+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program | (AINP) - 2021

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello Fellow Applicants,

I am a permanent resident in Canada since 2017 (In AB since 2019). My brother is in the process of creating an express entry profile. Does anyone know - whether any outland applicant with a sibling residing in AB, received a NOI from Alberta after the Alberta - PNP program resumed.

His Details :-

IELTS : 6.5
CRS : 355
NOC : 2132
Work Exp. : 3 years (As HVAC + MEP certification & commissioning supervisor - Middle East)
Education : Diploma in Automobile Engineering + BTech Mechanical Engineering.
Married, No kids.

Thank you
Ryan
Does he have an ECA completed and what is his full IELTS score. He has a family member in Alberta but his NOC is not on the exemption list so balances out. They may be looking for specific NOCs rather than family living in the province. Since the focus is on AOS stream and specific NOCs, it will be interesting to see when they do EE as there hasn’t been one since the summer (I think).

RyanGiggs011

Star Member
Mar 16, 2016
Salt lake
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
23-04-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
26-04-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
18-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2016
LANDED..........
Jan-2017
Does he have an ECA completed and what is his full IELTS score. He has a family member in Alberta but his NOC is not on the exemption list so balances out. They may be looking for specific NOCs rather than family living in the province. Since the focus is on AOS stream and specific NOCs, it will be interesting to see when they do EE as there hasn’t been one since the summer (I think).
Thank you for response @Naturgrl

ECA for Brother : Completed from WES
ECA for Sister in Law : Waiting for Masters Degree Certificate to apply.

Is the process something like below.

1. Candidate creates express entry profile - Do we have to select a category at this stage ? [CEC/FSW/FST/PNP]
2. Selects AB as province preference.
3. Complete application and submit.
4. If qualified, AB will sent an NOI email to the email address provided in profile.
5. Respond to AB with a screen shot of the email and EE profile #.
7. AB will send email to create "MyAlberta Digital ID" and submit all documents.
6. AB will make a decision on PNP nomination in 2-3 months (or longer).
7. If all goes well, PNP gets approved.
8. Gets ITA in upcoming draw when scores match.

Thank you

imthushar

Jan 9, 2021
Thank you for response @Naturgrl

ECA for Brother : Completed from WES
ECA for Sister in Law : Waiting for Masters Degree Certificate to apply.

Is the process something like below.

1. Candidate creates express entry profile - Do we have to select a category at this stage ? [CEC/FSW/FST/PNP]
2. Selects AB as province preference.
3. Complete application and submit.
4. If qualified, AB will sent an NOI email to the email address provided in profile.
5. Respond to AB with a screen shot of the email and EE profile #.
7. AB will send email to create "MyAlberta Digital ID" and submit all documents.
6. AB will make a decision on PNP nomination in 2-3 months (or longer).
7. If all goes well, PNP gets approved.
8. Gets ITA in upcoming draw when scores match.

Thank you

Please tell him to proceed with creating the profile ASAP. He can update the profile later when his wife gets the ECA.
He'll get preference as he has a sibling in Alberta. There's is a chance of draw next week.

Reactions: RyanGiggs011

MohMak

Star Member
Apr 19, 2017
hi all

Q1 - I just reached required POF this month but my average balance would not be that equivalent. So, to save time, i am going to make my profile this month and will submit it with preference to Alberta with view of PNP immigration. Is it ok to apply now or i wait huge 6 months. (funds belong to me and not borrowed).

Q2 - I have to get job description/experience letter from my employer, should i get it now Or i get it at time of making online profile. (i intended to make profile at end of Jan 2021). How much latest Job experience letter should be..

need valuable response from u ppl !!

RyanGiggs011

Star Member
Mar 16, 2016
Salt lake
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
23-04-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
26-04-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
18-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2016
LANDED..........
Jan-2017
Please tell him to proceed with creating the profile ASAP. He can update the profile later when his wife gets the ECA.
He'll get preference as he has a sibling in Alberta. There's is a chance of draw next week.
Thank you for heads up @imthushar.
I will get it done in couple of days.

Reactions: imthushar

RyanGiggs011

Star Member
Mar 16, 2016
Salt lake
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
23-04-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
26-04-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
18-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2016
LANDED..........
Jan-2017
Hello Guys,

I created profile for brother and application submitted. <<REJECTED>> in 5 minutes

Fund : 16K
CLB Level : 7 Met (S - 6.5, R - 6, L -7, W -6), exam result on Dec-31-2020
WES : 4 Yr Bachelor Degree
Work Exp : 3 years as HVAC Engineer
Education: Mechanical Engineer

"Your Express Entry profile has been reviewed and we have determined that you are not eligible for Express Entry at this time.

To qualify for Express Entry, you must meet the minimum eligibility criteria for the Federal Skilled Worker Program, and/or the Federal Skilled Trades Program and/or the Canadian Experience Class. Based on the information you gave in your profile, you do not appear to meet the minimum eligibility criteria for any of these programs at the moment.

Below are a few examples of why a candidate will be found ineligible: • not having a valid language test, • language test results that are more than two years old, • a language test score that is too low, • not having enough relevant work experience, • not having the required education level, • not having enough funds."

Does anyone know, what could be the reason for straight rejection ?
Bro is just engaged, marriage is in Feb.
Will it make sense to wait for marriage certificate and apply along with wife ? [She has similar score in IELTS]

RyanGiggs011

Star Member
Mar 16, 2016
Salt lake
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
23-04-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
26-04-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
18-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2016
LANDED..........
Jan-2017
Hello Guys,

I created profile for brother and application submitted. <<REJECTED>> in 5 minutes

Fund : 16K
CLB Level : 7 Met (S - 6.5, R - 6, L -7, W -6), exam result on Dec-31-2020
WES : 4 Yr Bachelor Degree
Work Exp : 3 years as HVAC Engineer
Education: Mechanical Engineer

"Your Express Entry profile has been reviewed and we have determined that you are not eligible for Express Entry at this time.

To qualify for Express Entry, you must meet the minimum eligibility criteria for the Federal Skilled Worker Program, and/or the Federal Skilled Trades Program and/or the Canadian Experience Class. Based on the information you gave in your profile, you do not appear to meet the minimum eligibility criteria for any of these programs at the moment.

Below are a few examples of why a candidate will be found ineligible: • not having a valid language test, • language test results that are more than two years old, • a language test score that is too low, • not having enough relevant work experience, • not having the required education level, • not having enough funds."

Does anyone know, what could be the reason for straight rejection ?
Bro is just engaged, marriage is in Feb.
Will it make sense to wait for marriage certificate and apply along with wife ? [She has similar score in IELTS]
I think our application did not satisfy FSW Preliminary score (67 or more) cut off.

1. Second IELTS scheduled in Feb
2. Marriage in Feb

I will create new application in Feb.

Jessicasangha

Jan 15, 2021
My friend received AINP Nomination and needs to submit a work permit based on nomination. AINP is talking 30-45 days to issue a 204 (c) letter.
Question: can she apply for employer-specific work permit with the providing proof of request of 204 (c) letter ? or Can she apply for a work permit with a 204 (c) letter after the expiry of her work permit (in restoration period). PR application has been submitted and the work permit expires in 15 days. I called lawyers and IRCC gave me confusing and contradictory information.

prayagraval

Star Member
May 31, 2018
My friend received AINP Nomination and needs to submit a work permit based on nomination. AINP is talking 30-45 days to issue a 204 (c) letter.
Question: can she apply for employer-specific work permit with the providing proof of request of 204 (c) letter ? or Can she apply for a work permit with a 204 (c) letter after the expiry of her work permit (in restoration period). PR application has been submitted and the work permit expires in 15 days. I called lawyers and IRCC gave me confusing and contradictory information.
Under which stream does she receive nomination alberta express entry or alberta opportunity stream?

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
I send a message to ainp on Twitter and this was the reply :

Hi there - apologies for the delayed reply. The AINP has started its Express Entry (EE) draws for 2021, with the first draw on January 8, 2021. Updates on AINP EE draws are posted with a month at http://Alberta.ca/ainp-processing-times-inventory.aspx. All temporary COVID-19 EE changes are still in effect - please see http://Alberta.ca/ainp-changes-due-to-covid-19.aspx.
Great! but will be interesting to see if in EE draws they have still considered inland or outland applicants as well. I didn't read much about people getting an NOI from AINP on this forum lately via EE.

prayagraval

Star Member
May 31, 2018
Great! but will be interesting to see if in EE draws they have still considered inland or outland applicants as well. I didn't read much about people getting an NOI from AINP on this forum lately via EE.
As per the message they say that All temporary COVID-19 EE changes are still in effect - please see http://Alberta.ca/ainp-changes-due-to-covid-19.aspx. So they r only inviting inland and inland who r current working and not layed off

Reactions: Naturgrl