+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL APPLICANTS AROUND THE WORLD JOIN HERE FOR EXPRESS ENTRY

Missionquebec

Nov 18, 2014
Caimi said:
Thanks Lalitt & Missionquebec.

The official transcript (single long page) that I got from my University has subject-wise marks of all 8 semesters (but in a single sheet).

These are not 8 separate mark sheets.

Lalitt, sorry for asking this again but was your evaluated transcript the same (single page) or did you send 8 separate mark sheets to WES ? Ofcourse sealed as per WES requirements.

That seems to be the input from Missionquebec.

Also

Missionquebec, I understand from WES document requirement page that only clear, legible photocopy is required for University degree (it need not be attested). please see below:

Clear, legible photocopies of all final or provisional degree certificates issued by the institutions attended

e.g. Bachelor, Master, Master of Philosophy, Postgraduate Diploma

AND
To be submitted to WES by applicant

Thanks,
caimi

I hope you know the difference between document send by applicant and university or university sealed envelope by you.

First stage: By applicant;

Don't need any attestation, just copy and send

Second stage:By university or yourself with university sealed envelope,

It must be attested along with WES academic request form ( it should be sealed and signed by university official)

This is what I did and I got my evaluation within 10 days.

amit2015

Dec 24, 2014
Hi Friends,

need your advice on express entry my point calculation...( I have over 8 years of work experience in audit and 6 years in banking operation) total 13 years work expereince.

Age 37 year (single) =66 point
Education : MBA(india) =135 points
Ielts: L-6.5,R-6,W-6.5,S-7 = 88 points
education and langauge = 25 points
foreign expereince and language = 25 points

total 339 points( as per EE calculator in this forum website)

is this calculation is right....

nickarter84

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
LANDED..........
10-08-2016
amit2015 said:
Hi Friends,

need your advice on express entry my point calculation...( I have over 8 years of work experience in audit and 6 years in banking operation) total 13 years work expereince.

Age 37 year (single) =66 point CORRECT
Education : MBA(india) =135 points CORRECT
Ielts: L-6.5,R-6,W-6.5,S-7 = 88 points CORRECT
education and langauge = 25 points CORRECT
foreign expereince and language= 25 points CORRECT (Assuming that you have 3+ year of Experience)

total 339 points( as per EE calculator in this forum website)

is this calculation is right....

alekseyk

Dec 24, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello guys,

I have a Post Secondary degree/certificate that I have finished 1 year program in Canada. And currently I am working almost one year in Canada for Canadian employer/ position was found through online job market, meaning I do not have LMIA.

Question is: Is mandatory to have positive LMIA prior to apply under CEC program or having just job offer is enough?

P.S. My post grad work permit is about to expire on February 12th, 2015. does not seems that I have enough time to get LMIA...

cecandconfused

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
alekseyk said:
Hello guys,

I have a Post Secondary degree/certificate that I have finished 1 year program in Canada. And currently I am working almost one year in Canada for Canadian employer/ position was found through online job market, meaning I do not have LMIA.

Question is: Is mandatory to have positive LMIA prior to apply under CEC program or having just job offer is enough?

P.S. My post grad work permit is about to expire on February 12th, 2015. does not seems that I have enough time to get LMIA...
Hey Alekseyk

LMIA is not mandatory to apply under CEC, though it is a significant asset. Your PGWP expiry is making your case a bit tricky. On what date will you have 12 months of uninterrupted work experience in Canada after date PGWP was issued? Also, what NOC are you in? and are you from a visa exempt country?

alekseyk

Dec 24, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi cecandconfused,

On January 27th I will have exactly one year of 12 month of uninterrupted work experience (I will try to extend my work permit till March 12th based on my common law spouse permit). My NOC is 2171 Information systems analysts and consultants. and my background is Ukraine it is not visa exempt country.

cecandconfused

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
alekseyk said:
Hi cecandconfused,

On January 27th I will have exactly one year of 12 month of uninterrupted work experience (I will try to extend my work permit till March 12th based on my common law spouse permit). My NOC is 2171 Information systems analysts and consultants. and my background is Ukraine it is not visa exempt country.
Man that NOC is so hot right now. Aleks I would suggest creating your EE profile on Jan 27th before first draw. I'm assuming you already have IELTS/CELPIP done. If not, do them as soon as possible. Since you got your degree in Canada, you may not need ECA, but double check with them again just in case. Once you have your English Test scores, ECA (if applicable) and 12 months of work permit after PGWP issue date, then you can enter EE pool. If you enter EE pool before January 29th, you'll be eligible for the Jan 30th draw. If you are invited to apply before your work permit expires (either in the first draw, or 2nd which will most likely be in Feb), you can apply for BOWP (Work Permit Extension). Otherwise you MUST stop working if you are not authorized to work and wait for ITA. If your status in Canada expires, you must leave Canada and wait for ITA in Ukraine. The good news is you don't have to be in Canada to be considered for EE. Hopefully you'll get ITA before your status expiry date.

Another thing, talk to your employer about applying for LMIA. LMIA is a pain in the butt to get, but if he can somehow manage to get LMIA for you, you're pretty much guaranteed an ITA in the next draw.

Have you checked out the CRS system to calculate your points?

alekseyk

Dec 24, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cecandconfused thanks for your reply,

I have everything ready IELTS, unfortunately I did not do ECA, anyway it only will give me +40 points.
Currently according to CRS system, in case if I can count my job offer without LMIA, I have around 960 points.
As for LMIA I guess it's too late to talk to employer about it, procedure can take more than 2 months..

cecandconfused

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
alekseyk said:
Cecandconfused thanks for your reply,

I have everything ready IELTS, unfortunately I did not do ECA, anyway it only will give me +40 points.
Currently according to CRS system, in case if I can count my job offer without LMIA, I have around 960 points.
As for LMIA I guess it's too late to talk to employer about it, procedure can take more than 2 months..
No worries Alex. You can't get the 600 points without LMIA. So your score is most likely 360. The 40 extra points that you can receive for education can be a make or break for you. I would contact ECA to find out if you need it or not, given that your one year degree was in Canada, you might not need it. It looks like the majority of EE applicants (aspirants) are below 400, so if you can get that extra 40 points it'll help you.

kathychn

Mar 26, 2013
Dear all,

Since a job bank account is a must for EE candidates that do not have job offers or provincial nominations, I think it is a quite crucial step. So I hope that we can share information with each other.

Have anyone of you ever registered successfully on the job bank website (posted below) recently?

https://seekers.jobbank.gc.ca/commun-common/connection-login.aspx?target=MyJobAccount&lang=en-CA

I clicked "create" button on the above webpage and create an job seeker account successfully yesterday. Now here comes my question.

1) CIC says a new registration will launch from January 2015. Do I need to re-create an account after January and cancel my current account?

2) Is the new registration system different from the old one?

Thanks for any help.

Happy holiday!

Kathy

kathychn

Mar 26, 2013
kathychn said:
Dear all,

Since a job bank account is a must for EE candidates that do not have job offers or provincial nominations, I think it is a quite crucial step. So I hope that we can share information with each other.

Have anyone of you ever registered successfully on the job bank website (posted below) recently?

https://seekers.jobbank.gc.ca/commun-common/connection-login.aspx?target=MyJobAccount&lang=en-CA

I clicked "create" button on the above webpage and create an job seeker account successfully yesterday. Now here comes my question.

1) CIC says a new registration will launch from January 2015. Do I need to re-create an account after January and cancel my current account?

2) Is the new registration system different from the old one?

Thanks for any help.

Happy holiday!

Kathy
I read the notice carefully again and I now inderstand that the new registration system is "Job Match Service" which launches in January. I assume that a new account should be registered even if I have a job seeker account in the current job bank website.

Hope this helps.

nurat

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
Missionquebec,

As far as I understand, the WES academic request form is not mandatory. I am referring to the guidelines for 'sealed envelop' posted on WES website (www. wes . org/ required/WES_Sealed_Envelope.png). Can you share a link that clearly indicates that indicates otherwise?

I also wrote to WES confirming that I could send them an envelop containing the following 2 things:
1. The sealed+signed envelop received from university (containing the attested copies of marksheets). WES reference number to be mentioned on this envelop
2. Copy of the degree certificate

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Missionquebec said:
I hope you know the difference between document send by applicant and university or university sealed envelope by you.

First stage: By applicant;

Don't need any attestation, just copy and send

Second stage:By university or yourself with university sealed envelope,

It must be attested along with WES academic request form ( it should be sealed and signed by university official)

This is what I did and I got my evaluation within 10 days.

miltoncsekuet

Sep 6, 2014
Toronto
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
8 Oct 15
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
Jan 2017
Med's Done....
Re Medical Jan 2017
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2017
LANDED..........
March 2017
Dear Express Entry Aspirants,

Hope the following information from CIC can help you to get the basic idea about selection process:

Invitation to Apply Mechanics

•Whether an Express Entry candidate is issued an Invitation to Apply (ITA) is determined using a transparent, public and objective methodology: The Comprehensive Ranking System.
•Ministerial Instructions will be posted online and will contain the date and time of each draw, the number of candidates that receive an ITA, and if it applies, which specific immigration program(s) were included in the draw.
•All draws will be based on candidates’ rank in the pool whether the draw is for a specific immigration program or simply the top ranked candidates in the pool overall.
•After each draw, CIC will communicate the lowest points score included in the draw.
•If a candidate does not receive an ITA, they will be able to visit the CIC website and see how they fared against the cut off score.

Invitation to Apply Timing

•The first draw is proposed for the last week of January.
•Draws will be held as needed to meet annual levels targets.
•Initial expectations are that draws will occur regularly throughout the year with approximately 15 to 25 taking place overall.
•It should be noted that the timing and the number of candidates invited in each draw may vary, allowing CIC to take into account fluctuations in the labour market or the number of candidates in the pool etc.