+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

All applying for Jan 2012 intake from Pakistan.

soie76

Star Member
Aug 10, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,
All of you who are applying for Jan 2012 from Pakistan ,kindly join this post so that we can form a support group.

1) University(ies) applying to / course
2) Date applications submitted
3) problems/ thoughts / advice
4) City in Pakistan you are located in.

let me start....

1) Uni of Regina/ MA in Education, Uni of Ottowa/ PhD Organizational Studies,Uni of Saskatchewan/ MEd.
I am going to apply to Nippissing and Uni of Lethbridge too if I dont get admission in any of the above ( Nipp. and Leth start in May and Sept 2012)

2) 8/9/11 uni of Ottowa,
9/9/11 Uni of Saskatchewan
14/09/11 uni of Regina

3) Am very worried that if I get the reply from the uni by oct mid to end , will there be enough time for a visa since it takes 8-10 weeks from Pakistan

What if I get visa and my spouse doesnt ?

Can I get medical done beforehand ?

4) Karachi.

OIssac

Aug 17, 2011
Hi soie76,

I have a Ph.D. offer from UWO. Applying there. If you get the reply by Mid Oct you should have ample time.

I do have a question. My wife/spouse is going with me to Canada and we both are applying for visa at the same time. Should her category be Study Permit or Visitor and does it make any difference in terms of the documents to send?

Regards
Omer

soie76

Star Member
Aug 10, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It depends. Does she want to study too? If you already have an offer from a university then she can apply as a simple dependent on you. Since I am applying on a student visa ( I am hopeful) that my spouse and kids will also get visas. This is done usually.
When you fill out the form for ur visa, you include her name too as travelling with u. She will also get a visa for the same time period as your study permit.
If she wants to study then she should apply for a study permit which of course has way more paper work and you will need to show finances for both of you.

OIssac

Aug 17, 2011
Soie76

Thats the thing you can't just apply as a dependent. each dependent needs to fill in a separate form. As per the current rules. It either needs to be a worker, study or visitor form.

soie76

Star Member
Aug 10, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i get it. then it will be visitor as for worker she would need a job offer. But I have to reconfirm that when u reach canada and on landing when u get the study permit, will she get any sort of visa that matches ur study period. or will she have to extend her visa/ come back at the end of it. I will check n reconfirm. Maybe she can find a job in the 3 months and then apply for a work permit from canada.

In my case we r gonna apply for study permit for me and visitor for my spouse and kids. Then when we reach there he will apply for an open work permit. I dont think we need to apply for our kids study permits as they r all under 8 yrs.

soie76

Star Member
Aug 10, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hey tell me is it easy to get scholarship? how and at what stage did u apply for it. a full scholarship is great. i havent applied for any and think I should have had.

a_a_d

Sep 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. Memorial University of Newfoundland/ Master of Engineering (Oil & Gas Engineering)
2. Application submitted: Late August
3. Application process as smooth as it could go (Alhamdulillah)
4. Islamabad.

As per the scholarship, many universiy websites have link to the available scholarships. But you will have to apply well in time for them and in most of the cases, it is the requirement for a scholarship to be granted that you have been offered admissions in the course you need the scholarship for. It generally depends upon your academics and your overall profile.

Another way of getting scholarship is through a professor, which again is a time taking process in which you contact different professors and share a correspondence stating your research interest and requesting the professor to be your supervisor. Ideally, he should be able to withdraw a funding for you for the research you will be conducting as you study.

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
I'll be applying with spouse too, As per my knowledge, She needs to fill family information form for her family. That's the only extra document that will be submitted along with the application of Study Permit. Am I missing something??

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
eh, actually, I get it. It's the same form ;D lol.. any way, I have paid 1 Study Permit fee and 1 Temporary Resident Fee (both separate) at Standard Chartered.

anzee

Nov 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-I
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2011
Doc's Request.
Mar 2012
AOR Received.
Mar 2012
File Transfer...
Feb 2011
Med's Request
May 2012
Med's Done....
May 2012
Interview........
NO WAY
Passport Req..
Aug 18, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 12, 2012
LANDED..........
???????????
I sent my doc to NAIT and waiting for LOA. on their website the exempt Pakistan for IELTS.

My question i still need IELTS.
what doc i have to submit at CHC-I when applying for study permit?
My bro in Canada and he citizen any help in my case from him

let me know.

thx

farazfca

Star Member
Feb 27, 2011
I got letter of acceptance from NAIT.

And NAIT exempted pakistan for IELTS.

I want to know do I require to give IETLS exam

will canadian embassy in pakistan ask 4 IELTS from me for applying student visa
please tell me about this.

well in documents checklist also IELTS is not included. so wahts a matter shud I appear in IELTS.

please reply me its urgent