ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
To be honest with you I do not know... I am currently working for a big company so I have not idea it human resources department was contacted..... and my manager has not told me anything, even I have not told him that I am planning to go to Canada..... in any case with so many layoffs that are going on right now I think he does not even object :)

cchabert said:
Ingegarcia did they call your employer?

hitu_1979

Nov 5, 2008
hi guys,,,

i hv same problem..i'm a programmer analyst. so what number i select on Question 16???????

if is it not in high pressure list so it's mean my chances is not more

MeraNumKabAyga said:
stlguy said:
I am pretty much in the same situation.. I did apply under 2171 as it was the closest in Alberta's list.

You can have FSW and PNP going on at the same time, but when you reach the CIC stage (the 3rd and the last stage) of PNP, you need to withdraw your FSW to get your PNP completed.

There is a separate thread on Alberta PNP.. You can find more info there.
Hello Stlguy,

I am filling up the initial pre-application form. Could you please tell me what I should fill for -

Q 16. What is your current job title?
My title is programmer analyst. However, programmer analyst (2174) is not a high pressure list of occupations for Alberta. The title - "Information Systems Analysts and Consultants" - 2171 is on high pressure list. I want to select 2171 - some of my job duties (as per the experience letter from my current employer) will match 2171. However its not a close match. 2174 will be a close match for me. Could you please suggest which title should I use. Note that my experience letter from my currently employer shows programmer analyst. I guess i need to go with that.

Q 18. Is your occupation on the Regional Occupations Under Pressure list for Alberta? (Y or N)
If I put Programmer Analyst - 2174 as my answer for Q 16, I guess I will have to select "N". But if i put "Information Systems Analysts and Consultants" - 2171 as my answer for Q 16 in that case i can put "Y" as answer. Please suggest what should be the answer for this question - Y or N.

In case my occupation is not in Pressure List will I have to get a job offer first? When will I have to do that? Please advice.

Thanks a lot.

Cheers
MNKA

Nov 4, 2008
I put Programmer Analyst for # 16. Different companies have different job titles for the same job duties. If you are able to justify later on that your job duties match that of 2171 I think title wont matter. However, one should mind that 2171 is in high pressure category whereas 2173 and 2174 are not. Again this is my personal view I am not 100 percent sure.

Cheers
MNKA

ingegarcia

Jun 19, 2008
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
28-01-2010
I put Senior Software Engineer in #16, and applied for NOC2171... I justified why my job description applied to 2171.... since Programmer Analyst is very similar to System analyst and consultant you shouldn't have problems with the justification... read part of the job description for the NOC and compare it with your job title.

In NOC 2171... The analyst conducts research, develop and implement information systems development plans, policies and procedures, and provide advice on a wide range of information systems issues. He also confers with clients to identify and document requirements, conduct business and technical studies, design, develop, integrate and implement information systems business solutions.

See the complete description in the URL below....
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC-CNP/app/quicksearch.aspx?lc=e&searchkey=2171

I hope this helps

Nov 4, 2008
Thanks a lot ingegarcia. This was very helpful !!

ingegarcia said:
I put Senior Software Engineer in #16, and applied for NOC2171... I justified why my job description applied to 2171.... since Programmer Analyst is very similar to System analyst and consultant you shouldn't have problems with the justification... read part of the job description for the NOC and compare it with your job title.

In NOC 2171... The analyst conducts research, develop and implement information systems development plans, policies and procedures, and provide advice on a wide range of information systems issues. He also confers with clients to identify and document requirements, conduct business and technical studies, design, develop, integrate and implement information systems business solutions.

See the complete description in the URL below....
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC-CNP/app/quicksearch.aspx?lc=e&searchkey=2171

I hope this helps

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It depends on if you were already legally living in Canada before getting PR. If you arrive as a PR through skilled worker, spousal sponsorship, PNP family stream or PNP h1b program in AB, you need to live in Canada for 1095 days (3 years) in the 4 year period before you apply for citizenship.

If you were already legally living in Canada before on a temporary work permit or a student visa, you are allowed to count this time as 2 days for 1 value so if you had been living in Canada on a temporary permit for 2 years, this counts as 1 year towards your requirement for citizenship and then you have to have been PR for only 2 years. That would be if you never left Canada for 1 day in those previous 4 years. If you left, you have to add that time again. Only the previous 4 years before you apply can be counted.

For example, temporary worker who applies for PR through a PNP and gets it after he has been in Canada for 1 year can count 6 months of that year towards his citizenship requirement and would have to live in Canada as a PR for 2 and a half years then to apply for citizenship.

immigrants

Nov 15, 2008
Here is the link o Alberta PNP:
http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/immigrate/skilledworkers.html

What is the meaning of "Examples of eligible occupations"?

Because "Computer software and interactive media developers", similar with NOC 2174, are on the list!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Because they don't list all the eligible occupations, just a few. As they say at the top, they should be skill level 0, A or B. If you can find your occupation at http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC-CNP/app/index.aspx you can find the skill level by looking at the 4 digit NOC code. If the first digit is 0 it's a skill type 0 job. If the first digit is not 0 but the 2nd digit is 1, then it's a skill level A, if the first digit is not 0 and the 2nd digit is 2 or 3, it's a skill level B. For some reason they have listed clergy and elementary school teachers as ineligible so if you want to be sure that your occupation is ok, you have to contact them and ask.

akmkamboj79

Star Member
Mar 28, 2010
india
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 -9-2008
Doc's Request.
10-10-2009
Nomination.....
22-4-2010
AOR Received.
24-9-2010
IELTS Request
attached
Med's Request
24-9-2010
Med's Done....
27-9-2010
Interview........
telephonic interview on 16 feb
Passport Req..
24-9-2010
VISA ISSUED...
4 -5-2011
LANDED..........
13-6-2011
hi to alll ,igot nomination on 12may ,ihave some problem the ainp send me a kit , hea also tell me about language test not older then one year ,but my test is older than one year is there is complsery for both of us me and my wife do ielts test agian ,and how many band we required , plz tell me as soon as possibel