No news
Passport Req..
PPR1 7 Nov 2012, PPR2 3rd Dec 2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-Dec-2012
LANDED..........
14 Feb 2013, Calgary
mrs. umar said:
we were checking online.. out of qatar, etihad and emirates, EMIRATES was the cheapest! wasnt expecting that.. and qatar airways has alot of connecting flights to toronto... whereas etihad, and emirates take you there directly via abu dhabi or dubai. and no way are we sitting in PIA for a 14 hr flight with a crappy inflight entertainment system and kids! plus i dont trust their safety checks.
I cant comment on the entertainment, but someone recommended PIA becuase new aeroplanes, direct flight, less expensive and more luggage than others. Ask those who have flown already, most of them recommend. To me taking max luggage is an attaractive offer.

mrs. umar

Star Member
Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ISL-LDN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2009
Doc's Request.
May 2009
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
-
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
August 2010
Med's Request
Feb 2012 --- newborn MR 18th aug 2012
Med's Done....
March 2012 --- newborn MR 28th aug 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
PPR1- 14th sept 2012!!! sent: 20th sept.... PPR-2: 13th oct!!!
VISA ISSUED...
received 20th October!! Alhamdulillah!
LANDED..........
Inshallah by December 2012
Harri said:
I cant comment on the entertainment, but someone recommended PIA becuase new aeroplanes, direct flight, less expensive and more luggage than others. Ask those who have flown already, most of them recommend. To me taking max luggage is an attaractive offer.
would be great if someone who has used PIA to fly to Toronto could share their experience.. also would like to know what the difference is in luggage.. if anyone knows.

khalidcivil

Jul 28, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
One of my freinds recenetly travelled to Tornoto and took the PIA Flight. His flight was right on time and his overall experience was quite pleasant.

I am not sure about the luggage limit as well as the cost effectiveness. I guess, we will have to put in some effort to find out exactly the best option.

mrs. umar said:
would be great if someone who has used PIA to fly to Toronto could share their experience.. also would like to know what the difference is in luggage.. if anyone knows.

KhalidSubhan

Star Member
Aug 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London (Previous islamabad)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
January 2009
File Transfer...
18 april, 2011
Med's Request
27th May, 2012
Med's Done....
June, 2012
Passport Req..
PPR1: 21st august 2012, PPR2: 21 sept, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
16th oct
LANDED..........
22nd feb 2013
faisal123 said:
Ho sakta hai Khalid bhai, ek saath hi land karein... but I won't take PIA, jahaaz puraaney hain...... :D
guys PIA itna bora hay? lolz i didnt know that

TooCareless1

Aug 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PIA is cheapest currently. it's fare is from 85K to 95K depending upon the availability of the seats. Emirates, Etehad are same as well

no one is less. Etehad has Toronto Deal on Return ticket good for those who want to come back after taking PR cards. Return ticket is 110,730 from Karachi.

http://www.etihadairways.com/sites/Etihad/pk/en/home/pages/sales.aspx

guys you can check the above link

regards,

drjafs

Star Member
Sep 12, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6/9/2011
AOR Received.
6/12/2011
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
12.09.2012, Passport recd at LVO on 19.9.2012, Ecas changed to Decision Made on 25.09.12
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully......... Canada address appeared on 04.10.2012!! on ecas,Visa stamped on 3.10.12, passports and COPR received on 13.10.12.
LANDED..........
landed on 12.12.12 by the Grace of God!!
Can someone suggest whether it is worth carrying blankets and utensils to Canada? I feel Electronics and furniture for sure should not be taken. Comment please. Thanks.

Wicked Blues

Mar 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
December 2012
drjafs said:
Can someone suggest whether it is worth carrying blankets and utensils to Canada? I feel Electronics and furniture for sure should not be taken. Comment please. Thanks.
In my opnion if you have space in your luggage than yes it is worth it.

Wicked Blues

Mar 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
December 2012
I am planning to land by the last week of November and so far having difficulties in finding a place to stay temporarily. Could someone suggest a reasonable place to stay for a week in Toronto. As far as flights is concerned from Dubai PIA is still a bit expensive. Is there anyone else landing around the same period. Would appreciate your inputs..... ;)

KhalidSubhan

Star Member
Aug 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
January 2009
File Transfer...
18 april, 2011
Med's Request
27th May, 2012
Med's Done....
June, 2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
16th oct
LANDED..........
22nd feb 2013
Wicked Blues said:
I am planning to land by the last week of November and so far having difficulties in finding a place to stay temporarily. Could someone suggest a reasonable place to stay for a week in Toronto. As far as flights is concerned from Dubai PIA is still a bit expensive. Is there anyone else landing around the same period. Would appreciate your inputs..... ;)
for short stay check the following:

1. http://www.sunnynewcomer.com/prices.asp
2. http://www.safehomestay.com/ourservices.html
3. If you are travelling with family google. STUDIO 6 apartments in toronto

as far as my working is concerned

PIA allows you more luggage.. a friend of mine has travelled through it and according to him its not that bad.. but its a long flight of 14 hrs.. emirates can be a good option too type skyscanner, in google to compare flights

KhalidSubhan

Star Member
Aug 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
January 2009
File Transfer...
18 april, 2011
Med's Request
27th May, 2012
Med's Done....
June, 2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
16th oct
LANDED..........
22nd feb 2013
drjafs said:
I think you should take it. Atleast it would be very helpful in the first few days. And do take lots antibiotics as you cant buy them without a doctors prescription.

mrs. umar

Star Member
Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ISL-LDN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2009
Doc's Request.
May 2009
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
-
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
August 2010
Med's Request
Feb 2012 --- newborn MR 18th aug 2012
Med's Done....
March 2012 --- newborn MR 28th aug 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
PPR1- 14th sept 2012!!! sent: 20th sept.... PPR-2: 13th oct!!!
VISA ISSUED...
received 20th October!! Alhamdulillah!
LANDED..........
Inshallah by December 2012
drjafs said:
We were originally considering taking some furniture etc with us.. but then, everyone we knew in canada advised us against it.. and anyway.. we have no clue what sizes of rooms will be in the appt or house we settle into..
We are now planning to take books, some home decoration items.. and a few home textiles, like bedsheets, rilli and other ethnic type things that we may not find there easily.. will send them via air cargo.

I suppose if one is planning to send cartons via air cargo, one could also send utensils and blankets in that.. but i personally think it would end up costing more in the long run.. and IKEA is a great place to buy great home stuff which is light and quite reasonable for the initial phase.. check their website for the IKEA canada..

prism

Mar 12, 2012
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
Apr 2010
Med's Request
March2012
Med's Done....
April 2012
Hi,

first of all congrats to all of u who r now in a phase of planning their landing trip to canada.thanks for initiating this thread.please count me in also as we have recently got PPR.n as we did medicals in april 2012 so we r also planning to complete landing formalities before april,in march.

anyone who is going first for landing n getting the PR card.,staying there a month or so ....planning to make permanent move later???

Wicked Blues

Mar 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
December 2012
KhalidSubhan said:
for short stay check the following:

1. http://www.sunnynewcomer.com/prices.asp
2. http://www.safehomestay.com/ourservices.html
3. If you are travelling with family google. STUDIO 6 apartments in toronto

as far as my working is concerned

PIA allows you more luggage.. a friend of mine has travelled through it and according to him its not that bad.. but its a long flight of 14 hrs.. emirates can be a good option too type skyscanner, in google to compare flights
Dear Khalid....Thank you and appreciate your inputs bro.... :D I have already tried safehomestay and sunny newcomer but unfortunately both of them are fully booked until the end of this year. :-[ I had e-mailed them 3 months in advance but they were still fully booked until the end of this year. I am sure they have been booked in advance as they are quite cheap and offer reasonable service as well...

I tried Studio 6 as you had mentioned and quite a few others motels as well but even Studio 6 is around $75 to $80 per day. Regarding the flights PIA and Emirates both are good options but both of them are expensive if you take direct flights...PIA only offers 5kg more per passenger compared to the majority of other airlines....Most of the Airlines offer 23 kgs (2 pieces) per passenger and PIA offers 28 kgs (2 pieces) per passenger. So far the best option I am able to find is Emirates Airline from Dubai to London and American Airlines (Operated by British Airways) from London to Toronto for AED 3,074 per passenger 1 way. Tried skyscanner as well mate.... ;)...

khalidcivil

Jul 28, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good to know about your plan.
I am also considering this option of staying there for a month, get the PR card and come back to Pak. Will move permanently after some time. But I am still working out the details of such move. It will be convenient to discuss it personally, if you consider it convenient. If so, plz give your contact info through a PM.
regards,

prism said:
Hi,

first of all congrats to all of u who r now in a phase of planning their landing trip to canada.thanks for initiating this thread.please count me in also as we have recently got PPR.n as we did medicals in april 2012 so we r also planning to complete landing formalities before april,in march.

anyone who is going first for landing n getting the PR card.,staying there a month or so ....planning to make permanent move later???

M Imran Kh

Star Member
May 3, 2012
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
May 2010
Med's Request
Feb 2012
Med's Done....
March 2012
Interview........
Not Requested Yet
Passport Req..
PPR1 = 09-2012, PPR2 = 10-2012
KhalidSubhan said:
Thanks for joining up this thread... I have heard PIA would be the most in expensive option for traveling and its a direct flight to toronto.. any ideas for other airlines?
Price of tickets are high from 30th Dec 12 till 20th Jan 13. It is wise to book a seat in 27th June flight. Yes PIA is cheap and direct. rest is the preferences of the traveller.