17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon
I reached to the payment step and once I made the payment, it did not get approved and response code messgae is "Invalid Pan". Please note that I am applying from KSA and using my brother's credit card who is in Canada. Is it somehow linked or traced with my IP address and not going through? Pls advice

You can make a request from any part of the world. The issue could be with regard to the CC, which may have been blocked as it may have detected your IP or the card may have been blocked due to security.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks for the response. So this looks like for my spouse who is in India as created by New Delhi office, would that mean my meds may have been extended, as I don't see any other update like this ?
To be sure, you will have to send a webform or call IRCC.

However, it does not matter much because before your application will be approved, the meds have to be valid.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
@legalfalcon @caipsnotes
I reached to the payment step and once I made the payment, it did not get approved and response code messgae is "Invalid Pan". Please note that I am applying from KSA and using my brother's credit card who is in Canada. Is it somehow linked or traced with my IP address and not going through? Pls advice
Contact your bank/credit card issuer if the issue persists.

mikefox299

Star Member
Nov 24, 2015
How long is the processing time for GCMS notes nowadays? Officially it says 30-45 days, but with Covid-19 I'm hearing people are getting them 60-90 days later.

Also, if I'm mainly worried about my employment letter having sufficient details to cover the NOC I applied for, when is a good time to order CGMS notes? Is 2+ months post AOR (1 month post medicals passed) too early?

muspal

Jun 1, 2019
How long is the processing time for GCMS notes nowadays? Officially it says 30-45 days, but with Covid-19 I'm hearing people are getting them 60-90 days later.

Also, if I'm mainly worried about my employment letter having sufficient details to cover the NOC I applied for, when is a good time to order CGMS notes? Is 2+ months post AOR (1 month post medicals passed) too early?
I also have the same query. I was thinking maybe 2 months post medicals.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY

Based on the most recent timelines to process an application 3 to 4 months post AOR is a good time to request the Gcms Notes. It takes about 30 days to receive the notes but in some cases it can take longer 30 + 60 days. Some GCMS providers are experiencing greater delays of 30 + 90 days.

Would suggest to consider requesting your Gcms Notes from CBSA instead of IRCC because of potential delays with IRCC. Same process, cost, etc.. see more https://bit.ly/34nuJPu

How long did it take to process an Express Entry application?

Processing Times for Express Entry applications finalized by year and immigration category, in months
Program201720182019
Canadian Experience Class457
Federal Skilled Worker469
Provincial/Territorial Nominee669
Federal Skilled Trades6712
All Programs558
Source: CIC_EDW (MBR) as of January 3, 2020 Data is operational and as such should be considered preliminary and subject to change.

• Processing times refer to the time in which 80% of applications were finalized by IRCC. The processing time is measured from the day a complete application is received until the time a final decision is made by an immigration officer.
  • Source

NyashaZim

Jun 20, 2018
South Africa
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Central Intake Office
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-01-2020
Doc's Request.
14-04-2020
Hi @legalfalcon , hope you are well and keeping safe. Kindly assist me.

I ordered a set of GCMS notes which I recently received this week and under NOTES 7 the Case processing Agent made the following comments:

Application: Exxxxxxxx REGULATION: PNP: FSW, 2020-01-22. I have reviewed this application based upon the documents submitted by the applicant and the information contained in the file and note the following. REOMMENDATION: *** Review REQUIRED by Officer ***. R76: Selection Criteria - FSW. POINTS: R76: Selection Criteria - FUNDS: SETTLEMENT FUNDS ARE NOT MET. EMPLOYMENT Exxxxxxx INSUFFICIENT DUTIES Outstanding documents (not requested).

These notes were generated in April. In regards to the Proof of funds the case officer went on to say SETTLEMENT FUNDS: verified statement from xxxxbank date 2019-12-23 showing CAD $ 23 509 Family of 4 requires CAD $ 24 083. In my case we had declared way more than was needed (an equivalent of about $27 000 when calculated per exchange rate now so not sure why they would say that). Our application was submitted before change of fees on 30 April 2020 and we paid all required fees at the old rate. Right through the GCMS notes it says POF MET except for the comments by this case officer. Not sure what to do.

In regards to the Work experience, it's a challenging exercise to get a a brand new Confirmation of employment. The first one nearly got me fired. So I submitted a letter of explanation with an elaboration of my duties and attached the relevant pages which show my duties (very shallow, just listed 2: Client support and administration - NOC is 1221), plus my current income tax cerificate and pay stubs. For my old job I had already submitted what I had so I listed my duties in the LOE. I am hoping I did the right thing.

Please let me know your thoughts on this. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Oniqer01

Oct 2, 2019
Hello, @legalfalcon @caipsnotes I received my GCMS notes yesterday and I would like some explanation/ clarification please.

1. On the assessment page (page 2) , medicals, criminality and eligibility is passed, security and final are blank. But my most recent notes in the last 3 pages of my GCMS notes (I.e- Note 1 on the 5th of last month says: “OFFICER REVIEW: Eligibility, medicals, criminality, (redacted), passed. All requirements met. Approved. Based on the strength of other officer’s assessments, no reassessment of criminality, eligibility,was made” and the note before this (Note 2, which was sometime in April 2020, says “Ready for Approval”). I also see an entry for correspondence saying items requested (Kit, application forms) were not received. This entry was first created in April and updated on 5/10/20. My questions are: first what does Note 1 mean, can I assume that final review has been done and a final decision is the next step? Furthermore, in light of the latest note by the Officer, do I still need to send a web form inquiring about the supposed correspondence (I never got any request)

2. My medicals is listed as having expired on the 13th of October 2020 (I did them on the 10th of October 2019 but passed on 19th November 2019 on my CIC account) but on page 2 or 3, it’s listed as passed and the validity stated as 27/2/21. Does this mean my medicals have been extended?

3.Sometime in April,I was placed in the COVID Pace group. Then by 5/9/20 I was placed in CPCO COVID RFV. What does this mean?
P.s- I am NOV 2019 AOR and an Outland applicant in a country that requires a visa to travel. Looking forward to a response. Thank you very much!
I am also in cpco covid rfv group. Any clarification yet?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon , hope you are well and keeping safe. Kindly assist me.

I ordered a set of GCMS notes which I recently received this week and under NOTES 7 the Case processing Agent made the following comments:

Application: Exxxxxxxx REGULATION: PNP: FSW, 2020-01-22. I have reviewed this application based upon the documents submitted by the applicant and the information contained in the file and note the following. REOMMENDATION: *** Review REQUIRED by Officer ***. R76: Selection Criteria - FSW. POINTS: R76: Selection Criteria - FUNDS: SETTLEMENT FUNDS ARE NOT MET. EMPLOYMENT Exxxxxxx INSUFFICIENT DUTIES Outstanding documents (not requested).

These notes were generated in April. In regards to the Proof of funds the case officer went on to say SETTLEMENT FUNDS: verified statement from xxxxbank date 2019-12-23 showing CAD $ 23 509 Family of 4 requires CAD $ 24 083. In my case we had declared way more than was needed (an equivalent of about $27 000 when calculated per exchange rate now so not sure why they would say that). Our application was submitted before change of fees on 30 April 2020 and we paid all required fees at the old rate. Right through the GCMS notes it says POF MET except for the comments by this case officer. Not sure what to do.

In regards to the Work experience, it's a challenging exercise to get a a brand new Confirmation of employment. The first one nearly got me fired. So I submitted a letter of explanation with an elaboration of my duties and attached the relevant pages which show my duties (very shallow, just listed 2: Client support and administration - NOC is 1221), plus my current income tax cerificate and pay stubs. For my old job I had already submitted what I had so I listed my duties in the LOE. I am hoping I did the right thing.

Please let me know your thoughts on this. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Re- posting my old post on RR,

Understanding “Review Required”

A lot of applicants see “review required” in their GCMS notes for eligibility. There are many theories floating around with regard to what “review required” means and if it is alarming.

Before I venture into explaining the significance, it is important to understand that each application goes through the following stages as per the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the regulations (Canadian Immigration Law):

R10 – Completeness Check
Criminality
Medicals
A11.2 – eligibility
Security

Out of the above, the most important stage is eligibility. This is also the most time-consuming stage because your documents have to be verified, evaluated and assessed to ascertain that you meet the eligibility criteria for the program you have applied (FSW / CEC / FTW). To stream line this process and make it easier for an immigration officer (decision making authority), all applications are first evaluated by case analysts or program assistants. They review the documents and summarize it in the GCMS. If they have any concerns with any document or want the immigration officer to carefully look into a specific document, they will flag it as “review required.” It is the content of the note that is important here. If the review required is for a specific document, while the summary of the note says that an applicant has met the eligibility, or “ready to finalize” it simply means that while the applicant has met the eligibility criteria, but the specific document needs a careful examination form the officer before promoting (eligibility pass) by the officer.

However, if there are concerns, there will be a review required for the eligibility, and there will be no text to the effect “ready to finalize” or pass. The note will specifically state job duties do not match, or the employment cannot be verified, or the number of years of work experience claimed cannot be verified. This is where an application can land in muddy waters. But the final decision rests on the immigration officer. He may override the decision of the analyst / assistant or go with the analysis of the analyst / assistant.

Even in cases where the analyst / assistant is of the opinion that the applicant has met the eligibility, and there is no “review required,” the officer can replace it with his own opinion. Though rare, but it does happen. This is why the eligibility is only passed when an officer conclusively marks the eligibility as passed.

Finally, there is “review required” for PoF. This is the most common in many applications. This is because, the financial and banking practices of each country are different. Eg. Fixed deposits are know as Certificate of Deposit (CD) in the US. Similarly, treasury bonds, mutual funds, stocks, and many other investment vehicles are there. If your PoF anything other than a bank deposit, it is more likely that it will be marked as “review required.” Also, IRCC does not go by day to day fluctuations in FOREX. Instead, the Canadian federal government issued a quarterly conversion rate for all FOREX vis-a-via CAD. If your PoF is in a foreign currency, then you may have “review required” for the officer to make a determination.

Just because you have “review required” does not mean that you hit the panic mode. Instead, read the context in which it is there. If there is a concern regarding a document, you can send a replacement document via CSE. The most common reasons for RR are:

1. Work reference letter without job duties
2. Work reference letters missing all the details requested by IRCC
3. If you submitted a letter from a colleague because you were unable to get one from your employer, but did not have a LoE on file, this too will lead to RR.
4. Not sufficient work experience in the primary NOC.
5. Inability to verify your employment as your employer details are missing.

There are just some of the scenarios.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

The GCMS notes are processed and released pursuant to the Access to Information Act. As per section 7 of the Access to Information Act, IRCC has to release the GCMS notes within 30 days.

Where access to a record is requested under this Part, the head of the government institution to which the request is made shall, subject to sections 8 and 9, within 30 days after the request is received
Also, IRCC can seek extensions under section 9, of 60 or 90 days which happens on a case by case basis. Not all requests are subject to an extension.

However, due to COVID, there have been disruptions and have been reported in the newspapers. Also, factors such as the staffing level at Operations Services Division at IRCC, the VO where your application is, the stage your application is at are all factors that will play a role.

The delays in the Access to Information Act have been widely reported since the start of this year:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-transparency-1.5845129
Access-to-information systems across Canada slowed by COVID-19
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/rcmp-atip-report-1.5804931

@muspal

When to order GCMS notes?

The GCMS refer to the programmed called Global Case Management System (GCMS) used by IRCC that holds the entire processing record of your application, including the the notes pertaining to eligibility by an officer evaluating your file.

All applications go through the following stages:

R10
Medicals
Criminality
Eligibility
Security

R10 or the completeness check is the first stage of the processing, wherein it is verified that your application is complete and all documents are submitted. Filing a complete application is the responsibility of the application, and if a document is missing, a reason and an exemption request should be filed.

If an application is incomplete, it will be rejected. R10 usually happens within 30-45 days of filing your application, around the time when medicals are passed. The exact date will be available in your GCMS notes.

There is no point requesting GCMS notes at this stage, since if your application is incomplete, it will be rejected anyway, and for the medicals, the MyCIC account does inform you of when your meds are passed.

GCMS notes become important only for the eligibility stage, which does not start until 3-4 months. Eligibility takes place in 2 stages. First a case assistant or an analyst will review and make a recommendation. This is then reviewed by an officer who makes the final decision on the eligibility. Since each document you submitted has to be reviewed twice, this is the most time consuming stage.

Only for this stage are the GCMS notes relevant.

While GCMS is a great tool, use it sparingly and only after 3-4 months have expired.

NyashaZim

Jun 20, 2018
South Africa
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Central Intake Office
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-01-2020
Doc's Request.
14-04-2020
Re- posting my old post on RR,

Understanding “Review Required”

A lot of applicants see “review required” in their GCMS notes for eligibility. There are many theories floating around with regard to what “review required” means and if it is alarming.

Before I venture into explaining the significance, it is important to understand that each application goes through the following stages as per the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the regulations (Canadian Immigration Law):

R10 – Completeness Check
Criminality
Medicals
A11.2 – eligibility
Security

Out of the above, the most important stage is eligibility. This is also the most time-consuming stage because your documents have to be verified, evaluated and assessed to ascertain that you meet the eligibility criteria for the program you have applied (FSW / CEC / FTW). To stream line this process and make it easier for an immigration officer (decision making authority), all applications are first evaluated by case analysts or program assistants. They review the documents and summarize it in the GCMS. If they have any concerns with any document or want the immigration officer to carefully look into a specific document, they will flag it as “review required.” It is the content of the note that is important here. If the review required is for a specific document, while the summary of the note says that an applicant has met the eligibility, or “ready to finalize” it simply means that while the applicant has met the eligibility criteria, but the specific document needs a careful examination form the officer before promoting (eligibility pass) by the officer.

However, if there are concerns, there will be a review required for the eligibility, and there will be no text to the effect “ready to finalize” or pass. The note will specifically state job duties do not match, or the employment cannot be verified, or the number of years of work experience claimed cannot be verified. This is where an application can land in muddy waters. But the final decision rests on the immigration officer. He may override the decision of the analyst / assistant or go with the analysis of the analyst / assistant.

Even in cases where the analyst / assistant is of the opinion that the applicant has met the eligibility, and there is no “review required,” the officer can replace it with his own opinion. Though rare, but it does happen. This is why the eligibility is only passed when an officer conclusively marks the eligibility as passed.

Finally, there is “review required” for PoF. This is the most common in many applications. This is because, the financial and banking practices of each country are different. Eg. Fixed deposits are know as Certificate of Deposit (CD) in the US. Similarly, treasury bonds, mutual funds, stocks, and many other investment vehicles are there. If your PoF anything other than a bank deposit, it is more likely that it will be marked as “review required.” Also, IRCC does not go by day to day fluctuations in FOREX. Instead, the Canadian federal government issued a quarterly conversion rate for all FOREX vis-a-via CAD. If your PoF is in a foreign currency, then you may have “review required” for the officer to make a determination.

Just because you have “review required” does not mean that you hit the panic mode. Instead, read the context in which it is there. If there is a concern regarding a document, you can send a replacement document via CSE. The most common reasons for RR are:

1. Work reference letter without job duties
2. Work reference letters missing all the details requested by IRCC
3. If you submitted a letter from a colleague because you were unable to get one from your employer, but did not have a LoE on file, this too will lead to RR.
4. Not sufficient work experience in the primary NOC.
5. Inability to verify your employment as your employer details are missing.

There are just some of the scenarios.
@legalfalcon Thank you so much. Let me not panic and maybe order a new set of GCMS notes as I saw several profile updates recently. I appreciate your help. :)

Reactions: legalfalcon

mussadsar

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
dear @legalfalcon ,
As there is a long delay in providing the GCMS notes, I will be applying for the CBSA notes. I heard the cbsa notes are sent through postal services and as hard copy. Is that true? or they share it through the email?

Tnx

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
dear @legalfalcon ,
As there is a long delay in providing the GCMS notes, I will be applying for the CBSA notes. I heard the cbsa notes are sent through postal services and as hard copy. Is that true? or they share it through the email?

Tnx
CBSA Notes can be requested as a physical copy or an electronic copy. When they are requested electronically they can be sent by email as a pdf file or they can be sent as a pdf file in a CD, which is shipped to the address provided.

By default CBSA send electronic files in a CD by postal mail, but they were sending it by email in the last few months.

Reactions: mussadsar

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
dear @legalfalcon ,

Tnx
They will be sent via email. CBSA may reach out to confirm/inform you when they begin processing of your request.

Reactions: mussadsar