+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL ABOUT GCMS - HOW TO ORDER, READ, & GENERAL QUESTIONS ANSWERED

CBK@123

May 23, 2017
AOR Received.
24-1-2017
Hi ,
Can somebody please give me an answer? ?. I got ppr request this week. I am the PA (in Canada).My spouse in My home country. Can I mail my passport to Ottawa and he can can at mail it to the Canada High Commission back home at the same time?. Or does he have to wait until I get my passport back from Ottawa? ?. Also the ppr request letter has only my name ,is this normal?? .does he has to include this letter(that has my name)and Annex A when he is going to mail his passport for Stamping??

Sapsan

Star Member
Nov 16, 2015
Hi legalfalcon,

confusing gcms for me - received recently, why eligibility and security which takes longest time not yet even in progress ;(

eligibility - not started
security - not started
criminality - passed
medical - passed

Notes - as of 11th of may, no updates since then, latest assignment to some person is middle of June
Label - EE Eligibility

*** AGENT REVIEW*** POLICE CERTIFICATES R10 OK All police certificates on application; following PC's NRT Country 1, Country 2. Criminality Decision Passed. EDUCATION DOCUMENTS ECA report verified on issuing agency website; foreign credential confirmed on ECA site. ECA Canadian Equivalency Summary reported by issuing agency as Master's degree Credential is consistent with level of education claimed by PA under EE Eligibility. AGE Applicant's age reviewed and no change from ITA to e-APR.

There is first notes as of March, with label general, just confirming that required documents received, so nothing special.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi ,
Can somebody please give me an answer? ?. I got ppr request this week. I am the PA (in Canada).My spouse in My home country. Can I mail my passport to Ottawa and he can can at mail it to the Canada High Commission back home at the same time?. Or does he have to wait until I get my passport back from Ottawa? ?. Also the ppr request letter has only my name ,is this normal?? .does he has to include this letter(that has my name)and Annex A when he is going to mail his passport for Stamping??
You will have to inform IRCC to let your spouse send the passport to the Vo in home country and you can send it to Ottawa. You can immediately send your, but will have to wait for your spouse's until you get a confirmation from IRCC.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi legalfalcon,

confusing gcms for me - received recently, why eligibility and security which takes longest time not yet even in progress ;(

eligibility - not started
security - not started
criminality - passed
medical - passed

Notes - as of 11th of may, no updates since then, latest assignment to some person is middle of June
Label - EE Eligibility

*** AGENT REVIEW*** POLICE CERTIFICATES R10 OK All police certificates on application; following PC's NRT Country 1, Country 2. Criminality Decision Passed. EDUCATION DOCUMENTS ECA report verified on issuing agency website; foreign credential confirmed on ECA site. ECA Canadian Equivalency Summary reported by issuing agency as Master's degree Credential is consistent with level of education claimed by PA under EE Eligibility. AGE Applicant's age reviewed and no change from ITA to e-APR.

There is first notes as of March, with label general, just confirming that required documents received, so nothing special.
The PNP application are painfully slow. There is nothing wrong with your application.

In a few days re-apply for GCMS and see if there is a change.

Reactions: Sapsan

JackT

Star Member
Feb 29, 2016
Hello Legalfalcon, Need Your Help !!

I jsut got to know that my GCMS notes have s16(1)(c).......

Eligibility :- Recommend Pass
Security:- Not Started
Criminality :- Pass
Medical :- Pass

Aor date is Feb 01 2017........Six month will finish after 5 days......Still I haven't received anything from them............What do u suggest me at this point......should i call them and ask them to know what is going on with my application ?? Or send them e-amil............Or Just wait.............By the way what is S16(1)(c) ???????

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello Legalfalcon, Need Your Help !!

I jsut got to know that my GCMS notes have s16(1)(c).......

Eligibility :- Recommend Pass
Security:- Not Started
Criminality :- Pass
Medical :- Pass

Aor date is Feb 01 2017........Six month will finish after 5 days......Still I haven't received anything from them............What do u suggest me at this point......should i call them and ask them to know what is going on with my application ?? Or send them e-amil............Or Just wait.............By the way what is S16(1)(c) ???????

For s16 see https://www.getgcms.com/blog/s15-s16-top-right-gcms-denote/

Your eligibility is recommended passed. So it is progressing fine, no concerns there. Eligibility is a 2-3 step process. Application are evaluated by a program analyst, who makes a recommendation, "review required" or "recommended passed." After this an agent will review it and make a final determination.

Nothing much to be concerned about. If you would like, order another set of GCMS notes and by then there should be some progress.

olak131

Mar 23, 2017
CANADA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
10/2/2017
Doc's Request.
8/4/2017
AOR Received.
10/2/2017

Your eligibility is recommended passed. So it is progressing fine, no concerns there. Eligibility is a 2-3 step process. Application are evaluated by a program analyst, who makes a recommendation, "review required" or "recommended passed." After this an agent will review it and make a final determination.

Nothing much to be concerned about. If you would like, order another set of GCMS notes and by then there should be some progress.
Just thought I should do an FYI for you. I have spoken to 2 different agents in 2 weeks and they have said "by law" when a gcms notes is being prepared, an agent cannot work on an application. I really don't believe the story but may be it's the new story cic is telling the reps so as to reduce GCMS requests.
In fact, one agent said it delays 3 months. Luckily for her, my file hasn't been touched for three months now. Looked into the regulations, can't see anything to ratify her story though.

JackT

Star Member
Feb 29, 2016

In my case, Who will finalise my application ??? Agent or Case Officer ??????? I can see Agent as well as Case Analyst's Comments on my GCMS but not Case Officer........................One more thing is it compulsory for them to pass my eligibility before 6 months finish ?? Because just 5 days left to finish 6 months.................In most of the case I see the only reason to cross the 6 months mark is only Security Check...........What is your comment on this ?????Your Answer will be rally appreciated....

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Just thought I should do an FYI for you. I have spoken to 2 different agents in 2 weeks and they have said "by law" when a gcms notes is being prepared, an agent cannot work on an application. I really don't believe the story but may be it's the new story cic is telling the reps so as to reduce GCMS requests.
In fact, one agent said it delays 3 months. Luckily for her, my file hasn't been touched for three months now. Looked into the regulations, can't see anything to ratify her story though.
When you say you spoke to agents, you mean you spoke to the call centre employee. Because IRCC officers and agents are not authorized to speak to anyone. Many people have been creating these rumours that GCMS delays processing, I have not experienced any delays when I ordered my own GCMS notes, and on the contrary I have seen progress on a few occasions.

Now lets see what the law states:

GCMS notes are released under the Access to Information Act <http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/a-1/page-1.html#h-2>

The main intent of the law is stipulated in section 2(1) and states
(1) The purpose of this Act is to extend the present laws of Canada to provide a right of access to information in records under the control of a government institution in accordance with the principles that government information should be available to the public, that necessary exceptions to the right of access should be limited and specific and that decisions on the disclosure of government information should be reviewed independently of government.
What can be accessed and what is the responsibility of the government:

Right of Access
Marginal note:Right to access to records
has a right to and shall, on request, be given access to any record under the control of a government institution.

• Marginal note:Extension of right by order
    (2) The Governor in Council may, by order, extend the right to be given access to records under subsection (1) to include persons not referred to in that subsection and may set such conditions as the Governor in Council deems appropriate.
  • Marginal note:Responsibility of government institutions
    (2.1) The head of a government institution shall, without regard to the identity of a person making a request for access to a record under the control of the institution, make every reasonable effort to assist the person in connection with the request, respond to the request accurately and completely and, subject to the regulations, provide timely access to the record in the format requested.

There is nothing in the Act or in any IRCC manual that requesting your own information will delay the processing. Moreover, unlike where departments which work will paper files, IRCC uses GCMS (a computer file management system). No file has to be physically moved, and the ATIP department is different from IRCC.

Not sure that what you say has any merit.

Reactions: Sugar2016

olak131

Mar 23, 2017
CANADA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
10/2/2017
Doc's Request.
8/4/2017
AOR Received.
10/2/2017
When you say you spoke to agents, you mean you spoke to the call centre employee. Because IRCC officers and agents are not authorized to speak to anyone. Many people have been creating these rumours that GCMS delays processing, I have not experienced any delays when I ordered my own GCMS notes, and on the contrary I have seen progress on a few occasions.

Now lets see what the law states:

GCMS notes are released under the Access to Information Act <http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/a-1/page-1.html#h-2>

The main intent of the law is stipulated in section 2(1) and states

What can be accessed and what is the responsibility of the government:

There is nothing in the Act or in any IRCC manual that requesting your own information will delay the processing. Moreover, unlike where departments which work will paper files, IRCC uses GCMS (a computer file management system). No file has to be physically moved, and the ATIP department is different from IRCC.

Not sure that what you say has any merit.
Yeah. Call center agents, that's what they called too. I totally agree with you, it's not true what they are saying. Just FYI. And it's not what I am saying. It's what Call center agents representing IRCC are saying.

CBK@123

May 23, 2017
AOR Received.
24-1-2017
You will have to inform IRCC to let your spouse send the passport to the Vo in home country and you can send it to Ottawa. You can immediately send your, but will have to wait for your spouse's until you get a confirmation from IRCC.
Thanks legal falcon
I was told by our representative that,if we submit our passports from two different countries , it's going to delay for my spouse to get his passport back after visa stamping . So he advised me to go to my home country and submit our passports at the same VO . I wonder if you know anything about this? ?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks legal falcon
I was told by our representative that,if we submit our passports from two different countries , it's going to delay for my spouse to get his passport back after visa stamping . So he advised me to go to my home country and submit our passports at the same VO . I wonder if you know anything about this? ?
That is not true. You need to send a request to IRCC. They will approve it and then you will send the pp to different Vo as per instructions. It will take 7-15 days for them to approve your request.

But the processing time is the same of that VO. No delays.

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
Hi LegalFalcon, I received GCMS, Final: Approved 13 July 2017 in CPC Ottawa. Same date they added "new value" in "Secondary office" where it says LVO Vienna. I am a little worried since I still havent received PPR e-mail. Also I see everything PASSED except SECURITY, there is nothing there. Its blank.

GCMS are generated 17 July 2017 and APP status was saying: Open, In progress. On the 2nd page under "Application assignment" there is a number of the agent I guess, and then DUE DATE 12 August 2017. Is that the date I should receive my PPR?

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi LegalFalcon, I received GCMS, Final: Approved 13 July 2017 in CPC Ottawa. Same date they added "new value" in "Secondary office" where it says LVO Vienna. I am a little worried since I still havent received PPR e-mail. Also I see everything PASSED except SECURITY, there is nothing there. Its blank.

GCMS are generated 17 July 2017 and APP status was saying: Open, In progress. On the 2nd page under "Application assignment" there is a number of the agent I guess, and then DUE DATE 12 August 2017. Is that the date I should receive my PPR?
If it says approved, the you are good and congratulations.

As for security, you will see se15 / 16 on the top right corner of that page. If it is there, then it is retracted. No need to worry about that.

PPR is issued in batches. So as soon as the next batch of PPR comes you should have it. Also, tray calling IRCC and send them and email.

The due date has no significance as some people see movement in their application way before that, and some don't see it way after that.

Reactions: astralsource

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
If it says approved, the you are good and congratulations.

As for security, you will see se15 / 16 on the top right corner of that page. If it is there, then it is retracted. No need to worry about that.

PPR is issued in batches. So as soon as the next batch of PPR comes you should have it. Also, tray calling IRCC and send them and email.

The due date has no significance as some people see movement in their application way before that, and some don't see it way after that.
Ok thanks! I see only s. 15 [1]

I sent them an e-mail about PPR mail.