+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL ABOUT GCMS - HOW TO ORDER, READ, & GENERAL QUESTIONS ANSWERED

artificial.nocturne

Jan 25, 2018
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
I have the same question. In my gcms notes, I seem to have cleared eligibility, but I am stuck on security since Feb'19. Its a joint application by my wife and I, and I have a security response which is apparently restricted under 15.1 of Information Act. I would love to know if anybody has been stuck in security for so long before, and what their experience is. I am AOR Sep'18.
You seem to be under Comprehensive Security Screening like me... My security started on 25th Feb 2019 and is still ongoing. Pray that we get ppr soon, we are in a very bad spot as of now.

ms_tauruss

May 13, 2019
Hi @legalfalcon
I came across this section in my gcms notes.
Do u by any means know what it means?
Should I be worried about this section?
It says date created 2018/03/16
My aor is March 3rd 2019..

ASSOCIATIONS:
ORGANIZATIONS and ENTITIES
Organization and Entities:1
Created Date:2018/03/16
Created by: CB1XXX
Updated Date: 2018/03/16
Updated by: CB1XXX
Amount invested (CAD): (blank)
Organization/Entity ID: O133484782829
Name: Triage criteria- admissibility
Type:Organization
Sub-type: Other
Subtype description-DN statistics
Contact Family Name: (blank)
Contact Given names:(blank)
Reason:Other
Other Reason Description: Triage criteria-admissiblity
Effective date: 2019/05/07
Expiry date: (blank)
Dissociation reason:(blank)
Other dissociation reason:(blank)

Your response is greatly appreciated

Sk@

Jun 17, 2019
Now a day's Canada immigration officers rejecting Visa Why?
Even my Visa rejected couple of days before..can I know main reason...please suggest me Guys
Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. After careful review of your study permit application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds: • Not satisfied that applicant is a bona fide intending student. You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.

WunmiofLagos

Jan 8, 2019
Canada
Category........
Other
Nomination.....
19-12-2018
AOR Received.
15-01-2019
You seem to be under Comprehensive Security Screening like me... My security started on 25th Feb 2019 and is still ongoing. Pray that we get ppr soon, we are in a very bad spot as of now.
Hello, how can you tell if you're in security screening, please?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi legal Falcon,
How long after AOR should GCMS Notes be ordered optimally?
Considering the current trend where medicals are taking 45 days to pass for FSW-O !
The GCMS notes are only helpful for eligibility, which does not start before 75-90 days post AOR.

If you request your GCMS notes before this time, you won't get anything substantial.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello, how can you tell if you're in security screening, please?
If you have crossed 2 months from the date your eligibility was passed, then you are most likely in enhanced security screening. All applications go though security, but the average time to clear security is 30-60 days.

Reactions: WunmiofLagos

BtelCA

Jul 23, 2019
Hello there,

Some please explain me what does the CAIPS note actually says.

Note:

1: Source of funds not credible or sufficient to provide for studies in Canada.

But in my case I had more than what they asked for in the IRCC site. What might the reason for my refusal. And I've applied for a three year program. Do they look for whole three year course fees + expense or first year only.

Thank you.

tanu912

Nov 1, 2017
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
01-08-2023
AOR Received.
06-09-2023
Hi Legal Falcon

I have received my GCMS today and found S16(1)(C) on three pages out of 142. These all pages refer to same thing which is RR in eligibility. I have RR in proof of funds by Agent assessment but he has not given any reason. Only mentioned see EDOC******** which refers to funds only. Rest all is ok as i can see A2.11 MET. Even the officer has bifurcated my funds from different banks separately without calculating a total. When i sum it up it was much more than required for single applicant I.E. 14,850 CAD. If the amount is sufficient why it went to RR. This page contains S16(1)(C). So is it possible that the reason for RR of funds is hidden by them? Is it something to worry? Though i have updated new POF 2 months back again and i am quite confident about my funds? My 6 months are completing on 7th Aug 2019..Is it going to take too long to be assessed?

One last question does S16(1)(C) means Security Screening or it means the they refuse to disclose some info keeping their internal assessment structure in mind? As i am confused if the file eligibility is still under assessment how can it go for security screening?

Please Reply....@legal falcon

The GCMS notes are only helpful for eligibility, which does not start before 75-90 days post AOR.

If you request your GCMS notes before this time, you won't get anything substantial.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi Legal Falcon

I have received my GCMS today and found S16(1)(C) on three pages out of 142. These all pages refer to same thing which is RR in eligibility. I have RR in proof of funds by Agent assessment but he has not given any reason. Only mentioned see EDOC******** which refers to funds only. Rest all is ok as i can see A2.11 MET. Even the officer has bifurcated my funds from different banks separately without calculating a total. When i sum it up it was much more than required for single applicant I.E. 14,850 CAD. If the amount is sufficient why it went to RR. This page contains S16(1)(C). So is it possible that the reason for RR of funds is hidden by them? Is it something to worry? Though i have updated new POF 2 months back again and i am quite confident about my funds? My 6 months are completing on 7th Aug 2019..Is it going to take too long to be assessed?

One last question does S16(1)(C) means Security Screening or it means the they refuse to disclose some info keeping their internal assessment structure in mind? As i am confused if the file eligibility is still under assessment how can it go for security screening?

Please Reply....@legal falcon
For s15 / 16 see
https://www.getgcms.com/blog/s15-s16-top-right-gcms-denote/

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi

Sir i have already gone through this info but could not relate to my case.. i will be grateful if you can elaborate the section s16.1.c
There is nothing to elaborate. Anything that is sensitive is redacted. All GCMS notes have info which is redacted. No need to worry on that front.

I wrote a post on RR and I am reposting it here:

Understanding “Review Required”

A lot of applicants see “review required” in their GCMS notes for eligibility. There are many theories floating around with regard to what “review required” means and if it is alarming.

Before I venture into explaining the significance, it is important to understand that each application goes through the following stages as per the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the regulations (Canadian Immigration Law):

R10 – Completeness Check
Criminality
Medicals
A11.2 – eligibility
Security

Out of the above, the most important stage is eligibility. This is also the most time-consuming stage because your documents have to be verified, evaluated and assessed to ascertain that you meet the eligibility criteria for the program you have applied (FSW / CEC / FTW). To stream line this process and make it easier for an immigration officer (decision making authority), all applications are first evaluated by case analysts or program assistants. They review the documents and summarize it in the GCMS. If they have any concerns with any document or want the immigration officer to carefully look into a specific document, they will flag it as “review required.” It is the content of the note that is important here. If the review required is for a specific document, while the summary of the note says that an applicant has met the eligibility, or “ready to finalize” it simply means that while the applicant has met the eligibility criteria, but the specific document needs a careful examination form the officer before promoting (eligibility pass) by the officer.

However, if there are concerns, there will be a review required for the eligibility, and there will be no text to the effect “ready to finalize” or pass. The note will specifically state job duties do not match, or the employment cannot be verified, or the number of years of work experience claimed cannot be verified. This is where an application can land in muddy waters. But the final decision rests on the immigration officer. He may override the decision of the analyst / assistant or go with the analysis of the analyst / assistant.

Even in cases where the analyst / assistant is of the opinion that the applicant has met the eligibility, and there is no “review required,” the officer can replace it with his own opinion. Though rare, but it does happen. This is why the eligibility is only passed when an officer conclusively marks the eligibility as passed.

Finally, there is “review required” for PoF. This is the most common in many applications. This is because, the financial and banking practices of each country are different. Eg. Fixed deposits are know as Certificate of Deposit (CD) in the US. Similarly, treasury bonds, mutual funds, stocks, and many other investment vehicles are there. If your PoF anything other than a bank deposit, it is more likely that it will be marked as “review required.” Also, IRCC does not go by day to day fluctuations in FOREX. Instead, the Canadian federal government issued a quarterly conversion rate for all FOREX vis-a-via CAD. If your PoF is in a foreign currency, then you may have “review required” for the officer to make a determination.

Just because you have “review required” does not mean that you hit the panic mode. Instead, read the context in which it is there. If there is a concern regarding a document, you can send a replacement document via CSE. The most common reasons for RR are:

1. Work reference letter without job duties
2. Work reference letters missing all the details requested by IRCC
3. If you submitted a letter from a colleague because you were unable to get one from your employer, but did not have a LoE on file, this too will lead to RR.
4. Not sufficient work experience in the primary NOC.
5. Inability to verify your employment as your employer details are missing.

There are just some of the scenarios.

tanu912

Nov 1, 2017
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
01-08-2023
AOR Received.
06-09-2023
Thanks for your quick response sir..Appreciate

Regards

BtelCA

Jul 23, 2019
Hi Legal Falcon,

Someone please explain me what does the CAIPS note actually says. Applied for student visa and got refused.

Note:

1: Source of funds not credible or sufficient to provide for studies in Canada.

But in my case I had more than what they asked for in the IRCC website. What might the reason for my refusal. And I've applied for a three year program. Do they look for whole three year course fees + expense or first year only.

Thank you.

tanu912

Nov 1, 2017
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
01-08-2023
AOR Received.
06-09-2023
There is nothing to elaborate. Anything that is sensitive is redacted. All GCMS notes have info which is redacted. No need to worry on that front.

I wrote a post on RR and I am reposting it here:

Understanding “Review Required”

A lot of applicants see “review required” in their GCMS notes for eligibility. There are many theories floating around with regard to what “review required” means and if it is alarming.

Before I venture into explaining the significance, it is important to understand that each application goes through the following stages as per the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the regulations (Canadian Immigration Law):

R10 – Completeness Check
Criminality
Medicals
A11.2 – eligibility
Security

Out of the above, the most important stage is eligibility. This is also the most time-consuming stage because your documents have to be verified, evaluated and assessed to ascertain that you meet the eligibility criteria for the program you have applied (FSW / CEC / FTW). To stream line this process and make it easier for an immigration officer (decision making authority), all applications are first evaluated by case analysts or program assistants. They review the documents and summarize it in the GCMS. If they have any concerns with any document or want the immigration officer to carefully look into a specific document, they will flag it as “review required.” It is the content of the note that is important here. If the review required is for a specific document, while the summary of the note says that an applicant has met the eligibility, or “ready to finalize” it simply means that while the applicant has met the eligibility criteria, but the specific document needs a careful examination form the officer before promoting (eligibility pass) by the officer.

However, if there are concerns, there will be a review required for the eligibility, and there will be no text to the effect “ready to finalize” or pass. The note will specifically state job duties do not match, or the employment cannot be verified, or the number of years of work experience claimed cannot be verified. This is where an application can land in muddy waters. But the final decision rests on the immigration officer. He may override the decision of the analyst / assistant or go with the analysis of the analyst / assistant.

Even in cases where the analyst / assistant is of the opinion that the applicant has met the eligibility, and there is no “review required,” the officer can replace it with his own opinion. Though rare, but it does happen. This is why the eligibility is only passed when an officer conclusively marks the eligibility as passed.

Finally, there is “review required” for PoF. This is the most common in many applications. This is because, the financial and banking practices of each country are different. Eg. Fixed deposits are know as Certificate of Deposit (CD) in the US. Similarly, treasury bonds, mutual funds, stocks, and many other investment vehicles are there. If your PoF anything other than a bank deposit, it is more likely that it will be marked as “review required.” Also, IRCC does not go by day to day fluctuations in FOREX. Instead, the Canadian federal government issued a quarterly conversion rate for all FOREX vis-a-via CAD. If your PoF is in a foreign currency, then you may have “review required” for the officer to make a determination.

Just because you have “review required” does not mean that you hit the panic mode. Instead, read the context in which it is there. If there is a concern regarding a document, you can send a replacement document via CSE. The most common reasons for RR are:

1. Work reference letter without job duties
2. Work reference letters missing all the details requested by IRCC
3. If you submitted a letter from a colleague because you were unable to get one from your employer, but did not have a LoE on file, this too will lead to RR.
4. Not sufficient work experience in the primary NOC.
5. Inability to verify your employment as your employer details are missing.

There are just some of the

Hi Legalfalcon

I have an urgent query ...Sir what are the possibilities of Review Required for funds for a reason ( same bank letter draft for two different banks)??... Actually i have shown 3 bank letters as pof but 2 letters have same draft which i used and then it was signed by banks. What are the possibilities that it can raise a suspicious point for a fake document presented ?? As my gcms doesnt show any reason of RR as well as funds are sufficient too. How likely is for cic to contact bank? My concern is only about the Indian banking system. I have way to genuine and old funds. The only thing making me concerned that if banks ignore the enquiry or it goes to spam ?? Do they contact the head office or the local branch from which we acquire letter. I heard that they contact head office of bank and their queries are well answered by Indian Banks...I really hope so ...as it can save my file and unnecessary delay also. My funds are genuine and can be verified from any authority anytime..its just that i am afraid that i should not suffer from any ignorance from any entity.