
Raj_Hoque said:
Thanks a ton Colors/Rashed/MNW and rest other members...Another important things to know about Child Benefit Programs is that this program applicant would be your Wife...not the Husband...In Canada Mother's name to be used everywhere...Father even though has taken the hardship but alas his name won't appear in most cases of Children benefit or other cases :p ...and 2nd thing is that don't declare your/your spouse income statement more than 20,000/Year when applying Child Benefit Program...if you show more you get less amount of money... ;D that's the thumb rule here and apply all the categories to get the most benefit out of it...third thing is Bring your Driver's License in English...if not possible in English bring the International Driver's License so that you can at least drive in this freaking cold...without car your family will be shattered in few days for sure when walking on the snow and get the risk of fallen with broken bones...don't feel shy of anything like talking to any sales agent in store or anywhere you go for shopping/grocery etc...encourage your spouse to talk to locals so that he/she get used to mix up with people here...Finally take this country as your 2nd Home...Feel your presence here and try to enjoy most of it...and stick to anything like Glue...bring your success on your own..take help from friends, neighbors, little known people...least but not last...make yourself success anyhow...anyway...Insallah Allah shall be with you...Don't forget to say your prayers regularly as you are doing home...Good Luck to All of you..If anyone needs any info or help please PM me...I'm still free and jobless untill the end of this month :p
Happy New year to everyone of this forum.

Dear Raj_Hoque bhai,

Congratulation and thank you for sharing this important information with us. I need few more information:

1. How much money you can carry with you in the airport?
2. Is it possible to drive car with a driving license issued from Bangladesh? If your answer is yes, then how long it will be valid?

I would be very grateful and thanking you in advance.

Z AND Z

Star Member
Dec 10, 2012
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-07-2012
Doc's Request.
22-12-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2012
IELTS Request
Overall 6.5. Sent with the application. TCFQ updated later (A2 both).
Med's Request
Long way to go!!!
Med's Done....
Not yet
Interview........
Finger crossed!!!
Passport Req..
Long way to go!!!
VISA ISSUED...
Long way to go!!!
LANDED..........
Long way to go!!!
sMark said:
Happy New year to everyone of this forum.

Dear Raj_Hoque bhai,

Congratulation and thank you for sharing this important information with us. I need few more information:

1. How much money you can carry with you in the airport?
[size=10pt][size=10pt]2. Is it possible to drive car with a driving license issued from Bangladesh? If your answer is yes, then how long it will be valid?[/size][/size]

I would be very grateful and thanking you in advance.
Please visit the provided links in regards to your query highlighted in the quote. Thanks.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/new_zealand-nouvelle_zelande/consular_services_consulaires/license-permis.aspx?view=d

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Driving_licence_in_Canada

Raj_Hoque

Feb 13, 2012
Bangladesh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-2012
LANDED..........
December 30, 2012
pr1979 said:
Thanks again Raj_houque bhai. Very helpful tips

One thing. You said about income - should be shown less than 20000/year to get child benefit, but as a new immigrant you would have 0 income there. Do they also count the income earned at our home country?
They will be asking your last year income...even though you had not been to Canada but if your income is higher than 20K then this will lessen your benefit amount.

Raj_Hoque

Feb 13, 2012
Bangladesh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-2012
LANDED..........
December 30, 2012
Badal789 said:
Congrats for your happy landing and thanks for sharing the information. Good decision to have a `made in Canada` ;)
Indeed Badal Bhai.... ;D

Raj_Hoque

Feb 13, 2012
Bangladesh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-2012
LANDED..........
December 30, 2012
newyear said:
Dear Raj_Hoque Bhai,

Thanks for sharing your experience. Just some quick questions:

1. In what form did you take the fund? Cash, TC or other form? How did you carry the excess fund above your quota?
Cash. All the cash carried in my Laptop Bag.
2. I have shown POF CDN 21,000. Does it mean that I need to bring the full amount?
It doesn't matter how much you showed during your immigration file...important is how much you are bringing.
3. Did you have to book a return ticket or a one way ticket would do?
If you are going to stay permanently then Obviously One Way :p
4. Are you covered under a temporary insurance?
Yes..I bought it from BD before coming here. Effective from the day I landed.
5. Is Immunization records for kids a must? If we don't have the records for my kids what can be done
Better to have this as this will be required by School. If not then school will advise you further what to be done
6. Do we need to file a tax return after arriving? How to do it?
TAX Return you will file once you start making money here and complete the fiscal year...

Hope I'm not bothering you much.

Regards

Zahid
Hi Zahid...Please find my response in BOLD RED.

Badal789

Nov 29, 2011
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2006
IELTS Request
30-11-2009
No news of MR recently. Hope they are working with new files and will start MR rain again soon. At present is calm and quiet before the MR storm.
Please all join to pray for us............ Thanks.

mahinhossain

Star Member
Nov 5, 2011
Calgary
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-10-2016
Doc's Request.
23-11-2016
Nomination.....
29-11-2016
AOR Received.
01-03-2017
File Transfer...
11-04-2017
Med's Request
26-05-2017
Med's Done....
03-06-2017
Passport Req..
21-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-08-2017
LANDED..........
06-02-2018
Guys,

Anyone have any clue on qualification assessment....????

BR///
Mahin

Along Came Angel

Nov 6, 2012
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24th Feb 2011
Doc's Request.
Submitted together with the forms
Med's Request
27th Oct'12
Med's Done....
10th Nov'12
VISA ISSUED...
16th Dec'12
Raj_Hoque said:
Dear Raj Bhaiya..

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I am planning to go in July'13. As you said that you have carried cash and cash alone. So that's a good thing, but did u have any trouble in BD for that? should I declare it or just keep it with me?..Did u convert all your educational certificate equivalent to Canadian education system?

Thank you for your time. Its a great help for this forum.

soarer

Aug 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PQR said:
in my view it takes 60 days more/less from medical done date to issue PPR
so, we can expect many PPRs in this month insha Allah
Previously it was taking only 3/4 weeks from medical done to PPR, but now they are delaying. What is the reason? Does anyone have any idea?

soarer

Aug 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Raj_Hoque said:
Did you bring CAD or USD? If USD, which conversion rate you followed? It means, conversion rate from internet or Bangladesh Bank rate?

hoquejamal

Mar 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Doc's Request.
Oct 2010
File Transfer...
In process - 08 March 2012
Med's Request
15 Nov 2012 (issued), 29 Nov 2012 (received)
Med's Done....
Med 04 Dec 2012, Other Doc 10 Dec 2012
Passport Req..
25 Feb 2013, Submitted 26 Feb 2013, Recieved by Visa office 1 March 2013
VISA ISSUED...
9 April 2013
LANDED..........
6 September 2013
Raj_Hoque vai,
Thank you very much for your post.
onek valo thakun apnara shobai.

beximco

Apr 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore,Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
August 13, 2013
ID Name Med reached Manila RPRF reached SGVO PR Dt. VFS submit Dt. Visa Stam Dt.

1) Indianajones 20-Nov-12 XXX 06-Dec-12 11-Dec-12 waiting
2) Classical_beat 22-Nov-12 26-Nov-12 waiting waiting waiting
3) rana22april 03 -Dec-12 14-Dec-12 waiting waiting waiting
4) casayed 09-Nov-12 20-Nov-12 With MR 20-Dec-12 waiting
5) GTL 04-Dec-12 10-Dec-12 waiting waiting waiting
6) ruparupa 8-Dec-12 14-Dec-12 waiting waiting waiting
7) khan14. 25-Nov-12 07-Dec-12 waiting. waiting waiting
8)Soarer 21-Nov-12 23-Nov-12 waiting waiting waiting
9) S Mark 22-Nov-12(MR Done) XXX 19-Dec-12
10) nivrit XXX waiting waiting waiting waiting
11) sohel4math 29-Dec-12(MR Done) XXXXX 26-Nov-12 XXXXX XXXXX
12) MMH_BD 15-Nov-12(MR Done) XXXX 27-Dec-12 waiting waiting
13) Meto 23 June-12(MR Done) 02 July 2012 02-Dec-12 09-12-12 Waiting
14) MS127 06-Dec-12(MR Done) 27-12-12 03-Dec-12 20-12-12 waiting
15)plan_master 06-dec-12(MR Done)
16)Beximco 04-Dec-12 24-DEc-12 Waiting Waiting Waiting
17) Spondon 14-Nov-12 22-Nov-12 29-Oct-12 19-Nov-12 Waiting
18) Hoquejamal 04-Dec-12 10-Dec-12 Waiting Waiting Waiting

mthjay

Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2010
Doc's Request.
09-06-2010
AOR Received.
05-08-2010 (Singapore)
IELTS Request
Sent with the 2nd document (AOR)
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
12-10-2012 (Received on 17-10-2012)
Med's Done....
20-10-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Letter Issued: 20-11-2012; Received: 26-11-2012 (Submitted on 17-12-2012)
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-2013 (Valid till 21-10-2013)
LANDED..........
Not yet planned
Raj_Hoque said:
Dear Forum Mates,

Just to Inform you that I have arrived Toronto Safely Yesterday evening. Had a nice flight with Turkish Airlines. I had to take Business Class for my wife's comfort as she is pregnant. However, Turkey Immigration took $60 for Turkey Visa from 3 of my family member. We checked in to a 5-Star hotel given by Turkish Airlines. We took Nap and had a nice Breakfast (Mostly with thousand types of Cheese where Goat Cheese was also there) given by Turkish Airlines.
We arrived Toronto at 5:30 PM. After Passport Control I inform them that I am a new Immigrant and they push me to New Immigration Services Canada. There was a queue but one Chinese Guy was very Active. He took sign from me and family in the COPR and wrote the addresses by himself after getting it from me. But please declare that you have brought XXXX Amount of money which is more than 10,000 and more money to be coming from Bangladesh so that this information is kept in their System. They might ask you how you will bring the money or may not ask it. But obviously you should tell that you have a car/land to sell and bring more money. But mostly they will not ask you the amount. Then the immigration officer will give you the copy of COPR/Landed Paper and void/cancel your current visa by crossing over the stamp. But don't be scared...your PR Card is enough for you to travel to Canada from outside for next 5 years.
I am fortunate enough that 2 of my friends came to pick me with their SUV and VAN. I am now residing in Brampton which is just 20 minutes drive from the airport.
My friend has arranged a nice accommodation at his own house for me and family and heartily invited me to stay untill or unless we are planning to decide accommodation.
On the next day morning which is today...Outside temperature is -1 or 0 like that but the whole city is covered with 1 feet of White Snow. Then we went to Services Canada and Apply for SIN card for all the family members. Then apply for Child Benefits program online...(not sure how much shall I get...but they provide CDN 100 for sure for a child untill 6 years of age and if you have no income then additional CDN 500 to be provided). Let's see how much I get.
Then I bought one Post Paid SIM with Rogers without any contract. Calling charge or Packages are quiet expensive. I got a deal from Rogers with CDN 65/month + VAT with Unlimited Voice+SMS all over Canada and first 3 months no charge with a deposit of CDN 100 (as I have no Credit History here) which is refundable anytime I want to dis-continue Rogers Services. Better use Calling Card to Call to BD. You can buy 100 minutes talk time with 2.5 CDN only. But calling from Cell is bit expensive.
Next thing is Bank Account Opening. Today is 31st Dec and no transaction happens in Bank and tomorrow is Holiday all over Canada. So I have to open Account on 2nd Jan. But better to open Account through Royal Bank of Canada because this is the Bank which will give Credit Cards to new immigrant with the opening of Accounts. Make sure you open account for yourself and for your spouse separately. It will better for future credit history.
Also I have to go to Driving Authority to re-issue my Canadian expired (2004) G license. Not sure what process I have to follow.
And the other thing is getting my daughter admitted in School. All schools are closed untill January 7. So have to wait Untill then. But before that I have a to have a Bank Account for Address Verification. You must bring your Childs Transfer Certificate is he/she is already going to school in BD and Immunization Card.
My daughter is passing a very nice and playing time with my friends 2 kids who are very close to her age and my wife is having a nice chatting time with my friends wife and here I am typing alone in this Forum. ;)
However...tonight is the 31st Night Party and I have invited by many friends to go partying with them...but decided to give time to my wife and daughter as they are very new here and trying to catch up with Canadian life and Cultures. That's All for today...have go out for a little Smoke :D
I will keep you guys posted if you have any questions...
By the way...I already spoke to my 15-20 friends living in Toronto and all assured me that the Job Market is very good now...and all of them acknowledge that I have chosen a good time for coming to Canada as most of the job openings start from March...and Cold...Please neglect it...once you come to Canada it is Part of your life...so get used to of it...
Good Post, indeed. Definitely, it will be a good direction for all of us. Take care and keep us updated from time to time. Best wishes in advance. mthjay :)

mthjay

Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2010
Doc's Request.
09-06-2010
AOR Received.
05-08-2010 (Singapore)
IELTS Request
Sent with the 2nd document (AOR)
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
12-10-2012 (Received on 17-10-2012)
Med's Done....
20-10-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Letter Issued: 20-11-2012; Received: 26-11-2012 (Submitted on 17-12-2012)
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-2013 (Valid till 21-10-2013)
LANDED..........
Not yet planned
Raj_Hoque said:
Hi Raj_Hoque:

The school requires the immunization card up to age of __ ???

Can you please inform? Thanks in advance.