+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALBERTA WELCOMES NURSES FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD

Margeor

Sep 8, 2018
27 Feb. 2019

I read this from FB page Filipino Canadian Connect - We Care

Internationally educated applicants

If you completed your nursing education outside of Canada, here's what you need to know to apply to practise in Alberta.

BEFORE YOU APPLY
You need to meet the English language proficiency requirement. If you already meet this requirement, proceed with the rest of the application process.

HOW TO APPLY

1. Before you apply to CARNA, apply and pay an assessment fee directly to the National Nursing Assessment Service (NNAS). You'll need to meet the English language proficiency requirement as part of this application. NNAS will forward their assessment of your application both to you and to CARNA.
Estimated time needed: Variable.

2. Once you receive a report from NNAS, create a MyCARNA account to submit your application for assessment and pay the non-refundable fee online.

3.Complete the following forms and email them to ien@nurses.ab.ca. These forms detail your nursing experience and practice hours.
Currency of practice hours form
Documentation of registered nursing experience/practice form

4. We will contact you with further instructions. We assess applications individually and in the order that we receive all the required documents. We will determine whether:
You are eligible to proceed to the next steps of writing the registration examination and working in Alberta with temporary registration to fulfill the reference requirement.
Your application is deferred until you complete the Alberta registered nurse assessment program (ARNAP) and/or bridging education (if applicable). A further assessment application with fee to CARNA will be required upon completion of the ARNAP or bridging program to proceed with registration requirements.
You are not eligible to proceed with meeting the registration requirements.

5. Take an Alberta registered nurse assessment program (ARNAP) or complete bridging education if you are required to by CARNA, otherwise proceed to step 7. We'll send you an email with instructions on how to do this.
Estimated time needed: Visit Touchstone Institute to see when the ARNAP is offered. 12 - 15 months to complete bridging courses and add waiting time for available seats.

6. If you were required to take the ARNAP, review your results and complete any specified bridging education courses before you proceed.
Estimated time needed: 12 – 15 months to complete bridging courses and add waiting time for available seats. The bridging program is available only at Mount Royal University. Please note that they recently reported a waiting time of four to five registration attempts before being accepted to the program. If you have questions or concerns about this, please contact Mount Royal University directly.

7. Once we notify you that you are eligible to proceed, apply to write the RN registration exam. You must pass the exam in not more than three attempts.

8. Once you pass the exam and meet all the registration requirements, you will be eligible to sign in to MyCARNA to apply for RN registration. If you took an English language proficiency test, make sure the results are still valid.

9. Obtain satisfactory Alberta employer reference(s) by working a minimum of 225 hours as a graduate nurse in Alberta with a temporary permit.
Estimated time needed: Variable number of months.
REGISTRATION & RENEWAL

suziemo

May 22, 2019
Hi, I'm a UK trained paediatric nurse who got their NNAS advisory report as 'Comparable'. I've applied to CARNA and I'm wondering what documents will I need to send to CARNA to get a decision from them? Just so I can start contacting past employers or past nursing schools as it took so long to get them for NNAS.
Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Not sure if this advertisement from comes from Canada or a consultant. I would make sure that there are jobs available.