2009-08-14 File Approved by CIC-LA
2009-08-17 Mail sent from CIC-LA
2009-08-20 Mail received at Denver
Congratulations Agrisiva!!!!

6SigmaMBB

Star Member
Mar 11, 2009
Hi Folks,

This week I mailed all the required documents to Buffalo which was received by them yesterday. Those of you who have already gone through this process step, did anyone receive any acknowledgement letter and/or file # of sorts?. What is the usual waiting time before one receive requests for medicals?

Thanks,
6SigmaMBB

6SigmaMBB

Star Member
Mar 11, 2009
Natraj & (Other senior members),

Quick question: You have mentioned in this reply (see below) that Rajesh will receive a request to submit PCCs (AGAIN?) along with a medical assessment etc once done with medicals....

Is sending a second set of PCCs a part of the process? Have all folks who have already obtained PRR done this or is this a random "sampling" process followed by CIC?

Guess wht, it took me three freakin months to get the docs together to send to CIC after nomination- a major pain my rear end being obtaining PCCs from my home country..I really dread going through this process again!.

I am curious to hear from you and others....

Thanks,
6Sigma

dnataraj said:
arajesh5 said:
Guys ...

I sent my application to Buffalo on April 23rd. By May 15, I received a letter asking me to fill in more information on IM0008. I returned the application on May 23. On Jun 15, my cashier's check was cashed. Today, on August 6, I received a file number starting with B followed by 9 digits. Also included with the letter is the request for a medical exam. I am yet to take the exam - After the results are sent to Canada - how long does it take to get to the next step (and by the what is... the next step).

Also, sometime in between, I had my expiring passport renewed and I hence have a new passport ? Should I do something about this ?

Thks,
Congratulations Rajesh.

Get the medicals done asap and send them to Ottawa. Make sure you send it by FedEx kind of thing so that you will have tracking info.

Sometime soon, you will get AOR ( the initial assessment) and request for PCC's and RPRF. Start getting your PCC's from FBI, all the states in the US you have stayed and all the countries you have resided. Apply to nearby Indian consulate asap as it will take long time depending on various factors.

Inform CIC about your new passport with all details like passport number etc through email as well as surface mail. Quote your immigration file number Bxxxxxxxxx in all correspondence.

You will be getting your PRR by this year end!!!

And my best wishes.
-dna

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
6SigmaMBB said:
Natraj & (Other senior members),

Quick question: You have mentioned in this reply (see below) that Rajesh will receive a request to submit PCCs (AGAIN?) along with a medical assessment etc once done with medicals....

Is sending a second set of PCCs a part of the process? Have all folks who have already obtained PRR done this or is this a random "sampling" process followed by CIC?

Guess wht, it took me three freakin months to get the docs together to send to CIC after nomination- a major pain my rear end being obtaining PCCs from my home country..I really dread going through this process again!.

I am curious to hear from you and others....

Thanks,
6Sigma
Medical request come roughly in two months time. Then you will have 60 days to complete it.

Request for PCC's is not random. Probably you can start collecting them from all the countries you have stayed in, including your home country (I am not sure about your country but for India one can get them from the local consulates here in the US). Within US you need one from FBI which takes 2-3 weeks and sometimes they ask for state PCC's (which takes 2-3 weeks, roughly). In this forum some were not asked, but I had to submit.

Remember, timing is the key here. Time it in such a way that you will get your PCC's by two months from today. If you get them right now they may expire. If they do not come on time you will miss the bus.

Good luck.

p.s: I am speaking from my experience though!! I am not a legal authority :)

optimusprime

Star Member
Oct 6, 2008
Hi dna, could you clarify your response to sigma. Sigma was asking if a second set of PCCs are required. I got initial assessment from Buffalo and they did not ask for PCCs anymore as I sent it to them earlier on. Do you mean, it is possible for them to ask the PCCs again at a later stage? Please confirm.

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
optimusprime said:
Hi dna, could you clarify your response to sigma. Sigma was asking if a second set of PCCs are required. I got initial assessment from Buffalo and they did not ask for PCCs anymore as I sent it to them earlier on. Do you mean, it is possible for them to ask the PCCs again at a later stage? Please confirm.
Second set is not necessary. However, if there is a large time delay (usually will not happen in AINP, but in FSW there are cases!!) they might ask a fresh set. But yes, here they will not ask.

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dnataraj said:
Second set is not necessary. However, if there is a large time delay (usually will not happen in AINP, but in FSW there are cases!!) they might ask a fresh set. But yes, here they will not ask.
dna,

just to clarify. that means when the FSW application has to be sent to CIC we have to include the FBI and state PCC. then later CIC may ask for fresh FBI and state PCC's. am i understanding this right ?

dnataraj

Jul 9, 2008
No.
For FSW, it is not advisable to include FBI and state PCC's in the beginning as they will expire, given the current time-line. It is better to send them later when they ask. Of course it doesn't hurt sending them in the beginning. But then it will be duplication of efforts.

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dnataraj said:
No.
For FSW, it is not advisable to include FBI and state PCC's in the beginning as they will expire, given the current time-line. It is better to send them later when they ask. Of course it doesn't hurt sending them in the beginning. But then it will be duplication of efforts.
thanks dna,

that means you can send the CIC form without the FBI and state PCC. When CIC ask for it we can send them. Is that right understanding ?

kishankanhaiya

Jan 7, 2009
yes you can send your application with out FBI and state PCC certificate. Actually if you apply three months before your certificate expires then it is accepted. The rule says certificate should not be more than three months old at the time of application on their website. This is both for PNP and FSW.

AlbertaGovernor said:
dnataraj said:
No.
thanks dna,

that means you can send the CIC form without the FBI and state PCC. When CIC ask for it we can send them. Is that right understanding ?

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dnataraj said:
AlbertaGovernor said:
thanks dna,

Yes
ok to save time. after getting nomination one can apply for CIC and FBI/state pcc at the same time. when FBI/State pcc come you can submit them to CIC.

kishankanhaiya

Jan 7, 2009
yes you are right. sending all the required PCC's along with other documents saves a lot of time.
AlbertaGovernor said:
dnataraj said:
AlbertaGovernor said:
thanks dna,

Yes
ok to save time. after getting nomination one can apply for CIC and FBI/state pcc at the same time. when FBI/State pcc come you can submit them to CIC.