+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (H1B Holders) CIC Process

mitzi

Oct 7, 2008
Congrats AKK! we definitely need some good news!!
when did you get your nomination? did they send email confirmation as well?

So what is the latest processed File Number so far...260++ ???
Keep them coming!!

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats! AKK.

Would you mind sharing your NOC code and the file number?

akk

Sep 2, 2008
Hi,

Thanks!! Mine is 0213 and file number 33x or 34x...don't have the papers here with me...
Does anyone knows how long it takes for CIC? They say that it might take 6-12 months, but I've heard someone saying that was up to 6 months....
I know that the first step takes up to 3 months...

Akk

mitzi said:
Congrats AKK! we definitely need some good news!!
when did you get your nomination? did they send email confirmation as well?

So what is the latest processed File Number so far...260++ ???
Keep them coming!!

Tocanadanow

Jan 20, 2009
I have been actively reading these forums on Alberta but never posted, I applied for Pre-Assessment got the package File # XXXX-XX-27X. Today I have received a letter of Denial from Alberta under NOC 1111 I am an accountant, There is no Appeal Process and Decision is Final so I guess I move on. Thanks everyone for their help & inputs I guess so many people are applying they are beginning to deny some application. Good Luck everyone.
Seems Like 2171 are getting more pieces of the cake as Alberta wants to be the new IT Hub, But they don't realize many of us are just using Alberta as a back up rather than really moving there.

mitzi

Oct 7, 2008
I am soooo sad to hear this Tocanadanow..so far we have 2 reported denials :((
moving on with a positive attitude is always good tho :))

nizamii

Oct 14, 2008
my file numebr is -269 and it is rejected because of my mistake that i have put in the form my intention of living is Ontario instead of Alberta.But it was mistakenly written as my total intention was to live in ALBERTA.NOW I DON'T KNOW WHAT I HAVE TO to do.Can any one suggest that what i should have to do beacuse they told me that this was the resaon my application is being rejected .BUt they also gave me some numbers to contact them.It was really a bad mistake.

mitzi

Oct 7, 2008
Did it say "no appeal" in the letter from Alberta? If it doesn't then start contacting those numbers they have provided you!
and please keep us posted on any developments.

nizamii

Oct 14, 2008
my file numebr is -269 and it is rejected because of my mistake that i have put in the form my intention of living is Ontario instead of Alberta.But it was mistakenly written as my total intention was to live in ALBERTA.NOW I DON'T KNOW WHAT I HAVE TO to do.Can any one suggest that what i should have to do beacuse they told me that this was the resaon my application is being rejected .BUt they also gave me some numbers to contact them.It was really a bad TYPO mistake. Also they did not say any thing regarding "No APPEAL.

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tocanadanow said:
Seems Like 2171 are getting more pieces of the cake as Alberta wants to be the new IT Hub, But they don't realize many of us are just using Alberta as a back up rather than really moving there.
I am sorry to hear that they rejected your application. I hope you will get your GC in the US or you will have some other options open soon.

I think Alberta knows that only about 50% accepted applicants will eventually move to Alberta. That is the reason they are accepting so many IT professionals. If they get 50% IT guys, they will be fine. Looks like they are also looking for those who are in desparate situation like 6, 7 or even 8 years on H1B and who should leave the US if they did not get their GC soon. Alberta knows that most of these guys will move to Alberta rather than moving back home. Unless somebody comes on this forum and tells us that he/she got nominated with just 1 or 2 years on H1B.

I am freaking out right now as I have been on H1B for a little over a year and they might reject me because they might not believe me that I will be moving to Alberta. My NOC is 2171 and my file number is 43X. I compared my job description with theirs on their website and it does not match word for word. I am worried they are trying to match the job description word for word.

pokha69

Star Member
Jan 31, 2008
Nix1,

I disagree with you: people with 6,7 years experience in US are in a good shape to apply greencard rather than those with 1/2 years experience here in the US. If they say atleast 1 year than it should work.

But I agree with you for the word to word job description . The word will only match if we/you have worked or currently working with Alberta immigration itself as IT persons,

Good luck for all of us who are suffering from this immigration crap here in US after huge investment in our education and time.

gurram

Dec 3, 2008
Hi Nihak,
Have you got file number?
I am also waiting for the same.

Regards
gurram

nit said:
Hi,
My name is nihak,I am new to this group.
I applied for AINP nomination Nov 26,but still i am not receive any file number?
actually how long it will take for file number?
Thanks.

Jay007

Star Member
Nov 15, 2008
Hello friends,

I had applied under "Computer Engineer", NOC-2147

Invitation letter also mention " Occupation : Computer Engineer "

As I already inform u guys,I got nomination.

A letter with nomination states that my "Occupation : Computer Analyst"

Now what to do? Is there any problem at CIC level?

durka

Oct 25, 2008
Tocanadannow,

I would like to know if you had applied under NOC 1111 or NOC 2171?

Thanks,

Durka
Tocanadanow said:
I have been actively reading these forums on Alberta but never posted, I applied for Pre-Assessment got the package File # XXXX-XX-27X. Today I have received a letter of Denial from Alberta under NOC 1111 I am an accountant, There is no Appeal Process and Decision is Final so I guess I move on. Thanks everyone for their help & inputs I guess so many people are applying they are beginning to deny some application. Good Luck everyone.

mitzi

Oct 7, 2008
Congrats Jay007! what is your File number?

Jay007 said:
Hello friends,

I had applied under "Computer Engineer", NOC-2147

Invitation letter also mention " Occupation : Computer Engineer "

As I already inform u guys,I got nomination.

A letter with nomination states that my "Occupation : Computer Analyst"

Now what to do? Is there any problem at CIC level?