+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alberta PNP- PGWP holders

pilotakram

Star Member
Nov 9, 2021
Hey everyone .
Based on the information i read online, you only need 6 months of work experience for a PGWP holder to get an invitation to Alberta provincial . But you're also required to have an Express entry profile which requires one year work experience!

What makes the PNP a better option for international students then ?
Any one who went through the same situation?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hey everyone .
Based on the information i read online, you only need 6 months of work experience for a PGWP holder to get an invitation to Alberta provincial . But you're also required to have an Express entry profile which requires one year work experience!

What makes the PNP a better option for international students then ?
Any one who went through the same situation?
There are two streams - EE and AOS. AOS is not through EE and requires 6 month experience in Alberta. If you studied in Alberta and on PGWP, your NOC must match the program you completed in Alberta.

Sanderra

Oct 24, 2022
There are two streams - EE and AOS. AOS is not through EE and requires 6 month experience in Alberta. If you studied in Alberta and on PGWP, your NOC must match the program you completed in Alberta.
What is the meaning of noc matched the program completed in Alberta? Eg) I did 2 year business administration diploma “specialized in marketing” and am working as a bookkeeper. Will the noc match my study in Alberta ? As core courses I studied in diploma include some accounting courses (intro of financial accounting I, II, business law and so on)

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
What is the meaning of noc matched the program completed in Alberta? Eg) I did 2 year business administration diploma “specialized in marketing” and am working as a bookkeeper. Will the noc match my study in Alberta ? As core courses I studied in diploma include some accounting courses (intro of financial accounting I, II, business law and so on)
Read the AINP- AOS requirements for PGWP holders who studied in Alberta. They will decide if your diploma matches the NOC. You will know once your nomination is approved.

Sanderra

Oct 24, 2022
Read the AINP- AOS requirements for PGWP holders who studied in Alberta. They will decide if your diploma matches the NOC. You will know once your nomination is approved.
Ty for your reply. I am well aware of the requirements but those are somewhat ambiguous as all the AIIPP portal says is "If you are a Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) holder, your occupation must also be related to your field of study in Alberta". This sounds to me eligibility well depends on officer's discretion because of the word " related". In the worst scenario, they can reject an application because of education not being accounting but marketing regardless of the fact that both majors are business administration discipline.

Sanderra

Oct 24, 2022
I have read document checklist for AOS and have found that AOS requires applicants to submit their academic transcripts. I assume they may go thru what courses applicants have studied in Alberta and would match that with their primary noc. So (this is just my own opinion) applicants should be ready to explain why their education matches their occupational duties in case they are asked to explain.