+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALBERTA PNP

ayie

Nov 2, 2007
HELLO!!! CAN ANYONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW LONG IS THE PROCESS TIME FOR ALBERTA PNP? I HERAD IT ONLY TAKES 6 MONTHS. IS THIS TRUE....

c_j_l_1

Oct 3, 2007
Its not the province you are applying to but the visa office you are applying through. London is only 6 months but dont know about others. Check the site of the office you will be applying through.

waynewife

Nov 27, 2007
Hello,

I have not started the process yet but I am interested in moving to Alberta. What is proving to be very difficult is finding an employer who is willing to go thru the process of hiring a foreign worker. Can anyone hlp me with some info on this?

ciriaco

Jul 8, 2008
hello, i am already here in canada but the nomination is really depends on your employer. It only guarantee you a contact of two years but the assurance of being nominated is very hard.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I live in Alberta and my employer is hiring foreign workers.. if you happen to be a cabinetmaker. They give out 1 or 2 yr. contracts but they are so starved for people that they have always extended people's contracts if they wanted, even those who were maybe not the best workers. They are now sponsoring all their guys who are interested for PR status. A few other cabinetshops are also hiring foreign workers and I am sure it is the same in other industries. Maybe you should talk to an employment agency?

promise

Jun 28, 2008
Hi Leon,
Can any employment agencyin Aberta hire a foriegner, as u said i am not a cabinet maker, but i read Accounting,pls could you direct me to an eployment agency that could hire me to get the processing time shorter

I have been looking around on this forum but it seems it takes more time get the Federak skilled worker Visa,so i prefer geting a job and then apply ffor work permitt
Thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The employment agency can get you in touch with a company that will hire you and do the paperwork to get you a work permit. I don't really know of any agencies except Pathfinder I told you about before. Otherwise just google it but be careful where you send your money, there was a case in the papers not too long ago where a supposed employment agency was scamming people for money when they did not even have the license to operate.

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
is it pathfinder.com?

here is goodnews for new SW application
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/laws-policy/irpa-faq-you03.asp

pics

Jul 15, 2008
Good day to all!

Canadian embassy already sent me a notice that my category fall under skilled worker, my questions are, it is possible to shfit under PNP Immigration? what is the procedure? I think application processing for PNP is faster
than Federal Skilled Worker.

Any comments will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
PICS

Yes PNP is faster than FSW (all things being equal). You can always switch FSW to PNP when and if you get a PNP nomination certificate.

My response is based on my communication with Alberta immigration officials.