+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alberta SRS For H1B Holders Category. Avail attroney's help?

s.can

Jan 25, 2009
Hi Friends, I plan on applying for the Alberta SRS For H1B Holders Category. I am trying to decide if I should apply by myself or avail services of an attorney. Can you share your opinion/experiences on what is the best thing to do? This will be very helpful. The question on all forms look simple, but I was not sure if there is a particular way to answer them. Also, can anyone share what is the success rate of applications under this stream to Alberta. Thank you!

divagirl

Jan 8, 2009
s.can said:
Hi Friends, I plan on applying for the Alberta SRS For H1B Holders Category. I am trying to decide if I should apply by myself or avail services of an attorney. Can you share your opinion/experiences on what is the best thing to do? This will be very helpful. The question on all forms look simple, but I was not sure if there is a particular way to answer them. Also, can anyone share what is the success rate of applications under this stream to Alberta. Thank you!
In my opinion, you really dont need the help of an attorney. Most of us in this forum have applied by ourselves. You can find help to answer most of the questions in this forum, if you cant find just ask and somebody will help.

s.can

Jan 25, 2009
Thank you so much divagirl! I will definitely ask if I am unable to answer any questions.

divagirl said:
s.can said:
In my opinion, you really dont need the help of an attorney. Most of us in this forum have applied by ourselves. You can find help to answer most of the questions in this forum, if you cant find just ask and somebody will help.

gocan

Feb 2, 2009
I am planning to fill the form on my own and need help with the following -

(AINP 009: Candidate Details: Q-14) Country of Last Permanent Residence: Should it be US? I am in US on H1 and not on GC.

(AINP 009: Occupation and Education: Q - 7) Language Ability: Without taking IELTS, what is the guideline to decide whether I am Basic, Moderate or High?

Can someone post the sample anwers for the following questions -

(AINP 009: Background in Canada and Alberta: Q - 3) Describe what you have done, or what you plan to do, to search for a job in Alberta

(AINP 009: Background in Canada and Alberta: Q - 4) Describe your plans for initial settlement in Alberta. For instance, where do you plan to live and what type of accommodation are you are seeking?

(AINP 009: Background in Canada and Alberta: Q - 5) Describe your familiarity with Alberta. For instance, what do you know about its climate, labour market, cost of living, geography, etc.?

divagirl

Jan 8, 2009
gocan said:

(AINP 009: Candidate Details: Q-14) Country of Last Permanent Residence: Should it be US? I am in US on H1 and not on GC.
Dont remember what i entered

(AINP 009: Occupation and Education: Q - 7) Language Ability: Without taking IELTS, what is the guideline to decide whether I am Basic, Moderate or High?
Decide yourself -- can you talk, read and write well? If yes, then High, if you have some problems, people cant understand then either moderate or Basic

Can someone post the sample anwers for the following questions -

(AINP 009: Background in Canada and Alberta: Q - 3) Describe what you have done, or what you plan to do, to search for a job in Alberta
Write about the diff websites you would use like monster.ca etc

(AINP 009: Background in Canada and Alberta: Q - 4) Describe your plans for initial settlement in Alberta. For instance, where do you plan to live and what type of accommodation are you are seeking?
Write about the city you plan to live and whether you would rent or stay in apt etc

(AINP 009: Background in Canada and Alberta: Q - 5) Describe your familiarity with Alberta. For instance, what do you know about its climate, labour market, cost of living, geography, etc.?
Search for Calgary, AB in google, you will get lot of info.

People have already answered these questions. Please read prv posting before you post a question.

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gocan said:

Your home country, unless you have a PR from another country and if you have lived there before you moved to the US.

mjkhan82

Mar 30, 2009
Hi,

I have a question related to form/question AINP009/A.14 (country if last permanent residence) on what i need to fill in based on my criteria

I'm a citizen of Pakistan but was born and raised in UAE and came to US for education when I was almost 17. Never lived in Pakistan. I'm currently on H1b

So what will be my last permanent residence (UAE or Pakistan)?

Regards,
Mo